The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just finished The Millionaire Fastlane, debating whether I should do what he did...

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024
Namely, quitting my job and moving to where I want to live, then figuring out how to make my business work there.

I just turned 30 last month, and I moved back in with my parents about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't found the financial security to move out and stay out. I originally had a Sidewalk plan, but quickly realized I hated working long hours for other people with zero job security, which is why I left the job I was at and moved back with my parents.

I had tried and failed several ventures; spent 3 years trying to get my modeling/acting career going (I was signed, but later dropped because I didn't want to get vaxinated), dabbled with Facebook advertising for local businesses with funnels, dipped my toes into dropshipping before it also dissipated due to the virus shutting down distribution, and even tried to help businesses get free money through the ERC before the government shut down down too.

I work a full-time job that was originally my part-time safety job while I tried to figure all the aforementioned ventures out. I live in Delaware, only make about $46k gross, but I hate my boss and there's no upward mobility.

My latest venture, the one I plan to stick with, is an SMMA model where I target mortgage loan officers and seek to provide them appointments with qualified leads. I've taken action and launched the program twice, to little success, but I think that's largely in part to wanting to get something going rather than making sure it was built on a solid foundation.

My brother recently got let go from his job in NY, my sister basically disowned our family almost a year ago, and I'm living in suburban Delaware with my parents afraid of moving out and not being able to stay out again.

So that's my introduction, would love to see what you guys think about the viability of what I'm considering doing and whether I should do something drastic like MJ did - quit my job, take the leap, put myself under pressure, move somewhere like AZ or FL and make it work - or whether that's a bit romantic and more likely to land me homeless.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 30, 2022
Namely, quitting my job and moving to where I want to live, then figuring out how to make my business work there.

I just turned 30 last month, and I moved back in with my parents about 5 or 6 years ago and haven't found the financial security to move out and stay out. I originally had a Sidewalk plan, but quickly realized I hated working long hours for other people with zero job security, which is why I left the job I was at and moved back with my parents.

I had tried and failed several ventures; spent 3 years trying to get my modeling/acting career going (I was signed, but later dropped because I didn't want to get vaxinated), dabbled with Facebook advertising for local businesses with funnels, dipped my toes into dropshipping before it also dissipated due to the virus shutting down distribution, and even tried to help businesses get free money through the ERC before the government shut down down too.

I work a full-time job that was originally my part-time safety job while I tried to figure all the aforementioned ventures out. I live in Delaware, only make about $46k gross, but I hate my boss and there's no upward mobility.

My latest venture, the one I plan to stick with, is an SMMA model where I target mortgage loan officers and seek to provide them appointments with qualified leads. I've taken action and launched the program twice, to little success, but I think that's largely in part to wanting to get something going rather than making sure it was built on a solid foundation.

My brother recently got let go from his job in NY, my sister basically disowned our family almost a year ago, and I'm living in suburban Delaware with my parents afraid of moving out and not being able to stay out again.

So that's my introduction, would love to see what you guys think about the viability of what I'm considering doing and whether I should do something drastic like MJ did - quit my job, take the leap, put myself under pressure, move somewhere like AZ or FL and make it work - or whether that's a bit romantic and more likely to land me homeless.
Don't take the leap.

I'm pretty sure @MJ DeMarco says this too, but you shouldn't be putting yourself in a very defenseless position just for "pressure." The pressure should occur to you right now.

If you can't build the business while your at your job, then it seems like more of a work ethic and mindset issue.

Its a different story if quitting and moving where you wanted to move didn't make you so vulnerable and possibly benefitted your goals, but it seems like an impulsive decision that moves you away from your goals since theres a chance you'll be homeless like you described.

Which is why it'll probably be way harder to succeed by quitting instead of just staying and building the business on the side.

Just quit your job when you have something moving.

Last edited:

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024
Don't take the leap.

I'm pretty sure @MJ DeMarco says this too, but you shouldn't be putting yourself in a very defenseless position just for "pressure." The pressure should occur to you right now.

If you can't build the business while your at your job, then it seems like more of a work ethic and mindset issue.

Its a different story if quitting and moving where you wanted to move didn't make you so vulnerable and possibly benefitted your goals, but it seems like an impulsive decision that moves you away from your goals since theres a chance you'll be homeless like you described.

Which is why it'll probably be way harder to succeed by quitting instead of just staying and building the business on the side.

Just quit your job when you have something moving.
Really? I'm actually surprised to hear a "no".

I mean, worst case scenario is I would end up back at home, like how I am now. I don't necessarily think I need to be under the pressure to be successful, but I've been at the same place financially since I moved back in with my parents - failed venture after failed venture eating into whatever money I had saved up.

Part of the reason I feel this has taken so long to get off the ground is because once I finish my 8-hours and get home from the gym afterwards it's usually about 8PM or so. When I had launched the first 2 iterations of my advertising for this business one of the problems I ran into was not being able to take incoming calls because I was working, or not being able to schedule demos until later because I had to be at home in front of my computer to share my screen to show these clients what they were getting.

Additionally, getting those 40 hours back would help me speed up my learning and make adjustments to what didn't work with my service previously so I'm not feeling like I'm half-assing two things at once between my job and my dream.

I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else to change their answer, I'm just surprised the suggestion is to continue playing it safe.

I have about $4,000 saved up at the moment, with my only obligations being student loans and the SMMA community I'm a part of where I'm learning all of this. If I were to end up in FL we do have some family friends there, AZ not so much, but I've always wanted to end up in one of those spots.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 30, 2022
I mean, worst case scenario is I would end up back at home, like how I am now. I don't necessarily think I need to be under the pressure to be successful, but I've been at the same place financially since I moved back in with my parents - failed venture after failed venture eating into whatever money I had saved up.
If that's truly the worst case scenario then its up to you.

Just weigh the choices. If you quit, you no longer have an income to pay for student loans, basic expenses, and funding your venture. If you think you can get the ball rolling with $4,000 then go for it.

I personally wouldn't move though since that'll just kill your $4,000.

Either way, choose whatever choice is better for your goals.

Additionally, getting those 40 hours back would help me speed up my learning and make adjustments to what didn't work with my service previously so I'm not feeling like I'm half-assing two things at once between my job and my dream.
Sure, but there are plenty of people that start successful business while at a job by utilizing their weekend and extreme time management. Just think carefully about the pros and cons of quitting or staying and make your best guess on whats best.

Also, I would only quit if your confident your going to work extremely hard (almost every waking second) on your business in order to succeed.

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024
If that's truly the worst case scenario then its up to you.

Just weigh the choices. If you quit, you no longer have an income to pay for student loans, basic expenses, and funding your venture. If you think you can get the ball rolling with $4,000 then go for it.

I personally wouldn't move though since that'll just kill your $4,000.

Either way, choose whatever choice is better for your goals.

Sure, but there are plenty of people that start successful business while at a job by utilizing their weekend and extreme time management. Just think carefully about the pros and cons of quitting or staying and make your best guess on whats best.

Also, I would only quit if your confident your going to work extremely hard (almost every waking second) on your business in order to succeed.

Mind if I ask what your personal business journey looks like so far?

Also, does MJ ever weigh in on people's posts? Or maybe would there have been a better place to ask this to get more opinions?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Welcome BPH to the Forum.

Mind if I ask what your personal business journey looks like so far?

Also, does MJ ever weigh in on people's posts? Or maybe would there have been a better place to ask this to get more opinions?
He does.

You need to reflect on why MJ had to move.

For him, a major problem was his old hometown didn't have much sun, which gave him depressions. Which also made his old job as a limo driver pretty miserable.

In your case, you need to decide how much you can control presently to improve your success. MJ obviously couldn't control the weather, so he decided to move somewhere else sunnier. Improved mental health, even.

That being said, moving out to somewhere REAL alien can also take a toll if you don't have a single idea on building a support system...and you aren't ready to live on beans and rice for that time being.

My latest venture, the one I plan to stick with, is an SMMA model where I target mortgage loan officers and seek to provide them appointments with qualified leads. I've taken action and launched the program twice, to little success
How did you 'launch the program twice'? You already had a list of folks, and you sent out emails?

Or are you hitting them up with cold emails or DMs?

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024
Welcome BPH to the Forum.

He does.

You need to reflect on why MJ had to move.

For him, a major problem was his old hometown didn't have much sun, which gave him depressions. Which also made his old job as a limo driver pretty miserable.

In your case, you need to decide how much you can control presently to improve your success. MJ obviously couldn't control the weather, so he decided to move somewhere else sunnier. Improved mental health, even.

That being said, moving out to somewhere REAL alien can also take a toll if you don't have a single idea on building a support system...and you aren't ready to live on beans and rice for that time being.

How did you 'launch the program twice'? You already had a list of folks, and you sent out emails?

Or are you hitting them up with cold emails or DMs?

Yeah, I understood why he moved, but he came to that decision while sitting in a limo stuck in a blizzard after having taken several painkillers to get through his day - the point being he had enough of his current life.

I've hit that point a few times, whether it's my obese boss calling me to chew me out over somebody else's f***-up with the rationale being that I should've seen their mistake and corrected it, or coming home from my underwhelming one-week beach vacation with my family and realizing THAT was the highlight of my whole summer.

I don't want to live in Delaware my whole life, there's nothing exciting about it. The only thing here for me is my family. There are places I want to go that I feel like I can't go because I can't afford to live on my own without the fear of ending back in my parent's house. So that's why I thought maybe I needed pressure where I don't have my full-time income or rent-free living as parachutes.

As far as the twice-launched program, I prioritized speed so I could start selling, making mistakes, and learning. I sought to advertise lead generation and appointments for loan officers, originally with a pay-per-close model. To avoid legal issues, I shut that one down because RESPA has restrictions when it comes to splitting fees based on a transaction closing.

Upon relaunch, I structured it as pay-per-app(lication), as in when they submit a loan application. Problem is that a lot of clients interpreted it as pay-per-close, so that turned off some prospects. I structured it as an A/B close with the intent to have them choose the retainer over this performance model, but that didn't work. I had one person sign on and he did the performance, chose to shut down his ads after 1 month because he didn't like the traction we were getting with the lead quality, so I made no money off him.

Now, the third time around, I'm structuring it solely as a retainer model and coming in LOW to get my foot in the door, build testimonials, fine-tune my service, and then increase the price as demand goes up.

So far I've only been doing paid ads because I can't do lead outreach while at work during my shift. When a lead comes in I'll step out for a few minutes to try and get them on the phone for an intro call, but every demo had to be booked in the evening which led to appointments further into the future and more no-shows.

This is why I'm considering quitting to buy my time back.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
566%
Apr 17, 2022
So that's my introduction, would love to see what you guys think about the viability of what I'm considering doing
I don't know you, I do have my personal biases, and I don't want to sound discouraging in any way...

But this entire story SCREAMS money-chasing behavior.

Here we routinely do a simple test to determine one's inclinations: money-chaser vs value-provider. We count specific keywords in a post:
  • "I" used 14 times
  • "My" used 12 times
  • "Value" used 0 times
  • "Provide" used 1 time

whether I should do something drastic
Yes.

In my estimation, a drastic change is warranted.

But it has nothing to do with your employment status or where you live. Quitting your job and risking homelessness would only add more fuel to the fire of this egocentric money-chasing drama story.

The drastic change needs to happen in your mind. Your perspective needs to change.

Business is not about me, me, me, and what I want for myself.

Business is about helping people and getting paid for it. (@Andy Black © All rights reserved)

Business is about providing value to the world.

