The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 Awesome Cars

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Other cars I would restore that look awesome:

I don't know what it is about older cars but they are just cool to look at for some reason, not sure I would enjoy driving one but I think an awesome project would be to take an older car like one of these and make them like new (new engine and all)

I just picked up a 1985 6 series.
kinda like this, same color, but doesn't look this nice or have such nicer wheels.

bmw-635csi-03.jpg

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Neat car though!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
The difference between a CLS63AMG and a CLS550 are quite large, and its going to take more than a Renntech ECU flash to make a 550 run like a 63.

AMG changes more than just the motor.

Oh and with a bit of work from Brabus or Renntech and some slicks a CLS63 will run a high 10 second 1/4 mile.

Its always cheaper to start with an already fast car if you want to make a really fast car. Now if you just want a warmed up CLS than an ECU flashed 550 is a pretty good choice.

The speed limiter is done because of a gentleman's agreement in Germany which is usually ignored. 130 is so they can use cheaper tires vs 155. Taking the limiter off is easy, un limited I would expect a top end in the 205-215 range.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I like s classes as well, I could see having one as a DD when I get older, not a fan of the GLK however, in fact I am not a huge fan of any of the merc suv's besides maybe the g63 or g65 (yes there is such a thing)

The G wagon is awesome, I was driving my buddies the other day.

Near as I can tell its the perfect SUV. It looks great outside of the most exclusive country club, hotel, yacht club, you can visit, yet in the back woods hunting and pulling ATV's around its also perfect.

GLK's an d ML's are big vans.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Rennetech S class oooooooh ahhhhhhhh, im gonna get the ecu flash when I get my car.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I really like the E550C's looks (pillarless? windows, 400lb's lighter than the cls) but the fact that it doesn't come in 4Matic for the winter, I know I need 4 wheel drive in the winter and I can't rent a car for 3 or so months because I'm not 18, maybe my parents could rent/lease like a 4runner and let me use it during the winter. I will probably be 18 before I can afford anything like this so it probably wont matter anyways haha. Renntech S class, E class, CLS, all of them would be awesome

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Rennetech S class oooooooh ahhhhhhhh, im gonna get the ecu flash when I get my car.

Yeah my next MB will be a 2010 or newer S600 with the Renntech R1 upgrade. I think power goes to 640 and torque to 780. Its cheap, $3,500.

Pretty fast and cheaper than an S65 AMG.

But my favorite S class was an S65 based Brabus monster that was for sale awhile ago. I think that car had 800hp and 1,100 foot pounds!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ah I will be getting the S550. Anything faster would really get me in trouble. But I do need to burn BMW 750s and all ricers. :D

Thinking something like this.
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=77380&endYear=2013&modelCode1=S550&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MB&listingType=used&searchRadius=500&maxPrice=35000&listingId=325627620&Log=0

Now something like that is my plan in the next few months. Eventually, I could see myself in a RR Phantom.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Finally got a car, it's an 06 VW Passat GLX, it has a V6, AWD, 100k miles. Does 0-60 in 6.5, planning on getting a turbo put in, all in all I like it a lot, never though I would get a VW, I have always disliked Audi's etc, maybe I will be converted (still love merc's over anything) haha

IMAG0523.jpgIMAG0524.jpgIMAG0525.jpg

Saw this last weekend, very motivational, guy was a prick though haha

IMAG0521.jpgIMAG0522.jpg

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Finally got a car, it's an 06 VW Passat GLX, it has a V6, AWD, 100k miles. Does 0-60 in 6.5, planning on getting a turbo put in, all in all I like it a lot, never though I would get a VW, I have always disliked Audi's etc, maybe I will be converted (still love merc's over anything) haha

Congrats. Forget the turbo...

You think the Bentley Drivers are pricks, wait until you meet the Viper crowd.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Congrats on the new car. I would just leave it stock if I were you. I bought some parts to put on my car and regret it now, wish I put the money towards my apps.

