The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 Awesome Cars

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Whenever I take a break or need some motivation, I usually look up cars on the web, sometimes ones I may be able to get soon and some I might be able to get on day. Recently, the CLS 550 has begun to catch my eye as a competitor with the C63, the C63 would probably run about 90k with performance package and some customization, I could get away with 95k for the CLS550 which does have a TT V8 in it, but due to the weight is substantially slower than the C63. Its also much classier but does have an older feel to it, especially if I was looking to buy one at lets say 18, the C63 has more cheapy plastic in the interior and looks like a C class from the outside (the exhaust note might give it away though ;)). I can see myself loosing my licence with the c36 really easily, it also does terrible in snow so I would need a beater but I am getting a cheap car courtesy of my parents pretty soon that would do. I was just wondering what you all would get if you had plenty of money to spend and you had to choose between the 2. Vids below:

SaabKyle is my go to guy for luxury car reviews, he makes consistent and quality vids!

CLS550 Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVzzFGShgSQ

C63 Video: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Tour - YouTube

What C63 will be close to with mods (included in 90k price-tag): The Ultimate Mercedes C63 AMG Exhaust Tuning Video - YouTube (I've show this before, I love this vid!)

Prefer the coupe C63, not the sedan ^^^

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
The Lamborghini Gallardo Nera with cream interior and cream calipers is my dream car. When im driving around in my old clunker i pretend i'm driving it :smx9:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I personally would go for one of those beautiful S63 AMGs and would consider an E63 a worthy compromise. But I am a big dude. Never been a small car kinda guy. :D

Im sure the C63 would destroy me in a drag race though.

Im curious Mike, since you love the go fast stuff, why are you not posting up about the CTSV? Now that thing is FAST!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Dream car here is a Rolls Royce Ghost EWB. Grey with Black/dark wood interior

A Lexus LX570 as my tear it up off road vehicle and to tow. Grey with grey.

And a sports car would have to be something like a Ferrari in Red if im comfortable driving it probably too small for my tastes.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
[video=youtube;XCWPPBvD_Ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWPPBvD_Ac[/video]

It just... purrs.

My favorite (my old avatar pic):

[video=youtube;7g9FkoACo0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g9FkoACo0g[/video]

As for a daily driver, I want a Ferrari 360 Modena, like the one biophase has. In silver. Those typical Ferrari and Lamborghini colors don't really interest me: gotta be in silver :D

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Sorry it was late and I accidentally put up 2 C63 links, here is the link for the CLS: 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Launch Edition Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Tour - YouTube

On the topic of dream cars I would like a Merci or Aventador M.O.'d and TT'd, a S65 black or darker silver/grey, an SL63, and of course if I had the money I would get a Veyron

But back to the topic if you HAD to choose between the C63 and the CLS, which would it be?

AcquireCurrency

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jul 20, 2011
12.jpg

4.jpg

I love Superleggeras

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
At the moment I'd opt for a BMW X6 M Hamann edition. Big, spacious and very quick.

[video=youtube;w7b6aFYVUTY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7b6aFYVUTY[/video]

Of the Amg mercs I always like the black editions.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Last edited by a moderator:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
As a daily driver or as a racer?

I don't know jack about racing, but judging just by the looks of it I'd go with the C63.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The C63 is cheap? Have you ever driven one? For its price point I don't see a problem with the interior.

Also $90k on a C63? How? Drive it before you send it off to Brabus, they are pretty quick stock. You can pick them up slightly used pretty cheap. More power out of a RWD car isn't always better.

Again driven a CLS? They are very fast and very nice handling cars.

I prefer the larger Mercedes, I think an S65 AMG will be my next car, or maybe a Brabus tuned one if I can find it. My buddy seems good at locating them, he just found a CL600 with about 800hp that's amazing looking. I also prefer cars that are somewhat low profile looking, ie I'd replace S65 AMG trunk badges with S550 4Matic. Problem with loud cars is they draw attention from people you don't want, ie cops and kids in ricers. Low profile cars only draw attention from people who really know what they are looking at. I can hide with a black S class Merc, but a yellow Ferrari? NFW.

[video=youtube;ZeiLGSB32sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeiLGSB32sU[/video]

They go pretty good, my friend has a 625hp Brabus tuned E55 AMG with 140k hard, hard miles on it and its still as good as new. I wonder how many Italian exotics rack up that kind of mileage...

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I've just heard that the C63's have a less appealing interior than expected for a 60k car, the 90k would be for: some options on the car (nav, AMG tuning package, etc, a agency valvetronic exhaust (even though the stock exhaust sounds like heaven, then I can hide the beast when I want to), stone grey matte wrap with blacked out tags (trend setting here :)), and some other gizmos and gadgets like radar detector, tint etc, may be able to get it down to 60-70k with a 1-2 year used car

I think I am leaning back towards the C63 because driving a CLS around as a 16 year old I think would look like I was just driving my dads car for the day haha, not a big fan of brabus though, would rather build my own car ;)). In general, I just love mercs for some reason, they feel solid as a rock to drive and you can drive them like you said for a loonnnggg time if need be, not a big fan of the super flashy car but I'm not looking for a sleeper either

Their just awesome cars, here's a CLS63 vs an R8 with the CLS winning!
[video=youtube;nNa4ZCJYDWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNa4ZCJYDWQ[/video]

Well, first comes making the money for me haha, but its definitely a nice goal to set at the end of the rainbow, it will be tough to not spend the first 90k I make on one but that would be just stupid

Heres what I had in mind for a wrap: anderson-germany-audi-s8-1.jpg

Last but not least, I would love to hear about your RE development experience as that is what I would ultimately love to end up doing, PM me sometime!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I wasn to ride down the road like im in a luxury office, if its fast, cool. :D

S550 hits 60 in about 5. That works.

Put me down for a GL550 too.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I don't really understand the flat paint job fad but to each their own. To me it just looks like a beater primer paint job, but than again I have owned cars with paint that bad in the past. I guess for those that haven't it may have an appeal.

On a more practical note they are just about impossible to keep clean and looking good from what I hear.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
360 CS black wheels, yellow calipers

Perfection

6351555351_f230c536f7_b.jpg

Pretty sexy.

Please excuse my mistakes, Im using tapatalk and a mobile device.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm more of a Ferrari guy due to their race-bred nature (I know, car snob blah blah), but the Lamborghini Aventador is amazing both aesthetically and functionally (redesigned frame, suspension, etc.).

3107-2-awesome-cars-lamborghini-aventador-opt-1298576388.jpg

Attachments

• lamborghini-aventador-opt-1298576388.jpg
    lamborghini-aventador-opt-1298576388.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,567
Last edited by a moderator:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I like the 360 but the 355 is my huckleberry.

When I was a kid that was the car, and I still think its the sexist sounding F car this side of the F40 or one of the racers like the 333SP.

[video=youtube;jPzzEBq-Oco]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPzzEBq-Oco&feature=fvwrel[/video]

I like the older fire breathers. Unlike today's cars they really did try to kill you.

[video=youtube;EwdUD6BKU7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwdUD6BKU7o&feature=fvwrel[/video]

Auto Union made some nice cars.

Lets see in the 30's, Ferrari and Lambo were not even dreams, Alfa was where it was at. BMW made airplane engines and motorcycles with a couple cars, Mercedes was king in Germany, Porsche was busy not building cars. Duesenberg and Packard were the best cars in the world, the Duesenberg still is.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Alright I have a new question!!!! C63 or a Nissan GTR? Still love the Merc but the lure of a performance monster like the GTR for the same price is intriguing. For a 16-18 year old, not an adult...

jljtech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2012
Florida
Ok, i saw the thread and just had to share this. If you havent seen it, ENJOY!

[video=youtube;m5_AKjDdqaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_AKjDdqaU[/video]

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Alright I have a new question!!!! C63 or a Nissan GTR? Still love the Merc but the lure of a performance monster like the GTR for the same price is intriguing. For a 16-18 year old, not an adult...

GTR that things a beast.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ok, i saw the thread and just had to share this. If you havent seen it, ENJOY!

[video=youtube;m5_AKjDdqaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_AKjDdqaU[/video]

Wow, I didnt like the lexus' look very much. Too fast and furious for my tastes.

Really in this range for me it is all about looks and the lambo is the best looking by far.

Please excuse my mistakes, Im using tapatalk and a mobile device.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
If you want looks, get the Aventador, if you want the price tag and the performance, get the Veyron

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Neither you will kill yourself, way to much car for a new driver.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Neither you will kill yourself, way to much car for a new driver.

Why do people always say that, whats the difference between me and some 30 year old guy who hasn't driven a car over 150hp all his life going and buying this car?

I see your point though, what would you suggest as a luxury car that would allow me to get used to having more power without having a beast sitting under the hood, a good starter car. (around 70-90k new)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Screw that, go for it. Just respect the vehicle. I don't think the benzes you like are too much at all. Fricking Justin Bieber has a lambo. He is a douche and he can obviously handle horsepower without dying.:rofl:

Giles

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 11, 2007
Why do people always say that, whats the difference between me and some 30 year old guy who hasn't driven a car over 150hp all his life going and buying this car?

16 years of driving experience :)

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Still would get the C63, but if I HAD to choose something else the E550 Coupe would be tamer and around the same price, or the cls but I still think it would look like I'm driving my dads car haha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.