The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss

For any book discussion

Tryhard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 7, 2015
Howdy, I'm currently reading the 4 Hour Work Week and I want to hear others opinions on it, and how it compares to the Millionare Fastlane, thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Howdy, I'm currently reading the 4 Hour Work Week and I want to hear others opinions on it, and how it compares to the Millionare Fastlane, thanks.

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Have you read the Millionaire Fast Lane yet? You can get the first three chapters of the book free here:

http://www.themillionairefastlane.com/

The two books you mentioned are completely different, with different content focusing on different topics. There's really no direct comparison/contrast between the two. You can search the forums for a lot that has been written here about both books.

Also, you might want to take the time to formally introduce yourself in the introductions area of the forums.

Glad you are here.

Tryhard

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 7, 2015
Thanks for the warm welcome, I haven't read Millionare Fastlane yet but I'm going to after I finish the other book - once I've read both I'll give a review comparing and contrasting them.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The 4-Hour Work Week is great motivational material.

It gives you ideas about how to make things happen.

I read it before reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

Had it impacted me the same I'd be hanging out on Tim Ferriss's site instead of here.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Each is a tool. How you use them depends on how the information fits your current situation and goals going forward.

To flip the conversation..... what have you learned in 4HWW that you can apply to your current situation and goals going forward?

For me:
RDPD was the red pill
4HWW opened my eyes to the simplicity / systems / outside the box thinking / delegation
TMF gave me a more specific path and a kick in the a$$

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
The Millionaire Fastlane was the first book I read, and it permanently changed my views on life. 4HWW Did not have that same effect on me, but it does offer great insight of how to manage a scaling business.

What I will mention, is that I do not agree with all of Tim's business practices, and a 1/4th or 1/3rd of them rub me the wrong way (making it seem easier than it actually is, without explaining the details). While Tim's might have worked back when for him making a supplement brand, and does offer some great advice. MJ's book has a solid foundation used by all successful entrepreneurs of any point in time.

In this game, there is no easy way to be successful, and I like that Millionaire Fastlane does not beat around the bush in that regard.

If you're in the book reading stage, I would strongly recommend 'Getting at it' (as in, making your product) after reading Millionaire Fastlane (Perhaps Miracle Morning as well). From there, only read a book if you need to know further information.

Spending Months/years reading books isn't going to help you. You'll slowly start forgetting what you've read in other books, and at the end of it all, you'll have made 0% progress developing your product.

Last edited:

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Actually reading 4HRWW now. So far it is good.

It has not yet fired me up like MJ's book. TMFL was the first business book I read really, and completely changed how I viewed everything.

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
The focus of 4HWW is lifestyle design.

The focus of TMF is wealth acquisition.

Two totally different topics.

And ... two of the BEST books ever written.

Do yourself a favor ... don't ask "us" how they compare.

Find out for yourself.

You'll be glad you did. :)

JAMES-L67

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 24, 2014
A solid read, Tim takes the idea of freedom a lot differently than MJ.

That said, it's always a good idea to ingest fresh ideas now and then, and a lot of what you take in with 4HWW you can modify to fit fastlane theories.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Each is a tool. How you use them depends on how the information fits your current situation and goals going forward.

For me:
RDPD was the red pill
4HWW opened my eyes to the simplicity / systems / outside the box thinking / delegation
TMF gave me a more specific path and a kick in the a$$

Exactly the same.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
I read 4HWW a few years before TMF .

While I liked 4HWW, I'm not interested in being Tim or living the kind of lifestyle he designed for himself. His focus is on escaping the job even if you don't have a lot of money.

TMF is much more aligned with my current goals (wealth acquisition) since after that I can do whatever I want, so I found the tips more applicable.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Ostap Bender

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 25, 2015
I read both, but prefer MJ's - FHWW is basically about how to outsource everything.

Exactly, but then the question shows up : what do you, as a reader, want to outsource if you didn't have build an enterprise 'til now ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.