The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30 year old sick of the rat race.

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Hey, I'm Brandyn. I'm 30 years old and I've been in the rat race since I was 16. My list of jobs since then include kettle corn cook/salesman at a roadside stand, retail worker at Macy's, overnight sorter at FedEx ground, retail worker at Ritz camera, valet, bellman, front desk agent, and now tech support.

I also have a bachelors degree in management/business. I guess you can see how valuable that has been to me...

I'm a husband and a father, and last week I had to borrow money from family to get my bank account out of the red. And it's not for a lack of hard work.

This is my rock bottom. This is my ground zero.

I'm tired of making other people money while I just scrape by. I'm tired of waiting for my pay check to be deposited into my account every other week and hoping I'll be able to make it to the next one. I don't want to wait until I am 70 years old to finally live comfortably (in a nursing home).

I want to be a role model to my kids. I want my wife to live easy and happy. I'm done with the rate race and the "get rich slow" method to wealth. I'm ready to join you guys in the fast lane.

I downloaded and read the free chapters of the Millionaire Fastlane , and then downloaded the audio-book on audible. I plan on finishing the book within the week. I'm ready to change!

I can't wait to get to know some of you guys, hopefully work with some of you guys, and learn and grow with some of you guys.

Thanks for writing this book and creating this community MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Welcome man. My recommendation would be to listen to that book every second of the day you can until it's done. If you liked the first three chapters you're going to love the rest!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

Make it a point to visit here every day and read the GOLD / NOTABLE threads.

Before you can change your OUTSIDE, you need to change your INSIDE.

Hope to cya around!

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Welcome man. My recommendation would be to listen to that book every second of the day you can until it's done. If you liked the first three chapters you're going to love the rest!
Thanks! I can't wait to finish.

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Welcome to the forum.

Make it a point to visit here every day and read the GOLD / NOTABLE threads.

Before you can change your OUTSIDE, you need to change your INSIDE.

Hope to cya around!
Thank you. I'll be here everyday stuffing my brain as much as I can.

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This is my rock bottom. This is my ground zero.

I'm tired of making other people money while I just scrape by.

I'm ready to join you guys in the fast lane.

I'm ready to change!

Just words...

The people that I have been around that have shown the most success become visible through actions. Never through statements.

Lots of people come here and tell us what they are tired of and what they are ready for. The truth is that there is a lot of discomfort and difficulty in the fastlane as well. That is not actually true unless you want it to be. It is all in your perception. But the challenges of working a job don't even COME CLOSE to the challenges of building a business.

Most will start and then say "F*ck this shit...."

Read the part about MJ's challenges of getting started.

Welcome to the forum.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
But the challenges of working a job don't even COME CLOSE to the challenges of building a business.

... and every time it gets super dark or hard, someone you know will call you and say "We need to fill a position in my department, and I wanted to run it by you first...."

I got one of those on Friday and again last night. It's like the universe knows that I'm getting tired.

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Just words...

The people that I have been around that have shown the most success become visible through actions. Never through statements.
Of course. I realize no one has ever "talked" a million dollar business into existence. But every million dollar business has started with an idea and the decision to work hard and make it happen. That's what I'm doing here. I've made the decision to change my life and work hard toward creating my new life, this is just me making that decision public.
But the challenges of working a job don't even COME CLOSE to the challenges of building a business.

Of course. If this was easy everyone would be driving brand new lambos and living in houses that are too big for them. I've busted my a$$ for about 16 years now for other people so I am more than prepared to bust my a$$ for myself. I don't expect to come back here in 3 months and tell you guys I've succeeded. I know it will take a long time and it will take my complete dedication to make it happen. I'll fail, I'll want to give up, but then I'll try again. Who knows how many times that process will repeat itself.

But I won't quit. Thanks for reading and responding to my post. I appreciate your feedback.

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
... and every time it gets super dark or hard, someone you know will call you and say "We need to fill a position in my department, and I wanted to run it by you first...."

I got one of those on Friday and again last night. It's like the universe knows that I'm getting tired.
I actually start a new job next week. My current job stresses me out, wears me out physically/mentally, and leaves me unable to do anything productive for 8.5 hours. So I'm ditching that job and taking on a new job that won't wear me out as much and will have me in front of a computer for 9 hours instead of running around outside so I can use my down time to work toward my ultimate goals.

