The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2015 Fastlane Summit, Official Thread

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Love the ideas from @FionaS and @Iwokeup too; Have more videos recorded next time by a few people an put it together. And.. set up a "hot seat" discussion sort of thing where we can brainstorm for each other.

Since we'll probably be around 75 or so next year too, how about this: Break up into 3-4 smaller groups and take turns in the 'hot seat'. Everyone takes turn troubleshooting, consulting, picking apart, etc. someone's idea or current business obstacles. The group members could be cycled around too. Could be one session like that for each day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA
Wow. I'm so glad I pulled the trigger to come to the event. Million Dollar Education in the span of 2.5 days. I learned more from the speakers and lunch/dinner conversations than I could've ever envisioned learning.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for writing Millionaire Fastlane years ago to building this forum and speaking at the event twice for us.
Thank you @AllenCrawley for MC'ing and @Red for the handling the behind the scenes logistics (and that kick-a$$ Bulletproof coffee!)
Thank you to all the speakers and taken the time to prepare presentations and share advice that we can all leverage in our business

I met some great people this week. I've always asked others, "when was that time that clicked that entrepreneurship or pursuing this idea was right?" - I can now answer that for myself that last weekend was that for me. My brain is now re-wired for success. It was great sharing ideas with people and it was even more exciting coming up with potential business ideas over beers. The best thing I learned was you need to move FAST. Whether that's testing an idea, taking action, or scaling. I've purchased "Ready, Fire, Aim" and it's been another wealth of knowledge for me. I can't thank everyone enough for the individual conversations shared.

I look forward to paying it forward to the forum soon and for those that I didn't get a chance to connect with, I hope our paths cross soon. Let's keep the motivation and energy up from the weekend and drive our businesses into overdrive.

p.s.

Vasectomy lead gen anyone? (@Esquire)

p.p.s.

"Scottsdale Entrepreneur House Part 2: Coming Soon"...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
"Scottsdale Entrepreneur House Part 2: Coming Soon"...

Dude, are you moving here too? I've heard some buzz from a few people in the last week about possibly coming here. Would be great to have more of you closer to the "Fastlaner capital"

saigon

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Sep 25, 2011
NYC/CT/GA
Dude, are you moving here too? I've heard some buzz from a few people in the last week about possibly coming here. Would be great to have more of you closer to the "Fastlaner capital"

Yup! Targeting moving there by June - just need to figure out logistics.

Chadi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 19, 2014
We actually did that one year while we sat around the pool on Sunday afternoon and another time as part of the main session. I loved it. One person would throw out a challenge with which they were struggling. Then everyone would brainstorm, throwing out their ideas for 10 or 15 minutes before moving on to the next problem. It was VERY interesting, exciting, inspiring and helpful, IMHO.

Then again, that's when we had 30 people, not 75. Soooo.... Not sure how it would work. But I'd love to see it again.

@Jill, that's exactly what I put for recommendation on the feedback sheet. I called it a hot seat session where someone talks about 1 challenge he or she is facing and the group provides feedback. You're right in that it's difficult to do with 75 people but maybe not everyone wants to do this. One way to do it is to have 12 spots available for 10 minutes each (6 each day for 1 hour total) or some other variation. But I wholeheartedly agree with the idea.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
Sorry to miss the pool party on Sunday. We took the red-eye out to Chicago, where we ran into @Likwid24.

I'm blessed to have found this tribe. Thank you, @MJ DeMarco. And thanks to @biophase, whose blog I had been following since the RDPD days, for much needed motivation and guidance.

It was so wonderful catching up with everyone. There were so many people there, it was hard to meet everyone, but you know where to find me. I'm not on the forum much, but hit me up on FB or Skype. Or just come out to Denver. ;)

Also, special shout-outs to...
  • @Red : You rock, girl! Great job, and looking forward to traveling together soon.
  • @AllenCrawley : Always a pleasure catching up with you and seeing your lovely wife. Still swear you robbed the cradle!
  • @Jill : Thank you for putting up with me for 2 weeks, and in a tent for half of that time. Love ya, and can't wait for our next adventure.
  • @LightHouse : Call me for a butt-kicking anytime. You're right... I don't sugar coat anything (as @Kung Fu Steve can attest).
  • @JasonR : Mind blown. Thank you for being so transparent and open. Can I couch surf for a few days and watch you and Cody work? Dead serious. (please tell Cody to come next year... or move back to CO!)
  • @1step : Always love picking your brain. Thanks for all the pointers. Let's catch up more in depth soon.
  • @TopChef : Sorry to miss your presentation, but I'm sure you can fill me in... maybe in China, again?
  • @VinceT and @danoodle : Tiesto and Kaskade this summer (Red Rocks, 3 day EDM festival)? Vince, thanks for the rides!
  • @needchaser : Awesome meeting up with you in Las Vegas and at the event, and great to hear your progress.
  • @Arrabista : Your energy is infectious. Can't wait to see you on film. And thank you to my partner, @csalvato !
  • @FionaS : Great to meet you in person after all of those Skype chats. Sorry we didn't have more time to catch up.
  • @ctkim : Most entertaining product, ever. Thanks for the laughs!
  • @Davidla and @MikeC : Lunch or dinner soon? @MarkNNelson , join us.
  • @Mrs. BRKb , @Chadi , @Eskil , @Milkanic , @putinwork , @Castaway , @Atown512 , @TheSilverSpoon , @splok , @AndrewNC : It was great seeing all of you again, as always.

