The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So I will be traveling for the next 3 months, but I am coming BACK to Scottsdale after my travels (mid to late summer).

Many of you at the Fastlane Summit expressed interest in moving to Scottsdale. I've been here for almost a year it has been nothing but life changing.

So it's time to put your money where your mouth is and decide if you'll do it.

Most of you know when three of us moved to Scottsdale - what happened and all of our lives were forever changed for the better.

If I never moved I'd probably still be in California working out of my parents garage and never outsourcing manufacturing...etc. etc.

Right now we're living in a apartment in the middle of told town - I LOVE this location. Ideally, there could be 4-10 of us living in the same complex in 2-5 Apartments.

This is a work hard, play hard sort of thing. But what you do on your own time is your business. :)

If you're in, reply to this thread or PM me directly and we'll make it happen.

@SeanKelly @FastLanePursuer @AndrewNC @TheTruth @MikeC @Castaway @K.Y. @Moneymadness

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Another observation that I wanted to mention... I foster dogs when I'm in AZ, namely German Shepherd dogs. They come from a very good rescue that treats them very well. Volunteers take the dogs out for walks and play with them daily. The problem is that are still living in a rescue home, inside a cage or crate. When they cannot find adopters or fosters for these dogs, they just live there, sometimes for over a year. They get better, but never get to their full potential.

When I foster a dog and bring them into my happy home, the changes in them are amazing. To me, it just shows what a good environment can do for them. They make complete 180 changes. The dog in my profile pic to the left, Phoebe, was my last foster. I could not even touch her below her neck without her crying and running off. 4 months later she was a normal acting, playful dog! Now she is with a loving couple in her permanent home.

I make this post, because I believe that people need the same thing. The big difference is that a dog cannot choose to move, but you can. You can choose to change your environment. I believe that deep inside, you will know "if" you need a change. Something inside you is burning telling you that your current living situation is just not right for you. Even if you aren't sure if Arizona or Texas is right for you, you should give a new place a shot. The worse possible outcome is that you move back to where you came from.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hey guys, I can confirm this.. Australia (Sydney) fall is like Arizona winter weather + water. View from my bedroom right now (12pm here). It is fairly expensive to live here though. But I'd give Sydney some serious contention in the great weather to live in category.

The US dollar is strong now, it's time for you guys to travel. Everything here is at a 22% discount for us.

IMG_5845.JPG

Snowbank and I at work.

IMG_5846.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5845.JPG
    IMG_5845.JPG
    501.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
ahahah @JasonR you keep dangling this in front of me!!!!

@AndrewNC lol I used to hang out there way before you knuckleheads followed my lead :)

To Anyone considering this, me @wade1mill @AndrewNC and @JasonR held a weekly mastermind meeting for 6 months prior to moving in together.

Our weekly meetings consisted of benchmarks you had to hit in order to stay in the group. We also had strict criteria before our move in date (i.e. having enough money to cover 6 months rent, living costs split up, chores and duties split up etc.)

We ran a very tight ship and worked 10-14 hours a day pretty consistently.

If you are actually considering this, I suggest doing something similar before hand so you can

A) see if anyone will waste your time

B) See if you are a good fit

and

C) Get yourself motivated and working so you don't miss out on the opportunity

As far as screening people, getting to know them via masterminds is great. I would be VERY careful if you are going to become partners with anyone though...

TRUST me this last year I found out the hard way.

So I will be traveling for the next 3 months, but I am coming BACK to Scottsdale after my travels (mid to late summer).

Many of you at the Fastlane Summit expressed interest in moving to Scottsdale. I've been here for almost a year it has been nothing but life changing.

So it's time to put your money where your mouth is and decide if you'll do it.

Most of you know when three of us moved to Scottsdale - what happened and all of our lives were forever changed for the better.

If I never moved I'd probably still be in California working out of my parents garage and never outsourcing manufacturing...etc. etc.

Right now we're living in a apartment in the middle of told town - I LOVE this location. Ideally, there could be 4-10 of us living in the same complex in 2-5 Apartments.