At this point I'm trying to view my job as another tool to get me to where I need/want to be in the future. A tool I won't always need.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I once saw MJ say that if you do what you've been doing you will get what you've been getting. I think we can both agree that your past actions have led you up to this moment in your life. I know, because I have hit rock bottom before, too. During that time, I was fortunate enough to have this forum. Fortunate, because - until a few years ago - I didn't have anyone in my life that could understood "the struggle" of a young hustler trying to "make it." To make things especially bad, I spent most of the past six years dealing with some of the most insane drama you could imagine.

I say all of this to say that I don't just know what you're going through, I understand what you're going through, because I have felt the same pain, the same unsatisfied spiritual hunger for greatness (which you could define simply as providing abundantly for your family and loved ones) and pangs of disappointment in yourself.

It's all your fault, man, because of the actions you've taken in your life, because of the decisions you've made. You obviously have not spent enough (any?) time having what I call "profitable conversations."

A "potentially profitable conversation" (or, "PPC" for short) is a conversation between you and somebody that might buy something that you're trying to sell them. Not every potentially profitable conversation (PPC) will be profitable; some of the people you talk to will not buy from you. If you have a proven sales process that works, and you learn and follow this process, then your success is guaranteed - it's simply a logical end result, a natural and unavoidable effect that you caused by having the right conversations with the right people.

In other words, you need to sell something. No company in existence today earns revenue without sales. The only way that you're going to earn revenue (i.e. money for yourself) is through sales.

Sounds like you need to make money - fast.

Sales = money.

So find something to sell. Now.

The more expensive the product or service you sell, the more money you will likely make.

Find something to sell with a proven and fast sales cycle.

7 - 30 business days to close a deal means that you would get your first sale in March, and get a payday in April or May. If you're smart, you'll grind hard, build up a pipeline, and then you'll be expecting a rainstorm of checks throughout the year.

Or, you could read this post, "like" it - and then ignore it and stay broke.

They say "coffee" is for closers, and they may be true. But you know what's only for closers, and something that only closers get?

Checks. Deposits. Money. Cash.

Yup, that's right. Stacks and racks are for closers only.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Every once in while you post something really good. Nice job :)
I once saw MJ say that if you do what you've been doing you will get what you've been getting. I think we can both agree that your past actions have led you up to this moment in your life. I know, because I have hit rock bottom before, too. During that time, I was fortunate enough to have this forum. Fortunate, because - until a few years ago - I didn't have anyone in my life that could understood "the struggle" of a young hustler trying to "make it." To make things especially bad, I spent most of the past six years dealing with some of the most insane drama you could imagine.

I say all of this to say that I don't just know what you're going through, I understand what you're going through, because I have felt the same pain, the same unsatisfied spiritual hunger for greatness (which you could define simply as providing abundantly for your family and loved ones) and pangs of disappointment in yourself.

It's all your fault, man, because of the actions you've taken in your life, because of the decisions you've made. You obviously have not spent enough (any?) time having what I call "profitable conversations."

A "potentially profitable conversation" (or, "PPC" for short) is a conversation between you and somebody that might buy something that you're trying to sell them. Not every potentially profitable conversation (PPC) will be profitable; some of the people you talk to will not buy from you. If you have a proven sales process that works, and you learn and follow this process, then your success is guaranteed - it's simply a logical end result, a natural and unavoidable effect that you caused by having the right conversations with the right people.

In other words, you need to sell something. No company in existence today earns revenue without sales. The only way that you're going to earn revenue (i.e. money for yourself) is through sales.

Sales = money.

The more expensive the product or service you sell, the more money you will likely make.

7 - 30 business days to close a deal means that you would get your first sale in March, and get a payday in April or May. If you're smart, you'll grind hard, build up a pipeline, and then you'll be expecting a rainstorm of checks throughout the year.

They say "coffee" is for closers, and they may be true. But you know what's only for closers, and something that only closers get?

AnAverageJoe

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC

Sales = money.

Thank you for this. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out for me.

Time to sell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...