The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY: Being Fastlane Forum Member

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

James Fend

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Holy balls... WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!

In May 3, 2009, I joined this Fastlane forum.. and... what a journey it has been. This Fastlane community, MJ, and mindset is what gave me the first push into Fastlane entrepreneurship.. it has forever changed my path, my life, and my future. I only cringe at what "life is good" desk job I would slaving at had I not joined this forum.

Ironically, as this is my 10 year mark.. I am also closing a chapter on a venture and making the single biggest life-changing deal of my life thus far. A sweet way to possibly close 10 years, and start the next 10. (I'll share more on this later after it's all said and done and I can finally contribute much more again.)

It has NOT been easy. It's been both hell and heaven the last 10 years. The word Sacrifices is a mild term for this process. I've shed so many tears.. I've shed so much blood.. I've shed so much sweat.. But I love it. I love the process as much as the reward. It's like going to see a movie.. you enjoy the movie during, not just to get the ending. The "middle".

So I end this by sharing a quick story about what initially lead me to this forum:

My last year of college, I wanted to be CEO of a hospital because of Salary.com lol.. so I landed a healthcare management internship that summer. I followed that CEO around, etc. etc. He drove a nice black Range Rover he parked out in his reserved space. CEOs of a hospital make about $150-175,000 a year (back then).

So I calculated one day... 5 years entry level, get to manager then 5-8 years into director/vp, then another 5-8 years into CEO. Boom, got it... I can have a Range Rover in 20+ Years! And that's where it hit.... I got to thinking... "man, 20 years sure is a long time.."

Then I glanced around at the internet and found a common factor PEOPLE WITH LAMBOS NEVER WEAR SUITS. I dug deep into studying the people with Lambos and what they do and did.. They were all self-made and they did not work for any boss. And that is how I ran across MJ.. before the book came out.. and this forum.. and thus began my Fastlane journey!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Thanks for sharing James, it was nice to meet you a few years ago, hope to cya for the next ten, with much greater things to come!!

Pratik_ITpro

New Contributor
Feb 3, 2019
Many Congratulations I am new here and one of the reason I joined, because of people like you; who share, learn, coordinat, contribute and stay transparent with their knowledge, skills & experience.

Thanks for being here...

Wishing you all the best for many more milestones ahead...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom