The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost

Anything related to matters of the mind

mrskib

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Feb 19, 2024
I'm 14, i hate my current life and I want to leave my family as soon as I can. I'm trying to create an income source but nothing is working. I've read unscripted more than 5 times already but I literally don't know what to do or how to implement anything from the book. I tried a few months back with making products but hit a roadblock that I couldn't get pass even at the designing level. And then I think of ways to provide value but none of them are practical/I simply don't have the resources. I've tried learning coding, I've tried learning web design, I've tried creating an audience on youtube so I can eventually sell something later, I've watched countless videos on starting a business and nothing works. They act like entrepreneurship is straightforward, and that anyone can be a successful business owner with hard work, but if that's the case, how come I can't even get to the stage of "hard work" in the first place??? . I don't have good friends, I'm all alone in this. I'M STILL AT THE SAME SPOT AS 5 MONTHS AGO WHEN I STARTED. Heck, I'd even say that I was better THEN than now. I tried going back the SCRIPTED life by doing well in school, and I have done that, but nothing, nothing AT ALL has gotten better in my life except for the regret that I'm pushing myself more and more into the script, far far away from where I originally wanted to head towards. I get good grades in school, but i hate school so much and the degenerates in it. What am I suppose to do if I don't even know WHAT to do and everything fails? I know this can't go on forever, and one way or another either I'll be insane from inaction if I continue failing. MJ talks about the FTE, but I don't get it, am I supposed to go homeless to get it? I don't believe that a FTE is the only road to success, but I also don't believe I HAVE a road to success either. I don't know if my only option is to try excel in the scripted life. I want to provide value and help people, but I DONT KNOW HOW. If this is just part of the journey, I'd be content. But the worst thing is that no one knows, and I might just be heading for disaster. so yeah. Journaling, meditation, the "habits" that successful people have, nothing helps with my confused mind. I can't keep going like this

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
I think you are missing the most important piece.

Its NOT about learning to code, trying webdesign or trying to build an audience.

Its about solving other peoples problems.

Find someone that NEEDS a website and build it for them!
Find someone that NEEDS a software for their business and build it for them!
Find someone that NEEDS more customers and bring them to them!
Find someone that NEEDS there lawn mown and mown it for them!

You see? You need the skills to solve other peoples problems so you need to learn & master them.

The "HOW" you solve the problem is the hard part. Its the process. Its the learning. Its the searching.

But you will figure it out if you realy promised to solve it for someone else. So go find someone that needs your help!

Maybe you know a business owner? Maybe your mom needs help? Maybe your neighbor? Maybe your friends?

PS: also dont be discouraged! You are very young with a lot of time on your hand to figure it out. just dont give up.

mrskib

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Feb 19, 2024
I think you are missing the most important piece.

Its NOT about learning to code, trying webdesign or trying to build an audience.

Its about solving other peoples problems.

Find someone that NEEDS a website and build it for them!
Find someone that NEEDS a software for their business and build it for them!
Find someone that NEEDS more customers and bring them to them!
Find someone that NEEDS there lawn mown and mown it for them!

You see? You need the skills to solve other peoples problems so you need to learn & master them.

The "HOW" you solve the problem is the hard part. Its the process. Its the learning. Its the searching.

But you will figure it out if you realy promised to solve it for someone else. So go find someone that needs your help!

Maybe you know a business owner? Maybe your mom needs help? Maybe your neighbor? Maybe your friends?

PS: also dont be discouraged! You are very young with a lot of time on your hand to figure it out. just dont give up.
should I learn skills to something in high demand if I don't like it? I can't find any skills that I really have a passion for.

