What's new

HELP: Young Entrepreneur Went From Nothing to Marketer in 4 Months Yet STUCK in a Mental Plateau

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

hatedsalesrep

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jul 2, 2017
Messages
109
Location
Orlando, FL
Rep Bank
$625
User Power: 127%
Do you ever make progress yet feel like you are running circles in life?

I had nothing. No knowledge of technical skills, could at most get a server job, believed school was everything, was extremely depressed and all I wanted was to be rich and get laid. I would come home from school, and would lay down and not leave my house for up to 2 weeks. In that time I would binge watch all kinds of shows, binge eat, disconnect completely from family and friends whilst telling everyone that I was "busy" or "at work".

I was so ashamed of people finding out who I was. People finding out I was honestly depressed. I was skipping classes. I got a 0.5 gpa that semester, while parents praised me for being extremely smart and a "straight A student!!"...right. Girlfriends? No chance. I hated women probably because of my own lack of them.

Fast forward 4 months, I got a job with a tech company next to the CEO doing digital marketing, feel at peace with myself(most days), am extremely happy, have a desire to make an impact in the world. I do still over eat but nothing like before. I am focused, passionate, have no issues being around girls, and most importantly being myself. I always feel at ease talking to people because I know I am always myself. People say that I have a "Radient" aura around me. Even myself, sometimes, look back and see that person as someone else. It's like I died and was reborn.

I am realizing that what I truly love is the sales aspect of marketing. I love "meetings". I love talking to people. I love the psychology of negotiating. I love neuroscience and how the brain works. I love creating things that influences people to take action. I also love technology and how its revolutionizing the way we think and live and I would love to be a part of that(neurotechnology). I like changing business cultures from generic to visionary. That is what gets me excited. I see so many people with different skills and achievements that if they focused on that could make a KILLING doing what they love.

However, today is one of my "I want to give up" days. I have read all these books on starting a business, spirituality, self-improvement, technical books(on actual skills). I also meditate daily, listen to podcasts, and audiobooks. As I was batching up some videos for YouTube and for my website so that people can learn some digital marketing skills, while creating my sales funnels that's when I hit the floor.
Am I supposed to write my own ebook to give out for free? Why would anyone pay me alot of money to help them when I've just been doing this for 5 months? Can't people just go on YouTube and spend some time to learn this stuff?

Worst of all, having you guys read the initial story, my biggest question..How can I sell someone digital marketing services for their brand when I have trouble building my own?

I am learning all different aspects of a business from marketing, sales, web design, copywriting, technical know hows, but I am no master at any of them. I feel like I can give someone intermediate advice on ALL of them but not extremely advanced "master" status answers.

I've tried doing freelance for digital marketing and that's when I realized my current lack of skills Most of the jobs I saw I could honestly NOT do. Sometimes I tend to worry even for my current job because I feel as if the boss will see right through my insecurity.

What really pisses me off the MOST though is the fact I feel this way. I've been meditating, reading self-improvement, doing this, doing that, haven't watched TV in ages, haven't gone out in ages..Just learning and practicing yet here I am still struggling with the same F*cking inner devils. It makes me feel incompetent.

Thanks for reading this. I know this is just the day and tomorrow I will wake up ready to grind and motivated but its moments like this where I feel that criticisms and advice are most helpful.

P.S- Sorry if this is all over the place. I was writing all over the place as I typed. Also I've never said this before but I realize if I want honest answers, I need to be honest with everyone.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom