The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2020 upcoming crisis - what to do?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Hi everyone,

So, as you may know, since May 2019, the "inverted yield curve" phenomenon happened in the U.S. This means that the short-term rates became higher than the long-term rates in the U.S. This means the banks will now have issues to lend money to consumers because it becomes less profitable for them. Basically, inverted yield curve = crisis. There is a Twitter thread which explains the phenomenon a little more in details: View: https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1161766324642750465

So, the thing is, in May 2019, the U.S short-term rates became higher than the U.S long-term rates.
See OECD data:
_short-term rates: Interest rates - Short-term interest rates - OECD Data
_long-term rates: Interest rates - Long-term interest rates - OECD Data

According to Statista (Inverted Yield Curve: An Ominous Sign? | Coworking Spaces Grew More Than 1,000% In A Decade), on average, it takes 14 months between the inversion and the actual recession. So, there is a huge chance a violent recession happens worldwide in June-July 2020.

The question is not if the crisis will happen, but when.

So guys, what's your advice in order to get the best out of this situation? Where to put money and when?

Is it gold? The price of gold took a whopping 26% since January 2019 and it keeps rising, is it already too late?
Is it real-estate? If yes, when is the right time to buy? Is it too soon?
The stock market is likely to get hit in June-July 2020, so it is better to wait right now I guess?

Thanks!

P.S: I live in France, so characteristics of local U.S economies won't be useful for me. I need macro information :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I have a lot of money sitting aside to buy real estate and stocks when everything dips and gets cheap.

In addition, one of my main sources of income comes from teaching business owners how to get more customers and grow their profit. Once people stop spending and these business owners see a decrease in profits I plan to market even more aggressively.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Did you notice the buzz around General Electric's possible accounting scandal?

I always remember the wise Dr. Michael Burry saying (I'm paraphrasing), "one of the key indicators of an oncoming market crash is the significant increase in fraudulent activity in the financial sector"

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
2008 was an institutional crisis, a subprime ponzi scheme collapsed. No systemic changes were enforced. 2020 will be a currency crisis, the currency ponzi scheme will falter. Notice how now we have new subprime ponzi schemes just with new labels (nonprime), these are reload schemes which will not grow to the same size at the original.

These are the three most likely scenarios, Depending of if the elite can or will be able to continue the game:
-Total fiat implosion where the Doomsday Preppers with Physical Gold & Silver are best off. The precious metal is their money system in the rebuilding stage after the collapse. It will take at least 5 years for all the shit to sift out WROL. Some predict a 25 year great depression. Others predict an end to humanity because of abandoned nuclear power plant meltdowns & subsequent radioisotope release from majority of plants not built to contain failure.
-Hyperinflation of all fiat currencies, societal collapse & subsequent "solution" brought forth by elite, see below for most likely scenario.
-Adsorbtion of Imploded Fiat Currencies into SDRs / other elite-controlled fiat.

The elite have steered the financial system to its logical extreme (think about this), there are only a couple more degrees higher they can take this.

Last edited:

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Did you notice the buzz around General Electric's possible accounting scandal?

I always remember the wise Dr. Michael Burry saying (I'm paraphrasing), "one of the key indicators of an oncoming market crash is the significant increase in fraudulent activity in the financial sector"

Yes I saw this and yes, it smells bad

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
-Hyperinflation of all fiat currencies, societal collapse & subsequent "solution" brought forth by elite, see below for most likely scenario.

Based on what you say here, it might be a good idea to invest in crypto currencies then?

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
Based on what you say here, it might be a good idea to invest in crypto currencies then?

My advice:
Invest in Silver
it has many of the same characteristics as gold, has been treated like tin for hundreds of years, is indispensable in modern electronics and solar panels, and the Spot Price is currently $17 an ounce.
Its the only asset NOT in a bubble, and you can get it from coin shops, from eBay and Online dealers. It doesn’t have to be from a national mint or a numismatic strike; get generic .999 rounds & bars shipped to your house for low Premiums over spot. if you’re buying Physical Silver, start by getting the most metal for your money. On the day of this writing, $20 gets you a troy Ounce of a precious metal that Fastlaners in ancient Rome conducted business with.

Silver is Dirt Cheap in September 2019. Do yourself a favor, after you read this paragraph go buy yourself as many ounces as you can afford - today and every payday until you start hearing about Silver all over the news.

Without electricity nationwide, the supply chain breaks. It’s like a three legged table where Electricity, Fuel (our bodies and our machines) and Capital are the three legs. stop the supply flow of any one of those and modern civilization collapses. For example, if the power is out at the gas station the gas pumps won’t fill your tank, imagine a nationwide grid collapse.

Complex society is a giant juggling act, drop a few small, vanity balls (like wants) and the system can cope. Drop Electricty, Fuel, Food, or Capital [currency collapse] and our western civilization ends in a day.

The elite has the power through central banking to raise, lower, inflate, deflate, skyrocket, speed up, slow down, boom, bust, depress, crash or collapse economies the world over. They are not all powerful though, they can steer the masses but they can’t control. They can light the economy on fire, and steer the economic systems during the fire, but they can’t control the economic forest fire to the trillion.

Unless 2020 is treated like a capital market crisis (or something else one level up from an institutional crisis and one level down from a currency crisis). 2020 will be at best a second Great Depression and at worst a culling of the human race.

If the elite decide to bring on the Economy Demolishing Collapse, they could achive their dream of a One World Mark of The Beast Currency. It will be the single largest event in human history.

to answer your question, no crypto will be helpful in this situation. If you want to learn more, take a look at Chris Duane’s ‘TheGreatestTruthNeverTold‘ on YouTube.

Regardless, I am muscling towards my Unscription.