random_username

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Mar 19, 2024
I'm 14, i hate my current life and I want to leave my family as soon as I can. I'm trying to create an income source but nothing is working. I've read unscripted more than 5 times already but I literally don't know what to do or how to implement anything from the book. I tried a few months back with making products but hit a roadblock that I couldn't get pass even at the designing level. And then I think of ways to provide value but none of them are practical/I simply don't have the resources. I've tried learning coding, I've tried learning web design, I've tried creating an audience on youtube so I can eventually sell something later, I've watched countless videos on starting a business and nothing works. They act like entrepreneurship is straightforward, and that anyone can be a successful business owner with hard work, but if that's the case, how come I can't even get to the stage of "hard work" in the first place??? . I don't have good friends, I'm all alone in this. I'M STILL AT THE SAME SPOT AS 5 MONTHS AGO WHEN I STARTED. Heck, I'd even say that I was better THEN than now. I tried going back the SCRIPTED life by doing well in school, and I have done that, but nothing, nothing AT ALL has gotten better in my life except for the regret that I'm pushing myself more and more into the script, far far away from where I originally wanted to head towards. I get good grades in school, but i hate school so much and the degenerates in it. What am I suppose to do if I don't even know WHAT to do and everything fails? I know this can't go on forever, and one way or another either I'll be insane from inaction if I continue failing. MJ talks about the FTE, but I don't get it, am I supposed to go homeless to get it? I don't believe that a FTE is the only road to success, but I also don't believe I HAVE a road to success either. I don't know if my only option is to try excel in the scripted life. I want to provide value and help people, but I DONT KNOW HOW. If this is just part of the journey, I'd be content. But the worst thing is that no one knows, and I might just be heading for disaster. so yeah. Journaling, meditation, the "habits" that successful people have, nothing helps with my confused mind. I can't keep going like this
Hey man, you are 14. Your brain literally only started working few months ago, you have quite literally whole life ahead of you. Pick something that you can do today and start doing it. You will fail. A lot. But that's a part of the game, as long as you learn. When I was 14, only things I thought about was how to get to next girl, next bottle of beer and next pack of cigarettes. Be proud of yourself that you want to start doing stuff this young, and then start doing it. What is one thing you can do today that will bring you closer to what you want? And then do that.

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
should I learn skills to something in high demand if I don't like it? I can't find any skills that I really have a passion for.

You dont need passion. The guy paying you money doesnt give a ... about your passion or what you like.

Anyways. You should at least not deeply hate what you doing.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Hey mate,

Life feels very daunting at 14 because it feels like you know nothing and don’t know what to do. It’s because you haven’t experienced enough life to know what’s to come or how to get there! Firstly, you should be proud of yourself for where you are at 14.

It’s good that you’ve got drive and determination but try not to let it affect you when things don’t work out. Failure is an essential part of business and life so although you want to change your life right now you’re gonna need to fail at it a few times before you do.
Try not to take failure, business or anything in life so serious at your age because if you try a car washing business (for example) and it doesn’t work out, there are no real bad consequences.

If you don’t feel like you cant even try something and fail because of various reasons you have 2 options IMO.
1. Read, learn and try it, preserve keep trying to experience as much as possible.
2. It seems like you’ve tried that a bit so if that doesn’t work i’d suggest trying to get experience elsewhere. Books and learning don’t matter if you don’t take action on it.

EXPERIENCE IS KEY. Ask someone you know about business, message people who run businesses on social media etc. I know getting experience in anything is difficult at 14 so try not to be so hard on yourself that you feel down about it and it sounds like you’re on a good path with your intentions which is a good start.

Hope all goes well and you can clear you head soon.

Cheers
I'm 14, i hate my current life and I want to leave my family as soon as I can. I'm trying to create an income source but nothing is working. I've read unscripted more than 5 times already but I literally don't know what to do or how to implement anything from the book. I tried a few months back with making products but hit a roadblock that I couldn't get pass even at the designing level. And then I think of ways to provide value but none of them are practical/I simply don't have the resources. I've tried learning coding, I've tried learning web design, I've tried creating an audience on youtube so I can eventually sell something later, I've watched countless videos on starting a business and nothing works. They act like entrepreneurship is straightforward, and that anyone can be a successful business owner with hard work, but if that's the case, how come I can't even get to the stage of "hard work" in the first place??? . I don't have good friends, I'm all alone in this. I'M STILL AT THE SAME SPOT AS 5 MONTHS AGO WHEN I STARTED. Heck, I'd even say that I was better THEN than now. I tried going back the SCRIPTED life by doing well in school, and I have done that, but nothing, nothing AT ALL has gotten better in my life except for the regret that I'm pushing myself more and more into the script, far far away from where I originally wanted to head towards. I get good grades in school, but i hate school so much and the degenerates in it. What am I suppose to do if I don't even know WHAT to do and everything fails? I know this can't go on forever, and one way or another either I'll be insane from inaction if I continue failing. MJ talks about the FTE, but I don't get it, am I supposed to go homeless to get it? I don't believe that a FTE is the only road to success, but I also don't believe I HAVE a road to success either. I don't know if my only option is to try excel in the scripted life. I want to provide value and help people, but I DONT KNOW HOW. If this is just part of the journey, I'd be content. But the worst thing is that no one knows, and I might just be heading for disaster. so yeah. Journaling, meditation, the "habits" that successful people have, nothing helps with my confused mind. I can't keep going like this,

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What @Cano said.

This might help too:

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
What @Cano said.

This might help too:
Thanks a lot for the video Andy, there’s a lot of value in there.

I loved the comparison of how school and business are so different, i’d completely agree.

The part where you spoke about our limiting beliefs using words like “must” or “should” was really eye opening to me. There’s no set way to do anything in business and we really can make anything work.

One question about when you were saying about telling yourself “I am good enough” to do something. Let’s say designing websites, how do we show the client that we’re good enough since they won’t take my word for it?

Thanks again for the great video

All the best

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Let’s say designing websites, how do we show the client that we’re good enough since they won’t take my word for it?
That's what a portfolio is for.

Many ways to build one. You can take some low paid jobs on Fiverr...beg some family and friends for free/low paid jobs...make some mock web designs...anything that shows how you might create websites that gives what the client needs.

Also your portfolio will always be evolving.

As you get more clients and more feedback...you need to update it. So don't worry about getting everything perfect from Day 1.

But before showing them the portfolio, you need to ask the client lots on what challenges they are facing...what they tried before...what other prior web designers they hired did...and what works they might like you to model after.

That way, they'll know you will make them something that they actually like.

Sometimes you might not even need a portfolio piece to show them. Just a simple talk about their problems might do at times.

random_username

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Mar 19, 2024
Let’s say designing websites, how do we show the client that we’re good enough since they won’t take my word for it?
Easy, you have 2 unfair advantages. You are 14 and you have a bunch of free time.

From Monday to Friday create one new design in Figma or something else. On Saturday take the best out of those 5, polish it and create a static website that you can host for free on Cloudflare or Digitalocean. Do that for another 3 weeks, and at the end of that process you will have 4 static portfolio sites that are online for anyone to see and 16 attempts. You will learn a bunch in the process.

There is already plenty good information on this forum and internet. Just start doing things, and figure out stuff. Every time you want to write a post or email to someone how to achieve something specific, don't post it. But instead ask ChatGPT or google for solution. Most of the time you will find that during the writing of your post you came to answer by yourself.

When you start selling to someone, use that you are 14 as your advantage. Most people are good people, and will try to work with you simply because they think it's cool that you are so young and trying to be a businessman. They will even tell everyone around them how you are a wonderkid and so smart.

That's already plenty information to get you started, go and take action.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Yes you should make yourself homeless. It will create the resolve in you to change your life. Then, double down. Get another homeless girl pregnant, and then join the military.

Lmao dude you’re in the 8th grade

Just do pushups and commit misdemeanors with your homies. The hottest girl in your school is actually a 6/10 in a few years, don’t be intimidated.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Just 14. You are miles ahead.

Go offline. Try cleaning.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Get off social media, it is creating this fake urgency and feeling that life/entrepreneurship is easy.

You're 14. Right now the most important business decision you can make is preserving your mental health and focusing on being fit/healthy -- don't succumb to culture's inertia which is to be a sugar addicted pre-diabetic social media junkie.

You have plenty of time to figure things out. Enjoy your teens my friend.

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024

Many ways to build one. You can take some low paid jobs on Fiverr...beg some family and friends for free/low paid jobs...make some mock web designs...anything that shows how you might create websites that gives what the client needs.

As you get more clients and more feedback...you need to update it. So don't worry about getting everything perfect from Day 1.

But before showing them the portfolio, you need to ask the client lots on what challenges they are facing...what they tried before...what other prior web designers they hired did...and what works they might like you to model after.

Sometimes you might not even need a portfolio piece to show them. Just a simple talk about their problems might do at times.
Thanks for the heads up

Ahhh okay that makes sense. I appreciate your input mate

jjolley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Apr 25, 2024
Easy, you have 2 unfair advantages. You are 14 and you have a bunch of free time.

From Monday to Friday create one new design in Figma or something else. On Saturday take the best out of those 5, polish it and create a static website that you can host for free on Cloudflare or Digitalocean. Do that for another 3 weeks, and at the end of that process you will have 4 static portfolio sites that are online for anyone to see and 16 attempts. You will learn a bunch in the process.

There is already plenty good information on this forum and internet. Just start doing things, and figure out stuff. Every time you want to write a post or email to someone how to achieve something specific, don't post it. But instead ask ChatGPT or google for solution. Most of the time you will find that during the writing of your post you came to answer by yourself.

When you start selling to someone, use that you are 14 as your advantage. Most people are good people, and will try to work with you simply because they think it's cool that you are so young and trying to be a businessman. They will even tell everyone around them how you are a wonderkid and so smart.

That's already plenty information to get you started, go and take action.
I’m not 14 myself but that insight is golden. I’m implementing that straight away into business. I really appreciate the comment.

mrskib

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Feb 19, 2024
thank you all for your responses

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.