The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dont Read This Thread If You Are Older Than 25

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
I want to create a thread for young fastlaners like me.
So no matter if you're 16 oder 24, feel free to join this thread.
There is just one rule:
You have to answer 3 simple questions:

• Who are you? Introduce yourself to us!
  • What is your actual situation? Are you going to school, working? How is your fastlane business atm?
  • What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
For the beginning I will answer those questions by myself.

I'm 18 years old and from germany. At the moment I'm studiyng to finish my A-Levels in the next two months.
But I'm actually a bad student because instead of learning for school I spent my time on reading books like The Millionaire Fastlane .
Or taking courses on edx.org oder Udemy.

At the moment I'm validating some fastlane ideas.
I had some experience in the last summer, when I created my own lifestyleblog which had about 20.000 visitors in the first 3 weeks.
But in the past I couldn't figure out how to monetarise my blog. (Yeah I know Adwords and Affiliate Marketing, but that sucks.)

After school I'm going to university to study marketingmanagement oder something in that direction.
But I'll continue working on my fastlane business at the same time.

For the next weeks my tasks will be:
  • Studying (Chemics,Politics,Englisch and German)
  • Reading (At the moment "The Intelligent Investor")
  • Researching (To find a business idea and the right market for it)
What about you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I want to create a thread for young fastlaners like me.
So no matter if you're 16 oder 24, feel free to join this thread.
There is just one rule:
You have to answer 3 simple questions:

• Who are you? Introduce yourself to us!
  • What is your actual situation? Are you going to school, working? How is your fastlane business atm?
  • What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
For the beginning I will answer those questions by myself.

I'm 18 years old and from germany. At the moment I'm studiyng to finish my A-Levels in the next two months.
But I'm actually a bad student because instead of learning for school I spent my time on reading books like The Millionaire Fastlane .
Or taking courses on edx.org oder Udemy.

At the moment I'm validating some fastlane ideas.
I had some experience in the last summer, when I created my own lifestyleblog which had about 20.000 visitors in the first 3 weeks.
But in the past I couldn't figure out how to monetarise my blog. (Yeah I know Adwords and Affiliate Marketing, but that sucks.)

After school I'm going to university to study marketingmanagement oder something in that direction.
But I'll continue working on my fastlane business at the same time.

For the next weeks my tasks will be:
  • Studying (Chemics,Politics,Englisch and German)
  • Reading (At the moment "The Intelligent Investor")
  • Researching (To find a business idea and the right market for it)
What about you?

# 1, im 28 years old... so Im posting in this thread so you dont make the same mistake as I do.

Studying- BS degree in chemistry myself... read tons of things... didnt make money
Reading - one of my most favorite things to do.. i could read to no end... didnt make money
Researching- MY GOD! The worst thing i did to myself was researching, I researched everything from A-Z only to jump to another topic and research more! -STILL DIDNT MAKE MONEY!!

one thing you should do today.. is to TAKE ACTION!

SELL SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING! TRY TO GET A DOLLAR IN YOUR POCKET BY THE END OF THE WEEK! HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE IT!

the three things you mentioned is all a form of action faking without a clear goal or proof of concept, do something then study, read, research so you can better yourself at it.

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
# 1, im 28 years old... so Im posting in this thread so you dont make the same mistake as I do.

Studying- BS degree in chemistry myself... read tons of things... didnt make money
Reading - one of my most favorite things to do.. i could read to no end... didnt make money
Researching- MY GOD! The worst thing i did to myself was researching, I researched everything from A-Z only to jump to another topic and research more! -STILL DIDNT MAKE MONEY!!

one thing you should do today.. is to TAKE ACTION!

SELL SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING! TRY TO GET A DOLLAR IN YOUR POCKET BY THE END OF THE WEEK! HOW CAN YOU IMPROVE IT!

the three things you mentioned is all a form of action faking without a clear goal or proof of concept, do something then study, read, research so you can better yourself at it.

Thank you!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't think I ever made a formal introduction on this forum, so I guess I will do so now... one year later.

I am 22 years old, studying to become a Physical Therapist. Most, if not all of my classmates are all heading down the same path, to work at a hospital or own their own Physical Therapy clinic(they think this is the proper way to run a successful business... I would disagree.) My goals are slightly different from the rest, where I plan to either run home-care service within the healthcare area or invent/redesign underdeveloped technology within the healthcare/Physical Therapy setting.

Currently I am working on inventing my first product(totally different field,) we are on the final stages of prototyping as I have already designed the prototype using 3D printing and free computer software that my library offered. This will be first official business, although I quickly failed at many things due to a lack for thinking through the process and missing clear hurtles that would be incredibly difficult for a college student to overcome.

