The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

10 Steps for Writing SEO Web Content

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
At the request of some of the folks from my mastermind group I wrote up a guide to writing keyword targeted web content.

It's a beast of an article as I tried to present the 10 start to finish steps for creating an article for the web that will pull in big traffic from Google and through in enough SEO theory so you'll understand why all this effort is necessary.

Read: How to Write Traffic Pulling, Keyword Targeted Web Content

Step 1. Choose Your Primary Keyword
Step 2. Find your Primary Synonyms
Step 3. Find Theme Related Keywords
Step 4. Find Related Keywords
Step 5. For Diehards – Harvest One Level Deeper.
Step 6. Write Your Article
Step 7. Review for Theme Density
Step 8. Formatting & Scannability
Step 9. Construct your Title & Tags
Step 10. Linking Up Your Article

While search engine optimization is a massive topic, the most important aspect of it is often overlooked entirely. You’ll find information about link building, social marketing, domain names and even siloing, but “on page optimization” or the art of writing keyword targeted content is like the red-headed stepchild in the SEO family.

Any comments, additions or corrections are greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HappieMoonie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 24, 2009
Memphis, TN (DownTown)
Hi Jon! I'm just now exploring the SEO world so thank you for these 10 easy steps. I've been reading some really LONG techie articles about this and within the 1st lines they've lost me using all these HUGE words...lol.

I was also told that RE-TWEETING or having your articles, info re-tweeted on Twitter was another way to get high ranks on Google. I'm just now hearing about Re-tweeting and trying to figure out how all that works together.

I will keep these steps in mind though...this is much easier to follow than most of this techie stuff I've been reading.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Love the article, the only suggestion for me that would make it better would be to illustrate it with a complete site. Showing, here is someone that is doing it and how they are doing it well. Being a very visual person, this helps me grasp the concepts better.

That being said, great step by step info for someone trying to break into this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Love the article, the only suggestion for me that would make it better would be to illustrate it with a complete site. Showing, here is someone that is doing it and how they are doing it well.

Everybody always wants that, but as soon as you expose a site like that everyone will copy it. Guess I'll save that idea for Jonleehacker's private membership club. ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.