The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 things millionaires won't tell you article

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
The article is written by a freelance writer (Daren Fonda) who is self-employed, and also works for Time Warner.

In the past, I've been interviewed by folks like this for articles in the Wall St Journal, NY Times, Fortune, Smart Money, and Money magazines.

They have an "E" (employee) mindset.

Nice folks, but they only know what they're told.

So while much of the info in the article is interesting (I too like fractional ownership, and many of the other principles mentioned), PLEASE consider the source, and the POV:

A guy who is NOT rich, who works out of his apt in NY city, and who has a regular gig w/Time Warner.

Dude may not even own a car.

Not the kinda guy I'm going to be getting wealth/money advice from on a regular basis.

And not someone who sees the world with the same eyes I do.

But good for laughs, eh? :banana::banana::banana:

-Russ H.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
right on Russ. In my experience, the author is pretty right on. I know few wealthy people who are content with their resources, for example. E types can be on the money sometimes though (Erin Burnett comes to mind) , although I completely agree with your assertions here.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Erin Burnett comes to mind.

She comes to my mind whenever I watch stocks as well. Is she single?

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Depends on the situation. If I'm involved in it, I doubt it will be underhanded.

If it's something like cutting out a partner after he set the deal in place. No. Things just arent that serious to me.

BTW, I like that forum. I have alot to learn though.

I would in a heartbeat, and step over there bleeding corpse to get my check. lol!

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
As for being an "a$$" in business here is a real world example.

Would you steal a deal out from under someone?

In a heartbeat.
If the person is such an amateur
as to broadcast his/her deals
before nailing them down,
he/she is going to f**k it up anyway.
I might as well do it and do it right.
Save grief all around.

'Course this doesn't apply to
mentoring/coaching/consulting situations.

As for being an a$$hole in business (or life),
it is all about perspective.
I was called an b**ch last week
(to my face)
because I turned down a relative
looking for a handout.
The consensus was I had the money,
I should share it.
Well, hell, the relative wanted to buy a bigger house
than he could afford.
Meanwhile another relative had a possible life saving operation
he needed funded.
I said no to the first, yes to the second,
(privately - the first didn't know about the second)
yet I get labelled a nasty piece of work.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
As for being an "a$$" in business here is a real world example.

Would you steal a deal out from under someone?

Depends on the situation. But I can tell you this. If you cheat on me, then I will find a creative way of making you my bitch;). Seriously. Creative activity is my game.

But I would not even consider stealing from someone I might equally make a partner. But this partner really has to bring something to the table. Either sweet equity (running errands and do the hard, ground-floor work), bringing in well needed expertise without drawing a salary or bringing in a cash investment or any other asset injection to the deal (so as to grow the investment value of the business).

Mostly, everyone has something to bring to the table. If people are young they may not be rich on cash or assets, neither knowledge (some do have great real-time knowledge that is worth a lot even though they are very young). But they can always work their way up through sweet equity action. Always. You need to start somewhere.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.