The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

21 Years Old , $7K + Cashflow Business - How I kicked my a$$ into gear after years of action faking

seaten69

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jul 4, 2020
nepal
Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on this forum.

Hey guys, I'm Xolorr. I'm 21 Y/O from South Africa, and here's my story of how I kicked my a$$ into gear, finally started making some bread, and have some actionable advice that won't be fun but has helped me go from a broke-a$$ 21 y/o to now having $7k pm in MRR.

---

Backstory:

So, if you go back in my profile it'll be a picture-perfect display of action faking. I first found out about MJ and TMF when I was like 16/17, and I was hooked. What followed was years of mental masturbation and "attempts" at businesses. Looking back I'm disgusted to even call those attempts, and are more indicative of a millennial who's grown up on social media's expectations of overnight success, even though back then I swore I was working hard and "hustling".

Such is life, and I'll probably look back on this time in my life being like "wtf was I doing" in a couple of months.

If you don't feel slightly embarrassed/cringe about your past, you aren't growing.

(Not trying to act all high and mighty or as if I'm a millionaire, because I'm far from that lambo, but progress is still progress)

ANYWAYS, let's dive into what you all came for!

How did a broke-a$$ 21 Year old who had $35 in his bank account get to now having a business cash flowing $7k?

It's a long story, and I know that if I try to explain it all, it'll turn into a mini-book. But here's the gist of it.

I blame it all on grit and most importantly, an FTE.

You see, I've been reading and learning about business since I was like 16. I don't know why, but I've always had the surety that I would "make it". Ever since around 15 - 16 I realized school was BS, and I had to make it on my own if I wanted to personally be happy.

That being said, I grew up with bubble wrap. Middle class family, born into complacency in a small town, with no real hardships growing up. Yeah life was a rollercoaster and I have my fair share of childhood trauma, but there was always food on the table, and I lived in complacency. Never really had to work for anything, and kinda just had comfortable life in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

As soon as I turned 18 I wanted to leave, and after highschool I took the normal route of going to uni, except all I did was move to a uni-town, and study online.

I barely touched my books, and tbh had no clue what I was doing with my life. I'd spend all-day on TMF reading and rereading threads like this, and convincing myself I was taking action when truly I was just taking 2 weeks to build a terrible dropship Shopify store, buy an IG shoutout, and quit at the first signs of it not working. I convinced myself I was "taking actions", when tbh I was borderline depressed and lost.

From there I started freelancing photo and video, with whatever jobs came my way, and not actually going out trying to find my clients.

I had a lot of fun and crazy experiences in photo/video, but never earnt more than a couple of hundred bucks per job.

This brings me to the first biggest lesson:

Who you surround yourself with matters.

My roommates would go to uni, eat McDonald's, get drunk, and talk about girls they'd seen on Instagram all day. Compared to them, I was killing it making my $2000 per month off of random freelance gigs.

Things changed completely when I got a friend who "forced" me to start working out. I taught him about photo and video, and he'd train me, which is where everything started to click, and it was the first time I'd worked hard at something over multiple months as opposed to a couple weeks. The simple act of working out nearly every single day and the delay of seeing the results suddenly made me understand business, and how you aren't meant to see results for the first couple months.

After this, my video work started to take off and life improved. I quit drinking, started spending a load of time outdoors and really just feeling happy and passionate, but I definitely didn't have a business or any sustainable income.

Then I found the thread on here about a digital marketing agency, and decided thats what I was going to do.

Months went by of little to no work.

Making the perfect logo
Making the perfect website (Multiple times)
Building slideshow pitch decks

(None of which move the needle at all)

And time just carried on going by.

Then this year things started to change.

My family started to hit some financial struggle, and I saw the effect that it had on them

I made a load of money (at least what I thought at the time) by filming music festivals in the summer (December), but it made my lose my passion for videography and made me hate being treated with a lack of respect. I filmed 13 music festivals in one month, from 3pm to 3am, and finished the edits the next day every time. I slept in some crazy places, on friends couches, in my car, wherever I would find myself in the early hours of the morning, and at the New Years Eve festival, I vowed that it would be the last time I filmed out of necessity for money.

That's when I met my "mentor", who's now one of my best friends.

