The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

£20k where would you invest it or grow it?

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

AdamSerk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 27, 2020
London
I am in the process of selling my flat in turkey as the currency is declining rapidly and it doesn't look like it'll get better. I have already lost over £10k on it and will lose even more if I don't sell it. Now the question is, I'm not sure what to do with the money. I want to invest some in Bitcoin, Ethereum and maybe some into crypto.com CRO coin.

It has also crossed my mind to invest in real estate. I mean If there was someone I knew personally who is successful in real estate then I'd definitely ask him/her to help me get into it. However, as there isn't anyone I know of, I don't want to risk losing it while learning the ropes in real estate so the better option would be to invest into something.

I guess my question is...

Where would you invest the £20K?
or
What would you do, business-wise with the £20k?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AdamSerk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 27, 2020
London
Something that provides value.

Well, I have been thinking that too. Something that has some kind of environmental improvement e.g. Tesla. However, Tesla is in a bubble right now and if there is anything anyone is aware of please do let me know :).

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I don't like speculative investments. IMO Even Real Estate falls into that category.

I would buy a business. It would have to stand up to very thorough due diligence. Net Profits would have to give a good ROI, and for that amount of money, should not be completely demanding of your time.

If you want to operate and grow the business, one that is very profitable and is well established could be a good proposition. Buying from someone retiring due to age can offer good opportunities.

If buying a business you need to beware of scams. A common one is loaded debtors' ledgers. It is easy to make up fake invoices. It works better for the scammer if the invoices are for fake supply of goods or services to big companies, because they are known to often delay payment for 90 - 120 days, so the fact that they appear as sales but payment is not yet shown does not cause so much concern to a careless buyer.

In most cases that I am aware of, invoices are never even delivered to them.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AdamSerk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 27, 2020
London
I don't like speculative investments. IMO Even Real Estate falls into that category.

I would buy a business. It would have to stand up to very thorough due diligence. Net Profits would have to give a good ROI, and for that amount of money, should not be completely demanding of your time.

If you want to operate and grow the business, one that is very profitable and is well established could be a good proposition. Buying from someone retiring due to age can offer good opportunities.

If buying a business you need to beware of scams. A common one is loaded debtors' ledgers. It is easy to make up fake invoices. It works better for the scammer if the invoices are for fake supply of goods or services to big companies, because they are known to often delay payment for 90 - 120 days, so the fact that they appear as sales but payment is not yet shown does not cause so much concern to a careless buyer.

In most cases that I am aware of, invoices are never even delivered to them.

Walter

Thanks for your comment.

20k isn't that much therefore I didn't think of buying a business. However, as you've mentioned, I could look for someone who is in dire need to sell their business urgently thus might get it for a better deal. Something I'll have to look into.

What kind of businesses do you have in mind, what would go for?

The thing is, my goal is to live in Thailand so my main aim is to have something online and be able to move to Thailand and continue working from there.

I was also thinking not to invest all the money and keep some to do something online. Still trying to figure out what to do/sell. Now that you mentioned buying a business, I will defo consider it.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
What kind of businesses do you have in mind, what would go for?

The thing is, my goal is to live in Thailand so my main aim is to have something online and be able to move to Thailand and continue working from there.
If you are intent on living in Thailand that will limit your choices to online businesses. If on the other hand you want to stay in the UK, or other western country, there are a lot more options.

This thread Taking over business from retiring baby boomers | could be helpful.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.