The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 Year Old Entrepreneur

SMH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 20, 2018
Poland
Hello Everyone!
My name's Jakub and I'm an aspiring 16 year old entrepreneur from Poland. I've had been lurking the forum for a while, not doing much of anything to progress in entrepreneurship, until I finally decided to put it to an end. Ashamed of wasting time I didn't want to post an intro before starting to actually work on something, so here we go.

Okay, but how did I end up here?

I never cared much about school grades. I was doing good, got my As, As and Bs later on, but didn't believe in the slowlane. I didn't wanna be a doctor or a lawyer. Actually, I didn't know who i wanted to be at all. When i was a kid and they would ask me that question, I used to answer something among the lines of "I just wanna be happy and make a lot of money" haha. Some thoughts about owning a business were popping into my head sometimes, as the happiest and richest friends of my parents were entrepreneurs. Anyway, I thought that bothering with it would make no sense yet, so I just enjoyed the moment.

That was until September last year, when scripted influence from my newfound girlfriend took over. Her abusive parents were crazy about the grades, implying straight As is the only way someone can succeed in life. They sure were successful. Their success was a well paid corporate job you spend 90 minutes commuting to, sucking the soul off her dad, making him miserable in his golden handcuffs. He couldn't see further than his ego though. There wouldn't be nothing wrong with that, if not the fact that it was a brutal way of slowlane indoctrination. I never even spoke with them, but the influence started to take it's toll. I was insecure, and so began believing in the life-sucking SCRIPT and nonsense life advice. Emotional overload caused by false beliefs and stuff I don't wanna mention led me to depression and anxiety neurosis. That was last fall.

Things started to change at the beginning of 2018, when I started seeing a psychologist.In the middle of February I quit all the social media, cut the noise off and decided to learn about myself, and perhaps, start living. Life started to be beautiful again, having so much time left to do anything was fascinating. Around that period I settled on becoming a software developer and chilled out about the grades(what resulted in 1 point higher GPA at the end of the second semester). Around March I came across an Alux video when casually watching YouTube. I never liked the content, but that one was about business books, and I clicked out of curiosity. I downloaded a couple of books and one of it happened to be The Millionaire Fastlane (BOUGHT IT LATER MJ, DON'T CALL THE COPS YET). Joined the forum later on. The content here has helped me improve me as a person so much, I am forever grateful for all of you. Thanks to this forum I've grown to a person full of gratitude and happiness, responsible for his own fate. MJ, I think you have saved my life, thank you.

What do I plan to do?
Right now I am starting a web design hustle(thank you @Fox) in order to create an income stream, gain some freedom, independence(I don't like costing my parents money) and develop the skills useful to run a business. I will also have some money to start my next venture
Long term I'm going to start a bigger company with investor capital, for either exit or legacy. I'm looking to help people, be a responsible man, grow as a person, and create a happy family providing my kids the best opportunities possible.

I'm looking forward to the journey ahead of me and learning with you guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello Everyone!
My name's Jakub and I'm an aspiring 16 year old entrepreneur from Poland. I've had been lurking the forum for a while, not doing much of anything to progress in entrepreneurship, until I finally decided to put it to an end. Ashamed of wasting time I didn't want to post an intro before starting to actually work on something, so here we go.

I never cared much about school grades. I was doing good, got my As, As and Bs later on, but didn't believe in the slowlane. I didn't wanna be a doctor or a lawyer. Actually, I didn't know who i wanted to be at all. When i was a kid and they would ask me that question, I used to answer something among the lines of "I just wanna be happy and make a lot of money" haha. Some thoughts about owning a business were popping into my head sometimes, as the happiest and richest friends of my parents were entrepreneurs. Anyway, I thought that bothering with it would make no sense yet, so I just enjoyed the moment.