Although I am in a Doctorates program, midway through my graduate program I create time to work on my business. I can always wake up earlier or go to sleep later, or work during my lunch break just to move forward.

My best suggestion(although my knowledge is limited) is to think rationally about your business choice. If you are going to school, work within your limitations. Don't set yourself up for failure before you even begin. For example, you live at college... don't think about starting a mushroom(not illegal mushrooms xD) growing business... you need a dedicated space for that and a college dorm room is not the place.

Yes.

I did try this only 2 years ago. That failed hard.

Taking action is important as well. Listen to @jpanarra and what he had to say.

M4K001

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jan 13, 2017
Australia
Gday domifreezy

To answer your questions.

1) I am an 18 year old from Australia who is passionate about business!!

2) My situation is I have just finished school and am currently continuing work on my business. I started it as a learning project and it is doing quite well and have learnt heaps but there is a lot more that I plan to do to take it forward.

3) My goal is to have financial freedom and I plan to accomplish that by building up a business and investing so as to create a passive income that will support my desired lifestyle.

Personally I love reading as well and as @jpanarra said action is the most important thing. I find with my business if there is something that I want to improve, then I can read up on it and that way the knowledge is relevant and applicable.

As Dale Carnegie said, "knowledge isn't power until it's applied"

Best of luck with your fastlane business!

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
I don't think I ever made a formal introduction on this forum, so I guess I will do so now... one year later.

I am 22 years old, studying to become a Physical Therapist. Most, if not all of my classmates are all heading down the same path, to work at a hospital or own their own Physical Therapy clinic(they think this is the proper way to run a successful business... I would disagree.) My goals are slightly different from the rest, where I plan to either run home-care service within the healthcare area or invent/redesign underdeveloped technology within the healthcare/Physical Therapy setting.

Currently I am working on inventing my first product(totally different field,) we are on the final stages of prototyping as I have already designed the prototype using 3D printing and free computer software that my library offered. This will be first official business, although I quickly failed at many things due to a lack for thinking through the process and missing clear hurtles that would be incredibly difficult for a college student to overcome.

Although I am in a Doctorates program, midway through my graduate program I create time to work on my business. I can always wake up earlier or go to sleep later, or work during my lunch break just to move forward.

My best suggestion(although my knowledge is limited) is to think rationally about your business choice. If you are going to school, work within your limitations. Don't set yourself up for failure before you even begin. For example, you live at college... don't think about starting a mushroom(not illegal mushrooms xD) growing business... you need a dedicated space for that and a college dorm room is not the place.

Yes.

I did try this only 2 years ago. That failed hard.

Taking action is important as well. Listen to @jpanarra and what he had to say.

Thank you Mikkel! Nice to hear from you.
I've followed your FollowLiker Thread a long time :)

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
Gday domifreezy

To answer your questions.

1) I am an 18 year old from Australia who is passionate about business!!

2) My situation is I have just finished school and am currently continuing work on my business. I started it as a learning project and it is doing quite well and have learnt heaps but there is a lot more that I plan to do to take it forward.

3) My goal is to have financial freedom and I plan to accomplish that by building up a business and investing so as to create a passive income that will support my desired lifestyle.

Personally I love reading as well and as @jpanarra said action is the most important thing. I find with my business if there is something that I want to improve, then I can read up on it and that way the knowledge is relevant and applicable.

As Dale Carnegie said, "knowledge isn't power until it's applied"

Best of luck with your fastlane business!

Welcome aboard, Bro"!

axerei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 25, 2017
Stavanger
Hey Domifreezi, nice thread!

1) I'm 21 years old from Norway.

2) At the moment I'm going to school. I'm studying entrepreneurship and innovation. I have not started a business yet, I'm struggling with choosing one business. I have been researching a ton, reading forums and trying to figure out what problems I can fix. Probably a big mistake I realize after reading Jpanarra's post. But how can I take action, without knowing what to take action on?

3) I only have one goal this year. My goal is to start a business which makes xxx amount of dollars per day. For the future, i have bigger plans, but I would rather not share my biggest goals on the forum.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Whats the purpose of this being just for 16 to 24 year olds though?

Im trying to see what value comes out of just being young?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I would suggest you stop worrying about associating yourself with people of the same demographic and start trying to associate with people who share the same goals, or who have already walked the path you want to take.

I can see the appeal of trying to relate to those in the same place as you but it takes about 10 seconds of googling successful people to realize that age doesn't mean a damn thing in business.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Plus you miss out on some epic insights from us old farts.