Bosstradamus

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Dec 22, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
So it's been a week since we all got turbo charged. So far I've finished the 1st draft of my ebook and I'm almost done with my website even though I changed to a different platform (took everyones advice to use shopify). i still feel like I'm not moving fast enough. 8hrs a day at a "job" really slows down progress..

PS.

Thanks for the video. It helps stay motivated, as does this thread and the fb group

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
We better be careful, people might get the wrong idea. The last time I saw so much excitement I was at an Amway convention 25 years ago. ;)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
MJ's keynote next year: "How I raked in millions with Amway - and how you can to! (Terms and conditions apply)"

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
MJ's keynote next year: "How I raked in millions with Amway - and how you can to! (Terms and conditions apply)"

Just pay me 200 dollars to work for me. I like how this plays out...

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
That's a great point @throttleforward and @Eskil.

P.S. Have to shout out to @Arrabista. I got a chance to practice some of your stuff this week. I did something to piss my wife off, and when she confronted me, I matched her energy (but not her emotion), and then deflected and talked it out. Worked like a charm. Then I told her to take her clothes off, but that just seemed to make her mad again. Maybe my tone was a little off ;)
lol great stuff @Even Steven , I can sleep a happy man knowing that my work resonated with you;) , maybe try to build more "rapport " next time ,then ask her to take her clothes off lol

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Meh...Eye of the Tiger puts me to sleep. :) On request from @thorn I made a metal version as well.

If this relentless guitar/drum assault doesn't give you a kick in the butt - nothing will:

It's like caffeine for your ears! :D
Nice vid!

I'm jealous as F*ck lol looks like you guys had fun and learned alot.

Definitely wanna make it next year.

PS, I like the little KISS reference at the end. (Not sure if that's where you actually got it but I'm thinking so)

"These are my people, this is my crowd"

;)

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
A word of caution:

A lot of people here have expressed excitement about who they met and what they learned at the conference ... and that's great.

But don't lose sight of the fundamentals.

Not infrequently ... when I spoke with people at the conference and asked them what they were up to ... or what they had in mind ... I scratched my head and asked myself ... is what I am hearing consistent with the Fastlane commandments?

Sometimes it was ... but often times it was not.

Some of you reading this might have arrived at the same impressions in the course of your own discussions.

My point is ... applying the "right" techniques ... to the "wrong" product or service ... will not get you far.

In your excitement to take action ... don't lose sight of the forest through the trees.

In the larger picture ... the conference changes nothing.

Your main focus should ... and must be ... the Fastlane commandments.

Fundamentals first.

Last edited:

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
PS, I like the little KISS reference at the end. (Not sure if that's where you actually got it but I'm thinking so)
Yep, if you go back up a few post and watch the original video I posted, that full song is in there (cover version by Norwegian singer Kurt Nilsen)

needchaser

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jan 7, 2012
USA
Last edited by a moderator:

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
Thank you @Arrabista , for being so impactful in my life and everyone else's that you meet. You are truly an inspiration to many and the concepts and ideas you teach will better the world, seriously. BTW, the story of how offended you were at getting free soda is my new favorite story of the weekend.
Hey chris , my pleasure man and thank you for your kind words and your generous spirit and input . I always enjoy catching up with you .keep in touch.

Goobii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 29, 2011
AUS
fa5dc169a8fbb196e16317b371c3954d.jpg

Crotch blocking is catching on

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Alright folks! Week #2 of the post-meetup March to Awesomeness is upon us. What are YOU doing to move forward?

:)

Shoutout to @throttleforward

thorn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jun 23, 2013
Pennsylvania
Currently reviewing packaging for the product, finalizing my branding over this week and next (hopefully not much longer, but working with a graphic artist/branding expert so kind working with their schedule as well) and also beginning to toy with setting up Facebook marketing - Very much in the experimental stages there. A lot to learn on that front.

I plan to actually create a new progress thread here with the new venture, but I have a few more things I want to get done first before doing so.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Alright folks! Week #2 of the post-meetup March to Awesomeness is upon us. What are YOU doing to move forward?

