The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 pushups x 1 month challenge

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I didn't see this thread till today, but, part of my 2021 plan, is to do 100 a day, every day of the year.

Haven't missed a day, and don't plan to.
Maybe after 3 months, I'll see if I can do 200.

takes some time, but, I like it. Daily discipline.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 2

10 sets of 20 done. Today was slightly easier than yesterday and I botched less reps. I'm gonna keep doing them around this time (5 - 6 PM) and maybe start doing sets of 25 in a week or so.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 3

I had less time today, so I did 8 sets of 25, with 4 minutes rest between each set. The last set was pure torture, and my last 10 reps definitely did not have good form. I felt like my left arm was about to detach from my body :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I've done 500 in one day (just as a challenge) - was interesting
at that time I would (random amounts) be able to push 70 in one set - and 50 or 60 the next set - 100/day would not have been hard, but I preferred a larger amount and every 2nd day (for muscle gains)
doing 100/day would be better for longevity/cardio - I should try this again - will post if I go ahead :)

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Nov 25, 2020
I love fitness challenges. I do weight lifting 3 days a week and cardio/boxing the other 3 and rest sunday. I got my start with this kinda daily thing when I was a junior in HS I had an AAU coach who was in the marines and jacked. Needless to say I listened to everything he said. He had me do 250 pushups each morning before school and a strict diet. It was very helpful from both a physical and mental standpoint. I also believe that people should relatively master bodyweight movements before even touching a bench press or squat rack.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 4
8 sets of 25 with 4 minutes rest between each set. I like this routine, it's hard but not impossible. It requires me to put effort into it but doesn't make me want to quit.

See you tomorrow.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Day 4
8 sets of 25 with 4 minutes rest between each set. I like this routine, it's hard but not impossible. It requires me to put effort into it but doesn't make me want to quit.

See you tomorrow.

Very well done so far! You can take it to the next level by not counting the days and just making this a part of your daily routine.. forever.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Day 5

Today my arms dropped dead at the 140th rep. There are reasons for this, but there's no point in writing them here. I'll come back stronger tomorrow.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Yes, I did :bicep:

D

Deleted78083

I set my mind up on 4 sets of pushups one day one of two.

I do 16 pushups for the first two sets, followed by 2 sets to failure.

I did not like it at the beginning. Now I do. It feels good and puts you in a "go get it" mindset at the beginning of the day.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I set my mind up on 4 sets of pushups one day one of two.

I do 16 pushups for the first two sets, followed by 2 sets to failure.

I did not like it at the beginning. Now I do. It feels good and puts you in a "go get it" mindset at the beginning of the day.

Time to up the ante against scrawniness and embrace 10 sets to failure.

And lots of nourishing, high-cal food - the most important part.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
I love this challenge...Damn hard when you first start out but perseverance really pays off.
My routine 3 times a week with pushups is this:

When the second hand strikes 12 on my watch i knock out 17 pushups which takes around 20 seconds. I then rest for the remainder of the minute which is 40 seconds and when the second hand reaches 12 i repeat for 30 mins giving a total of 510.

I started off with 10 and struggled to make 7-10 mins in a row but persistence makes you stronger for sure. On occasions i'll mix it up and drop the reps to 10 pushups followed by 10 squats which leaves me around 20 seconds rest before going again.....dripping with sweat at the end..lol
Would like to get to 20 a minute eventually...feel great and i'm 50 this year so age doesn't matter..

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I love this challenge...Damn hard when you first start out but perseverance really pays off.

When the second hand strikes 12 on my watch i knock out 17 pushups which takes around 20 seconds. I then rest for the remainder of the minute which is 40 seconds and when the second hand reaches 12 i repeat for 30 mins giving a total of 510.

I started off with 10 and struggled to make 7-10 mins in a row but persistence makes you stronger for sure. On occasions i'll mix it up and drop the reps to 10 pushups followed by 10 squats which leaves me around 20 seconds rest before going again.....dripping with sweat at the end..lol
Would like to get to 20 a minute eventually...feel great and i'm 50 this year so age doesn't matter..

That's an awesome way of doing 500 push-ups! I'll give that a go today by reaching failure on each set.

