The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 27, 2015
Germany
How does it keep track of portion? Using chatgpt 4 I could upload the image and ask it for calories count.
Just tell it about the portion. Like "4 slices of bread" or "a handfull of chips". You can also upload an image.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
People are getting pissed off at the crime in big cities. Today, there is a video of a couple walking their dog in NYC getting attacked from behind by a guy, and they hold him down and stab him 7 times. In France, a kid bothering people on a train was choked out and dragged off the train by a bystander.

Coming to a big city near you!

This is one of the factors that compelled me to leave Phoenix after 20 great years. I saw the writing on the wall. Mass migration, population changes (tax the rich 10% in state taxes!) traffic, political corruption, inept leaders, throw in a corrupt county / state government (are they still counting votes from the 2022 election?) I could see what was coming down the road and I wasn't going to be part of it. Adios.

Incidentally, a few months ago I read a news report about a young kid who was brutally murdered in my old neighborhood.

This happened literally 4 doors down the street from the house I sold before moving to UT.

Is UT any better?

Of course not, however in the grand scheme of the rotten culture that is currently circling the drain, UT will be the last state in the union to flush down the toilet. I used to think Texas could be saved, but their big city governments are also lost causes.

And now with articles like this from the same news rags that are responsible for the cultural rot, my little secret will be stolen away sooner than later...

1715873535977.png

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

In much of Europe this is not about the size of the city but about the number and origin of migrants. Few people want to talk about it publicly but most of the problems are caused by migrants coming from backward countries who are unable to integrate into a civilized, polite, and non-violent society.

Thankfully some countries opt not to welcome such migrants and are still super safe and will probably remain so as long as the trash is kept away or swiftly dealt with if anything happens.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

This is one of the factors that compelled me to leave Phoenix after 20 great years. I saw the writing on the wall. Mass migration, population changes (tax the rich 10% in state taxes!) traffic, political corruption, inept leaders, throw in a corrupt county / state government (are they still counting votes from the 2022 election?) I could see what was coming down the road and I wasn't going to be part of it. Adios.

Incidentally, a few months ago I read a news report about a young kid who was brutally murdered in my old neighborhood.

This happened literally 4 doors down the street from the house I sold before moving to UT.

Is UT any better?

Of course not, however in the grand scheme of the rotten culture that is currently circling the drain, UT will be the last state in the union to flush down the toilet. I used to think Texas could be saved, but their big city governments are also lost causes.

And now with articles like this from the same news rags that are responsible for the cultural rot, my little secret will be stolen away sooner than later...

View attachment 55964

Utah seems like a nice place, and it has a lot of tech jobs. It is a little weird that all the cities are on the same fault-line that is over due for a major earthquake.

Wasatch_Fault.gif

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Since about 3 weeks, I watch Twitter (X) to get an impression of how it influences people.
And I can tell, the world has become much darker and worse for me!

Now don t scroll any more, but only look for threads/posts of people I m looking for or whom I follow ( not 2 hands full)

If you do : stop Twitter/Tictoc, ......! Doesn t improove your life!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Top ten reasons I hate America.

Number 10:
View attachment 55941
If I still ate junk food I would absolutely buy those. Those were two of my favorite things, smashed into one!!!!

But as it stands I only eat two meals a day now, one consists of eggs and cheese, so I only have to think about one meal a day. Snacks are dried fruit and nuts. No space for Sour Patch oreos or chips or other candies.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
If I still ate junk food I would absolutely buy those. Those were two of my favorite things, smashed into one!!!!

But as it stands I only eat two meals a day now, one consists of eggs and cheese, so I only have to think about one meal a day. Snacks are dried fruit and nuts. No space for Sour Patch oreos or chips or other candies.
I'm all plant based. 100% clean. Nuts and dried fruit make good snacks but they're also a vital part of my diet.

Kavin

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 28, 2023
Dubai
so i had 1 question
should i just stay away from scripted friends who think all abut getting a job and doing there thing and trash talk you if you talk abut entrepreneurship?
thx in advance

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nothing wrong with friends who have jobs and are Slowlane...

trash talk you if you talk abut entrepreneurship?

But this is a dealbreaker and a friend-ender.

You don't need people in your life who don't support your growth, and instead want you chained, stagnant and kept losers like them.

On the flipside, stop talking, and start doing.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
American cities are collapsing.

-Terrible roads and infrastructure.
-Crime.
-Mental illness.
-Homlessness.
-Unemployment and Freeloading.
-Deteriorating Job economies.
-Unlimited illegal immigration masquerading as Ellis Island.

Long gone are days where you would move to LA or NY with $300 to pursue your acting career or career in show business.

Nvidia stock is still going up, and that’s all that matters!

Jensen Huang, Janet Yellen and Jerome Powell will keep the American dream alive.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I think vehicle manufacturers have an inside joke to see who can make the ugliest electric vehicle possible. They just look absolutely terrible.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
363%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Important learning recently, credit to James Clear:

You know how sometimes you feel like you won't be happy until you get that business successful, that girl, that car, whatever?

This automatically puts success before happiness.

But the reality is actually the reverse.

Your happiness is the thing that allows you to see the opportunities that lead to that kind of success.

Being bogged down in a hole, isolated, trying to "build your business" while frustrated and angry.. Have these moments of frustration ever produced something effective for you? Probably not..

