The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY: Being Fastlane Forum Member

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Holy balls... WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!

In May 3, 2009, I joined this Fastlane forum.. and... what a journey it has been. This Fastlane community, MJ, and mindset is what gave me the first push into Fastlane entrepreneurship.. it has forever changed my path, my life, and my future. I only cringe at what "life is good" desk job I would slaving at had I not joined this forum.

Ironically, as this is my 10 year mark.. I am also closing a chapter on a venture and making the single biggest life-changing deal of my life thus far. A sweet way to possibly close 10 years, and start the next 10. (I'll share more on this later after it's all said and done and I can finally contribute much more again.)

It has NOT been easy. It's been both hell and heaven the last 10 years. The word Sacrifices is a mild term for this process. I've shed so many tears.. I've shed so much blood.. I've shed so much sweat.. But I love it. I love the process as much as the reward. It's like going to see a movie.. you enjoy the movie during, not just to get the ending. The "middle".

So I end this by sharing a quick story about what initially lead me to this forum:

My last year of college, I wanted to be CEO of a hospital because of Salary.com lol.. so I landed a healthcare management internship that summer. I followed that CEO around, etc. etc. He drove a nice black Range Rover he parked out in his reserved space. CEOs of a hospital make about $150-175,000 a year (back then).

So I calculated one day... 5 years entry level, get to manager then 5-8 years into director/vp, then another 5-8 years into CEO. Boom, got it... I can have a Range Rover in 20+ Years! And that's where it hit.... I got to thinking... "man, 20 years sure is a long time.."

Then I glanced around at the internet and found a common factor PEOPLE WITH LAMBOS NEVER WEAR SUITS. I dug deep into studying the people with Lambos and what they do and did.. They were all self-made and they did not work for any boss. And that is how I ran across MJ.. before the book came out.. and this forum.. and thus began my Fastlane journey!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing James, it was nice to meet you a few years ago, hope to cya for the next ten, with much greater things to come!!

Pratik_ITpro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 3, 2019
Many Congratulations I am new here and one of the reason I joined, because of people like you; who share, learn, coordinat, contribute and stay transparent with their knowledge, skills & experience.

Thanks for being here...

Wishing you all the best for many more milestones ahead...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Awesome story man! Thanks for the share and good luck on the deal :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.