The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015... Your Exclusion Goals?

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
  • I'm giving up businesses that haven't gained traction or momentum based on a certain period of time. Now that i'm a bit more enlightened from this forum with the whole "add value" instead of "how can i fund myself X" , i've realized how backwards my thinking was, and that impacted actions i took towards building businesses... which has delayed the process in doing well. So i'm setting deadlines now or giving up the business and moving onto the next one.
  • I'm giving up my phone for the most part. I've made it a habit to only check my phone twice a day.. once in the AM, once at lunch time, that's it. I silence everything but the ringer and will only communicate via phone calls aside from AM and lunch. That means only twice i will check facebook, GroupMe, email, twitter, instagram, whatever bullshit that can consume your time and energy and thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Richard B

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 5, 2015
Wow -- I really like the concept of "no" goals. Assertiveness is saying yes to what you want and no to what you don't want -- and success requires both.

G

GuestUser112

Wow -- I really like the concept of "no" goals. Assertiveness is saying yes to what you want and no to what you don't want -- and success requires both.

Don't troll an entire thread of this value and then have the gall to justify it with a vague truth. That's low, even for a troll. That thing you are besmirching is wisdom, you fool.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Sucralose and Red40 (artificial colors) is my "give up" -- anyone in fitness knows that this shit is in virtually all of the supplements.
Two NLP things I came across that will help here. You don't have to answer them out loud.

Linguistic Resourcing
1. What’s the problem?
2. How do you know taking Sucralose and Red40 is a problem?
3. When did you decide that?
4. When don’t you take Sucralos and Red40 now?
5. What are you not deciding when you don’t’ take Sucralose and Red40 now?
6. How is that different from how you were?
7. How do you know that, now?
8. What other changes would you like to make?

In regards to making the decision not to take those 2 things...
Where were you when you were deciding that? ...just before that where were you? NOW, as you think about your present situation in life, notice how many options you have, now. Think of that problem and notice how you feel now. As you think about the next time you may take something with Sucralose or Red40 in it, knowing what you know now, notice how much better you feel, not doing it.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
P.S. Having fun with #5?? :D

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I used to have my morning routine dialed in.

However since I lost this good habit, I have become much less efficient.

I will NOT check my e-mail/facebook as soon as I wake up. Instead I am going to work on the most important task I have first.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
http://www.muscleforlife.com/lets-bring-change-to-the-workout-supplement-industry/

Check out this MJ DeMarco. This guy could really bring some serious change to the fitness industry. He makes some great supplements that have clinically proven ingredients and no artificial sweeteners! He's really trying to help people not to be fooled by all the crap put out by the fitness industry. The supplements work pretty great too!

I can vouch for this brand. Only problem is it still has artificial colors/flavors. I will release a supplement this year which will be clinically proven ingredients+dosages and no artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors.

Significantly reducing time spent on TV, Feedly, Youtube, FB and IG.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
http://www.muscleforlife.com/lets-bring-change-to-the-workout-supplement-industry/

Check out this MJ DeMarco. This guy could really bring some serious change to the fitness industry. He makes some great supplements that have clinically proven ingredients and no artificial sweeteners! He's really trying to help people not to be fooled by all the crap put out by the fitness industry. The supplements work pretty great too!

I have a couple things I want to stop this year included in my resolutions. First off I've been working on stopping being so selfish. In fact, one of my goals for the year is helping my brother gain 20 pounds (Hopefully mostly muscle!). He's pretty small right now and a lot of people think he's malnourished. I've been there and know how bad it feels. I fixed it, it was tough, and I think I can help him do the same!

The other big thing I want to stop in 2015 is to stop being so stressed and anxious all the time. For longer than I can remember I've picked my fingers, and I've come to a realize it's something I do when I'm either really anxious or stressed. I'm not exactly sure yet how to get these under control, but I know I will get it done! I think that once I get that under control I can fix some other problems I've been having and it will help in college and also some business stuff I've been working on.

Just bought some of his stuff. Not just because it meets my needs, but he looks like a Fastlane entrepreneur. Gotta support em!

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
Just bought some of his stuff. Not just because it meets my needs, but he looks like a Fastlane entrepreneur. Gotta support em!
Contact and recruit him to this forum and then buy 20% of his business for x amount.

