The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Amazon now has its own 'Instagram'

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Just came across this on my linkedin feed

"Amazon today is launching Amazon Spark, a new feature aimed at improving product discovery, which is seemingly inspired by Instagram and its use of shoppable photos. Similarly, Amazon Spark users are encouraged to post stories, ideas and images of products they love, which others can react to with comments and “smiles” – Amazon’s own version of the Like or Favorite button.

The retailer has been quietly testing Amazon Spark in beta for a few months before today’s launch to consumers in the U.S. The goal with the new program is to shift some of the social activity around products taking place off-site back to Amazon, where product inspiration can translate directly into purchases with a click of a button."

More information about the article here: Amazon launches Spark, a shoppable feed of stories and photos aimed at Prime members

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
At some point I'm fully expecting Amazon to soon be offering X-rays, surgeries, and blood tests.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Just came across this on my linkedin feed

"Amazon today is launching Amazon Spark, a new feature aimed at improving product discovery, which is seemingly inspired by Instagram and its use of shoppable photos. Similarly, Amazon Spark users are encouraged to post stories, ideas and images of products they love, which others can react to with comments and “smiles” – Amazon’s own version of the Like or Favorite button.

The retailer has been quietly testing Amazon Spark in beta for a few months before today’s launch to consumers in the U.S. The goal with the new program is to shift some of the social activity around products taking place off-site back to Amazon, where product inspiration can translate directly into purchases with a click of a button."

More information about the article here: Amazon launches Spark, a shoppable feed of stories and photos aimed at Prime members
Ha! I just found out about this this morning. Already got it set up and posted my first photo. If this catches on it could be huge for sellers.

When you post a photo you have the option to tag your products that are in the photo. Anyone for that matter can do the same. Customers can post and tag a photo of your product with their review. Viewers can click your product tag and go directly to the product page.

You get to tag up to 5 interests and your photo will show on the feed of those that choose one of those interests.

samsig03

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jun 8, 2016
Houston, TX
Ha! I just found out about this this morning. Already got it set up and posted my first photo. If this catches on it could be huge for sellers.

When you post a photo you have the option to tag your products that are in the photo. Anyone for that matter can do the same. Customers can post and tag a photo of your product with their review. Viewers can click your product tag and go directly to the product page.

You get to tag up to 5 interests and your photo will show on the feed of those that choose one of those interests.

Yea I just checked it out and setup a profile. I think it could be great for your own products on Amazon and new product launches. Seems like a great move by Amazon. Really easy to click on a product in a picture and go straight to purchasing the product. Like Instagram but easier. I wonder if someone purchases from a product you posted if you get any kind of affiliate money etc......

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
At some point I'm fully expecting Amazon to soon be offering X-rays, surgeries, and blood tests.

I don't know if this was intended to be a joke, but I think you're dead right. I just moved to the states and:

1) My wife got cosmetic surgery in a private facility;
  • Consultation
  • Appointment with doctor
  • 3 blood tests
  • Hour long Surgery with 2 nurses, 1 surgeon and 1 anesthesiologist.
  • Four 1-on-1 follow ups with a doctor
  • 24/7 phone support
  • The surgeon even give us HIS damn personal mobile number in case we wanted to talk to him.
  • PRICE: 3000$ (including medical equipment and a decent quantity of silicon)
2) She had to go to the ER (unrelated to the surgery)
  • Sat in the waiting room for 10 minutes
  • Got her pressure taken by a nurse
  • Sat in the hallway and talked to a doctor for more or less 4 minutes (she got sent home, no treatment or medication)
  • PRICE: 640$
Woah! Clearly a lot of business opportunities in the Healthcare field. Watch out if Amazon, Elon Musk or friggin Uber attack this racket!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking your post ;)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Already got it set up and posted my first photo

Am I just technologically incompetent this week? I can not find the app on the app store or any option in Amazon app...

Update: Needed to update Amazon app and it immediately showed up.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Am I just technologically incompetent this week? I can not find the app on the app store or any option in Amazon app...

It's inside the Amazon shopping app under "Programs and Features" then choose Amazon Spark.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria

It's only available to iOs devices, the android version hasn't been developed yet.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
This was shared by Nir Eyal a few months ago:
https://www.bcg.com/publications/2017/retail-globalization-china-reveals-future-shopping.aspx

"Chinese consumers are eager to spend money—and they spend a lot of time shopping. In China, shopping is about more than just the transaction. It’s about entertainment, discovery, and social engagement with friends, celebrities, and internet influencers."

I wonder what else Amazon has planned.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Are there usernames like Instagram? Basically is it worth trying to secure some solid page names for when it's bigger?

My feed has a ton of people just posting product photos. Literally they just screenshot the whole product page on Amazon and post it.

This is going to get cluttered very fast.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Maybe Amazon could hire Gwyneth Paltrow to handle their health and beauty business.

I mean, she totally seems across that market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.