That is a nice Bentley, too bad about the guy. We have a local guy with a Murc who is like that, can't even compliment them on the car without them being a dick. I understand they get bugged a ton because of the car but when you drive it to a busy plaza, that is expected.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Actually, the Bentley does not get as much attn as you would think, that is why I like it so much. I think most people think that people that drive Bentley's are pricks, but we are not. I mean just last month I gave a homeless guy 25 cents.

The Ferrari on the other hand, every place I go people are taking pictures, giving the thumbs up, etc.

Hlaz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Jul 30, 2012
Chicago
slk55 amg is a fun car. Drove the non v8 one and it feels like a luxury gocart with a v8 it would be fast. Kind of a chick car but who cares there is pros to that fact too. For a 05-08 slk55 is only 25k. I plan to get one one day.

My next car is going to be a scion tc when I find a good deal on craigslist with low miles. 30 mpg. Reliable Toyota engine. Double panoramic sunroof. Sporty look.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Actually, the Bentley does not get as much attn as you would think, that is why I like it so much. I think most people think that people that drive Bentley's are pricks, but we are not. I mean just last month I gave a homeless guy 25 cents.

The Ferrari on the other hand, every place I go people are taking pictures, giving the thumbs up, etc.

Makes sense, not as many people know Bentley like Ferrari. Although car people can tell right away, to some the Bentley probably just looks like a nice car. I'm a huge Bentley fan, clean, fast, luxurious car, all around awesome. Are the Bentley and Ferrari your only cars?

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Lol, usually the beater are what people drive most of the time. But when you have the cars, might as well enjoy them. Better than them collecting dust in the garage.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Lol, usually the beater are what people drive most of the time. But when you have the cars, might as well enjoy them. Better than them collecting dust in the garage.

Well the Bentley has passed 20k miles... So it is getting to that beater category. :)

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well no, but I drive them 99.9999% of the time. I have a beater that I put maybe 500 miles on last year and then of course the wife has a car she drives.

I thought you were joking the first time, YOU HAVE A BENTLEY AS WELL?!?!?! Holy mother of god, who are you? Please put up a pic of your cars if you have some/get a chance :)

Well the Bentley has passed 20k miles... So it is getting to that beater category.

:icon_fU:......... :rofl:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Finally got a car, it's an 06 VW Passat GLX, it has a V6, AWD, 100k miles.

Congrats man.

I thought you were joking the first time, YOU HAVE A BENTLEY AS WELL?!?!?! Holy mother of god, who are you? Please put up a pic of your cars if you have some/get a chance

Search and you shall find.

Well the Bentley has passed 20k miles... So it is getting to that beater category.

I'll make this easy. I'll take that pile off your hands and hook you up with a super cherry GMC Envoy.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
I don't have many pics of them together but here is one I took with some friends of mine.. Mine are the two in the middle.

pic33.jpg

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I have the biggest grin on my face right now lol

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nice cars Jack! I love the Bentley, I like how large those cars are in person. I bet it is ridiculously comfortable.

MIKE Forget the damn turbo. Your car is plenty quick! All the tuner crap does is make your car less reliable and valuable. I've been there. My last car is LONG gone and I socked all kinds of money into loud exhaust, rims, suspension, shit I even put nitrous in it. It was dumb.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I guess I'll save the nice mods for the E550C I am going to buy myself on my 18th birthday :eek:

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Nice cars Jack! I love the Bentley, I like how large those cars are in person. I bet it is ridiculously comfortable.

Talk about comfort.

About 6 months ago this young war hero in a new mustang pulled up next to me, with the I want to race look, I was like ok.. So I showed him how fast a Bentley goes and subsequently how much faster than the new mustang it is.

When we stopped at the next light, he stopped waved with a smile. It took all my might to not tell him that I had beaten him with the massage option going in my seat.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
LMAO. Well that is what a V12 with twin turbos and AWD gets ya. That's the kind of car I want. I don't have kids or anything do 2 doors is fine, but I don't like small cars so it rules out a lot of cool 2 doors.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I guess I'll save the nice mods for the E550C I am going to buy myself on my 18th birthday :eek:

If you are going to mod it send it to Brabus or Rennatech.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
RennTech probably, but that is to be discussed when the money is sitting in the bank :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.