• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Introduction 20 and Hopeful

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by DevinMK6, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Alxander

Alxander Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,095
    You're going to waste a lot of time, make mistakes you could've prevented etc. but falling in the right direction is most important.
    It's only day 7 , have patience and enjoy the journey :)

DevinMK6 likes this.
  2. ravenspear

ravenspear Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $276
    I just wanted to state that it does not have to be this way, though this is how it often goes.

I'm 33 and I have more energy now than I did at 20 because my lifestyle habits are a lot better now. I eat better foods, exercise more regularly, get outside more, run and swim, lift weights, etc.

If you take care of your health and have the right outlook on life you can definitely keep up your energy into middle age.

Kingmaker likes this.
  3. Ubermensch

Ubermensch Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,489
    Vigilante is famous for telling people to shut and up and show action.

All of us basically the same. I really see the difference between people on this site is the level of action that they take and the type of action they take.

In other words, when are you working? How much time do you spend working? And what type of work are you doing, and how does it pay you?

Eventually, the type of action and type of work that you take should take you to the pinnacle of hustling, in which you simply allow your money to work for you, and ride a kind of unstoppable tsunami of motivation, movement, maneuvers and momentum that the time that you spend "hustling" can feasibly decrease - unless you have a long-term goal that requires you to continue pressing forwards, with all of your might.

Anyway... fyi, @DevinMK6... Oregon is a PACE state... not that this matters. You can hustle up PACE projects in any state, no matter where you are - whether you're in Oregon or on the beach in California - or Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica or the Bahamas...

According to one of my PACE resouces: Oregon passed PACE-enabling legislation in 2014 for renewable and energy efficiency improvements, and an amendment in 2015 to allow financing for seismic retrofits. There is one active program in Multnomah County.

Multnomah County, the Portland Development Commission, and Energy Trust of Oregon partnered in the creation of a Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program to serve Multnomah County, called PropertyFit Oregon. The Portland Development Commission administers PropertyFit Oregon while the Energy Trust of Oregon provides technical resources. Multnomah County will provide overall program design support and file CPACE benefit assessment liens.

PropertyFit Oregon will be iteratively designed and refined over a 24 month (September 2015 – 2017) pilot period, after which it will move into ongoing implementation. The pilot phase will include the development and implementation of marketing, capitalization, equity, workforce, and contractor strategies.

Property Fit Oregon (<<--link) is the PACE program administrator in Oregon.

Below is an overview of the Property Fit Oregon PACE program, according to the PFO website.

Program Overview

PropertyFit offers qualifying commercial, industrial, and multi-family property owners affordable, long-term financing for energy efficient and renewable energy related building improvements. For the first time, building owners have a financial tool to undertake comprehensive energy improvement projects that holistically address a building’s performance needs. Improvements that up until now have been cost prohibitive.

Financing is secured with a benefit assessment lien on the property that is akin to a limited improvement district assessment often used by local governments to finance sewer and road improvements. As such the financing is attached to the property, not the owner, allowing for the unpaid balance of the assessment to be transferred with the building upon sale.

PropertyFit Today
    The Portland Development Commission administers the PropertyFit for Multnomah County. The program is currently available to properties within Portland's Urban Renewal Areas (see Building Owners page for map) and will soon be available County-wide. In addition, the program is committed to the growth of the Portland region's minority contractor community. As such, prime contractors performing work for PropertyFit projects must hold the federal Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) or the state Minority Women Small Business Enterprise (MWEB). Please check back for program updates including expansion to all buildings within Multnomah County and other contractor participation.

FYI, posts like this perfectly demonstrate why action-faking haters have such an allergic reaction to @Ubermensch. Fact is, you can't be a legit hustler and despise me, because you know I'm real with it. I know what the people in the upper 10% of intellect think of my posts, because they tell me.

I don't speak with any vagueness. Everything is transparent with me. I tell you how I'm making money right now. I don't keep it all some big ass secret. I want new hustlers in my game, fresh additions to the arena, more participants in an already massive marketplace.

I don't hide behind an avatar. If I have to take shots at you, I don't play around with words - and I certainly don't take Internet "beef" seriously. I actually laugh when I think of what would happen in a physical confrontation that escalated from idiot hater acting like they know me and what I do because of what they've heard third-hand. Perhaps more than most industries, money is made in construction by networking with the right relationships.

I guess I'll end by saying that I saw a hilarious meme on Instagram today. It read: "BAE" stands for "Business And Entrepreneurship." I wholeheartedly agree. In other words, I'm in love with what I do for a living. It will never get old. Creating construction projects - working with the owner, the architect, the tenant, the property manager, the developer, the general contractor, the subcontractors, the electrical contractors, the roofing contractors, the HVAC contractors, the LED and solar players - is like the adult version of playing with LEGO's, mostly because the buildings you build are real world properties (whereas LEGOs are fantastical, playful and artistic depictions of the real world), and you make ($ICK) money by getting the job done.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    DevinMK6 likes this.
  4. DevinMK6

DevinMK6 Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $263
    Thanks man, I love when people are just straight up and don't B.S. Luckily it seems like a lot of people here are like that and that's good. Hopefully I'll be taking action here soon within a month or so. Just have to do a few things a first to find out if it's worth it.