He had a youtube channel and he was visiting South Africa, and I sent a crazy DM offering to film his videos for him.

Somehow, it worked out.

For the first 5 months of this year, I worked myself to the grindstone.

Outreach during the day for Facebook advertising, in the evenings I would edit whatever I filmed that day and manage the channel.

I didn't get paid a cent, but he let me live with him and covered my food, so I was rent and grocery free for 5 month.

Nothing seemed to be working, and by March I had burnt through all of my savings, and had a whopping $35 in my bank account.

My Instagram made me look like a king from my video work (Trips to Dubai, Greece, Italy, Massive Parties, Jetskis, Etc.) because it was all a part of the job I was doing.

But I was broke asf.

That's when I believe my mental game finally switched on, and when it came to outreach I was on another level.

I would record 10 - 20 videos auditing companies every day, and send them out trying to get meetings, and finally one budged.

I signed my first client in April for $750 + 15% of the return from ads.

And after that, everything had clicked, and my next 2 clients came in like clockwork, taking me swiftly to a reoccurring income of $4000 per month.

More money than I'd ever seen in my life.

And that brings us to today, where I'm managing 5 client accounts (it was six but one dropped after a month because of a silver bullet 20ROAS expectation) and I have 3 deals in the pipeline.

Okay, your stories kinda cool, but tell me how to make money.

Well, I can't.

I'm but a guppy in this wild ocean of entrepreneurship, and there are much better sources than me who have given all of their secrets out on this forum.

You have it all in front of you.

BUT!

What I will do is give you some very practical advice on what has helped me!

#1) Trim the fat.

I don't mean go work out (Even though I should be). What I mean is trim the fat on your time.

Distractions and timesucks are what hold you back the most.

Do yourself a favour and check your screentime on your phone, and audit this CONSISTENTLY.

Hours are stolen by that little infinity box every day and you don't even realize it.

Unless you're crazy famous or an influencer, delete Instagram.

This will do WONDERS for your mental health and wellbeing, and I think everyone should do it.

It literally brings ZERO value to your life, whatsoever.

If you're so addicted that you can't be without it, check it on your computer. It's a much less enjoyable experience on your computer for some reason, and you'll spend ridiculously less time on it.

Same goes for TikTok!!!

I won't rant about this because we'd be here for days, but IMO it's the most brainwashing invention on earth, and it's turning people into zombies with a 2-second attention span.

#2) Prioritize sleep and get out of bed.

The days of "I'll sleep when I'm dead" and "Hustle 24/7" are gone. Save those for the meme pages.

You're a lot more emotionally stable, high energy, and effective when you sleep properly. It should be prioritized above all else.

Get 7 - 9 hours of sleep a night, and wake up at the same time every day.

Like hitting the snooze button? Create a system to stop it.

Download alarms or military alarm, and set it so you have to scan a barcode in your kitchen or do some physical activity to turn off the alarm.

This will work wonders in stopping the fight against yourself.

While you're at it, buy a cheap second-hand phone just for your alarm app of choice and music/podcasts. That way you're disconnected from mainstream BS until you finish your morning work. My main phone doesn't get turned on until 13:00 when I just have calls for the rest of the day.

You can get more done in a morning deep work block than most people can in an entire week if you get rid of distractions.

#3) Get a high-value skill and sell it

I'm not writing about making a new invention, coding, real estate, or anything like that because I've never done it, and to add to that, it takes capital.

My goal has always been to get a cashflow business running on autopilot, and then self-fund more scaleable ventures from there.

IMO the best way to start from zero is to learn a high-value skill, sell that skill, and then hire to do fulfilment.

This doesn't mean that you don't know how to produce the results, but it frees up time from delivering work for clients and being a freelancer, to be able to keep prioritizing sales and allows you to scale to a certain extent.

#4) The internet is the great equalizer

This one goes out to all my third world homies reading this.

YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OVER EVERYONE IN THE STATES AND YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT.

You might think I'm crazy, but let's do a little maths here.

Off a google search that probably has very sketchy data, the average monthly costs for a single person in the US is $2,643.

I believe it's higher, especially in big cities. I mean, rent in LA is like $2k for a one-bedroom.

I'm currently writing this from a prime position, modern two-bedroom apartment in Cape Town, that costs me less than $900 a month, and this is me being extra and flexing my money.

