The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 Awesome Cars

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, i saw the thread and just had to share this. If you havent seen it, ENJOY!

[video=youtube;m5_AKjDdqaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_AKjDdqaU[/video]

Sort of strange why even bring the Lexus. It was already written in stone it would lose by a lot.

Same with the Mclaren vs the Bugotti. Why not bring cars that are close to the same speed to make it interesting.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Why do people always say that, whats the difference between me and some 30 year old guy who hasn't driven a car over 150hp all his life going and buying this car?

I see your point though, what would you suggest as a luxury car that would allow me to get used to having more power without having a beast sitting under the hood, a good starter car. (around 70-90k new)

Cause your young and inexperienced.

Many a 16 year old with a shiny new M3 or Corvette has bought it, don't add your name to that list.

Their is a reason why a 16 year old with such a car will pay thousands, and thousands in insurance.

I'd recommend starting with an C300 4Matic than moving on from their after a few years.

I was a kid too, we all were. I remember when I was 17 in HS hanging out the window of my friends 7 series at 90 and throwing Chinese food at my other buddies Tahoe. Age fixes stuff like that.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Rear wheel drive care with a lot of power can be too much too handle no matter how old you are if you are not careful.

Google viper dealership crash.

It really is amazing how many vipers were crashed at the dealership when a person left their car to be repaired.

Including repair guys, salesmen, sales managers and even a couple dealership owners.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Cause your young and inexperienced.

Many a 16 year old with a shiny new M3 or Corvette has bought it, don't add your name to that list.

Their is a reason why a 16 year old with such a car will pay thousands, and thousands in insurance.

I'd recommend starting with an C300 4Matic than moving on from their after a few years.

I was a kid too, we all were. I remember when I was 17 in HS hanging out the window of my friends 7 series at 90 and throwing Chinese food at my other buddies Tahoe. Age fixes stuff like that.

I think there is some underlying feeling adults/older people have that a kid/teenager shouldn't be successful until they are at least 25 :rofl:. A C300, why not an E class coupe, or a CLS? Is it something other than performance? If I had the financial situation and 60k-90k was well within my budget, why should I get an entry level C class?

Rear wheel drive care with a lot of power can be too much too handle no matter how old you are if you are not careful.

Google viper dealership crash.

It really is amazing how many vipers were crashed at the dealership when a person left their car to be repaired.

Including repair guys, salesmen, sales managers and even a couple dealership owners.

Agreed, but the point being those guys were not all teenagers working at the dealership, some may have had 30 years of driving experience, I don't think years on the road equates to how well you will handle huge horsepower

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I think there is some underlying feeling adults/older people have that a kid/teenager shouldn't be successful until they are at least 25 :rofl:. A C300, why not an E class coupe, or a CLS? Is it something other than performance? If I had the financial situation and 60k-90k was well within my budget, why should I get an entry level C class?

Agreed, but the point being those guys were not all teenagers working at the dealership, some may have had 30 years of driving experience, I don't think years on the road equates to how well you will handle huge horsepower

lol I was agreeing with you

As for you thinking that adults don't want kids to be successful until 25.

I have zero clue where you get that from, but speaking for adults all over the world. The truth is we REALLY don't care about you kids or what you do unless you are our own children.

Go make a billion dollars Mike we will all be very proud of you.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
lol I was agreeing with you

As for you thinking that adults don't want kids to be successful until 25.

I have zero clue where you get that from, but speaking for adults all over the world. The truth is we REALLY don't care about you kids or what you do unless you are our own children.

Go make a billion dollars Mike we will all be very proud of you.

I know you were agreeing with me :) I was just elaborating on your statement. As for the adult thing, I just don't know why If I said my hypothetical price range would be 60-90k, why hatters would suggest a 30k C300, the only thing I came up with is that he must think it is somehow wrong to own a car that expensive at my age (or most likely when I'm closer to 18).

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Mike I hope you get a lambo or ferrari, can afford the insurance, and enjoy the hell out of it.