This is a work hard, play hard sort of thing. But what you do on your own time is your business. :)

If you're in, reply to this thread or PM me directly and we'll make it happen.

@SeanKelly @FastLanePursuer @AndrewNC @TheTruth @MikeC @Castaway @K.Y. @Moneymadness
@TheTruth - stare at this picture, while listening to the song below. [HASHTAG]#persuasion101[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 9255

...I'll have my traveling/living plans decided by June 1st. The soonest I'd move in is the end of August.

This is awesome but I wouldn't let anyone in, I would do a thorough screening process. Last thing you want is someone coming down, friending everyone, have them steal everyone's idea, sabbatosh peoples businesses and then running off. IMO

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
How did I miss this thread...? Lol..

Well for those who need a testimonial from another Fastlaner who took the leap, take it from me.
We made our move here last August (at the hottest time of the year), and we *LOVE* it here!!

Here's the thread I posted about it, with more pros / cons (pretty much no cons, lol) being discussed:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/finally-moving-to-scottsdale-arizona.53494/

A couple of pics we've taken right from your front and back yard since we moved here. These are untouched, mobile phone shots. Scottsdale sunrise + orange pickin's in February(!)
8Oi8rZB.jpg

Zio8cnJ.jpg

The only single thing I miss here is the ocean and beaches, but hey - that's what vacations are for! :)
But you're pretty much living a vacation all year round here anyway.

And the heat? Me, my wife, and kids have had no problems with it. It was 115F / 45 C + for some time here. Big deal. That heat is drrryyyy as a bone and feels nice! I rather have 115 F dry any day over 85 and humid / muggy like in so many other places, ugh.
It honestly doesn't feel that bad.

@LightHouse and @Vigilante touched on the subject of coming here expecting instant networking. Good points - networking is only what you make of it. But I'm trying to actively stay in touch with as many Fastlaners as possible here. It's about what you make of it, and for me it's been awesome so far.

I created a Facebook group for those of us who live here, and we have had several lunch meetups and get togethers in one form or another. There are poker nights, there are xbox game nights, there is ALWAYS something to do or someone to meet if you want to and make an effort.

30kZBgl.jpg

@biophase , @JasonR , @Catalyst , @splok , and others have been to my house a few times and nothing beats chilling out with great Fastlaner friends, shoot the shit, talk biz, or just have some xbox fun in my StayblCam hq / "board room", lol:

So to all those who are thinking about moving.. Just do it! You won't regret it I can assure you. If living here and meeting other likeminded people won't keep you driven, accountable, and motivated to success - then nothing will. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I've already set things in motion to be living in Scottsdale by the fall. If you're still doing this (or know of anybody who is), let me know.

So the 3 month trip around the world turned into a year, which has turned me into an ex-pat traveling the globe, and I love it.

Scottsale will always have a warm place in my heart, and you never know I may end up back there to be around my friends, but for now I am happy to be on this journey.

So much opportunity exists when you expand your reach world wide (even if it's traveling for only a month or two at a time), and your perspective and view of the world shifts immensely.

I highly recommend giving it a try.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
This X10000.

When I roomed with @JasonR and @AndrewNC we actually had people hit us up to "move into our closet".

We didn't even know these people, in fact we had never talked to them before.

They wanted to "take the ultimate risk" and move into an environment that would accelerate their growth.

We actually found this a bit insulting for multiple reasons:

- They provided 0 value (they wanted to be in a great environment without working for it)
- They didn't even take the time to get to know us
- They had no idea that we built our relationship over 7 months of masterminding (and at that point it was actually very very hard for us to consider anyone into that mastermind - first, because there were 4 of us already and 2nd because we had a great vibe and intensity we didn't want to risk loosing out on)
- They didn't pay out of their pocket to come to one of the meetups (all of us who lived together and masterminded where at that years BnP meetup - so we met face to face before any decisions were made) - or to just come visit and see how we were actually operating.

Anyway, nothing is given and everything is earned.

