The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 Beer & Pancakes

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
LOL, 2 flights...

I have to take a taxi, 4 flights, a canoe and a camel ride.

LOL are you traveling from the center of the earth. Or am sensing sarcasm

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Barry.. most likely he is traveling from a remote jungle in a country we have never heard of. Or, it could be Northwest Arkansas. Having lived in Arkansas, it sounded familiar but the Taxi threw me off (figuratively, not literally)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
just checked out the flights from zurich and it comes out to about 700-800 euros for flights only mid/end of february. 17 hours one-way, urghh. would be happy if the date would be announced far enough in advance so guys like me with long distance flights and not so deep pockets can take advantage of cheaper rates.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Hahaa..I see why did you move, Environmental factors?

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Check out his business, you should understand then.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
He's in security equipments, on amazon etc I know some info on him based on having communicated for advice

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
He's in security equipments, on amazon etc I know some info on him based on having communicated for advice

Oh, yeah. Thats vigilante, hes the security guy.

But you were referring to GlobalWealth at first. He's in the asset protection business and it seems to me like he's living out his business principles by living all around the world, especially in more business friendly regions.

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Oh, yeah. Thats vigilante, hes the security guy.

But you were referring to GlobalWealth at first. He's the money laundering guy :smxB:.

Lool, you quoted me on the question I asked vigilante so I thought you were referring to him. I've read Global Wealth story when I just came to the forum it never sticked but I have his and other reputable members profile bookmarked to read everything they have ever posted. Did this lastnight so my goal for the day is to read them all

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
He's the money laundering guy :smxB:.

Although you may be joking (i hope), things like this come off as very disrespectful.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Although you may be joking (i hope), things like this come off as very disrespectful.

I thought it was very obvious that I was joking, even spent a few extra seconds looking for the best "irony" emoticon. Didn't mean any disrespect, in fact I'm very interested in his business and follow his blog regulary. I will edit the post. Again, sorry.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Are we still talking about dates? I thought it was set for Feb 23-25.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Are we still talking about dates? I thought it was set for Feb 23-25.

My gf's exams end at 02/16 the latest and as neither of us has ever been to the US, she will probably want go with me and we'll combine this with a holiday after the exams. So this date would be perfect for me.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
most likely he is traveling from a remote jungle in a country we have never heard of. Or, it could be Northwest Arkansas

Nobody's heard of Northwest Arkansas either.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

I can easily, albeit longly, answer this question over cocktails in PHX.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I will edit the post. Again, sorry.

No problem bro. I've had MUCH worse fired at me. Come to think of it, I hear worse than that nearly every day from Lighthouse on skype.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Taxation is theft.

With that I do completely agree. To clarify, income taxation is theft. Think not?

Raise your hand if you would would voluntarily send in 25-50% of your income at the end of the year if there wasn't an underlying threat.

Of course I also believe in freedom, and that threat is real - and I don't look good in orange. Only Lighthouse thinks he can pull off orange shoes...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
With that I do completely agree. To clarify, income taxation is theft. Think not?

Raise your hand if you would would voluntarily send in 25-50% of your income at the end of the year if there wasn't an underlying threat.

Of course I also believe in freedom, and that threat is real - and I don't look good in orange. Only Lighthouse thinks he can pull off orange shoes...

I don't think, I know. Snowbank has green sweaters, i have orange shoes, you have shaved-in ascot ties. You just need to learn to deal with the hand that is given to you in life.

And all those sweet nothings i whisper in your e-ear over skype is true, that's the difference!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Um... you are going to have to change your birthday as you are one of the people I am going there to meet. Done.

Just need to know the date and I will decide. Ill most likely come. :)

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
Okay, Biophase and I are taking the reigns of planning this beast. It's a crapload of extra work to have non-locals do it, so it only makes sense. We'll talk tonight and close on dates tomorrow.

JonLeeHacker put it best, there won't be much room for democracy on this - so we are going to go with dates/locations/prices based on availability here. Hopefully it works with your schedule.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
For those of you who are new to the forum or think you wont fit in because you are a new member or whatever reason that is unjustified, let me share a bit of info...