Money is merely a (fortunate) side-effect of doing good business.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't know you, I do have my personal biases, and I don't want to sound discouraging in any way...

Here we routinely do a simple test to determine one's inclinations: money-chaser vs value-provider. We count specific keywords in a post:
  • "I" used 14 times
  • "My" used 12 times
  • "Value" used 0 times
  • "Provide" used 1 time

Yes.

But it has nothing to do with your employment status or where you live. Quitting your job and risking homelessness would only add more fuel to the fire of this egocentric money-chasing drama story.

The drastic change needs to happen in your mind. Your perspective needs to change.

Business is about helping people and getting paid for it. (@Andy Black © All rights reserved)

Saw I was tagged. Had to squint to figure out where. Thanks for the shoutout @heavy_industry... trademark pending.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Really? I'm actually surprised to hear a "no".

Part of the reason I feel this has taken so long to get off the ground is because once I finish my 8-hours and get home from the gym afterwards it's usually about 8PM or so. When I had launched the first 2 iterations of my advertising for this business one of the problems I ran into was not being able to take incoming calls because I was working, or not being able to schedule demos until later because I had to be at home in front of my computer to share my screen to show these clients what they were getting.

I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else to change their answer, I'm just surprised the suggestion is to continue playing it safe.

I have about $4,000 saved up at the moment, with my only obligations being student loans and the SMMA community I'm a part of where I'm learning all of this. If I were to end up in FL we do have some family friends there, AZ not so much, but I've always wanted to end up in one of those spots.

Welcome here!

You work 8 hours a day, and let's say 1 hour for the gym per day (you dont need more to be healthy). Sleep is very important to be productive, so say you get 8h. That's 17 hours. So you have 7 hours available during the week and 15 hours available on days you are not working. How are you using those available hours to get your first paying client (singular - one client)?

We don't know about your living arrangements with your parents, but you are living with them and have only 4k in savings. Typically, people moving back with their parents do so to save money. How would you fare in a different city, with a higher financial burden? You will still have to work. 4k won't take you far.

Take time to digest MJ book. Go back and re-read. Pick up Noah Kagan's book Million Dollar Weekend. You dont need to read the whole thing, just part 1 and part 2. Then get going. Don't quit until you have traction.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

If you need me to make your personal life decisions for you, you won't make it as an entrepreneur.

If I could, I wouldn't either.

More here:

That said, I moved without a safety net because I viewed the "worst case scenario" after the move better than staying.

Worse case? I got a job in sunny Phoenix driving cabs, waiting tables, or doing something mindless. Enough to pay the bills, and enough to keep grinding my Fastlane amidst sun and palm trees.

I knew the move to Arizona would invigorate my dream 10X versus staying in Chicago fighting things I couldn't control (weather, peer/family pressures, etc.)... even under the worst case.

What's your worse case scenario post move?
What's the plan that can avoid the worse case?
Are you prepared for the worst case with a set of expectations?
Is the worst case still better than the status quo?

I viewed my move to Arizona as the perfect foundational move, a solid ground upon which to build upon, even if that ground required me to wash dishes for minimum wage.

Good luck on the decision.

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024

• "I" used 14 times
  • "My" used 12 times
  • "Value" used 0 times
  • "Provide" used 1 time

Yes.

I agree that my reasons are selfish, which is probably part of why I've had to relaunch twice over. That said, this post comes off self-centered because I'm asking what people would suggest as part of my journey, and introducing them to who I am and what I've done so far, rather than how my idea would benefit others.

Also, I know that in order to be successful with business it has to be a selfless venture, but when MJ got fed up with Chicago and put together his WADM to decide whether to move I highly doubt he was considering somebody else's well-being vs what HE needs to take action and be successful.

Welcome here!

You work 8 hours a day, and let's say 1 hour for the gym per day (you dont need more to be healthy). Sleep is very important to be productive, so say you get 8h. That's 17 hours. So you have 7 hours available during the week and 15 hours available on days you are not working. How are you using those available hours to get your first paying client (singular - one client)?