If you're in a third world country or anywhere where your cost of living is low, imagine how well you could live on $2000 per month?!

You'll be spending less than the average American, and probably having 2-3X the quality of life.

SO DO BUSINESS WITH AMERICANS!!

With the internet, nothing is stopping you.

All of my clients are US based, and pay 3X more than what I would get working with local brands, FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK?!

Why would you not want to get paid 3X for the same time and effort?

Leverage your low cost of living to enjoy life while being frugal (in the eyes of the US).

#5 Quality & Quantity

This applies specifically to sales based models and getting it off the ground, but in today's day and age copying and pasting a "good cold email script" off of Google isn't going to get you anywhere.

People are getting hit up more than ever, and you need to go above and beyond to get even a modest attempt to client ratio.

With the system I use, I expect a 6% attempt to meeting ratio, and I understand that if I send out 100 outreaches in a month, I can sign 1 - 2 clients per month, at around a $1000 - $3000 MRR and a minimum of a 3-month contract.

In the beginning, all of your time should be spent on finding and getting in contact with prospects.

---

Whatever you're doing now, if you don't have an income stream you can create one with zero capital, and whatever device you're reading this on.

Some good examples:
- Digital Marketing (Getting saturated, I'm already planning on what to do if Facebook ads were to go belly up)
- Copywriting
- Email Marketing
- Photo/video
- Web Design

-----

I hope this all made sense, it's right before bed and I wrote this all off the top of my head.

As I mentioned, $7k per month really isn't a lot compared to the big dogs, but I'm glad that I'm able to save around 50% of that every month while living an extremely comfortable life, and the next steps are scaling this to $30k per month, and using my resources and skills to create new income streams which have more leverage and potential.

@Xolorr did you go to college?

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Heyyyyyo fastlane fam.

It’s been a while, so I thought I would give ya’ll an update on what’s happening as well as a bit of insight/advice I would tell myself from 6 months ago.

Update:

Signed on 2 new clients at $2500 pm, so that’s another $5k pm profit. Not crazy growth, but it’s cool!

@ $12k pm rev, around $9k profit depending on how dumb I am with my spending. (I’ve made some real stupid purchases testing ideas, some worked some didn’t)

Results are going well for our current clients, starting to scale up spends, prepare for Q4, etc.

Had issues with one client, but we’re fighting through it. We’re struggling to get them profitable, and I’m starting to get hands on in other parts of their business to get through this. Even though the results aren’t there, they love us and have made it very clear we’ll be working together through into 2021. Why? Because we’re not lying or shifting blame with results, we’re finding their problems, being very vocal about them, and planning / helping them overcome them, even if it’s outside the scope of our deliverables.

Another massive opportunity has popped up partnering with an established retailer to launch their D2C side. They're doing 6 figures + pm in retail with no online presence, and I've managed to strike up a 20% rev share deal (total online rev, not just FB ads) for the next 6 months to launch and run their online side, and potentially get equity.

I was sitting in an Uber earlier & thinking what would I tell myself 6 months ago to REALLY level up?

And I came to the conclusion that it would be this:

Set a money-making routine, straight away.

What’s a money-making routine?

It means the 1 - 3 things you can do before 12 that ensure you’re growing your business and getting your hands on some more $$$’s.

This should be your main priority, and tasks that actually drive revenue. Now the point of this isn’t to be doing the same stuff over and over again, but rather spend this time building the system which you can automate and outsource, then you move on to the next piece of the puzzle.

If you keep doing the same work over and over again you’ll just become a hamster sprinting on a wheel and you’ll burn out.

Figure out how to do it, test it until you’re happy with the consistent results, outsource.

So how does this work in my situation?

Currently, if I don’t do any cold outreach I won’t get more clients, simple as that. So I spent the last few weeks building a solid outreach system by trial and error myself, and now I’ve just hired a VA @ $5 an hour to do most of the manual work.

Now my focus is tweaking this the point where it can run without me and I can book meetings on autopilot.

Build the system, then remove yourself from the system.

That's all for today, I'll try keep these coming.

Adios

Royal Function

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Oct 25, 2020
Heyyyyyo fastlane fam.