I do feel that the benevolent forces looking over humanity as part of our game here on earth will not let a full blown socio-economic system collapse happen because it would set us all back on our evolution as souls. The OP did ask for opinions, and I’ll end mine here.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
My advice:
Invest in Silver
it has many of the same characteristics as gold, has been treated like tin for hundreds of years, is indispensable in modern electronics and solar panels, and the Spot Price is currently $17 an ounce.
Its the only asset NOT in a bubble, and you can get it from coin shops, from eBay and Online dealers. It doesn’t have to be from a national mint or a numismatic strike; get generic .999 rounds & bars shipped to your house for low Premiums over spot. if you’re buying Physical Silver, start by getting the most metal for your money. On the day of this writing, $20 gets you a troy Ounce of a precious metal that Fastlaners in ancient Rome conducted business with.

Silver is Dirt Cheap in September 2019. Do yourself a favor, after you read this paragraph go buy yourself as many ounces as you can afford - today and every payday until you start hearing about Silver all over the news.

Without electricity nationwide, the supply chain breaks. It’s like a three legged table where Electricity, Fuel (our bodies and our machines) and Capital are the three legs. stop the supply flow of any one of those and modern civilization collapses. For example, if the power is out at the gas station the gas pumps won’t fill your tank, imagine a nationwide grid collapse.

Complex society is a giant juggling act, drop a few small, vanity balls (like wants) and the system can cope. Drop Electricty, Fuel, Food, or Capital [currency collapse] and our western civilization ends in a day.

The elite has the power through central banking to raise, lower, inflate, deflate, skyrocket, speed up, slow down, boom, bust, depress, crash or collapse economies the world over. They are not all powerful though, they can steer the masses but they can’t control. They can light the economy on fire, and steer the economic systems during the fire, but they can’t control the economic forest fire to the trillion.

Unless 2020 is treated like a capital market crisis (or something else one level up from an institutional crisis and one level down from a currency crisis). 2020 will be at best a second Great Depression and at worst a culling of the human race.

If the elite decide to bring on the Economy Demolishing Collapse, they could achive their dream of a One World Mark of The Beast Currency. It will be the single largest event in human history.

to answer your question, no crypto will be helpful in this situation. If you want to learn more, take a look at Chris Duane’s ‘TheGreatestTruthNeverTold‘ on YouTube.

Regardless, I am muscling towards my Unscription.

I do feel that the benevolent forces looking over humanity as part of our game here on earth will not let a full blown socio-economic system collapse happen because it would set us all back on our evolution as souls. The OP did ask for opinions, and I’ll end mine here.
That's definitely an opinion LOL.

I used to be waaay into silver and all that truther stuff, but then realized that "the powers at be" probably have more to gain keeping the status quo rather than armageddon. People have been predicting this stuff for decades.

That said precious metals have their place as an investment and wealth preservation vehicle, but when it comes to currency in a WROL situation, food/gas/ammo will be far more valuable.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
That's definitely an opinion LOL.

I used to be waaay into silver and all that truther stuff, but then realized that "the powers at be" probably have more to gain keeping the status quo rather than armageddon. People have been predicting this stuff for decades.

That said precious metals have their place as an investment and wealth preservation vehicle, but when it comes to currency in a WROL situation, food/gas/ammo will be far more valuable.

Exactly. Well put. Thanks for saving me a lot of typing.

I'm investing in fishing poles. I'll trade you one pole, one net, and a package of 30 hooks for all your silver. You'll agree - or starve.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I'm investing in fishing poles. I'll trade you one pole, one net, and a package of 30 hooks for all your silver. You'll agree - or starve.

This. If you really took the extremely pessimistic view of Dignium, wouldn't buying land on which you could grow food (and ideally fish/hunt) be infinitely better than silver?

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
This. If you really took the extremely pessimistic view of Dignium, wouldn't buying land on which you could grow food (and ideally fish/hunt) be infinitely better than silver?

Think this through for a moment.

How long can you defend yourself and guard your land/livestock/crops/food?

zombies.JPG

I'll bet you I can outlast you for years AND sleep safe in my boat while doing it.

fishing meme.JPG

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
2008 was an institutional crisis, a subprime ponzi scheme collapsed. No systemic changes were enforced. 2020 will be a currency crisis, the currency ponzi scheme will falter. Notice how now we have new subprime ponzi schemes just with new labels (nonprime), these are reload schemes which will not grow to the same size at the original.

These are the three most likely scenarios, Depending of if the elite can or will be able to continue the game:
-Total fiat implosion where the Doomsday Preppers with Physical Gold & Silver are best off. The precious metal is their money system in the rebuilding stage after the collapse. It will take at least 5 years for all the shit to sift out WROL. Some predict a 25 year great depression. Others predict an end to humanity because of abandoned nuclear power plant meltdowns & subsequent radioisotope release from majority of plants not built to contain failure.
-Adsorbtion of Imploded Fiat Currencies into SDRs / other elite-controlled fiat.

The elite have steered the financial system to its logical extreme (think about this), there are only a couple more degrees higher they can take this.
The Canned Goods and Ammunition Fastlane
I'll trade building furniture from forest sticks for a place in the bunker and a daily ration of dry rice and bullion cubes. :smile:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Is this the same crash they've been warning us about since 2016?

LOL, I bet they'll be telling us in 2020 to prepare for the 2021 crash LOL.

And the same people that have been warning us (and getting it wrong) since 2016 will try to take credit for the crash when it finally does happen ... "See, See, I told you it would crash." LOL what about the other 10 times you told us it would happen and it didn't ?

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
Wasn't the world supposed to be ending soon anyway?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Exactly. Well put. Thanks for saving me a lot of typing.

I will put all my silver into an old sock and beat you with it and take your fishing pole. Lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.