The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2nd Surgery, Off-work, Bills Due

Anything related to matters of the mind

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Hello everybody,

The purpose of this post is to let off some steam, put my worries and frustration on digital paper and take a step back, breath in and keep going. Also, to hear some valuable advice from you guys who I'm sure were stuck in similar downtrends.

My situation in life at the moment:

So I just had my second surgery today(1/14/19)on my left knee of an ACL reconstruction, Meniscal tear, and some bone chip thing that does not allow me to put any pressure on my knee for 6 weeks and full recovery 6-8 months. AKA I can't work
Bills are due, my wife works and gets paid but she will have to take care of all of us and work at the same time. She jokingly says that she is now a single mother with 3 kids(including me) and a dog.

However, we both are worried as to how we will pay the bills and keep our sanity. I am a very positive guy most of the time and I never let myself to excuses and try to make the best use of any situation. Naturally being a believer in God allows me to worry 10x less and complain 10x less. But this time I'm stuck. I have this drive and passion to start making money online, but I am very easily getting distracted by all the things that are going on.

What I am currently doing to try and make money
- Using my time to go through an accelerated bachelors in computer program science to learn to code.
- Finding ways I can use my knowledge based skill and offer a service to sell
- Buying and Selling stuff
- Applied for "workers disability" in November and waiting for response in march

Hope your day is better than mine,
-Royce

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I know it's not worth much and that it doesn't help you, but still, I wish you and your family the best and the strength to fight through this tough situation as a team.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hello everybody,

The purpose of this post is to let off some steam, put my worries and frustration on digital paper and take a step back, breath in and keep going. Also, to hear some valuable advice from you guys who I'm sure were stuck in similar downtrends.

My situation in life at the moment:

So I just had my second surgery today(1/14/19)on my left knee of an ACL reconstruction, Meniscal tear, and some bone chip thing that does not allow me to put any pressure on my knee for 6 weeks and full recovery 6-8 months. AKA I can't work
Bills are due, my wife works and gets paid but she will have to take care of all of us and work at the same time. She jokingly says that she is now a single mother with 3 kids(including me) and a dog.

However, we both are worried as to how we will pay the bills and keep our sanity. I am a very positive guy most of the time and I never let myself to excuses and try to make the best use of any situation. Naturally being a believer in God allows me to worry 10x less and complain 10x less. But this time I'm stuck. I have this drive and passion to start making money online, but I am very easily getting distracted by all the things that are going on.

What I am currently doing to try and make money
- Using my time to go through an accelerated bachelors in computer program science to learn to code.
- Finding ways I can use my knowledge based skill and offer a service to sell
- Buying and Selling stuff
- Applied for "workers disability" in November and waiting for response in march

Hope your day is better than mine,
-Royce

Get an office job and you can work, preferably close to home something sitting at a desk.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hi @Royce2

You know this is just a hurdle like any other and you and your family will come out the other end just as strong as before. If your avatar is a pic of your dog I'm very jealous, I had a Rotti for 8 years and still miss her.

So turn the tables. You have 6 full weeks of deep work you can do and probably at least a few more months there after. Make the most of every second. Don't consider it a distraction and a hindrance but an opportunity to create a business unhindered by having to go out to work.

Why? What's wrong with getting someone else to code? What's your highest level value as an entrepreneur? Finding a pain point and putting all the pieces into place to fill that need. If it is going to take significant time and effort into learning how to do a task then you should delegate it to someone who will do it much better and in a fraction of the time.

My advice - Stop feeling sorry for yourself (you have this golden opportunity). Start brainstorming ideas that you can bootstrap quickly. Find one and focus all your attention on it.

STAY FOCUSED - FOLLOW THROUGH ;)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Last edited:

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
If your avatar is a pic of your dog I'm very jealous, I had a Rotti for 8 years and still miss her.
No I don't have a rottie :sadface: thats my dream dog and royce is what I'm going to name him. we have a golden doodle puppy for my wife to help her go through hyper-thyroid treatment

So turn the tables. You have 6 full weeks of deep work you can do and probably at least a few more months there after. Make the most of every second. Don't consider it a distraction and a hindrance but an opportunity to create a business unhindered by having to go out to work.
This is exactly my plan and I am so glad you said that again. I need to set 6 week goals and crush them!
Why? What's wrong with getting someone else to code? What's your highest level value as an entrepreneur? Finding a pain point and putting all the pieces into place to fill that need. If it is going to take significant time and effort into learning how to do a task then you should delegate it to someone who will do it much better and in a fraction of the time.
This path is honestly not too time consuming. I quickly learn the content and take competency tests and pass them, and when I do I get my credits and move on. I want to spend a lot of time in the computer science industry possibly for the rest of my life. And I see it as a forced method of learning.
My advice - Stop feeling sorry for yourself (you have this golden opportunity). Start brainstorming ideas that you can bootstrap quickly. Find one and focus all your attention on it.

STAY FOCUSED - FOLLOW THROUGH ;)
Thanks razor you truly care. I was feeling sorry for myself and you were right. Time to make a move.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Get an office job and you can work, preferably close to home something sitting at a desk.
Yea I'm looking at some job postings right now for office work. Thanks for the advice!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
And on a related note, pay your rent, food and house bills. If you have any credit cards or anything like that, put them off until you are back to work. The main goal is to take care of the family, not credit companies right now.

If the credit companies call bitching just tell them this.... I put all the bills in a hat. At the end of the month I draw 1 piece of paper from the hat. You keep running your mouth and you won't even get put in the hat next month.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I was in a similar situation only last year, no year before that! Man time flys i only paid bills absolutely necessary to keep a roof over my head heck I used what money I had to pay 2 month's rent in one hit which was basically all I had apart from food money. Maybe even get a part time desk job would be the go and as razor cut said good opportunity you have ATM.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Can you walk? If you need extra funds just go source at the Thrift store and yard/garage sales and start listing on Ebay. I can provide you some brands and stuff to help you start out.

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
Can you walk? If you need extra funds just go source at the Thrift store and yard/garage sales and start listing on Ebay. I can provide you some brands and stuff to help you start out.
I'm on crutches for 6 weeks. That is definitely up my isle of work at the moment though. I recently bought a maxed out surface book for $650 and put a dbrand skin on it and can easily sell it for $1000 but I listed it for $1,200 as I look for more deals. And I would love the help with any brand names or anything common in the thrift area thanks for the help!

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
I'm on crutches for 6 weeks. That is definitely up my isle of work at the moment though. I recently bought a maxed out surface book for $650 and put a dbrand skin on it and can easily sell it for $1000 but I listed it for $1,200 as I look for more deals. And I would love the help with any brand names or anything common in the thrift area thanks for the help!

Nice! I try to stay away from electronics unless I am selling it for parts because I am not educated in them. Also they have a higher chance of failure comparing to things like toys (Hot Wheels, stuffed animals, you name it) equals a higher chance of return. Not saying electronics will always fail but that's how I am doing it. I will send you a message with lists of brand so you can expand your store.

PS: I got these from doing online research and other resellers. Credits to them including raikenprofit, rockstarflipper, purehustlepodcast, and much much more. #EBAY

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.