:)

Shoutout to @throttleforward

Nothing that would be of interest publicly, but making rapid changes to re-engineer my life. Also back on top of creating this new products biz in effort to learn the process and automate the entire thing. Hopefully the tools i build will be of high value to most members here running products business'.

/vaugebullshit

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Sorry for the long delay, but immediately following bnp in Scottsdale I flew to St Petersburg, FL and gave a presentation to about 350 people about protecting their wealth using trusts and foundations. Currently in London and back home to Latvia on Sunday.

I am not going to mention everyone's "handle" as I think we all know who was in Scottsdale. So first. Takeaways:

Focus on value. Every. Single. Day. And stay focused on the things that matter.

Marketing. I need to do a better job with fb ads, twitter, youtube vids, ppc, etc for our membership site. We offer enormous amounts of value, but are lacking in spreading the message. Viral marketing is a must have strategy and should be implemented into my toolbox. I guess I knew this but didn't know how to do it.

Technology is rapidly advancing faster than we all can imagine. The visualization with pixel tracking blew me away. Damn. Just damn. Makes me want to set up a dictionary website.

Presence. I am in control of my presence with people. I can alter my audiences perception of me just by tweaking a few small details like body language, voice level, pitch. I can negotiate more effectively by matching energy levels but not emotion. The idea that I am in full control of my presence blew me away.

Mindset. I need to be willing to do what others aren't willing to do. Like fail fast, accept pain and struggle, get out of my own way, and focus on execution.

Business systems. My business needs to be more streamlined. I need better processes and delegation. And it needs to be more user friendly. I don't ever need to get an email from a client that cannot figure out how to pay me.

Lastly, networking. The number 1 most critical component to success in business and in life is the people you surround yourself with. Surround yourself with mediocre people and you will suffer a lifetime of mediocrity. Surround yourself with entrepreneurial action takers, you will progress in your own life.

Action steps:

I reached out to my uni alumni association about a feature and doing a speaking event.

I outsourced our fb ad campaign for our membership site.

I have upgraded my PA. I had a PA before, but timing is everything it seems. She was part time and is going to move on to a full time job offer. So I hired someone locally to me for a more full time role as PA to outsource more tasks.

I immediately implemented many of the techniques for improving presence the following week in Florida at the speaking event. It appears to have worked based on the leads I am working with now.

This is just a start. Ongoing persistent process improvement. Every. Single. Day.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Sorry for the long delay, but immediately following bnp in Scottsdale I flew to St Petersburg, FL and gave a presentation to about 350 people about protecting their wealth using trusts and foundations. Currently in London and back home to Latvia on Sunday.

I am not going to mention everyone's "handle" as I think we all know who was in Scottsdale. So first. Takeaways:

Focus on value. Every. Single. Day. And stay focused on the things that matter.

Marketing. I need to do a better job with fb ads, twitter, youtube vids, ppc, etc for our membership site. We offer enormous amounts of value, but are lacking in spreading the message. Viral marketing is a must have strategy and should be implemented into my toolbox. I guess I knew this but didn't know how to do it.

Technology is rapidly advancing faster than we all can imagine. The visualization with pixel tracking blew me away. Damn. Just damn. Makes me want to set up a dictionary website.

Presence. I am in control of my presence with people. I can alter my audiences perception of me just by tweaking a few small details like body language, voice level, pitch. I can negotiate more effectively by matching energy levels but not emotion. The idea that I am in full control of my presence blew me away.

Mindset. I need to be willing to do what others aren't willing to do. Like fail fast, accept pain and struggle, get out of my own way, and focus on execution.

Business systems. My business needs to be more streamlined. I need better processes and delegation. And it needs to be more user friendly. I don't ever need to get an email from a client that cannot figure out how to pay me.

Lastly, networking. The number 1 most critical component to success in business and in life is the people you surround yourself with. Surround yourself with mediocre people and you will suffer a lifetime of mediocrity. Surround yourself with entrepreneurial action takers, you will progress in your own life.

Action steps:

I reached out to my uni alumni association about a feature and doing a speaking event.

I outsourced our fb ad campaign for our membership site.

I have upgraded my PA. I had a PA before, but timing is everything it seems. She was part time and is going to move on to a full time job offer. So I hired someone locally to me for a more full time role as PA to outsource more tasks.

I immediately implemented many of the techniques for improving presence the following week in Florida at the speaking event. It appears to have worked based on the leads I am working with now.

This is just a start. Ongoing persistent process improvement. Every. Single. Day.

I hope you speak next year too. You obviously had a ton of valuable material, just not the time to get through all of it.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
One thing I just realized is how different the feel of this forum is now after the meetup.

Not sure why it took this long to realize it, but it is a whole different thing now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.