We don't know about your living arrangements with your parents, but you are living with them and have only 4k in savings. Typically, people moving back with their parents do so to save money. How would you fare in a different city, with a higher financial burden? You will still have to work. 4k won't take you far.

Take time to digest MJ book. Go back and re-read. Pick up Noah Kagan's book Million Dollar Weekend. You dont need to read the whole thing, just part 1 and part 2. Then get going. Don't quit until you have traction.

Thanks for the welcome.

Reading this made me want check my numbers since you're right on most aspects of this: I limit myself to 5 hours of sleep, I feel like if I'm getting more then I'm wasting time. Takes me about 1 hour between the commute to work and back, about 1.5 hours between the gym and cardio (except for Wednesdays where I rest), 8 hour shift at work, and probably about .5-1 hour between stuff like meal prep for the next day, meals during the day, showering, etc.

Unfortunately that still maths out to 8 hours at most. Right now I'm using that time to educate myself so that I can deliver a better service and experience to my potential clients this time around. I found MJ's book through a recommendation by a YouTuber named Ali Abdaal where he recommends Fastlane, Million Dollar Weekend, Dotcom Secrets, and $100M Offers, along with 2 podcast interviews with Dan Priestley, 1 podcast with Robin Waite, and 2 others I have yet to watch. Additionally I'm going through GoHighLevel's University to really learn all the features so I can give my clients a higher chance of success.

I know that's more granular that you probably care to read, but I wanted to give a full answer. The problem so far is that with the job I HAVE to schedule demo meetings and longer calls in the evenings after work, and that doesn't work with a lot of people. As far as the finances, the unfortunate reality as to why I don't have more saved up is because I pay for this education, these communities, backend subscriptions for this service, etc. I only recently took this job on full-time in order to be able to pay more of those bills so I could afford to pursue this venture.

I'll reread his book. Initially I found a 10-hour audio reading that I listened to at 1.5x speed while reading the book to try and really digest everything. I should be able to finish that in about 7.5 hours, then I can look into Million Dollar Weekend like you suggest.

I'm just afraid I won't get traction unless I'm under pressure to perform and can get my time back. I've been in essentially the same place for the last 6 years, so that's why this is all a consideration after having read his book the first time and having my eyes opened to what's possible.

If you need me to make your personal life decisions for you, you won't make it as an entrepreneur.

If I could, I wouldn't either.

More here:

That said, I moved without a safety net because I viewed the "worst case scenario" after the move better than staying.

Worse case? I got a job in sunny Phoenix driving cabs, waiting tables, or doing something mindless. Enough to pay the bills, and enough to keep grinding my Fastlane amidst sun and palm trees.

I knew the move to Arizona would invigorate my dream 10X versus staying in Chicago fighting things I couldn't control (weather, peer/family pressures, etc.)... even under the worst case.

What's your worse case scenario post move?
What's the plan that can avoid the worse case?
Are you prepared for the worst case with a set of expectations?
Is the worst case still better than the status quo?

I viewed my move to Arizona as the perfect foundational move, a solid ground upon which to build upon, even if that ground required me to wash dishes for minimum wage.

Good luck on the decision.

Never thought I'd get a response from the man himself. I appreciate that.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Unfortunately that still maths out to 8 hours at most. Right now I'm using that time to educate myself so that I can deliver a better service and experience to my potential clients this time around. I found MJ's book through a recommendation by a YouTuber named Ali Abdaal where he recommends Fastlane, Million Dollar Weekend, Dotcom Secrets, and $100M Offers, along with 2 podcast interviews with Dan Priestley, 1 podcast with Robin Waite, and 2 others I have yet to watch. Additionally I'm going through GoHighLevel's University to really learn all the features so I can give my clients a higher chance of success.