Hopefully she won't mind me sharing this info, but our member SASHA had only been a member of the forum for a few weeks/months prior to last years BnP. She is young, i believe around 22/23, didn't know a soul on the forum. She realized the value of the meet up from what everyone was saying and decided to be an action taker. Rather than worry about the nuances, she decided to split a room with someone she had never met, made the voyage to the meet up and i assume had a great time. If i remember she was out with all of us til late, make new friends, business contacts, and learning.

I have a LOT of respect for Sasha being a young female professional in a new environment in a new area and taking it all like it was nothing new! She hammered out a great preso on her experience with pricing strategy and struck up some good convo with some of the vet's from the forum. That to me is someone who makes things happen.

You can sit around and make excuses, or you can get up and do the thing. You can tell the people who will go somewhere and the people who spend a lifetime in mediocrity from self-defeat.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
For those of you who are new to the forum or think you wont fit in because you are a new member or whatever reason that is unjustified, let me share a bit of info...

Hopefully she won't mind me sharing this info, but our member SASHA had only been a member of the forum for a few weeks/months prior to last years BnP. She is young, i believe around 22/23, didn't know a soul on the forum. She realized the value of the meet up from what everyone was saying and decided to be an action taker. Rather than worry about the nuances, she decided to split a room with someone she had never met, made the voyage to the meet up and i assume had a great time. If i remember she was out with all of us til late, make new friends, business contacts, and learning.

I have a LOT of respect for Sasha being a young female professional in a new environment in a new area and taking it all like it was nothing new! She hammered out a great preso on her experience with pricing strategy and struck up some good convo with some of the vet's from the forum. That to me is someone who makes things happen.

You can sit around and make excuses, or you can get up and do the thing. You can tell the people who will go somewhere and the people who spend a lifetime in mediocrity from self-defeat.

And she was able to share a room with a crazy, eccentric freak from Kansas she had never met. If she could put up with me, that is probably the greatest accomplishment there, just ask my wife! ;)

I joined the forum in Feb 2011, and wanted to go to B&P so bad, but hadn't made any posts yet, so I decided to wait a year. I wish I had gone the first time! Everyone is very welcoming at B&P, especially to newbies, so don't let that stop you! I believe some people attended that weren't even on the forum or had little to no posts at the 2012 B&P. :)

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
I plan to be there as well. From reading various posts us newbies won't feel like total strangers. Should be fun and educational.

RealOG

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 20, 2007
Austin, Texas, United States
The date is set: 2/22/2013-2/24/2013

We called a bunch of venues, but from a costs analysis it looks like it will be the Chaparral Suites or the Scottsdale Clarion. Firesky was used two years ago, but the economy was in the dumps and they were starving for revenue. Now they are fully booked. Doesn't really matter since their rates are about double the rates at the other two venues.

We will have room for 30 attendees. First come, first served.

There will be a small contingent of rooms at the hotel available for a discount. Again, first come, first served.

Pricing will be available next week. We are going to have a graduating scale. Price will start low and increase at certain dates. This will help us cover the deposits necessary to reserve the meeting room.

More details to come.

Mods, kinnae get a sticky post for this? :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The date is set: 2/22/2013-2/24/2013

We called a bunch of venues, but from a costs analysis it looks like it will be the Chaparral Suites or the Scottsdale Clarion. Firesky was used two years ago, but the economy was in the dumps and they were starving for revenue. Now they are fully booked. Doesn't really matter since their rates are about double the rates at the other two venues.

We will have room for 30 attendees. First come, first served.

There will be a small contingent of rooms at the hotel available for a discount. Again, first come, first served.

Pricing will be available next week. We are going to have a graduating scale. Price will start low and increase at certain dates. This will help us cover the deposits necessary to reserve the meeting room.

More details to come.

Mods, kinnae get a sticky post for this? :)

Is this the Clarion you are looking at?

5101 North Scottsdale Road

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Mods, kinnae get a sticky post for this?
First post updated with dates.
Thread stuck.

I also unstuck the 2012 threads to avoid confusion.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.