It’s been a while, so I thought I would give ya’ll an update on what’s happening as well as a bit of insight/advice I would tell myself from 6 months ago.

Update:

Signed on 2 new clients at $2500 pm, so that’s another $5k pm profit. Not crazy growth, but it’s cool!

@ $12k pm rev, around $9k profit depending on how dumb I am with my spending. (I’ve made some real stupid purchases testing ideas, some worked some didn’t)

Results are going well for our current clients, starting to scale up spends, prepare for Q4, etc.

Had issues with one client, but we’re fighting through it. We’re struggling to get them profitable, and I’m starting to get hands on in other parts of their business to get through this. Even though the results aren’t there, they love us and have made it very clear we’ll be working together through into 2021. Why? Because we’re not lying or shifting blame with results, we’re finding their problems, being very vocal about them, and planning / helping them overcome them, even if it’s outside the scope of our deliverables.

Another massive opportunity has popped up partnering with an established retailer to launch their D2C side. They're doing 6 figures + pm in retail with no online presence, and I've managed to strike up a 20% rev share deal (total online rev, not just FB ads) for the next 6 months to launch and run their online side, and potentially get equity.

I was sitting in an Uber earlier & thinking what would I tell myself 6 months ago to REALLY level up?

And I came to the conclusion that it would be this:

Set a money-making routine, straight away.

What’s a money-making routine?

It means the 1 - 3 things you can do before 12 that ensure you’re growing your business and getting your hands on some more $$$’s.

This should be your main priority, and tasks that actually drive revenue. Now the point of this isn’t to be doing the same stuff over and over again, but rather spend this time building the system which you can automate and outsource, then you move on to the next piece of the puzzle.

If you keep doing the same work over and over again you’ll just become a hamster sprinting on a wheel and you’ll burn out.

Figure out how to do it, test it until you’re happy with the consistent results, outsource.

So how does this work in my situation?

Currently, if I don’t do any cold outreach I won’t get more clients, simple as that. So I spent the last few weeks building a solid outreach system by trial and error myself, and now I’ve just hired a VA @ $5 an hour to do most of the manual work.

Now my focus is tweaking this the point where it can run without me and I can book meetings on autopilot.

Build the system, then remove yourself from the system.

That's all for today, I'll try keep these coming.

Adios
Sounds good.
Is your prospecting all outbound for now via cold outreach? Have you tried any inbound strategies and found them effective?

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Sounds good.
Is your prospecting all outbound for now via cold outreach? Have you tried any inbound strategies and found them effective?
I've just finished systemizing and outsourcing outbound, and I'm about to turn my head towards inbound & branding these next few weeks. Will keep you updated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaxT

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 22, 2020
France
Congrats !! :)

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Great read. A lot of meat in here, especially for newer folks, but even seasoned pros should pick up a tip or three.

Threads like this make FLF worth coming back to. Congrats on your progress, I look forward to your continued success.

JorgeInmortal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 17, 2020

Hey guys, I'm Xolorr. I'm 21 Y/O from South Africa, and here's my story of how I kicked my a$$ into gear, finally started making some bread, and have some actionable advice that won't be fun but has helped me go from a broke-a$$ 21 y/o to now having $7k pm in MRR.

---

Backstory:

So, if you go back in my profile it'll be a picture-perfect display of action faking. I first found out about MJ and TMF when I was like 16/17, and I was hooked. What followed was years of mental masturbation and "attempts" at businesses. Looking back I'm disgusted to even call those attempts, and are more indicative of a millennial who's grown up on social media's expectations of overnight success, even though back then I swore I was working hard and "hustling".

Such is life, and I'll probably look back on this time in my life being like "wtf was I doing" in a couple of months.

If you don't feel slightly embarrassed/cringe about your past, you aren't growing.

(Not trying to act all high and mighty or as if I'm a millionaire, because I'm far from that lambo, but progress is still progress)

How did a broke-a$$ 21 Year old who had $35 in his bank account get to now having a business cash flowing $7k?

It's a long story, and I know that if I try to explain it all, it'll turn into a mini-book. But here's the gist of it.

You see, I've been reading and learning about business since I was like 16. I don't know why, but I've always had the surety that I would "make it". Ever since around 15 - 16 I realized school was BS, and I had to make it on my own if I wanted to personally be happy.

