• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

RANT 2nd Surgery, Off-work, Bills Due

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Royce2, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Royce2

Royce2 y'all need jesus I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $980
    Hello everybody,

The purpose of this post is to let off some steam, put my worries and frustration on digital paper and take a step back, breath in and keep going. Also, to hear some valuable advice from you guys who I'm sure were stuck in similar downtrends.

My situation in life at the moment:

So I just had my second surgery today(1/14/19)on my left knee of an ACL reconstruction, Meniscal tear, and some bone chip thing that does not allow me to put any pressure on my knee for 6 weeks and full recovery 6-8 months. AKA I can't work
    Bills are due, my wife works and gets paid but she will have to take care of all of us and work at the same time. She jokingly says that she is now a single mother with 3 kids(including me) and a dog.

However, we both are worried as to how we will pay the bills and keep our sanity. I am a very positive guy most of the time and I never let myself to excuses and try to make the best use of any situation. Naturally being a believer in God allows me to worry 10x less and complain 10x less. But this time I'm stuck. I have this drive and passion to start making money online, but I am very easily getting distracted by all the things that are going on.

What I am currently doing to try and make money
    - Using my time to go through an accelerated bachelors in computer program science to learn to code.
    - Finding ways I can use my knowledge based skill and offer a service to sell
    - Buying and Selling stuff
    - Applied for "workers disability" in November and waiting for response in march

Hope your day is better than mine,
    -Royce

Daniel A, luniac, Saavik and 2 others like this.
  2. Supa

Supa Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream. Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,069
    I know it's not worth much and that it doesn't help you, but still, I wish you and your family the best and the strength to fight through this tough situation as a team.

luniac, minivanman and Royce2 like this.
  3. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,159
    Get an office job and you can work, preferably close to home something sitting at a desk.

4. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,023
    Hi @Royce2

You know this is just a hurdle like any other and you and your family will come out the other end just as strong as before. If your avatar is a pic of your dog I'm very jealous, I had a Rotti for 8 years and still miss her.

So turn the tables. You have 6 full weeks of deep work you can do and probably at least a few more months there after. Make the most of every second. Don't consider it a distraction and a hindrance but an opportunity to create a business unhindered by having to go out to work.

Why? What's wrong with getting someone else to code? What's your highest level value as an entrepreneur? Finding a pain point and putting all the pieces into place to fill that need. If it is going to take significant time and effort into learning how to do a task then you should delegate it to someone who will do it much better and in a fraction of the time.

My advice - Stop feeling sorry for yourself (you have this golden opportunity). Start brainstorming ideas that you can bootstrap quickly. Find one and focus all your attention on it.

STAY FOCUSED - FOLLOW THROUGH ;)

Bekit, Kruiser, Timmy C and 1 other person like this.
  5. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,023
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    lowtek, Royce2, Jello and 1 other person like this.
  6. Royce2

Rep Bank:
    $980
    No I don't have a rottie :sadface: thats my dream dog and royce is what I'm going to name him. we have a golden doodle puppy for my wife to help her go through hyper-thyroid treatment

This is exactly my plan and I am so glad you said that again. I need to set 6 week goals and crush them!
    This path is honestly not too time consuming. I quickly learn the content and take competency tests and pass them, and when I do I get my credits and move on. I want to spend a lot of time in the computer science industry possibly for the rest of my life. And I see it as a forced method of learning.
    Thanks razor you truly care. I was feeling sorry for myself and you were right. Time to make a move.

Timmy C, Jello, Bekit and 1 other person like this.
  7. Royce2

Rep Bank:
    $980
    Yea I'm looking at some job postings right now for office work. Thanks for the advice!

Timmy C likes this.
  8. minivanman

minivanman Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,828
    And on a related note, pay your rent, food and house bills. If you have any credit cards or anything like that, put them off until you are back to work. The main goal is to take care of the family, not credit companies right now.

If the credit companies call bitching just tell them this.... I put all the bills in a hat. At the end of the month I draw 1 piece of paper from the hat. You keep running your mouth and you won't even get put in the hat next month.

Get Right, lowtek, Jello and 4 others like this.
  9. Timmy C

Timmy C I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,159
    I was in a similar situation only last year, no year before that! Man time flys i only paid bills absolutely necessary to keep a roof over my head heck I used what money I had to pay 2 month's rent in one hit which was basically all I had apart from food money. Maybe even get a part time desk job would be the go and as razor cut said good opportunity you have ATM.

RazorCut likes this.
  10. Neng Her

Neng Her Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25
    Can you walk? If you need extra funds just go source at the Thrift store and yard/garage sales and start listing on Ebay. I can provide you some brands and stuff to help you start out.

11. Royce2

Rep Bank:
    $980
    I'm on crutches for 6 weeks. That is definitely up my isle of work at the moment though. I recently bought a maxed out surface book for $650 and put a dbrand skin on it and can easily sell it for $1000 but I listed it for $1,200 as I look for more deals. And I would love the help with any brand names or anything common in the thrift area thanks for the help!

Timmy C, Jello and Neng Her like this.
  12. Neng Her

Neng Her Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $25
    Nice! I try to stay away from electronics unless I am selling it for parts because I am not educated in them. Also they have a higher chance of failure comparing to things like toys (Hot Wheels, stuffed animals, you name it) equals a higher chance of return. Not saying electronics will always fail but that's how I am doing it. I will send you a message with lists of brand so you can expand your store.

PS: I got these from doing online research and other resellers. Credits to them including raikenprofit, rockstarflipper, purehustlepodcast, and much much more. #EBAY

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.