The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 years after : reading TMF for the 2nd time

Share your FTE moment...

fulguratorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 24, 2019
Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I'm in the middle of reading TMF for the second time. Lovin' it.

I'll be 25 in a couple months, and I'm not quite happy with my current circumstances.

I want to impact people's lives, and I figured I could do this through writing.
So yesterday I've signed up on Twitter and challenged myself to publish at least 1 tweet per day for a week.
Keepin' it simple.

Why Twitter ? The 280 characters limit forces me to go to the point. Write, edit, edit some more and publish.

I write about things I'm curious about, what I'm learning, the problems I'm facing and the solutions I'm coming up with. We could say I'm documenting.

That's it for now folks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome!

IMO, Quora is a lot better media for that, if you want to write and write.

Plus, Quora provides you with questions to answer on various topics. Which makes your writing a lot more focused from the start, even if you don't have a starting aim to begin with. For twitter, you've got to figure out the best topics to write on yourself.

Unlike Twitter, which can be filled with a lot of celebrity noise, Quora still has a decent proportion of intellectuals and experts that discuss stuff on a daily basis.

And the Quora upvoting system that serves as a feedback mechanism feels a lot more decent to me, rather than the Twitter noise.

In fact, Quora may sometimes have local events in your area.

I just joined a Quora outing in the local park somewhere in KL, where I got to meet some of the active Malaysian posters face to face. Had quite the discussion on the differences between US and UK health systems, and Iban head-hunting...:happy::rofl:

Anyway, you can try out both channels for some time, and see which one has better responses and content to follow up, as in trends and others.

fulguratorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 24, 2019
Hey @ZF Lee, thanks.

It's funny you mention Quora because I wrote a dozen answers last month (French Quora).
One of them had ~2.5k views ~60 upvotes and 1 share!

The thing is... I have a tendency to be inconsistent (it's been a month since I've wrote an answer) and overthink things.

I figured it would be easier for me to start (very) small : at least 1 tweet per day. That's 280 characters or less – easy enough. What I need right now is building confidence in my ability to write on a daily basis.

I'll keep you updated on this Quora thing.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)
Focus on solving problems.

Don't just do what you are passionate about!

Do you have an end game? Or are you just taking action to temporarily feel good?

Remember time is your most important asset

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
Welcome!

IMO, Quora is a lot better media for that, if you want to write and write.

Plus, Quora provides you with questions to answer on various topics. Which makes your writing a lot more focused from the start, even if you don't have a starting aim to begin with. For twitter, you've got to figure out the best topics to write on yourself.

Unlike Twitter, which can be filled with a lot of celebrity noise, Quora still has a decent proportion of intellectuals and experts that discuss stuff on a daily basis.

And the Quora upvoting system that serves as a feedback mechanism feels a lot more decent to me, rather than the Twitter noise.

In fact, Quora may sometimes have local events in your area.

I just joined a Quora outing in the local park somewhere in KL, where I got to meet some of the active Malaysian posters face to face. Had quite the discussion on the differences between US and UK health systems, and Iban head-hunting...:happy::rofl:

Anyway, you can try out both channels for some time, and see which one has better responses and content to follow up, as in trends and others.
Tbh Quora is getting shitty now. I got around 250k+ views writing shit and that got more upvotes(around 20k) than writing an actually decent answer. People usually read relationship advice and funny life stories there.
If your answer is politically inclined to one side, people of certain agenda will report your answer and profile and get you banned.
Then again, I might not see the big picture. I consider writing in the FastLane forum to be much better. I actually have to think before writing, nobody here will accept garbage posts.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I'm in the middle of reading TMF for the second time. Lovin' it.

I'll be 25 in a couple months, and I'm not quite happy with my current circumstances.

So yesterday I've signed up on Twitter and challenged myself to publish at least 1 tweet per day for a week.
Keepin' it simple.

Why Twitter ? The 280 characters limit forces me to go to the point. Write, edit, edit some more and publish.

I write about things I'm curious about, what I'm learning, the problems I'm facing and the solutions I'm coming up with. We could say I'm documenting.

That's it for now folks.

This sounds more like an action-fake than anything. What's the long-game vision? And will tweeting once a day help get you there?

Welcome to the forum, appreciate the intro!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
When do you plan to do this part every day?

Ask yourself better questions....

How many people could I help? What would that look like? What would I do to help them?
Let's get going here!!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Tbh Quora is getting shitty now. I got around 250k+ views writing shit and that got more upvotes(around 20k) than writing an actually decent answer. People usually read relationship advice and funny life stories there.
If your answer is politically inclined to one side, people of certain agenda will report your answer and profile and get you banned.
Then again, I might not see the big picture. I consider writing in the FastLane forum to be much better. I actually have to think before writing, nobody here will accept garbage posts.
Yeah...I get some random a$$ question like 'Did Bill Gates go to college' hahaha.

Somehow I look at the heavy-hitters on Quora, those with a few million views and a few thousand upvotes per post. Many of the posts are not on life advice, but business (the hard part, not the motivational crap), finance, the global system and engineering. So I guess there's still some quality on the platform, for the best folks to stay on it.

I know posters like Sean Kernan goes around trolling on Quora lol, but that's just his way of standing out.

Some make it big on the platform by being factual, and some, well, otherwise.

Up to you to decide what angle to put your posts around, be it based on your personality or industry knowledge.

On political questions...I'm not so sure how to go about it, except that to try to support your pointers with solid evidence. The heavily biased political posts that are most likely to anger folks tend to go without that kind of documentation.

fulguratorski

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 24, 2019
Ask yourself better questions....

How many people could I help? What would that look like? What would I do to help them?
Let's get going here!!

For starters, I could help 1 person.
Maybe that would take the form of a conversation (1 to 1), rather than tweets (1 to many).
I could join a Facebook group (or create one) and contribute: start sharing my experiences, asking and answering questions.
And maybe getting back to Quora.

This sounds more like an action-fake than anything. What's the long-game vision? And will tweeting once a day help get you there?

Meh, it does sound like action-faking.
What's the long-game vision ? I'd say "help/educate/inspire people with the written word".
Tweeting at least once a day will not likely get me there. A book will likely get me there, but on a daily basis, Quora might be a better platform than Twitter.

Thank you both for your inputs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.