That being said, I grew up with bubble wrap. Middle class family, born into complacency in a small town, with no real hardships growing up. Yeah life was a rollercoaster and I have my fair share of childhood trauma, but there was always food on the table, and I lived in complacency. Never really had to work for anything, and kinda just had comfortable life in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

As soon as I turned 18 I wanted to leave, and after highschool I took the normal route of going to uni, except all I did was move to a uni-town, and study online.

I barely touched my books, and tbh had no clue what I was doing with my life. I'd spend all-day on TMF reading and rereading threads like this, and convincing myself I was taking action when truly I was just taking 2 weeks to build a terrible dropship Shopify store, buy an IG shoutout, and quit at the first signs of it not working. I convinced myself I was "taking actions", when tbh I was borderline depressed and lost.

From there I started freelancing photo and video, with whatever jobs came my way, and not actually going out trying to find my clients.

I had a lot of fun and crazy experiences in photo/video, but never earnt more than a couple of hundred bucks per job.

My roommates would go to uni, eat McDonald's, get drunk, and talk about girls they'd seen on Instagram all day. Compared to them, I was killing it making my $2000 per month off of random freelance gigs.

Things changed completely when I got a friend who "forced" me to start working out. I taught him about photo and video, and he'd train me, which is where everything started to click, and it was the first time I'd worked hard at something over multiple months as opposed to a couple weeks. The simple act of working out nearly every single day and the delay of seeing the results suddenly made me understand business, and how you aren't meant to see results for the first couple months.

After this, my video work started to take off and life improved. I quit drinking, started spending a load of time outdoors and really just feeling happy and passionate, but I definitely didn't have a business or any sustainable income.

Then I found the thread on here about a digital marketing agency, and decided thats what I was going to do.

Making the perfect logo

My family started to hit some financial struggle, and I saw the effect that it had on them

I made a load of money (at least what I thought at the time) by filming music festivals in the summer (December), but it made my lose my passion for videography and made me hate being treated with a lack of respect. I filmed 13 music festivals in one month, from 3pm to 3am, and finished the edits the next day every time. I slept in some crazy places, on friends couches, in my car, wherever I would find myself in the early hours of the morning, and at the New Years Eve festival, I vowed that it would be the last time I filmed out of necessity for money.

He had a youtube channel and he was visiting South Africa, and I sent a crazy DM offering to film his videos for him.

Somehow, it worked out.

Outreach during the day for Facebook advertising, in the evenings I would edit whatever I filmed that day and manage the channel.

I didn't get paid a cent, but he let me live with him and covered my food, so I was rent and grocery free for 5 month.

Nothing seemed to be working, and by March I had burnt through all of my savings, and had a whopping $35 in my bank account.

My Instagram made me look like a king from my video work (Trips to Dubai, Greece, Italy, Massive Parties, Jetskis, Etc.) because it was all a part of the job I was doing.

But I was broke asf.

That's when I believe my mental game finally switched on, and when it came to outreach I was on another level.

I would record 10 - 20 videos auditing companies every day, and send them out trying to get meetings, and finally one budged.

And after that, everything had clicked, and my next 2 clients came in like clockwork, taking me swiftly to a reoccurring income of $4000 per month.

And that brings us to today, where I'm managing 5 client accounts (it was six but one dropped after a month because of a silver bullet 20ROAS expectation) and I have 3 deals in the pipeline.

Well, I can't.

I'm but a guppy in this wild ocean of entrepreneurship, and there are much better sources than me who have given all of their secrets out on this forum.

BUT!

#1) Trim the fat.

I don't mean go work out (Even though I should be). What I mean is trim the fat on your time.

Do yourself a favour and check your screentime on your phone, and audit this CONSISTENTLY.

Hours are stolen by that little infinity box every day and you don't even realize it.

This will do WONDERS for your mental health and wellbeing, and I think everyone should do it.

If you're so addicted that you can't be without it, check it on your computer. It's a much less enjoyable experience on your computer for some reason, and you'll spend ridiculously less time on it.

Same goes for TikTok!!!

I won't rant about this because we'd be here for days, but IMO it's the most brainwashing invention on earth, and it's turning people into zombies with a 2-second attention span.