If you can buy it you deserve it. A C300 LMAO, is that even as fast as a Ford Fusion?. :thumbdown:

Please excuse my mistakes, Im using tapatalk and a mobile device.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have always had a problem with people using age generalizations. That pisses me off to no end. I promised myself I would never be OK with it. Hatteras, Do you know Mike? You have no reason whatsoever to think he is irresponsible. He is the smartest 16 year old Ive ever met. My 20 year old younder brother is a HELL of a lot dumber than Mike.

Compare Mikes posts to that of many 30+ year old members on this forum. I say if you are responsible enough to make the money you obviously know whats up. You deserve what you earn.

Please excuse my mistakes, Im using tapatalk and a mobile device.

Thank you Kak, I agree with what you said. I think that everyone has a unique situation and I feel like me driving a C63, I would probably be more responsible with it than a lot of people who would be buying the same type of entry level car for their first time in their lives (I should be, if I crash it it's my money I throw away haha).

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
2004-2006 Lexus LS430.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Thats a car you can drive like you stole it for 250k miles... I kinda want a lexus lx470 SUV to just treat like hell, they are a beast off road. Nothing holds up like a lexus.

Boring though. I prefer an edgier vehicle. BMW, MB, RR, Jag.

Reliability aside, I think those particular year look very very sharp, and they actually drive decent.

Boring? Yes, I'll take it!

If I wanted something non boring, I do go for the NSX, although it's dated, and the new design is not doing it for me. I guess the GTR or corvette might be it.

I love reliability, reliability, reliability and practicality.

The BMW 7 series, 6 series, Benz S series, CL, SL, CLS, G classes are all neato too. I think the GLK is cute as a button too. But I really dislike throwing money into cars if it's not for regular maintenance. I've owned a 7 series, loved it. But since then, I'm on my 5th Lexus. All LS.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

As my dad said when I turned 16 which proved to be pretty good advice; "son you can get whatever car you want, I'll even help you pick it out. Let me know as soon as you have the money to buy and insure it."

Allstate tends to sort these things out.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
As my dad said when I turned 16 which proved to be pretty good advice; "son you can get whatever car you want, I'll even help you pick it out. Let me know as soon as you have the money to buy and insure it."

Allstate tends to sort these things out.

If I could get someone to insure me it would cost a LOT, but would the CLS550 be that much cheaper, it does have a TT V8.....

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Insurance companies don't really care what you drive to a point, its your age that gets you. Young males and increasingly females are a very high risk group. Heck I lost more people in my HS class to telephone poles than the mid east wars. 17 year old, Civic SI, a few beers, a girl to impress, and pretty soon the cops are hosing him off the pavement when he cuts the car in half on a pole at 90mph without his seat belt.

Its all statistics and well proven, the insurance companies have it down quite well.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Reliability aside, I think those particular year look very very sharp, and they actually drive decent.

Boring? Yes, I'll take it!

If I wanted something non boring, I do go for the NSX, although it's dated, and the new design is not doing it for me. I guess the GTR or corvette might be it.

I love reliability, reliability, reliability and practicality.

The BMW 7 series, 6 series, Benz S series, CL, SL, CLS, G classes are all neato too. I think the GLK is cute as a button too. But I really dislike throwing money into cars if it's not for regular maintenance. I've owned a 7 series, loved it. But since then, I'm on my 5th Lexus. All LS.

You are actually making me consider an LS470L for my next car. I was in between an S550 or 750li but I think the lexus deserves a look.

Heres the thing, I drive hard, but currently drive a nissan SUV. Hardly a sporty vehicle. Suprisingly, that means I would probably do best with the lexus. I wont break anything as readily. I also like to drive my cars to about 150k miles.

Not to mention, I had no idea that the 470 had 380 horsepower that is pretty impressive. I also love the lexus SUVs.

When the newness wears off ill be glad I got a reliable car.