I'm 35...does that put me in the "old fart" category? haha

Oh, and saying "don't read this thread if you're over 25" is a sure fire way to get people older than that reading it lol.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
The last time I was in a room with a bunch of people my own age was school, and I didn't learn shit. :clench:

Camaraderie is cool, but when I wanna learn I'm not going to other early 30s people, except @MidwestLandlord, but I'd bet $500 right now that most of the people in the next layer of management under him are probably older than him.... just sayin'

Everybody I go to for mentoring/learning in my "offline" life is at least early 40s. Why would I want to waste my time talking to people that haven't accomplished significantly more than me?

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Plus you miss out on some epic insights from us old farts.

I'm 35...does that put me in the "old fart" category? haha

Oh, and saying "don't read this thread if you're over 25" is a sure fire way to get people older than that reading it lol.

I thought that this was a catchy copywriting headline, actually... :happy:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Camaraderie is cool, but when I wanna learn I'm not going to other early 30s people, except @MidwestLandlord, but I'd bet $500 right now that most of the people in the next layer of management under him are probably older than him.... just sayin'

All except one are older, yeah. And I'm "mentoring" him into the fastlane. SO MUCH potential in that guy.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
All except one are older, yeah. And I'm "mentoring" him into the fastlane. SO MUCH potential in that guy.

Figured I was right, and initially had $1000 bet, but I changed it to $500 so that if I lost I'd be able to do a quick rep transfer and then claim I was talking about rep bank dollars if you wanted your damn money. Gotta hedge. :clench:

Sadik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
Jan 26, 2017
Kolkata, India
Bruce Lee wrote this letter when he was all of 21 years old. I warn you, you will have to read this many times to fully comprehend what he says,

Dear Pearl,

This letter is hard to understand. It contains my dreams and my ways of thinking, as a whole, you can call it my way of life. It will be rather confusing as it is difficult to write down exactly how I feel. Yet I want to write and let you know about it. I’ll do my best to write it clearly and I hope that you, too, will keep an open mind in this letter, and don’t arrive at any conclusions till you are finished.

There are two ways of making a good living, one is the result of hard working, and the other, the result of the imagination (requires work, too, of course). It is a fact that labour and thrift produce a competence, but fortune, in the sense of wealth, is the reward of the man who can think of something that hasn’t been thought of before. In every industry, in every profession, ideas are what America is looking for. Ideas have made America what she is, and one good idea will make a man what he wants to be.

One part of my life is gung fu. This art influences me greatly in the formation of my character and ideas. I practice gung fu as a physical culture, a form of mental training, a method of self-defense, and a way of life. Gung fu is the best of all martial art; yet the Chinese derivatives of judo and karate, which are only basics of gung fu, are flourishing all over the U.S. This so happens because no one has heard of this supreme art; also there are no competent instructors… I believe my long years of practice back up my title to become the first instructor of this movement. There are yet long years ahead of me to polish my techniques and character. My aim, therefore, is to establish a first Gung Fu Institute that will later spread out all over the U.S. (I have set up a time limit of 10 to 15 years to complete the whole project). My reason in doing this is not the sole objective of making money. The motives are many and among them are: I like to let the world know about the greatness of this Chinese art; I enjoy teaching and helping people; I like to have a well-to-do home for my family; I like to originate something; and the last but yet one of the important is because gung fu is part of myself.

I know my idea is right, and therefore the results would be satisfactory.I don’t really worry about the reward, but to set in motion the machinery to achieve it. My contribution will be the measure of my reward and success.

Before he passed away, some asked the late Dr Charles P. Steimetz, the electrical genius, in his opinion “What branch of science would make the most progress in the next twenty-five years?” He paused and thought for several minutes then like a flash replied, “spiritual realisation.” When a man comes to a conscious vital realisation of those great spiritual forces within himself and begins to use those forces in science, in business and in life, his progress in the future will be unparalleled.

I feel I have this great creative and spiritual force within me that is greater than faith, greater than ambition, greater than confidence, greater than determination, greater than vision. It is all these combined. My brain becomes magnetized with this domination force which I hold in my hand.

When you drop a pebble into a pool of water, the pebble starts a series of ripples that expand until they encompass the whole pool. This is exactly what will happen when I give my ideas a definite plan of action. Right now, I can project my thoughts into the future, I can see ahead of me. I dream (remember that practical dreamers never quit). I may now own nothing but a little place down in basement, but once my imagination has got up to a full head of steam, I can see painted on a canvas of my mind a picture of a fine, big five or six storey Gung Fu Institute with branches all over the States. I am not easily discouraged, readily visualize myself as overcoming obstacles, winning out over setbacks, achieving “impossible” objectives.