The days of "I'll sleep when I'm dead" and "Hustle 24/7" are gone. Save those for the meme pages.

You're a lot more emotionally stable, high energy, and effective when you sleep properly. It should be prioritized above all else.

Download alarms or military alarm, and set it so you have to scan a barcode in your kitchen or do some physical activity to turn off the alarm.

While you're at it, buy a cheap second-hand phone just for your alarm app of choice and music/podcasts. That way you're disconnected from mainstream BS until you finish your morning work. My main phone doesn't get turned on until 13:00 when I just have calls for the rest of the day.

You can get more done in a morning deep work block than most people can in an entire week if you get rid of distractions.

I'm not writing about making a new invention, coding, real estate, or anything like that because I've never done it, and to add to that, it takes capital.

My goal has always been to get a cashflow business running on autopilot, and then self-fund more scaleable ventures from there.

IMO the best way to start from zero is to learn a high-value skill, sell that skill, and then hire to do fulfilment.

This doesn't mean that you don't know how to produce the results, but it frees up time from delivering work for clients and being a freelancer, to be able to keep prioritizing sales and allows you to scale to a certain extent.

YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OVER EVERYONE IN THE STATES AND YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT.

Off a google search that probably has very sketchy data, the average monthly costs for a single person in the US is $2,643.

I believe it's higher, especially in big cities. I mean, rent in LA is like $2k for a one-bedroom.

I'm currently writing this from a prime position, modern two-bedroom apartment in Cape Town, that costs me less than $900 a month, and this is me being extra and flexing my money.

If you're in a third world country or anywhere where your cost of living is low, imagine how well you could live on $2000 per month?!

You'll be spending less than the average American, and probably having 2-3X the quality of life.

All of my clients are US based, and pay 3X more than what I would get working with local brands, FOR THE SAME AMOUNT OF WORK?!

Leverage your low cost of living to enjoy life while being frugal (in the eyes of the US).

#5 Quality & Quantity

This applies specifically to sales based models and getting it off the ground, but in today's day and age copying and pasting a "good cold email script" off of Google isn't going to get you anywhere.

People are getting hit up more than ever, and you need to go above and beyond to get even a modest attempt to client ratio.

With the system I use, I expect a 6% attempt to meeting ratio, and I understand that if I send out 100 outreaches in a month, I can sign 1 - 2 clients per month, at around a $1000 - $3000 MRR and a minimum of a 3-month contract.

In the beginning, all of your time should be spent on finding and getting in contact with prospects.

---

Whatever you're doing now, if you don't have an income stream you can create one with zero capital, and whatever device you're reading this on.

Some good examples:
- Digital Marketing (Getting saturated, I'm already planning on what to do if Facebook ads were to go belly up)
- Copywriting
- Email Marketing
- Photo/video
- Web Design

-----

I hope this all made sense, it's right before bed and I wrote this all off the top of my head.

As I mentioned, $7k per month really isn't a lot compared to the big dogs, but I'm glad that I'm able to save around 50% of that every month while living an extremely comfortable life, and the next steps are scaling this to $30k per month, and using my resources and skills to create new income streams which have more leverage and potential.
Damn!! You just gave me an idea. I live in México and what you said about living expenses is 100% accurate. I now see I can serve american companies with my product. Looking forward to seeing your progress to 30k.

Jakelow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 23, 2021
Great Post,
The morning undistracted deep work block is something I will be trying from tomorrow!

Aryan 7835

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 30, 2020
Thank you!

The forums given me a lot, and looking back I realize that I was one of the people MJ was trying to show how to get the roses. (Damn I need to reread unscripted again!)

I hope this helps at least one person make that mental break through needed :)
Absolutely loved it!!!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

---

Backstory:

Making the perfect logo

Somehow, it worked out.

But I was broke asf.

Well, I can't.

BUT!

#1) Trim the fat.

Same goes for TikTok!!!

#5 Quality & Quantity

---

Some good examples:
- Copywriting
- Email Marketing
- Photo/video
- Web Design

-----

As I mentioned, $7k per month really isn't a lot compared to the big dogs, but I'm glad that I'm able to save around 50% of that every month while living an extremely comfortable life, and the next steps are scaling this to $30k per month, and using my resources and skills to create new income streams which have more leverage and potentia

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

---

Backstory:

Making the perfect logo

Somehow, it worked out.

