The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

2020 upcoming crisis - what to do?

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Hi everyone,

So, as you may know, since May 2019, the "inverted yield curve" phenomenon happened in the U.S. This means that the short-term rates became higher than the long-term rates in the U.S. This means the banks will now have issues to lend money to consumers because it becomes less profitable for them. Basically, inverted yield curve = crisis. There is a Twitter thread which explains the phenomenon a little more in details: View: https://twitter.com/moorehn/status/1161766324642750465

So, the thing is, in May 2019, the U.S short-term rates became higher than the U.S long-term rates.
See OECD data:
_short-term rates: Interest rates - Short-term interest rates - OECD Data
_long-term rates: Interest rates - Long-term interest rates - OECD Data

According to Statista (Inverted Yield Curve: An Ominous Sign? | Coworking Spaces Grew More Than 1,000% In A Decade), on average, it takes 14 months between the inversion and the actual recession. So, there is a huge chance a violent recession happens worldwide in June-July 2020.

The question is not if the crisis will happen, but when.

So guys, what's your advice in order to get the best out of this situation? Where to put money and when?

Is it gold? The price of gold took a whopping 26% since January 2019 and it keeps rising, is it already too late?
Is it real-estate? If yes, when is the right time to buy? Is it too soon?
The stock market is likely to get hit in June-July 2020, so it is better to wait right now I guess?

Thanks!

P.S: I live in France, so characteristics of local U.S economies won't be useful for me. I need macro information :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
I have a lot of money sitting aside to buy real estate and stocks when everything dips and gets cheap.

In addition, one of my main sources of income comes from teaching business owners how to get more customers and grow their profit. Once people stop spending and these business owners see a decrease in profits I plan to market even more aggressively.

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 24, 2017
Nashville
Did you notice the buzz around General Electric's possible accounting scandal?

I always remember the wise Dr. Michael Burry saying (I'm paraphrasing), "one of the key indicators of an oncoming market crash is the significant increase in fraudulent activity in the financial sector"

Dignium

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA
2008 was an institutional crisis, a subprime ponzi scheme collapsed. No systemic changes were enforced. 2020 will be a currency crisis, the currency ponzi scheme will falter. Notice how now we have new subprime ponzi schemes just with new labels (nonprime), these are reload schemes which will not grow to the same size at the original.

These are the three most likely scenarios, Depending of if the elite can or will be able to continue the game:
-Total fiat implosion where the Doomsday Preppers with Physical Gold & Silver are best off. The precious metal is their money system in the rebuilding stage after the collapse. It will take at least 5 years for all the shit to sift out WROL. Some predict a 25 year great depression. Others predict an end to humanity because of abandoned nuclear power plant meltdowns & subsequent radioisotope release from majority of plants not built to contain failure.
-Hyperinflation of all fiat currencies, societal collapse & subsequent "solution" brought forth by elite, see below for most likely scenario.
-Adsorbtion of Imploded Fiat Currencies into SDRs / other elite-controlled fiat.

The elite have steered the financial system to its logical extreme (think about this), there are only a couple more degrees higher they can take this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ahmet1054

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Did you notice the buzz around General Electric's possible accounting scandal?

I always remember the wise Dr. Michael Burry saying (I'm paraphrasing), "one of the key indicators of an oncoming market crash is the significant increase in fraudulent activity in the financial sector"
Yes I saw this and yes, it smells bad

OP
OP
Ahmet1054

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
-Hyperinflation of all fiat currencies, societal collapse & subsequent "solution" brought forth by elite, see below for most likely scenario.
Based on what you say here, it might be a good idea to invest in crypto currencies then?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom