The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I ran 6.5 miles yesterday and dug holes out in the sun. Yes it was hot. You get used to it. :)

Last time I went to Houston when it was 95 degrees, I thought I was going to die. It is all about the humidity.

My wife is currently playing in a four day golf tournament in Scottsdale. She did not say one word about the heat. She's pretty tough though.

Mmmmmhmmmmm

"Dry heat"

So is my dryer but I don't want to live in it

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Took a trip over to California yesterday.

12 hour drive round trip. Getting there wasnt bad. Pretty brutal coming back.

I had no idea I-10 was 200 miles of straight desert after you leave Phoenix lmao.

Irvine, Newport Beach, LA, the hills, Santa Monica. In that order. Went on one of the LA tour bus things lol. Was pretty interesting.

So my immediate impressions are that California is also beautiful, the weather is legit perfect and there is a shit-ton to do, but OMG...the traffic is literally one of those things that you cant fully comprehend until you've experienced it despite what people say.

I basically got a 1 day crash course on LA driving. :)

While it is nice, it's clear that in order to really enjoying living there, you're gonna need close to 6 figures at a minimum to enjoy it.
It's very overcrowded, and honestly I was shocked at how much cleaner Phoenix and Scottsdale are in comparison.

Santa Monica was super super nice but it was packed.

Parking anywhere in the LA area is pretty much outta the question apparently unless you wanna pay $20 to literally just run into a gift shop....

While I was trying to get a picture in front of Muhammad Ali's star on the walk, Johnny Manziel was around the corner buying a Rolls Royce Ghost lmao.

No biggie.

Basically, it was really nice, but until I get myself to a fairly substantial income level, I dont see myself living there.

I'm glad to be back in Scottsdale.

:cool:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'll be in town super early on Oct 4th. Then up to Sedona for a week. If anyone wants to meetup, IM me. I'm already getting with 2 members here which I am stoked about !

And yes, I'll be moving there asap. This trip isn't all vacation.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
After being there in the "winter", I'd really like to know what the 110 degrees feels like in the summer so I will prob be out in July to see.

I'm talking to my wife about potentially coming out for a few months to test the landscape and living conditions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Putting out a feeler. Anyone who attended the Fastlane Summit 2018... Want to rent an apartment in Scottsdale, AZ?

If putting out feelers for a roommate, an avatar change might be recommended... just saying!

After being there in the "winter", I'd really like to know what the 110 degrees feels like in the summer so I will prob be out in July to see.

This is recommended for ANYONE considering moving here.

You must get a SAMPLING of late July or August weather. If you think it is tolerable, you'll love it here.

When I first felt August heat I was like, "Huh? How is this any worse than 95 and humid in Chicago?"

cwalto12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 21, 2018
Louisville

I'm talking to my wife about potentially coming out for a few months to test the landscape and living conditions.
I know we are both coming from Louisville where it is perpetually gray 4 months a year, but I went to Phoenix last year for the first time when it was 100-105 degrees and...I will probably catch some flack for this...but I thought it was a joke compared to summer next to the Ohio River.

It was hot, don't get me wrong, BUT the shade actually makes a difference in Phoenix heat. In Louisville, you can be in the shade in 80 degree weather and your shorts (among other things) will be sticking to your leg in 5 mins, regardless of shade or not. Miserable.

95 degrees in Phoenix and I was walking down the street feeling pretty great TBH.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Had lunch yesterday with @Wolfman , @GuitarManDan (both just moved to town), and @Jamie T

For the others about to move here soon, let me know so we can arrange to set up more regular meetups like this. :)

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
@TheTruth - stare at this picture, while listening to the song below. [HASHTAG]#persuasion101[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 9255

...I'll have my traveling/living plans decided by June 1st. The soonest I'd move in is the end of August.

so scottsdale = having katy perry

you've said enough!

but on a more serious note, let's schedule a google hang out to figure out who's really down to pack it up and move :)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
And it is a nice place! I'm not just saying that either. I would live there. I'll post some pics later.

Here are some pics as promised. 1 br, 1 ba, 1 car garage.

IS-1esd4iu47j68t.jpg

IS-jabvuljww50d.jpg
IS-jabvzuyvpen1.jpg

The condo is the entire upper floor above these garages.
IS95mptdvfb0sn1000000000.jpg

Attachments

• IS-1esd4nrozo40t.jpg
    IS-1esd4nrozo40t.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 21

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Houston and Dallas suck, weather wise. I think Austin may be similar but a little less humid. Decent amount of Entrepreneurs in the area.

I will NOT live on the upper middle east coast. I'll never LIVE in snow. F*ck that noise.

Honestly, I've been spoiled. Grew up in California, lived near the coast in college, and here in Scottsdale. I HATE the cold and I don't understand why anyone lives in freezing temperatures.

The only cold I like is when I'm up snowboarding and have a cabin to go back to (or home where it's not snowing).

Last edited:

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Np, I had a one way ticket (but I also travelled to the states a lot prior to that trip)

They let me through without any problems (can't guarantee that for everyone though)

It will always help a ton to have a return ticket (my suggestion is you buy one 2-3 months just to visit family or like you said pay a fee to fly out later)

Also, my situation is very unique because after 6 months I went back right away (so they questioned me for an hour as to why)

I had to show bank statements, client invoices, open my luggage, give them contact info with who I'm staying etc.

Then I came back to canada and tried to return to the states immediately again lmao

I was denied a visa and questioned for a loooooong time.

Just don't overstay, have a plan and you should be fine.

Only think about a visa after you visit.

NOTE: If you stay in the states for over 6 months you lose your Canadian citizenship and HEALTH CARE!!!! So make sure you get your dates right.

P.S. Don't let anything I say deter you from going and possibly getting a visa. I just want you to know hard facts and the process this will take (and how to approach it)

P.s.s sorry if the format sucks I'm on my phone

Thanks @TheTruth I was about to reach out pertaining to this. I know you mentioned to them 2-3 mths and came back shy of 6 mths, did you initially book a round trip of 2-3 mths and cancelled or rescheduled that ticket or did you book a one way. I'm sure they'll give you tons of problems or even deny you entry with a one way tkt. Leaving for several months has been on my mind for quite some time (FL, AZ, TX) and I may just do it this year.[/QUOTE]

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
i have. wife already has a job with that starts in august . Lining up our new place now and getting all of our moving arrangements made. Still leaving mass on the 28th of june

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hmmmm. That's what they told me when I went to California in the middle of a record heat wave ;)

"It will be a dry heat!" they said. Next thing you know I am driving to a Jimmy Stewart tribute in Beverly Hills in 103 degrees with my dress literally stuck to the back of my seat from sweat. lol

P.S. Don't frighten me with your pictures depicting Arizona, Allen. haha. At first I thought it was a google ad, and I thought 'how coincidental..we were just talking about Ariz.."

I dont think LA gets dry heat. Its humid there compared to Phoenix.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
@JasonR - you still owe a visit to compare my man. Stop drinkin them coconuts in SE Asia and leggoooooooo

Ahahaha - yes I do. I have a few other friends in San Diego I owe a visit as well.

I'm currently in Bali and I'm not sure if I'm ever going to leave. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Gets up to 110 during august where I'm from
Fresno California is like a refrigerator compared to Phoenix in the summer.
Are you moving from Fresno? I lived in Northern California my whole life before moving to Arizona three years ago and now back in California (for the moment). The heat is indeed different. 120 in AZ feels much, much hotter than 110 in CA. The difference is feeling hot vs feeling like you're being assaulted with 200 hair dryers and can't escape.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I'm sorry. I don't do:

* crazy
* hurricanes (been there, have multiple t-shirts)
* WORSE humidity
* Crazy
* Alligators.

:)

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Keep in mind you should move to Scottsdale because you like Scottsdale, not because there are other Fastlaners there. There IS NO FASTLANE CLUB in Scottsdale. You're not going to be having group mastermind sessions there. This thread isn't about living near each other. There are no Sunday bar-b-cues. Move there because you like the area, but don't ask where the rest of them are because they aren't. They're stretched out across all of Phoenix, and everyone is doing their own thing. The guy that started the thread isn't even there now. He lives on Bali.

But but but... what about the SSSMM (Super Secret Scottsdale Master Mind) group?
*or is it too soon for me to make sarcastic jokes on the forum*

I mostly feel there is some super spiritual, like on the cliff of 4 paranormal universes that crossroad each other in Scottsdale, which will turn you into instant gazillionaire if you move there. Grin :)

K.Y.

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 4, 2013
I've been out here for a year now after moving from Michigan. I've gotten used to the heat. Just feels like a heat lamp is next to you. it's not humid although it feels like your skin is cooking a little.

Moved to Scottsdale for the first 6 months. Nice if you like going out and being walking distance from stuff.

Now I live in Arcadia. 10-15 min away so stuff isn't walking distance really anymore. Ubers add up.

Just want to reiterate that there is no formal fastlane club out here. I was told that when I first decided to move as well. so don't expect a weekly meet up or anything.

however you can meet other fastlaners if you provide value and put in the effort.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been out here for a year now after moving from Michigan. I've gotten used to the heat. Just feels like a heat lamp is next to you. it's not humid although it feels like your skin is cooking a little.

Moved to Scottsdale for the first 6 months. Nice if you like going out and being walking distance from stuff.

Now I live in Arcadia. 10-15 min away so stuff isn't walking distance really anymore. Ubers add up.

Just want to reiterate that there is no formal fastlane club out here. I was told that when I first decided to move as well. so don't expect a weekly meet up or anything.

however you can meet other fastlaners if you provide value and put in the effort.
It was nice taking your money at poker the other night. :mooned:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but there's literally no intellectually honest comparison between Florida and Arizona when it's 117 in Arizona.

I'm being intellectually honest based on experience in both. Suffocating vs being under a hair dryer is no comparison.

Now if we revisit this conversation in August when humidity rolls into AZ for Monsoons, then yea, time to GTFO.

where could you "summer" easily from Arizona?

It's a few hours to Flagstaff -- you might get upper 90's there (but dry), less than two hours to Sedona, Payson, Prescott-- those will lower 100's, but still dry. San Diego I believe is 6 hours away. Or 1 hour flights to CO, CA. In the end after 20+ years in both regions, Ill take 105 and dry any day over 87 and humidity.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Ok so for whatever reason Tapatalk didnt post my replies yesterday.

Anyway I landed about 7:30AM yesterday. Soon as I pulled outta the airport I was in love with the scenery. It's beautiful here. Also it was 110F yesterday and I honestly was fine. Sure it was hot but it was comparable to 85 with humidity back in Pittsburgh. I noticed I was barely sweating yesterday.

First meal, like I said was In-N-Out. Destiny fulfilled and it was amazing.

Spent most of yesterday relaxing, riding around Scottsdale, etc. Went out to a couple bars on Mill Ave in Tempe. Fashion Square is huge! The clubs in Scottsdale looked crazy! Took a ride to Old Town but it was fairly dead yesterday. Guess cause everyone's outta town right now?

I Airbnb'd a house in Scottsdale just off the 101 and E. McDonald. Pretty cheap, recently remodeled, love it.

I expected the prices of everything to be insanely high but they really aren't.

Today I'm gonna take a ride to North Scottsdale, fill out apps online, schedule apartment visits, maybe ride over to Phoenix.

Tomorrow gonna ride over to Cali probably.

I realize I wrote a short novel on my itinerary but I'm super hype right now.

Now I see why so many people on the forum got more motivated by moving here.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Eskil

I'll be maybe EOM July or August for a temp. visit with wife.

At some point it will come down to S. Florida with @Vigilante or the Scottsdale area with all of you all.

Also looking at the island life. I haven't crossed out St Thomas either at this point.

I'd answer with my thoughts but I don't have any time because I'm out on a boat on the Gulf of Mexico.

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
I'm assuming you have to own a business to do this with members here. You're not going to move there with 5 entrepreneurs making a ton of money when you work as a janitor right?

Why not? I can't think of any better motivation.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Chaseb731

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 8, 2011
I'll be moving to Gilbert in late July and my apartment will be open to all of you if you want to go a bit south. I'll have food and drinks; 150 mb/s wifi; along with whiteboard painted walls.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Well, motivation yeah but, lets be real, successful people aren't going to line up to move in with a janitor. They want to be with other successful people, not poor people.
Poor people = poor attitude and mindset, not wallet.

I'll be moving to Gilbert in late July and my apartment will be open to all of you if you want to go a bit south.
Which complex? I almost moved into Redstone in Gilbert a couple weeks ago.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Let's take the 4 States that have similar (though not identical) weather.

Arizona: Cheap, sunny all the time, red state (business friendly), many members already live there so there is a built in network.
California: Beautiful weather, expensive expensive expensive
Texas: Similar to Arizona, and many people from here live around the state as well. Reasonably inexpensive housing options in many places
Florida: Very humid, though nice weather. Hurricanes. Old people.

You ultimately live where you want, for reasons that you find important. If I was America, I'd probably do summers in NYC and winters in Scottsdale.

Just my thoughts on it.

LOL/ Spoken like a true Canadian.

If I were to break down the same four states, I would do it like this :

Arizona. Beautiful desert. Hotter than shit for 90 days a year. Awesome the rest of the year, and laughing at the Midwestern states mid-winter. Developed areas are awesome, remote areas are barren. No water.

California. High density, off the chart taxes. Impossible to buy land. Good weather. Ocean.

Texas. Southern charm. North texas (even Dallas) is too cold to truly escape winter. No state income tax. Rednecks. Minimal water access.

Florida. Melting pot. High humidity. Florida keys are tropical, like Hawaii without the plane ride. Zero state income tax, as tourists generate most of the state income through sales taxes on tourist haunts. Ocean on both sides.

There's snowbirds in Florida and Arizona in certain pockets. Every state in the nation has Fast Laners if you know where to look for them.

Ultimately, once we cash out we will spend even more time than we do now on Maui. However, that's not a place for light pockets. I would only recommend moving to Hawaii (or at least extended stays) when you have enough money that you don't have to worry about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.