But I was broke asf.

Well, I can't.

BUT!

#1) Trim the fat.

Same goes for TikTok!!!

#5 Quality & Quantity

---

Some good examples:
- Copywriting
- Email Marketing
- Photo/video
- Web Design

-----

Glad to hear your story, I'm 17 right now and I've started learning email marketing and seeing you share your story makes me feel like I can relate to your stage 1 of the story. Just glad to see this post that what I chose (email marketing and then later on copywriting etc) is not obsolete yet. Your story has motivated me and I hope this motivation is an enabler and not a therapy. Good luck in your future career. May God bless you. :)

Michael Ankrah

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 23, 2023
I've just finished systemizing and outsourcing outbound, and I'm about to turn my head towards inbound & branding these next few weeks. Will keep you updated!
Hey @Xolorr thanks for this wonderful thread man, and finally finally I now have a system that I can implement for my Web Design business I'm starting this year, I actually found out that a boat load of businesses in Africa especially Ghana where I live now got little to know web presence, or have very dull looking and have no real path for visitors to follow on their sites, and other than their posting once in a blue moon on their poorly followed socials, so that's what I will target so as to provide value for them. I've chosen the medical niche but a problem I'm finding is to get the decision makers information, like I took the whole of today and I still haven't found one decision maker information and to even find those decision makers before I start to look for their details is another subject on it's own.

So what I'm tryna say is that, if anyone know of a way or have figured out a way to do this, can they please stretch out a hand and help me please?
How's it going Pete?

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Let's start from the ground up...

I'm glad I started this thread and pieces are falling into place because to be honest, I've slipped the last month.

I think I worked so hard for the first 6 months of this year that I reached a mild burnout, and in all honesty, 24th of June to where I am now, I've let myself get complacent, thinking I'm some badass for earning way more than my friends, moving into a new crib, etc.

I got an email today from one of our clients stating that they want to end their time with us as they are under massive financial strain. It shocked me as we were getting profitable results for them and had an amazing relationship, and without going into detail their business has been hit hard by Covid and they're owed over $300k in unpaid invoices by companies who are bankrupt.

Luckily we're ending on very good terms, and he's said that he would love to write me a good testimonial and send any referrals he can.

His business was doing $8m a year pre covid, and when he signed with me (one of my first clients), he did $5k through his Shopify the previous month. I'm happy that I was able to get him to $20k this month, and I'm very understanding of the situation he's in because he's had the rug pulled out from underneath him.

In our contract, we also had a $2k performance bonus, so although I've just lost $1500 in retainers, I've just invoiced the $2k bonus, so effectively I won't feel the cashflow impacts until one months time. (While I'm finishing up this post the $2k just hit my PayPal)

Best believe this woke me up from my little slumber of complacency.

This is the little nudge I needed to get the fire burning again, and now I want to document my moves going forward towards $30kpm.

---

My mentor always said something to me which stuck:

"You don't have a business problem, you have a personal problem which is being reflected in your business"

So what's my personal problem?

In the interim of change from having a roommate who's a successful business owner to me living on my own, I've lost a lot of my foundational habits which the business is built on.

I've started neglecting sleep, spending more time with friends, prioritizing my health less, doing less outreach, etc.

Now it's time to build back up, so here's the plan of action:

- In bed by 22:00 every night Mon - Fri. I take Saturdays to chill, and Sundays for higher-level planning/tasks.

- Main phone turned off at 9pm, and turned back on only after my team call (13:00/14:00)

- Read over goals & plan every morning (I have my alarmy set to a barcode I have on my goals & intention doc)

- At least 5x video audits per day to new leads. I know I can do 10, but I want to start with baby steps

- Go above and beyond with my current clients to boost retention

- I've hired someone to help with outreach, on a pure commission basis, so across the company, we should be doing 50+ outreaches per week as a hygiene standard

As of now, these are the goals:

I've got a badass new website that's nearly done. I just need to write the copy & then my designer will wrap it all up, so I need to write up that copy this weekend.

There are 2 deals in the pipeline. One at $1k + 10% ROAS, another at $1500 + 10%. The $1500 one just emailed me and I aim to close on that next week.