The best feature is it doesnt attract police attention. :D

Really dark tint and a new built in radar detector.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Other cars I would restore that look awesome:

Saw a 560 AMG on the road today, would have bought it off the guy if I could haha, they still look sick after 20+ years
W126c_AMG-SEC-widebody(3).jpg

Saw a 1990's Jag looked like an XJ8 and it caught my attention for some reason, let me tell you I haven't really ever seen someone (I live in colorado so) you think would be in the mob but this guy definitely looked the part, 40's something, had a big collared shirt on and was puffing on a cigarette, mob was the first thought that came to my head haha, cool looking car (something like this one) :
jag.jpg

And the last one (I didn't see unfortunately) is a 1999 RR Silver Seraph, for 60k and the most expensive repair bills you can muster, you can have this beauty: 1999 Rolls Royce Silver Seraph Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour - YouTube
RR.jpg

I don't know what it is about older cars but they are just cool to look at for some reason, not sure I would enjoy driving one but I think an awesome project would be to take an older car like one of these and make them like new (new engine and all)

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Oh 560SEC AMG Hammer Wide body. Very cool cars and the values are going up nicely, more so if its a no stories 6L quad cam car.

Only downside of buying an old AMG is you have to do your homework or you can get burned.

The best ones are in Japan and can be imported threw Canada.

500E's are also as cheap as they will ever be right now. I can easily see unmolested examples of both over $100k in 10 years.

Anything Rolls Royce and Bentley are fantastic, but real ones not VW based examples. The 6.75L V8 is really a motor everyone should experience. Also the quality is just overwhelming. I drove a wonderful Bentley Arnage T a few years back that was just fantastic, and it made my S class feel like a Civic when I got back inside.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
I like the front of the SEC, but can't stand the rear. Sooo dated.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
[video=youtube;lYaIFvRqv2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYaIFvRqv2k[/video]

Mercedes rap, love it!:rofl:

My favorite line, " Your driving a Bimmer so your sh*t will break.":rofl::smx6::eusa_clap::icon_super:

"The fast and the furious let me tell you man all just a bunch of p**** from Japan, I'm always rolling smooth like a ball bearing, its the best in the world, its German engineering.":rofl::smx6::iagree:

Love it!

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Oh...... my..... god..... alright so I all but forgotten about this thread until today when I had a revelation. The CLS550 can do 0-60 in just over 5 seconds (about 5.1), it is also electronically limited to 130mph making a complete waste of that 400hp bi-turbo V8 under the hood, the CLS63 AMG (at $120k) will make 0-60 in 4 seconds and is electronically limited to 186MPH!!! Well I came across something that I have known about for other cars for a long time but it had gone completely over my head to do the the CLS550, a ECU tune (specifically by Renntech. It unlocks the full 400 horses and will bring the CLS550 4 second 0-60 runs and a CLS63 like top speed, for 40k less than the cost of a CLS63!! Insurance would be for a regular CLS550 so it would still be more than a camry, but not like the 63, and if the dealer installs the ECU, it does not void the cars warranty. That coupled with a custom Renntechor possibly agency exhaust would be the absolute most monstrous car I can own while still keeping insurance costs low.

(Really more interested in 0-60 times, I am a responsible driver and wouldn't go over the speed limit [hattersaguy] ;))

Well, I have my (realistic to own before I'm too old) dream car figured out!

:fastlane:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Speed limits are a recommendation... I dont need the government holding my hand. :D

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Put me down for like it once they class it up a little and not keep it so ghetto. What is it?

Looks long like a lower s class. Or maybe CLS. I hate the old cls really bad.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Put me down for like it once they class it up a little and not keep it so ghetto. What is it?

Looks long like a lower s class. Or maybe CLS. I hate the old cls really bad.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Its a Cls550 with some waldo mods/paint

I didn't like the older CLS but the new models look just badass on the road, they made the '12 model look a lot more muscular. I like the e550 coupe a little better but the fact that the CLS comes with the same v8 biturbo as the e AND 4matic makes it a far better car for Colorado, the day they come out with a 4matic e550, I will change my avatar haha

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My favorite MB car will always be the S class. I am going to buy a 07-08 model as soon as I am comfortable doing so.

In Colorado I would buy one of the GLKs actually. Quick, under control, AWD and really cool for the money. Plenty fast for summer pass carving.

I am going to apply for that MB amex. If you spend more than 5k per year on it it gives you 1k toward a lease or purchase. It would be fun to lease something new no money down after a few years for doing nothing different. It would be the GLK.

I use my debit card for everything already anyway. So this won't change a thing.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I like s classes as well, I could see having one as a DD when I get older, not a fan of the GLK however, in fact I am not a huge fan of any of the merc suv's besides maybe the g63 or g65 (yes there is such a thing)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.