The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

3 years after reading The Millionaire Fastlane and 3 Companies later

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jtmoniii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Oct 23, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I read read "THE BOOK" approximately 3 years ago and thought I would share my successes and failures in trying to get to The Fastlane.

Obviously, since this was 3 years ago, and I'm still not a millionaire (depending on how you value somethings) I've made more mistakes than accomplishments. However, it's been one hell of an education that I actually wouldn't trade for anything.

My first idea was a joke book. Think "pet rock" type idea. I was trying to "provide value" and "effect the masses" It was a $10 physical book. It sold well and I probably could have sold double what I did, but I knew it was a fad, and didn't want to take too much inventory risk. It was a seasonal Christmas gift. I made around $10k in profit, and promptly blew it all over the next year traveling (Bali and Alps).

I'm sure some actual fastlaners are wanting to kick me in the nuts after reading the last sentence. Believe me, if you met me in-person...I would let you.

Learning lesson: I want higher priced, higher value products...focused on businesses.

My second idea was a SaaS company. I really thought this was "the idea" it had all fastlane requirements. However, I made two big mistakes: I violated the commandment of control (I had business partners) and I violated the biggest commandment I have problems with, I violated the commandment of monogamy." After about 9 months, I was REALLY disappointed with promises businesses partners made.

This business is still around, I'm in the middle of selling it now....

Third idea is what I'm trying to focus on. Right now it's just a ghetto site. But I've been at it for about 1.5 years. I'm really focused on "providing value" versus "what can I sell"

I'm really excited about 2015, because I'm going to join "The INSIDERS" and I'm going to FOCUS!!!!

I can't think MJ DeMarco enough for writing this book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
''In failure, success is waiting, the question is are you going to dig deep and go get it, or are you gonna leave it for the next guy?''

Good luck on your next venture!

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
Hey you're not too far from me. I have family in Chattanooga. Congrats!:tiphat:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.