My higher-level goal is to build a brand around ecom + marketing through a content-based blog. (I know you just threw up in your mouth reading that, but I've got a very different system to everything else out there, and I think this will shift the way I get me clients from my grinding my a$$ with outreaches to having 1000s of leads sitting in an email list. Won't give too much away on this, but it'll develop as we go.

For now, my biggest priority is creating the habit of daily outreach.

Peace

- Xolorr
Hey, wanted to ask. You talk about ROAS.. is this strictly Facebook ads? Was also wondering at what point you decided to turn in ads as I know ads are an amplifier to whatever systems you have in place.

Love the good work, you’re inspiring.

Keushei

Serial Entrepeneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Dec 31, 2022
United kingdom
Let's start from the ground up...

I'm glad I started this thread and pieces are falling into place because to be honest, I've slipped the last month.

I think I worked so hard for the first 6 months of this year that I reached a mild burnout, and in all honesty, 24th of June to where I am now, I've let myself get complacent, thinking I'm some badass for earning way more than my friends, moving into a new crib, etc.

I got an email today from one of our clients stating that they want to end their time with us as they are under massive financial strain. It shocked me as we were getting profitable results for them and had an amazing relationship, and without going into detail their business has been hit hard by Covid and they're owed over $300k in unpaid invoices by companies who are bankrupt.

Luckily we're ending on very good terms, and he's said that he would love to write me a good testimonial and send any referrals he can.

His business was doing $8m a year pre covid, and when he signed with me (one of my first clients), he did $5k through his Shopify the previous month. I'm happy that I was able to get him to $20k this month, and I'm very understanding of the situation he's in because he's had the rug pulled out from underneath him.

In our contract, we also had a $2k performance bonus, so although I've just lost $1500 in retainers, I've just invoiced the $2k bonus, so effectively I won't feel the cashflow impacts until one months time. (While I'm finishing up this post the $2k just hit my PayPal)

Best believe this woke me up from my little slumber of complacency.

This is the little nudge I needed to get the fire burning again, and now I want to document my moves going forward towards $30kpm.

---

My mentor always said something to me which stuck:

"You don't have a business problem, you have a personal problem which is being reflected in your business"

So what's my personal problem?

In the interim of change from having a roommate who's a successful business owner to me living on my own, I've lost a lot of my foundational habits which the business is built on.

I've started neglecting sleep, spending more time with friends, prioritizing my health less, doing less outreach, etc.

Now it's time to build back up, so here's the plan of action:

- In bed by 22:00 every night Mon - Fri. I take Saturdays to chill, and Sundays for higher-level planning/tasks.

- Main phone turned off at 9pm, and turned back on only after my team call (13:00/14:00)

- Read over goals & plan every morning (I have my alarmy set to a barcode I have on my goals & intention doc)

- At least 5x video audits per day to new leads. I know I can do 10, but I want to start with baby steps

- Go above and beyond with my current clients to boost retention

- I've hired someone to help with outreach, on a pure commission basis, so across the company, we should be doing 50+ outreaches per week as a hygiene standard

As of now, these are the goals:

I've got a badass new website that's nearly done. I just need to write the copy & then my designer will wrap it all up, so I need to write up that copy this weekend.

There are 2 deals in the pipeline. One at $1k + 10% ROAS, another at $1500 + 10%. The $1500 one just emailed me and I aim to close on that next week.

My higher-level goal is to build a brand around ecom + marketing through a content-based blog. (I know you just threw up in your mouth reading that, but I've got a very different system to everything else out there, and I think this will shift the way I get me clients from my grinding my a$$ with outreaches to having 1000s of leads sitting in an email list. Won't give too much away on this, but it'll develop as we go.

For now, my biggest priority is creating the habit of daily outreach.

Peace

- Xolorr
Hey, just wanted to ask about your ROAS? Is that strictly Fb ad spend? Also wanted to ask at what point you decided to switch ads on, as ads are really an amplifier to what ever system you have in place.

Love the good work you’ve been doing, inspiring

@Wise

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 21, 2022
Xolorr, I don't know why I'm just seeing your post,

Another Third World lad Inspiring a brother, Thumbs up from Ghana.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.