IGSKnox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2015
Knoxville,Tn
I am currently streamlining my Company to increase value for the customer, but at the same time Im working on changing my input to change my output as far as the way I look at things. To increase Positive influnence ive removed all negative, so pretty much i stopped watching tv and put the game controller away haha

Adam Secada

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 21, 2014
Dallas, TX
@MJ DeMarco -- I will be giving up Television, Staying Up Late, and "Quicksand Friends"

I have a friend who keeps up with 75 TV Shows. That's not a typo. I had him write down every show he follows, whether it be via Netflix, Hulu, ABC or NBC, and it came out to 75. EVEN WORSE, when he gets halfway through a season he feels compelled to stick with it, EVEN IF HE HATES THE SHOW FOR THE TIME INVESTMENT HE HAS IN IT. HOW INSANE IS THIS?

I follow three. Community. Game of Thrones (1 Season Behind). And It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. And sometimes I think thats too many. I'll be cutting it down even further. At the end of the day, if Betty doesn't get with Doctor Smith and we find out that Josie's Baby-Daddy is Ricardo and not Sammy, will it make ANY DIFFERENCE at all in our lives?

Nope.

I'm notorious for staying up late. Reddit users, you know what im talking about. However, I have been putting systems into place goto the gym every day at 5am (Notice how I didnt say I was "forcing myself" -- if you have to change your habits through willpower alone, you are fighting a losing battle.), so I'm naturally tired at 9PM

Quicksand Friends. Those people that just "bring you down" when youre around them. Those people where you just feel "tired" after you're away from them because they sucked so much out of you. If a relationship doesn't add value to your life -- that is, if it adds no value or even worse, takes something away from you, it's not worth having. Burn your bridges, I say.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Saying no to
- sitting around feeling bored. that's when I should be accomplishing something
- sleeping in. Still a bit of a struggle, but I'm getting more used to getting up early

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I'm just interested in what people are looking at on the web, or what they're considering web surfing, because I keep seeing people say their wasting time doing this, and need to block things so they're more productive. I suppose In the past I wasted a lot of time playing a video game, but for the most part I've really used the web for learning and educating myself. I don't really necessarily think of that is wasting time. Although, I don't read so many blogs anymore or articles, because I'm in the books and videos for learning stuff now. Just curious.

I used to spend too much time on a couple of other forums that had nothing to do with making money.Any web surfing that doesn't have anything to do with making more money or something else very important is a waste of time. The list is endless.

Ideally, almost everything you do every day should move you ahead in some way. No moving backwards and no delays.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I will give up my smartphone.

G

GuestUser139

I would like to stop procrastinating and drinking coke. I easily start just browsing the web or hitting up friends to hang out, instead of focusing on what I know I should be doing. Also I love drinking coca cola but it's not good for anything, my teeth, belly or my focus!

Thanks

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Why are so many people giving up carbs? Certain carbs can be a great asset to your fitness goals - rice, sweet potatoes, oats. Stay away from sugar and cut down on fats!

I plan to give up using facebook for any reasons other than advertising and my business page, as well as drinking in excess.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I used to spend too much time on a couple of other forums that had nothing to do with making money.Any web surfing that doesn't have anything to do with making more money or something else very important is a waste of time. The list is endless.

Ideally, almost everything you do every day should move you ahead in some way. No moving backwards and no delays.

Ah, I get you! I wasn't sure, and probably just forgot what it was like because I haven't had that problem for a few years. 2007 to 2011 I did a lot of that! Wasting time, dwelling on the past, and used it to escape my situation at the time. Someone had mentioned at the time to used the internet in another way. Which led to writing, studying, and getting here.

That is rough breaking the habit, but it comes with ease after awhile. I think this is the only site I spend long periods of time on at this point in time. And if I'm on another one, it's usually has to do with my business.

I didn't know anything about programs to block sites, I just had to learn to discipline myself.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Ah, I get you! I wasn't sure, and probably just forgot what it was like because I haven't had that problem for a few years. 2007 to 2011 I did a lot of that! Wasting time, dwelling on the past, and used it to escape my situation at the time. Someone had mentioned at the time to used the internet in another way. Which led to writing, studying, and getting here.

That is rough breaking the habit, but it comes with ease after awhile. I think this is the only site I spend long periods of time on at this point in time. And if I'm on another one, it's usually has to do with my business.

I didn't know anything about programs to block sites, I just had to learn to discipline myself.

I found add-ons helpful because a lot of the time I would find I was searching aimlessly without catching myself. Working for a while, slight distraction, then woah, suddenly I've been shopping for classic Porsches for half an hour.

Now whenever I try to visit Reddit, AutoTrader, etc. it redirects me to paypal.com. It's a nice kick in the face. There are ways around these programs of course, but if you make it inconvenient, you stop most of the problem.

Plus only logging into Reddit once a week or so makes you realize how much you hate Reddit. What a lousy pity party that place is, even /r/Entrepreneur.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Plus only logging into Reddit once a week or so makes you realize how much you hate Reddit. What a lousy pity party that place is, even /r/Entrepreneur.