So therefore, we should embrace the freedom to be happy, because it is actually the thing leading us to the success we want.

I'm personally guilty. After understanding this simple fact, I vow here and now to put more effort into my happiness, starting now. Who's with me?

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
so i had 1 question
should i just stay away from scripted friends who think all abut getting a job and doing there thing and trash talk you if you talk abut entrepreneurship?
thx in advance

Not necessary. Just don't talk about entrepreneurship with them. They're wrong audience.

But if they are energy-drainers and negative about your overall improvement, drop them.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Job.

I have a customer, who makes about 6% of my revenue. The time I have to use is more than 6%. For these 6% I have to make 2 visits a week, which "destroy" ma Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. For this customer I have to drive quite long.

On the other hand : I like him. And its 6%.

Now I calculated what s left after taxes and it s about 25€ per hour of lifetime. The average I get is about 100€.

How to decide to get rid of him or not?

- my son will maybe walk in my footsteps and than take him. But thats in 2 years.
- geting rid means to have 2 afternoons, free for whatever to do; in the back I never had a pullback of revenue in the long time at similar things

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Job.

I have a customer, who makes about 6% of my revenue. The time I have to use is more than 6%. For these 6% I have to make 2 visits a week, which "destroy" ma Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. For this customer I have to drive quite long.

On the other hand : I like him. And its 6%.

Now I calculated what s left after taxes and it s about 25€ per hour of lifetime. The average I get is about 100€.

How to decide to get rid of him or not?

- my son will maybe walk in my footsteps and than take him. But thats in 2 years.
- geting rid means to have 2 afternoons, free for whatever to do; in the back I never had a pullback of revenue in the long time at similar things
Seems like you already know what to do?

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Yikes.

"UniSuper, an Australian pension fund that manages $135 billion worth of funds and has 647,000 members, had its entire account wiped out at Google Cloud, including all its backups that were stored on the service. UniSuper thankfully had some backups with a different provider and was able to recover its data, but according to UniSuper's incident log, downtime started May 2, and a full restoration of services didn't happen until May 15."

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 5, 2023
France

Simple businesses are always nice to study:
- upload a few pictures of you and your wife/husband to get a photoshoot of your future baby
- I don't give a sh*t about anticipating my baby's look, but it seems a lot of people do (demand is there)
- fully automated, not time consuming
- could be easily scaled (I would personnaly target pregnant womens in priority)

It generates 1,000$/month, it's around 100 customers (current pricing is 9$).

Website seems to be done through Carrd (a VERY simple website builder). Then it just connects with an API from a specific AI. Very simple!

While not perfect, it's a good automated income source. I found the idea original so I wanted to share. It gives an idea of the potential new simple businesses AI could help to run in the coming years (even if not fully compliant to CENTS, it's a good side hustle).

If you want to know more, have a look on the author's Twitter profile. He also launched two other sites with the same tools.

Last edited:

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Gentlemen, I know you might not believe me, but...
If you remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button... I've just found how to make it 40*50*20cm in dimensions (15.6*20*7.8in), which means it won't even occupy a table.

Turns our I could compress or nest all components into each other. That still leaves the machine with 5L boiling and peeling volume, plenty cutting space, 6 input chambers and 20cm (8in) frying pan diameter.

As you may remember patent already filed, which I will later expand to an international stage.

*Micdrop*

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 4, 2019
Gentlemen, I know you might not believe me, but...
If you remember FullCook - a machine that can cook anything you want with a press of a button... I've just found how to make it 40*50*20cm in dimensions (15.6*20*7.8in), which means it won't even occupy a table.

Turns our I could compress or nest all components into each other. That still leaves the machine with 5L boiling and peeling volume, plenty cutting space, 6 input chambers and 20cm (8in) frying pan diameter.

As you may remember patent already filed, which I will later expand to an international stage.

*Micdrop*

I would save the micdrop until you build a functioning prototype.
Patents can be issued for non-functional technology!!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Is it just me, or do we have a sudden ramp up in weight loss threads?

Everyone wants to get in shape for the summer but it's a little too late if you're 50 pounds overweight.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The free Beeper app on my phone is great.

It's one app to get messages across other apps.

It also means I could potentially delete the LinkedIn app from my phone but still get messages.

I wonder how long it will be before they have a paid version that acts like a CRM?

The app:
Screenshot_20240521_111013.jpg

The platforms it can connect to (and maybe it's only listing the ones installed on my phone?):
Screenshot_20240521-110629_Beeper.jpg

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
The free Beeper app on my phone is great.

It's one app to get messages across other apps.

It also means I could potentially delete the LinkedIn app from my phone but still get messages.

I wonder how long it will be before they have a paid version that acts like a CRM?

The app:
View attachment 56032

The platforms it can connect to (and maybe it's only listing the ones installed on my phone?):
View attachment 56031
Does it work if the other apps aren’t installed? I would guess not, because, I think, the way it retrieves the messages and centralizes them is by accessing the other apps on your phone.

I doubt it does it using the official APIs… for example, LinkedIn doesn’t give public access to its API, except in a very limited way (such as used by apps like Buffer). But seeing messages is not part of this access. So the only way to access the data is to basically have access to the app that already has the data — your browser on a PC or the app on your phone.

It’s exactly why something like LeadDelta.com, for example, requires you to install a Chrome extension.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.