5. Jake Studebaker

Jake Studebaker New Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $58
    I'm totally with you big man, I'm 16 and launching a company in 99 days. Following up on what we say is the one area our generation needs to improve the most, and by using TMF we are on the right track

Kingmaker and DevinMK6 like this.
  6. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    Finished the book. Now starts the work week.

ksc23, MJ DeMarco and Kingmaker like this.
  7. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    My free time tends to go by a lot faster now than before, most likely because I started back up on Netflix.

Still dread going to work.

Need to find another book to keep me occupied and start researching other niches.

8. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    Well, here's the 2 week mark.

Excitement is diminishing. One of my plans fell through so that got me disappointed.

I'm going to re-read TMF while I look for other books so I don't lose interest like I do with everything else.

9. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $209,105
    Admin Post
    That's why I asked you to return here and continually update.

Diminishing excitement (or passion) is normal. How you respond to it makes the difference between breaking through, or breaking down.

Everyone comes here excited. And then when real life knocks 'em down, they give up and return back to their job, back to their TMZ, and back to their excitable weekend.

10. ksc23

ksc23 Knower of nothing FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,476
    I don't remember the source of this image but I wish I'd found it years ago:
    [​IMG]
    The graph details the timeline and emotional phases of people making big transitions.

Eg. For the (a) above, it can be you discovering and reading TMFL

Remember that the initial feelings of excitement aren't meant to last forever.

Uncertainty and confusion are normal.

Don't quit, push through the struggle and emerge as a better man.

Katsuya, Fox, Argue and 8 others like this.
  11. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    Thanks you guys. I'm not going to stop pursuing this and I plan to make it a lifelong passion. With everyone here on the forum and @fubar as my accountability partner, I believe I can be successful.

Even if things don't go my way I can't let it bring me down.

12. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    Very busy weekend, not much time for myself. Now that I'm back at work I have a couple hours a day to learn.

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  13. Sadik

Sadik Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $605
    @DevinMK6

You have got a lot of people motivating you here. So that's not in short supply. What you need is to get down from the clouds and get your hands dirty. You read the book, you have read many threads here. Tell us about your niche. What businesses are you looking at? What are your plans for the next 10 months of 2017?

I am not kidding here. If you asked me the same question, I can list you what I am trying to do this year and what tasks I have already done and what are in process and what are pending. Specifics, specifics, specifics!

Kingmaker likes this.
  14. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    My problem is that I can't just jump into something without doing extensive research. And when I say extensive, I mean way beyond what is actually needed. I need to just try something and not worry so much about the outcome.

For the longest time, I was very interested in the stock market. I got the ThinkorSwim platform and started playing around with trading for a couple months but never used real money (Mainly because I wasn't ready to throw $1,000+ into a brokerage account).

Recently though I've been looking into REI. Flipping houses rather than renting due to my area being mainly borderline poverty (Don't trust people not to wreck the property). I found a nice 3 bedroom house that needed updating that would provide a huge profit if done right. I asked my stepdad (real estate agent) to do a quote and see what it would be worth and he told me that there was already an accepted bid on the place. So that dropped my spirits a bit but hasn't stopped me.

My goal by the end of 2017 is to have at least $1,000 in passive income from whatever I choose to go with. I'm not sure if I'm lowballing or not but is a goal that I want to reach. Ideally I'd like to make enough to quit my job ($2,000/Month and I will).

So that's where I'm at.

15. Sadik

Rep Bank:
    $605
    I have no experience in real estate and I don't live in the US, so I will leave it to the others to comment.

But you are lowballing like crazy if you think $1000 per month is too much. I made a software product in 3 months. Makes me about $600-$700 passively every month (link). I own a forum, makes about $600 passively every month! (link) I could spend 3 days on Upwork and make $1000. Not boasting, I didn't get to this easy, there's years of process behind this. But just telling you it can be done.

Don't get trapped into analysis paralysis. It took me 2 weeks to start a blog in January this year. (link) I spent $200 in total, got 600 subscribers. In the 4th week I realized this wouldn't work the way I thought it would. So either I pivot or cut the losses. I haven't decided yet. I am most likely going to give it up. Lesson being, don't be afraid to fail. @MJ DeMarco says in TMF, regret of failure is easier to live with than the regret of never having tried. Just do something, fail, learn, repeat.

16. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $209,105
    Admin Post
    Featured!

Kingmaker and Sadik like this.
  17. domifreezy

domifreezy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $104
    I've just created a thread for young fastlaners.

You all are welcome.

--> Here <--

VincentStrength likes this.
  18. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    At home sick. I'm going to take this time to look at the different ways people start in the fastlane.

I want to take some sort of action by the end of the week.

19. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    No action yet. Been struggling to find a way to start. I've been reading threads on ecommerce, import/export, buying/selling, etc.

I'm going to start selling all the electronics that are just wasting away on my desk. Maybe start flipping on craigslist until I can find someway to start.

20. Sadik

Rep Bank:
    $605
    Watch Gary V's 2017 challenge to learn about flipping stuff. (Google it)

Kingmaker likes this.
  21. DevinMK6

Rep Bank:
    $263
    I've seen it and thought it would be pretty cool to try out. Might have to give it a try