I was lucky or something. I wasn't looking for an Entrepreneur forum. I was looking for books on the millionaire mindset and found M.J.'s, read it, and seen he had a forum. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even thought about it. I was just learning on my own. About a month ago I went on that page in Reddit and noticed the same thing. Ended up telling them to go read M.J.'s book because they were pretty negative as you said, and some bad advice. Never took a second look.

I noticed pretty much the same thing in many areas on there. I don't particularly care for it, but I go in and post a book or two on promotion and leave. And engage a few times, just because it's their rules. lol I see nothing there entertaining.

I've been shopping for classic Porsches for half an hour.

While I would love to go shopping and buy nice things, I just don't even look at places that sell things or even ads. Probably, because I had to discipline myself not to spend money on my journey. Although, I did get that headband: sleepphones for meditation someone recommended on here. I think they suck personally! lol

Why? I can hear everything in the room and what's going on around me. Regular earphones seal off the noise. So, ha ha! Someone invent something better. While the headbands comfortable, fails to do the purpose.

Think every area of our lives just needs to be disciplined. Whatever way works. I can tell you I hate schedules. So, this is what I need to work on and more exercise. As well as do something else, besides working on my business stuff. I don't like to stop working, thinking, I'll form bad habits. Habits are are hard to break sometimes whether good or bad.

Spartan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 3, 2014

Good to hear! Let me know how it works for you MJ!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well folks come Monday 2015 will be HALF OVER.

What have you accomplished?
Learned?
Improved upon?

And more so, what have you gotten rid of?

Are you on track of progress? Or back in the mud of mediocrity?

I did a search for "2015 goals" and a lot of stuff came up, most from people who posted and disappeared along with their 2015 goals. Don't be one of them.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Goal 1. Radio stream: Nope
Goal 2. Writing Workshop: Spend a lot of time doing workshops and learning plot/structure development, sentence structure, character development/ research
Goal 3. Improve blog and e-book writing: Umm...somewhat...but can improve: this goes with learning copy writing
Goal 4. Two books out a week in either fiction, non-fiction, or poetry: Pretty much binge a few times of month more then every week
Goal 5. Revise my novel, get funds for it, and edit and publish: Developed Characters a bit better. Still needs work. Did by the program Write Way Pro to organize it, and works better.
Goal 6. Keep my content on schedule every week, blog, radio, slide share, you tube Nope Been more focused on Fiction.
Goal 7. Marketing schedule for books: Did try something different week to experiment. And decide I will change some things.
Goal 8. Learn Dutch Language so I can expand to dutch world. Work on this every other day. Not always fun!
Goal 9. And read and update skills in marketing, business, and my area of expertise. A little, but been busy with the other stuff with Fiction.
Goal 10. Start engaging with people instead of being an introvert! I have been engaging, but it feels like I'm wasting time when I do. Usually an two hours a day on different forums.

Threw away old covers, made new ones to see if it would make a difference. Threw away entire site, and re-did it, but still needs improvement and work. And may need to be thrown out again.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
I need to give up staying up late and make sure I get enough sleep to perform my best. Too much time spent talking to friends in the dorm and losing track of time.

Also, off-topic but, @MJ DeMarco, you should fix the quote in your avatar.
97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% that never gave up ... It's ambiguous/incorrect wording because it's taking 97% of a group, those quitting too soon, and 3% of a group, those that never gave up. They're two different groups. The 3% that never gave up were never part of the group of people who quit. Therefore, 3% of the group that quits too soon is unaccounted for, and 97% of the group that never gives up is unaccounted for. It would be more logical if it read "97% of people quit too soon, the remaining 3% are their bosses," or something similar. This sentence has only one group, people.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Also, off-topic but, @MJ DeMarco, you should fix the quote in your avatar.
97% of the people who quit too soon are employed by the 3% that never gave up ... It's ambiguous/incorrect wording because it's taking 97% of a group, those quitting too soon, and 3% of a group, those that never gave up. They're two different groups. The 3% that never gave up were never part of the group of people who quit. Therefore, 3% of the group that quits too soon is unaccounted for, and 97% of the group that never gives up is unaccounted for. It would be more logical if it read "97% of people quit too soon, the remaining 3% are their bosses," or something similar. This sentence has only one group, people.
lol you've been talking to your friends to much and didn't notice the answer to this on another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Relatively consistent on 5 out of 8 of them.

Npl9

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Dec 27, 2014
lol you've been talking to your friends to much and didn't notice the answer to this on another thread.

Oops. Which thread? Actually not even at school now and have been working! Just didn't see it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.