The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

better

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
May 29, 2018
I read a ton of books as I have over 500 in my library. I normally dog ear and highlight pages as reference points of material to come back to. In Unscripted most of the book looks like it has been dog eared. So much great material.

It was hard to finish because I just did not want to as it was that good. The hell that he describes at the first part of the book just reinforced why I have my own business and why I will not go back to the Scripted life.

I'm glad to hear how MJ moved away from Chicago to somewhere different where he felt he could be more productive as that is a decision I have made/struggled with recently. The business advice was amazing, and I am currently changing paths because of his description about services for companies being hard to execute (he's right.

So much useful stuff was in this book. The hyper reality section is absolutely and could be its own book in of itself. Just a great reminder to the constant distractions out there created by companies to make money. Making your first sale is "entrepreneurial heroin", and he is completely right. $2740 a day is my goal currently to get to a million dollars.

"Let the fools be fooled by the inadequacy messages succumb: debt, uncertain future, and work until death. Don't waste life's precious time adorning your coffin with diamonds." Goddamn. The book was full of other eye opening stuff like this that other authors, gurus, and people do not have the guts to say. MJ has truly created something that will stand the test of time, and you really need to read this book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sartk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jun 19, 2018
i listened to the audiobook, think ill be listening more than once and maybe buy a physical copy to properly read it.

Stephen Peacock

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
Listened to Unscripted via Audible a few months back and was just reminded by the pdf supplement on my desktop to come and check the forum out.

This book should be read alongside the equally brilliant Entrepreneur Revolution.

Deri

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 13, 2016
Wales
unscripted is a real good book, I keep going back to it. Ive just started reading fastlane again, I always pick up and get more when I read books over again.

MacTech602

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 31, 2015
I’ve read Unscripted and listen to it constantly while driving throughout the day. Much better than music or talk radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Read. Thank you.

Just after finishing TMF purchased UNSCRIPTED .

YES:

• More RAW than TMF - much more colorful and appreciated language
  • Facts - bad times, good times, he put in there (choices)
  • More financial insights - BIGGER Picture
  • Again - there for the taking - lazy/blind (can't hold hands)
  • Took way more notes
  • Offers other book reads too
  • PS - there is no list

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
But isn't it a chore to maintain it?

Yes, that's why I cut it.

MJ, thank you. This book is an amazing gift you put out there for the world. You have touched my life.

Thank you, happy to hear it!

Still following the script... I am quite good at it.

Darn!

Absolute eye-opener. Could not put it down. Thought the writing style was spot on and found it a compelling read.

Thanks!

Already took a new biz to 6 figs in 6 months

Congrats!

Read it. Love it. Will read it again. It's actionable as hell. You can feel the honesty, and the ... I dunno how to call this... 'clear mind' that was thinking while writing these pages. It's easy to call BS. It's harder to provide an alternative that really works.

Thank you!

"Let the fools be fooled by the inadequacy messages succumb: debt, uncertain future, and work until death. Don't waste life's precious time adorning your coffin with diamonds." Goddamn. The book was full of other eye opening stuff like this that other authors, gurus, and people do not have the guts to say. MJ has truly created something that will stand the test of time, and you really need to read this book.

Thanks for the feedback, I consider it mission accomplished!

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

This book looks like it was written for me, as I found in it the answers I was looking for some time that other books of the genre could not bring me. No doubt it's the best book I've ever read of the genre, and I've read enough. This book connects me to your story, because it is very similar to me. This book brought what I was doing unconsciously to my conscious, so that I can work on those problems. If I could define this book in one word, I would say CLARITY!

I found it fantastic to have the idea of two worlds, the SCRIPTED world and the UNSCRIPTED world, thus creating a UNSCRIPTED legion.

Plus you have not just created a UNSCRIPTED legion, you've created a method for people to get out of SCRIPTED life. And for me that's the biggest difference of the book TMF ! When one has a method for anything, everything becomes easier, instead of getting you lost in a multitude of techniques, not knowing where to start.

Let's go to work now, thank you @MJ DeMarco !

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
I've read Unscripted . My biggest takeaway were the hyperrealities and the compound interest scam. Virtual Reality was my biggest one because I would spend hours playing PUBG and Call of Duty to escape life. That time could have been put into activities that would have changed my life, but at least I know now.

harp1600

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
May 12, 2018
United States
I just got done reading Unscripted . I can't thank MJ enough for providing such a valuable resource. I have recommended to some of my slowlane friends that are interested in entrepreneurship. Can't wait to read TMF .

Also, I can't believe this book is 30$!! This is the best book I have ever read and has changed my mindset significantly! Thank you again, MJ!!

visiomari

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Mar 31, 2018
Canada
Hard to choose which one I like more, Unscripted or TMF . I feel like MJ’s writing is more thorough, witty, thought-provoking, and confident in Unscripted , but TMF is, well. the OG. Both books are definitely on my top 5 best books of all time (along with Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice! For completely different reasons, lol).

barman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Apr 14, 2018
I read a large chunk of Unscripted earlier in the year. I'm about to finish it up today. I've never highlighted anything more than this book. I will definitely be reading it again.

Anandb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 21, 2017
Hong Kong
I've read Unscripted ...the money pots system is definitely an amazing addition to the CENTS model. Being responsible for distinguishing between one's realities and one's rationalisations is not a message that is repeated often enough. Thanks for writing the book.

CoreyinMN

Little Hinges Swing Big Doors
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 25, 2018
Minnesota
Read Unscripted . It is what brought me here.

This book put into words what I've been feeling for the past 10+ years. Now, it is my go-to recommendation when people get curious.

When I figure out a way to stop reading all the threads I'll read TMF too.

pgonzalez

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2018

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
I've just finished listening to unscripted for the second time. It is quite rare to find an American business book which is so applicable to us Brits. I just wish that I had read it ten years ago or maybe even fifteen (before I went to uni and became neck deep in "student" debt).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.