The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

One year after reading TMF

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
355%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
This is not a bragging thread (in case some people perceive it as such), I only want to express gratitude for everything this community has done for me personally.

I've been meaning to make a progress thread for awhile now, but since this summer has been crazy busy, I've been putting it off- but I digress.

Just over a year I was working at Mens Wearhouse selling suits full time and living with my parents. I knew there was more to life, and a better way to live and become successful. I discovered Tai Lopez around this time and did his 67 steps. Most of it was horseshit but the key takeaway was to read everything I could get my hands on.

I started to do freelance dating coaching on the side for extra cash, but it definitely wasn't fastlane. It was however the first time I had made money for myself without having a boss or seeing someone skimming off of the top. I'll never forget the moment when the guy handed me that cash.

Anyways, most business books I had read before this just touched on living the entrepreneur lifestyle as this "fun" thing to do on the side, almost like something you can brag about to your buddies or girls at the club.

Then I discovered TMF .

The part when MJ left everything to move to AZ impacted me in a huge way- here was this guy like me who spent all his spare time reading and educating himself taking the ultimate step, "burning all the boats".

So I copied him.

I moved to Canada last year and enrolled in school. I'm now in my second year of University (I turn 24 tomorrow, by the way) majoring in marketing.

But my most prideful achievement is that I finally quit my job in April, and have been making ~$4,000 a month from home.

To me this is absolutely unfathomable. I finally bought a car! It's a piece of shit Ford Taurus from 2001, but it's a set of wheels. I even have an office room (with a bitchin' desktop), and I can afford fresh food- not always eating the frozen shit. So F*cking great.
But the absolute best part about it? I have FREE TIME. Working from home means I can get all my work done before noon, catch my classes in the afternoon and study or hang out with my friends or girlfriend, with whom I live with and she helps me with my clients, too.

Obviously this is only the beginning, and who knows there things will go from here. I haven't completely divorced time for money yet, but I am completely mobile. So now I just need employees or something. Who knows?

So that's pretty much it, I just wanted to throw a huge shoutout to the people here whose posts keep me motivated on a daily basis: @Fox @Roli @AndrewNC @MJ DeMarco and everyone else who makes this hardass community so great.

TL;DR
Poor kid reads fast lane, is now middle class hooray Trump 2016

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007