That was until September last year, when scripted influence from my newfound girlfriend took over. Her abusive parents were crazy about the grades, implying straight As is the only way someone can succeed in life. They sure were successful. Their success was a well paid corporate job you spend 90 minutes commuting to, sucking the soul off her dad, making him miserable in his golden handcuffs. He couldn't see further than his ego though. There wouldn't be nothing wrong with that, if not the fact that it was a brutal way of slowlane indoctrination. I never even spoke with them, but the influence started to take it's toll. I was insecure, and so began believing in the life-sucking SCRIPT and nonsense life advice. Emotional overload caused by false beliefs and stuff I don't wanna mention led me to depression and anxiety neurosis. That was last fall.

Things started to change at the beginning of 2018, when I started seeing a psychologist.In the middle of February I quit all the social media, cut the noise off and decided to learn about myself, and perhaps, start living. Life started to be beautiful again, having so much time left to do anything was fascinating. Around that period I settled on becoming a software developer and chilled out about the grades(what resulted in 1 point higher GPA at the end of the second semester). Around March I came across an Alux video when casually watching YouTube. I never liked the content, but that one was about business books, and I clicked out of curiosity. I downloaded a couple of books and one of it happened to be The Millionaire Fastlane (BOUGHT IT LATER MJ, DON'T CALL THE COPS YET). Joined the forum later on. The content here has helped me improve me as a person so much, I am forever grateful for all of you. Thanks to this forum I've grown to a person full of gratitude and happiness, responsible for his own fate. MJ, I think you have saved my life, thank you.

What do I plan to do?
Right now I am starting a web design hustle(thank you @Fox) in order to create an income stream, gain some freedom, independence(I don't like costing my parents money) and develop the skills useful to run a business. I will also have some money to start my next venture
Long term I'm going to start a bigger company with investor capital, for either exit or legacy. I'm looking to help people, be a responsible man, grow as a person, and create a happy family providing my kids the best opportunities possible.

Welcome! Your English reads great, you won't have any issues contacting potential clients.
Good to have you on the forum - feel free to tag myself or others if you need any help.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Welcome aboard! Great work giving up social media... your life is better for it.
Such a time suck like video games and tv. Used to be on Facebook 24/7 and realized, "What on earth am I doing with my life?"

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome, @SMH!

Good progress so far! Especially in getting the professional help you needed.
I admit that I should have gone for such services before, especially right after high school.

Such a time suck like video games and tv. Used to be on Facebook 24/7 and realized, "What on earth am I doing with my life?"
I got a bit poisoned just now after sneaking for 10 seconds on facebook....:arghh::arghh::arghh:

They sure were successful. Their success was a well paid corporate job you spend 90 minutes commuting to, sucking the soul off her dad, making him miserable in his golden handcuffs. He couldn't see further than his ego though.
Ego can still come again when you strike it good in business. Not just in the corporate realm. At those moments, it would be great to appreciate the people and resources that helped you push past the tough challenges, and to take note of the many uncertainties that still float around in the business world.

SMH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 20, 2018
Poland
Thanks for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it.
Welcome! Your English reads great, you won't have any issues contacting potential clients.
It's nice to hear as I was a bit anxious about my writing - will sure work on it as well.
Haha yeah last year I used to come back home, "just check facebook" and wonder how people had the time to do anything after school.

Last edited:

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
Hello Everyone!

What do I plan to do?

Welcome!

I'm really impressed by your intro. You have a wise head on young shoulders, speak great English and have innate entrepreneurship. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested to follow your story so encourage you to start an progress/execution thread. You have age on your side, even if you fail for 10 years straight you'll still be very young, don't let the opportunity you have given yourself go to waste.

Good luck.

SMH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 20, 2018
Poland
Thank you, I will most likely start a progress thread when the time is right.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum ! I'm happy to see younger people (even though I'm just 25) join.

Keep focus on the goal and enjoy the process.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Thanks for introducing yourself. From what I read in your post, you seem like a mature, responsible guy who's got a lot of potential in the entrepreneurial world. Just hang in there and keep swinging. You'll make it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...