Never stop doing this.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland

Great way of doing push-ups!
However, I like to do a little different approach:
I start with 5, then 30 seconds break, then 6, then 30 seconds break, then 7, then 30 seconds break... Think you now get it, I try to do it until I'm at 20 push-ups. However, I need longer breaks after around 15 push-ups otherwise I have no chance.
When I reach 20 push-ups I do everything again but the other way. So then 19 push-ups, 45sec/1 min break, 18 push-ups, 45sec/1 min break, etc. until I'm at one push-up. That's around 420 push-ups and after that I'm completely dead.

But I can't do that every day, try to do it at least 3 times a week in addition to some basic weight training and some cardio.

Zimbizee

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Jan 11, 2017
uk
That's an awesome way of doing 500 push-ups! I'll give that a go today by reaching failure on each set.

Never stop doing this.
Definitely keeps things interesting and breaks it down in to manageable chunks.Good luck

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hi guys, this challenge must be the easiest ever proposed on the forum, all you have to do is 100 pushups with good form per day for 30 days, no matter how you do them, all in one sitting or spread out during the day.

I just failed my first attempt after 5 days...
So I'm debating wheter to restart today or tomorrow.

How it went: Day 1, fine did them in one session took me nearly an hour(was resting plenty and doing other stuff meanwhile), Day 2 it was brutal I completed it still in one session but most sets where 5 reps(day 1 they were 10), day 3 I spread them out during the day and hardly finished them up before going to bed, day 4 pretty similar to day 3, day 5 I get to 49 and in the last 20 there's something off in my right arm... like I pinched a nerve or something it felt super awkward, not hurting but like it's about to mess up so I stopped.

Weight has a huge role since I feel like my joints would be much happier if I weighted 20 kg less..
Restarting the challenge while keeping my calorie intake lower, debating wheter to count calories or not.

I'll be taking one picture per day and maybe make a small video at the end.

You're all welcome to join and see if physical progress can be made from such a simple exercise.
I've been going to the public pool 6 nights a week. We friend and are there to water walk and exercise.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
@Madame Peccato still going at it, aren't you?
I took 3 days off. I've been doing 200+ pushups daily for the past 3 months and my arms started hurting as soon as I got on the floor.

I'm back today with a slightly different workout.

I'm gonna do 100 pushups, but they will be super slow and controlled, rather than "fast". I'll go for 2 sets of 50. See where that takes me. I'm gonna do them right now and report back.

EDIT nevermind, I had to go out and do some errands. I'll do them now.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I happen to have bought a kettlebell. Is it a good idea to do the 10 sets to failure + kettle exercises, or could the exhaustion slow muscle growth?

I wouldn't worry about that as long as you're not injuring yourself and are eating and sleeping well. If it feels too much, do the push-up routine every other day and work out with the kettlebell on the off days.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I'm beat today :happy: I've done 100

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
I'm beat today :happy: I've done 100

You've been doing 200 push-ups every day for the past 3 months, took a 3-day break and only managed 100 today?

What the hell, man? Your redemption will be in the form of 300 push-ups per day, starting tomorrow.

Now go. Make the push-up gods proud. Or else.

D

Deleted78083

I wouldn't worry about that as long as you're not injuring yourself and are eating and sleeping well. If it feels too much, do the push-up routine every other day and work out with the kettlebell on the off days.
Ok so today I did my 2 sets of 15 pushups + 8 to failure + played around with the kettlebell (swings, russian twists, shoulder press).

I think Imma buy a heavier kettlebell, cuz mine is 4 kg and let's be honest it's ridiculous

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Ok so today I did my 2 sets of 15 pushups + 8 to failure + played around with the kettlebell (swings, russian twists, shoulder press).

I think Imma buy a heavier kettlebell, cuz mine is 4 kg and let's be honest it's ridiculous

I started with 4kg too, quickly moved up to 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, and have plateaued for the time being. Plateaued as in I can do 8-12 reps with 16kg but not with 18+kg. Make sure that the weights you're lifting are causing you to reach failure in that rep range. If you can easily do 10-12 reps for each set, it's time to add some more and get it down to 8.

Harder = more gains.

I'd buy dumbbells if I were you so that you can constantly add weight as you improve. And trust me, you'll go through the weights quickly, especially when doing curls.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I've done 180 (6 sets of 30) and then suddenly 4 people needed me at once, which interrupted me for a couple of hours. I'll do 20 more now and call it a day.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Bumped it to 120/ day.

Planning to add +10 a day, each month, till the end of the year.

Streak is alive, no days skipped. Onwards.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.