The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling my Google Ads Freelancing business – 18yo

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black are there any resources you can recommend to me? For example I want to learn to use Excel to analyze and optimize my campaigns but I don’t really know where to start. I can’t find any proper courses or videos on youtube and some of your videos on excel require a good level of expertise to even follow along haha
I don't know of any resources online.

Maybe check out some of the practical videos I created in this thread:

I do have some lessons on creating campaigns using Google Sheets, but decided to keep them as internal ones.

I can't remember if these old videos get into the nuts-and-bolts for analysing campaigns:

View: https://youtu.be/xX12exVHVGc?si=DQFSsAklbquZ8F1P

View: https://youtu.be/eoX7Bc_E7wg?si=jClnEFJIkDRrxMSg

Maybe I'll create some more over-my-shoulder videos later on...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Thank you Andy!

I will definitely check the thread out. I don't know how I didn't know about this thread.

And yes, your over the shoulder videos have helped me a lot. Especially when analysing the campaigns. Would love to see more :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
And yes, your over the shoulder videos have helped me a lot. Especially when analysing the campaigns. Would love to see more :)
The problem with over-the-shoulder videos is I'm typically working on client accounts and can't show confidential information.

EliaR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jan 5, 2024

Got another new big client (3/4 -> goal). I managed to convince them of my approach and we will start a 4-month test trial. I am getting paid 600€ per month. We have agreed on this but the contract has not yet been signed.

My meeting yesterday also went well and another big client shows interest in my service. I offered him an analysis of his Google Ads account and will speak with him this afternoon. There is a good chance that he will become my next client.

Now I want to focus on giving my clients the best results possible. I am confident in my skills and I think that I can definitely improve their results. But I still want to bring my Google Ads Skills to the next level.

@Andy Black are there any resources you can recommend to me? For example I want to learn to use Excel to analyze and optimize my campaigns but I don’t really know where to start. I can’t find any proper courses or videos on youtube and some of your videos on excel require a good level of expertise to even follow along haha

I learned Google Ads using this course and he plans the campaigns using Excel.
Skip to around 1:30

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_47prikuh_I&t=1s

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

Guest6x3pod4

At my company we only hire marketing agencies who are Omni present. The funnel usually goes Google search>>Instagram ad>>Youtube ad>>close the deal with a facebook ad. Only google is very tough to get good ROAS

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's very thorough!
Surprisingly there was no fluff at all, just packed with information
Did you need it all?

I wonder which is better. Watch the 5 hour video, or watch my 5 minute video and spend 4+ hours building campaigns?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
At my company we only hire marketing agencies who are Omni present. The funnel usually goes Google search>>Instagram ad>>Youtube ad>>close the deal with a facebook ad. Only google is very tough to get good ROAS
Not every funnel is like that. Some are Google Ads > Landing Page > Phone Call, Leadform, or Purchase

EliaR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jan 5, 2024
Did you need it all?

I wonder which is better. Watch the 5 hour video, or watch my 5 minute video and spend 4+ hours building campaigns?

I watched your video too, it's also great

The 5 hour video goes in depth about landing page optimization, Excel, conversion tracking and more... It definitely helped. That content couldn't be covered in 5 mins.

I would say the 5 hour video is better than 5 minute video and 4+ hours building campaigns, because sometimes it's more effective to be taught rather than figuring it out on your own. Like landing page optimization. You would spend more than 4 hours and waste a lot of money if your landing page isn't optimized.

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I watched your video too, it's also great

The 5 hour video goes in depth about landing page optimization, Excel, conversion tracking and more... It definitely helped. That content couldn't be covered in 5 mins.

I would say the 5 hour video is better than 5 minute video and 4+ hours building campaigns, because sometimes it's more effective to be taught rather than figuring it out on your own. Like landing page optimization. You would spend more than 4 hours and waste a lot of money if your landing page isn't optimized.
My argument would be to get up and running first and optimise the landing page after you're getting a steady stream of visitors with identical search intent.

EliaR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jan 5, 2024
My argument would be to get up and running first and optimise the landing page after you're getting a steady stream of visitors with identical search intent.
Fair enough.
I'm running my first campaign for a client and really didn't want to waste any of her money so I tried to ensure performance from the beginning

Last edited:

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Ah. I see.

I've a few of those in my paid membership area. Hmm... maybe I offer on LinkedIn to do a few for free in exchange for adding them to my YouTube channel.
That would be fantastic. They really bring the most value

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Ending Februar

Originally I was supposed to have my last meeting yesterday, where the company will either give me the final approval or reject me. I'm about 80% sure that they will say yes. But this meeting has now been rescheduled for next week.

So I'm ending February with 3 new clients. Not my goal of 4, but I still view it as a huge success and I'm proud of it.