Whether it is the God-head or not, I feel this great force, this unstopped power, this dynamic something within me. This feeling defies description, and [there is] no experience with which this feeling may be compared. It is something like a strong emotion mixed with faith, but a lot stronger.

All in all, the goal of my planning and doing is to find the true meaning in life — peace of mind. I know that the sum of all the possessions I mentioned does not necessarily add up to peace of mind; however, it can be if I devote [my energy] to real accomplishment of self rather than neurotic combat. In order to achieve this peace of mind, the teaching of detachment of Taoism and Zen proved to be valuable….

Probably, people will say I’m too conscious of success. Well, I am not. You see, my will to do springs from the knowledge that I CAN DO. I’m only being natural, for there is no fear or doubt inside my mind.

Pearl, success comes to those who become success-conscious. If you don’t aim at an object, how the heck on earth do you think you can get it?’

Warm regards,
Bruce

Sourced from Bruce Lee: The Inevitability of Success

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Yea! Screw old people! We don't need them!! What do they have to offer?? Advice constructed from years of experience in pursuing and achieving goals we want to achieve??? Bologna!

d86e9b0e96524020adab51ba9b910fe5.jpg

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I opened the thread just because of the title (I am over 25) - well played but I can see it was unintentional ;)

Michał Kóska

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 10, 2015
The under 25 title is catchy, I'm 26 so illegal here lol. I think you can learn more from 'old farts' on this forum rather than young people who may not have any experience. Your choice and welcome to the forum :)

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Seemed like you attracted more >25s with that thread than you wanted.

I'm 25, work FT as a doctor.
Last week my partners rejected a 400£k investment (Medical Tech) and blown the opportunity to have an industry leading expert on board. I'm pissed.

Regarding Age; I found young people to be extremely hungry but old farts do have that experience that is really valuable. Shouldn't exclude yourself from either group.

rsj

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami
  • Who are you? Im 20 and i work as a software developer
  • What is your actual situation? I work at a food distribution company as a software developer and I'm pretty underpaid, went through my first failed business and it hit me with analysis paralysis, but im back on track now
  • What are your goals? free by 25

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
When I see a sign saying "Don't walk on the grass", the first thought that pops into my head is Richard Gere walking on the grass in Pretty Woman. I suddenly want to take off my shoes and socks and walk on the grass. Maybe they should have said "Walk on the pavement" ?

I always wonder about those signs that say: "In the event of a fire, don't use the lifts". Surely when there's a fire and you're panicking then all you're going to see are "fire" and "use the lifts". Maybe they should say "In the event of fire, use the stairs" ?

Tell my kids not to run and I'll end up telling them not to hop, then not to skip, then not to dance, until I finally remember to tell them to walk.

Just some tips on park management, fire safety, and getting young and grown-up kids to do what you want instead of what you don't want.

TL;DR?

Don't tell people what you don't want them to do.

Oops.

Tell people what you want them to do.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom
21, unemployed and living with mommy and daddy. Reading into Machine Learning and will churn out a trained neural net for a useful application by the end of the weak. Oh yeah, Im from the UK and don't have a drivers licence.

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
When I see a sign saying "Don't walk on the grass", the first thought that pops into my head is Richard Gere walking on the grass in Pretty Woman. I suddenly want to take off my shoes and socks and walk on the grass. Maybe they should have said "Walk on the pavement" ?

I always wonder about those signs that say: "In the event of a fire, don't use the lifts". Surely when there's a fire and you're panicking then all you're going to see are "fire" and "use the lifts". Maybe they should say "In the event of fire, use the stairs" ?

Tell my kids not to run and I'll end up telling them not to hop, then not to skip, then not to dance, until I finally remember to tell them to walk.

Just some tips on park management, fire safety, and getting young and grown-up kids to do what you want instead of what you don't want.

TL;DR?

Oops.

Well that was in a way my thought when I created this Headline.

MR curious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 20, 2017
india
1) 16 yr old from india.
2)studing in +1 commerce ,I have read mfl and in search of fl business.
I read books on business and watch motivation videos and get pumped up but never took action on them .I know I have to change my mindset and habits something pull me back and stop me from taking action.
3)I have found a business idea (but it break commandment of entry ). so I think I have to find another business idea and execute it well.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017

TL;DR?

Oops.

I believe this is so powerful stuff that it needs to be quoted and read again.

Oh, and I'm 34. Screw your rules.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.