- Joined
- May 23, 2014
- Messages
- 767
Rep Bank
$1,905
$1,905
User Power: 214%
I recently decided I was going to finish/re-write a few books I started a few years back but never finished. I sat down and tried to write and nothing came to me for a few days. Though of a plot I liked better and tried to write that.
Nothing
Then I read a blog post about writers block and it asked "When is the last time you read a book in the genre you are writing in?"
A while.
So I picked up The Dark Tower and started to read. The post totally makes sense now. Looking at everything from a writers perspective I got to notice a lot that I never did before.
Now I'm at 10,403 words and averaging 1,000 a day.
Not that many words in perspective when thinking about an entire book, but it's a tremendous jump from none.
Anyways, I will be moving soon and I'm contemplating not activating internet for a bit to see how much more I write.
Or if I just go mental, we shall see.
Does anyone else avidly read books in their category when writing?
Nothing
Then I read a blog post about writers block and it asked "When is the last time you read a book in the genre you are writing in?"
A while.
So I picked up The Dark Tower and started to read. The post totally makes sense now. Looking at everything from a writers perspective I got to notice a lot that I never did before.
Now I'm at 10,403 words and averaging 1,000 a day.
Not that many words in perspective when thinking about an entire book, but it's a tremendous jump from none.
Anyways, I will be moving soon and I'm contemplating not activating internet for a bit to see how much more I write.
Or if I just go mental, we shall see.
Does anyone else avidly read books in their category when writing?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