I know that's more granular that you probably care to read, but I wanted to give a full answer. The problem so far is that with the job I HAVE to schedule demo meetings and longer calls in the evenings after work, and that doesn't work with a lot of people. As far as the finances, the unfortunate reality as to why I don't have more saved up is because I pay for this education, these communities, backend subscriptions for this service, etc. I only recently took this job on full-time in order to be able to pay more of those bills so I could afford to pursue this venture.

You are overthinking this. You can't consume your way onto team producer.
Who can you help today? Start for free. Add value to one person.

You dont need any backend subscription if you dont have a client, let alone a paying client. Unless it helps you showcase what you can do, cancel them.

Cancel GoHighLevel. I don't need to know what course you did. Show me what you can do for me, and you have my $. If you want to do SMMA, show how you do it for yourself. This is all you need: CHECKLIST: How To Start A Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K In Less Than 90 Days. Then go take action, and learn by doing; it is a thousand times faster.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
566%
Apr 17, 2022

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black 4 times now! In a single day! And in the same thread! :oops:

(Alright, I'm sorry, I'll stop with the spam - this was the last joke :innocent: :halo:)
Thanks for highlighting these. Maybe I should gather all my one-liners in one place.

EDIT: Found it:

BPH1994

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 13, 2024
You are overthinking this. You can't consume your way onto team producer.
Who can you help today? Start for free. Add value to one person.

You dont need any backend subscription if you dont have a client, let alone a paying client. Unless it helps you showcase what you can do, cancel them.

Cancel GoHighLevel. I don't need to know what course you did. Show me what you can do for me, and you have my $. If you want to do SMMA, show how you do it for yourself. This is all you need: CHECKLIST: How To Start A Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K In Less Than 90 Days. Then go take action, and learn by doing; it is a thousand times faster.

This is the first thing I don't fully agree with.

I've taken action and failed twice, and it's been expensive both times in terms of the subscription services and in terms of paid ads to do outreach since I'm time-limited. GoHighLevel provides the systems that are built out for these clients to show them how I can help them. Without that, it would be like running a car dealership without any cars.

I've rushed this out the door twice in the interest of taking action, so I'm slowing down to try and get more things right his time around.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
268%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
This is the first thing I don't fully agree with.

I've taken action and failed twice, and it's been expensive both times in terms of the subscription services and in terms of paid ads to do outreach since I'm time-limited. GoHighLevel provides the systems that are built out for these clients to show them how I can help them. Without that, it would be like running a car dealership without any cars.

I've rushed this out the door twice in the interest of taking action, so I'm slowing down to try and get more things right his time around.

I didn't say to rush; I said to take real action. The systems and all of that at your stage are "action faking." It gives you the illusion that you are moving, but you are not.

You are not focusing enough on who you are trying to help. At least based on what I have read from you so far.

I mentioned the @Sean Marshall thread because of that. This is what he said in a reply to you:
What do loan officers need/want the most? How can you solve that and at a price they think is more than fair? Is there somebody else doing what you want to do? Spoiler: Yes. How can you emulate them? What's your USP/angle/additional value?

This is what you should focus on. Once you get through that stage, you can think of systems and then scale. Until then, it is time wasted.

Here is an example. I am in the Total rewards field and get regularly solicited by companies to offer their services. I don't answer 99% of the requests I receive. Because most of them are all about themselves and the system they offer. Nothing talking to my needs and how they can help me. It is all about them, bla bla. Have no time for that.

I jumped on a call with a handful of them. They stood out because they addressed my needs. They said, "We know you X is a pain for you. We can help you. We will save you time with this process, at this step, and this is how your team will benefit from it".

In fact, a company reached out to me a year ago with a promising solution to a huge pain I have. We jumped on a call without me checking their platform. We then scheduled a follow-up call, during which they showed me more. And get this: they have one thing missing, which is a deal breaker for me but that they have on their roadmap for this year. I asked them to contact me when they have a demo. The value of what they will receive if we use their platform is upward of 1.5M+ in ARR.

Wishing you luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...