When we did this last year, we only did it because WE felt like it was the right thing for us. No network infiltration was part of the plan. The environment and setup was specifically for our goals.

Networking, making friends, sharing ideas etc... only came after the fact.

Just like the rule of "don't chase money because it will always evade you", the same can be said about almost anything "don't chase a network because IT will evade you".

You are totally right. There's no club there. There actually have been forum members that have moved there expecting to get their club membership, only to discover that everyone doesn't hang out at MJ's house on Sunday nights. There are some legendary stories of relocations gone bad.

However, I have stopped doing that lately, as some of the myth or perception is being perpetuated by people that now live in Scottsdale. People might be disappointed if they move there (or anywhere) thinking their one way ticket buys them friends.

So... what ever. You can find camaraderie and Fast Lane where ever you are.

There is a concentration of wealth though in the Scottsdale area, that's for sure.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To those of you who wanted to move to Phoenix :

I told 'ya.

It's not a big deal compared to 95 and humidity. Ten minutes in that crap and you have to change your drenched clothes.

Throw in never suffering thru 4 feet of snow and zero degrees, and this is a picnic with frozen margarita.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Come on, that is an excuse.

I don't want to be harsh, but if you wanted to actually do this, then you would find a way.

I only say that because I am not an American citizen. Yet I found a way to get to Scottsdale and Live there for a while. In fact I got into trouble for staying in the US for too long. Just look up what you need to do and how you would do it and go from there.

Similar to business, you take it one step at a time and solve problems accordingly. Never let the first barrier you can think of interfere with your end goal.

I have had the pleasure of other people giving me similar advice, I hope it comes in handy :)

As an extra boost of motivation... This is what my balcony view from my bedroom looked like the whole time I was there:

scottsdale.jpg

I would so be in for this if it wasn't for that whole immigration thing. Great idea.

Last edited:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Arizona: Cheap, sunny all the time, red state (business friendly), many members already live there so there is a built in network..

This is a very common misconception, @Vigilante has spoken on it many times. Moving there does not gain you a network, it just happens to be a higher concentration of people linked on this forum. You still have to put in the work to build the relationships and trust of people. It is not a selling point or a given to moving to Scottsdale.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just jumping into this thread again...

The thing that sucks about living in Arizona is that I feel like I'm missing out on its best weather Nov-April when I take a vacation during that time!

Just to give you guys an idea about possible roadtrips for those who "miss" things when in Phoenix.

Los Angeles - 6 hour drive
San Diego - 8 hour drive
Vegas - 4.5 hour drive, 3 in MJs Lambo :)
Flagstaff for skiing and snowboarding - 2 hour drive
Grand Canyon - 4 hour drive
Mexico for beaches - 7 hour drive

Some drives are a little long, but there are so many different weekend trips you can take from Phoenix. Even if you worked a 9 to 5 you would have way better 3 day weekends.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
In five weeks my car will be packed.

I-10 will become my best friend as I make the drive from Florida to Arizona.

I’ve decided to make the leap and go “all in.”

Arizona has been on my mind from a very young age. I can’t take it anymore. I have to know why it’s calling me. The time is now (well… five weeks from now haha).

If you’re a Fastlaner who wants to live among like-minded people… here’s your chance.

I’m open to the idea of sharing an apartment/house with 1-2 Fastlaners in Scottsdale.

I see an environment where we push each other beyond what we think is possible, work hard toward our goals, and play hard after wins.

Regardless if anyone joins me, in five weeks… I’ll be on the road.

I’ve already spoken with several Fastlaners who live/lived in the area who gave recommendations on where to/not to live in the area, what to do when there, etc.

To those who are interested:

- I’m 26.
- I wake up earlier than most people.
- I workout six days a week.
- I choose to eat healthy 95% of the time.
- I’m scaling a physical product based business.
- I focus on improving each day.

If you’re interested in making the move to Scottsdale, or if you’re already there and want a roommate, then PM me.