Last month I didn't have a single paying client and now I have two big companies, one of which pays me €650 a month and the other €700 for the first month. So next month I'll earn a total of €1350.

My goal for March is to do everything I can to make all 3 campaigns profitable.

If everything goes well, then there's nothing stopping me from starting outreach again.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ending Februar

Originally I was supposed to have my last meeting yesterday, where the company will either give me the final approval or reject me. I'm about 80% sure that they will say yes. But this meeting has now been rescheduled for next week.

So I'm ending February with 3 new clients. Not my goal of 4, but I still view it as a huge success and I'm proud of it.

Last month I didn't have a single paying client and now I have two big companies, one of which pays me €650 a month and the other €700 for the first month. So next month I'll earn a total of €1350.

My goal for March is to do everything I can to make all 3 campaigns profitable.

If everything goes well, then there's nothing stopping me from starting outreach again.
Well done. Keep going.

Make it your goal to do X outreaches a day, rather than get Y clients a month?

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Well done. Keep going.

Make it your goal to do X outreaches a day, rather than get Y clients a month?
Woah yeah you are right.

X outreaches a day is a goal that I can control.

I can’t directly control how many new clients I get.

I actually just recently thought about changing my approach. Currently I am stopping my outreach when I reach X new clients, but I don’t have to. I have realised that by doing this I just allow myself comfort. I can easily manage more clients right now. I have a ton of free time and I don’t even know how to use it properly. One campaign is running well and I am waiting a couple of days for new data before I analyze it and the second business still needs to give me access to their account. Currently I don’t really have anything to do.

So yeah thanks for your input. I will start small with 20x personalized emails per day and work my way up. I won’t stop when I reach Y amount of clients, but rather when I feel like I can’t handle more clients.

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023

I need to keep my self accountable. I was very inconsistent with the Outreach in the last weeks. Not because I didn’t want to do it but I am scared. Scared that I am going to fail.

My excuse has been that I want to make the campaigns of my clients profitable first. One campaign has now been running for 3 weeks and the other for 1 week. The first campaign is slowly improving week by week but I am not really satisfied with the results. I managed to get double the volume by halving the CPC, but I need to increase the CVR. The CVR is around 1%. The old campaigns had a CVR of 2%.

I know that it needs its time. I am analyzing the campaigns each week and making adjustments. But my mood and stress levels are very much dependent on the results of the campaigns. I am very confident in my skills and in the past I managed to create great campaigns for clients. I don’t know why I feel this way.

BUT I know that I will regret it if I don’t keep expanding. That’s why this time I will really continue with the outreach. Even when the feeling of uncertainty prevails. F*ck it

I want to have done everything in my power and if it doesn't work, then so be it. But I don't want things to go on like they are now. I can't be proud of that

EliaR

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jan 5, 2024

I need to keep my self accountable. I was very inconsistent with the Outreach in the last weeks. Not because I didn’t want to do it but I am scared. Scared that I am going to fail.

My excuse has been that I want to make the campaigns of my clients profitable first. One campaign has now been running for 3 weeks and the other for 1 week. The first campaign is slowly improving week by week but I am not really satisfied with the results. I managed to get double the volume by halving the CPC, but I need to increase the CVR. The CVR is around 1%. The old campaigns had a CVR of 2%.

I know that it needs its time. I am analyzing the campaigns each week and making adjustments. But my mood and stress levels are very much dependent on the results of the campaigns. I am very confident in my skills and in the past I managed to create great campaigns for clients. I don’t know why I feel this way.

BUT I know that I will regret it if I don’t keep expanding. That’s why this time I will really continue with the outreach. Even when the feeling of uncertainty prevails. F*ck it

I want to have done everything in my power and if it doesn't work, then so be it. But I don't want things to go on like they are now. I can't be proud of that
Damn... I feel literally the exact same.
Mood changes for every small win or fail.
And cold calling is so anxiety-inducing

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Update 04.04

Over the last 3 weeks I have followed Andy Black's suggestion and emailed 10x businesses every day. I have managed to win 2x new customers. And I'm still in talks with 2 more.

I currently earn €2050 per month:

Client 1: 650€
Client 2: 600€
Client 3: 100€
Client 4: 350€ (new)
Client 5: 350€ (new)

But I was focussing too much on getting new clients and not spending enough time on my existing clients. Not all campaigns deliver the results I would like to see. And that's my main problem. I don't want to have a lot of clients, and don't want to deliver results I'm not proud of. That's not my goal.

So from now on, I will treat every client as if they want to end the contract.

I will spend more time analysing all campaigns. I want to see an improvement in every campaign from week to week. I definitely need to work on that.

Keeping you guys updated

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.