*For all the Florida vs Arizona people out there, I won't be able to give a fair assessment until summer hits in Arizona.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Those thinking about moving to AZ, I suggest a visit first in MID-AUGUST. I did that specifically to test the waters of 110 degrees+ as it is the worst AZ has to offer. If you like it thereafter, then she'll be for you. And since I was coming from 92 and humidity (chicago), 110 felt actually better to me. I was sold.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Those thinking about moving to AZ, I suggest a visit first in MID-AUGUST. I did that specifically to test the waters of 110 degrees+ as it is the worst AZ has to offer. If you like it thereafter, then she'll be for you. And since I was coming from 92 and humidity (chicago), 110 felt actually better to me. I was sold.

image.jpg

Winter-Meme-624x624.jpg

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Three more fastlaners joining us here in scottsdale.... Took a trip up to Sedona yesterday to talk about our experiences.

Who's next?

Planning to record some more videos for our youtube channels in the upcoming weeks:
Grand Canyon.
Flagstaff.
Prescott.

Anyone else already out here know good filming spots?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I lived in Southern California for the summer a few years back and loved it. I would still be there if it hadn't been a money issue. It's just soooo expensive. You need some serious cash to live there.

I was just online looking at short-term rentals in Scottsdale and the temps popped up...it said Scottsdale was supposed to get to 115 degrees this week! Holy smoke, I think I might wait until the end of the year for a visit. ha
It's no where near as bad as people make it out to be. Yes it's hot but it's a dry heat. ;)

2QWUiy0.jpg

I'm from Indianapolis and I'd take 115 degrees with no humidity over 90 degrees with 70% humidity... any day.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you want to visit Scottsdale, don't do it in February. Do it in August to determine if you want to live there or not. Everybody wants to live there in February.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yeah, moving from fresno. I actually plan on settling in the apartment around mid july-early august. Any advice or tips on where to look or just what to expect? This thread is about living near each other should someone choose to move to scottsdale, where are most of you guys congregated at?

Keep in mind you should move to Scottsdale because you like Scottsdale, not because there are other Fastlaners there. There IS NO FASTLANE CLUB in Scottsdale. You're not going to be having group mastermind sessions there. This thread isn't about living near each other. There are no Sunday bar-b-cues. Move there because you like the area, but don't ask where the rest of them are because they aren't. They're stretched out across all of Phoenix, and everyone is doing their own thing. The guy that started the thread isn't even there now. He lives on Bali.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Picture this: you just moved down to Scottsdale. Your coolant tank in your car explodes and you have no AC in your car. Then, the AC in your apartment short circuits and you have no AC in your apartment.

It is 120 degrees outside.

Welcome to my life.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
This is awesome but I wouldn't let anyone in, I would do a thorough screening process. Last thing you want is someone coming down, friending everyone, have them steal everyone's idea, sabbatosh peoples businesses and then running off. IMO

I should clarify - I'm not suggesting everyone live TOGETHER.

Ideally you connect with others and move in with someone you click with, and/or get a one bedroom.

This isn't a "hey lets get a GIANT house and all share it" thing - it's hey lets get a bunch of people to move into the same area/complex thing.

I'm not too worried about idea theft as it tends to happen in close circles much less. When it does happen that person gets outted pretty quickly.

Anyone can move to Scottsdale/Pheonix - lol. :D

Last edited:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
THAT'S what the view outside your window looks like?! This picture alone is making me consider moving after I finish school. Seeing something like that every morning would be a great motivator.

Sure beats the beauty of a brick wall outside my window.

Well, it's more like this, but yah. This giant tree is blocking half of the pool.

It's not the ocean, but it doesn't suck...and we work here too.

There are quite a few places to live that have nice pool views, and aren't expensive. I'll eventually buy a place in this area unless I find a better paradise to live in.

O8ZMiUc.jpg

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Btw, i have a furnished 1br 1ba condo with private 1 car garage in scottsdale for rent. Rent is $900/mo if interested. Located at the Venetian 2 condos in Scottsdale.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.