The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I wish I wasn't as skeptical and reluctant to take true action :(

Osama Dar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 20, 2024
Pakistan
Hi forum friends! This is Osama (not the one you thinking :D).

I joined this forum at the start of this year but haven't posted anything yet. I read Fastlane and Unscripted and got a dopamine surge by daydreaming about 'F**K This' to my current job and going for a scalable business.

Although, my goal is clear like everybody else on this forum that we at the start want to trade our time for a value-appreciating asset (cashflow business) that holds an inherent value to the world and potential buyers.

I understand this needs exceptional resolve, discipline, pure hard work, and constant learning. Adding value to people's everyday lives demands valuable efforts which is not that easy but at the same time not as difficult.

MJ's books were a real eye-opener and gave a crystal clear understanding of money, value systems, CENTS business vs. friendly neighborhood business, value skews and the Unscripted entrepreneurship model.

Since childhood, I was a hesitant action-taker who was always looking for all the secret ingredients, any possible risks and a plethora of related bookish knowledge about anything worthy enough to start it. You can call me a perfectionist or a procrastinator. Though the latter seems more reasonable.

I know being a perfectionist or a procrastinator is not and should not be a trait of an entrepreneur. I am currently working on myself to kick-start anything with little resources at my disposal and trying to learn stuff on the way as I've experienced it to be more fruitful and efficient.

I am here to learn from the experience of my forum fellows who've made it. How did you remain adamant in your cause? How did you believe it'll work or you'll make it work? How did you manage it parallel to your day job? (Mine leaves me with just 4 hours Mon-Fri and I've weekends as full days to work on my thing)

I don't need motivation as there is tons of it out there in web space. I just wanna know how you scaled your business from an earning kitchen to a sustainable auto-pilot money-printing machine.

Did you have an early investment? (As I don't have it yet - just a little savings from my job!)

Does money-making come down to 'sales' like everything else? (stated that the product being sold provides enough value)

I'll be looking forward to hear from you guys. Wish me good luck. Thanks for your time!

1_44T2V2PYIMQsSplV_8Ko6w.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Hello, welcome to the forum. Everyone here wants you to succeed.

You are over-thinking this by a long way.

my goal is clear like everybody else on this forum that we at the start want to trade our time for a value-appreciating asset (cashflow business) that holds an inherent value to the world and potential buyers.

You goal should be to find someone and help them, not this ^^^

I understand this needs exceptional resolve, discipline, pure hard work, and constant learning.

No it doesn't. It just needs enough grit to get started and then keep going. You don't have to be a superhero, you just need to be a bit determined and a bit persistent and willing to learn. In other words, you only have to be good enough to get the work done.

Since childhood, I was a hesitant action-taker

You're not a kid anymore. Grow out of it. You could be a hesitant action-taker as a kid, but you have grown up and you will have changed. Be an adult who prefers taking action and earning results rather than daydreaming. It is a choice.

You can call me a perfectionist or a procrastinator

That is not constructive. Start thinking of yourself as a doer and do things. Find someone and help them. I suggest that you start with a home services business. Read Johnnyboy's thread for inspiration. He didn't make it complicated, but he did do the work and find people to help.

It is here:

How did you manage it parallel to your day job?

Start with a side hustle. Work one day at the weekend on your side hustle and get going. Making your side hustle your full time job and quitting your job isn't today's problem. You can solve this later.

I just wanna know how you scaled your business from an earning kitchen to a sustainable auto-pilot money-printing machine.

This isn't today's problem. This will be relevant when you have a business and you have already scaled it. You don't yet have any customers. When the time comes, you will have better skills and you will be able to solve this easily.

Did you have an early investment?

You shouldn't need much of one, for example, for a car cleaning / window cleaning business, you would only need some cleaning materials, so a few tens of dollars should be enough. If you don't have that much money then start by buying second hand equipment and aim to replace it soon from earned revenues.

Take action and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello, Welcome to the forum. Everyone here wants you to succeed.

You are over-thinking this by a long way.

You goal should be to find someone and help them, not this ^^^

No it doesn't. It just needs enough grit to get started and then keep going. You don't have to be a superhero, you just need to a bit determined and a bit persistent and willing to learn. In other words, you only have to be good enough to get the work done.

You're not a kid anymore. Grow out of it. You could be a hesitant action-taker as a kid, but you have grown up and you will have changed. Be an adult who prefers taking action and earning results rather than daydreaming. It is a choice.

That is not constructive. Start thinking of yourself as a doer and do things. Find someone and help them. I suggest that you start with a home services business. Read Johnnyboy's thread for inspiration. He didn't make it complicated, but he did do the work and find people to help.

It is here:

Start with a side hustle. Work one day at the weekend on your side hustle and get going. Making your side hustle your full time job and quitting your job isn't today's problem. You can solve this later.

This isn't today's problem. This will be relevant when you have a business and you have already scaled it. You don't yet have any customers. When the time comes, you will have better skills and you will be able to solve this easily.

You shouldn't need much of one, for example, for a car cleaning / window cleaning business, you would only need a some cleaning materials, so a few tens of dollars should be enough. If you don't have that much money then start by buying second had equipment and aim to replace it soon from earned revenues.

Take action and enjoy the fruits of your labours.

Hope this helps.
You have nailed it. OP is thinking too far ahead.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi forum friends! This is Osama (not the one you thinking :D).

I joined this forum at the start of this year but haven't posted anything yet. I read Fastlane and Unscripted and got a dopamine surge by daydreaming about 'F**K This' to my current job and going for a scalable business.

Although, my goal is clear like everybody else on this forum that we at the start want to trade our time for a value-appreciating asset (cashflow business) that holds an inherent value to the world and potential buyers.

I understand this needs exceptional resolve, discipline, pure hard work, and constant learning. Adding value to people's everyday lives demands valuable efforts which is not that easy but at the same time not as difficult.

MJ's books were a real eye-opener and gave a crystal clear understanding of money, value systems, CENTS business vs. friendly neighborhood business, value skews and the Unscripted entrepreneurship model.

Since childhood, I was a hesitant action-taker who was always looking for all the secret ingredients, any possible risks and a plethora of related bookish knowledge about anything worthy enough to start it. You can call me a perfectionist or a procrastinator. Though the latter seems more reasonable.

I know being a perfectionist or a procrastinator is not and should not be a trait of an entrepreneur. I am currently working on myself to kick-start anything with little resources at my disposal and trying to learn stuff on the way as I've experienced it to be more fruitful and efficient.

I am here to learn from the experience of my forum fellows who've made it. How did you remain adamant in your cause? How did you believe it'll work or you'll make it work? How did you manage it parallel to your day job? (Mine leaves me with just 4 hours Mon-Fri and I've weekends as full days to work on my thing)

I don't need motivation as there is tons of it out there in web space. I just wanna know how you scaled your business from an earning kitchen to a sustainable auto-pilot money-printing machine.

Did you have an early investment? (As I don't have it yet - just a little savings from my job!)

Does money-making come down to 'sales' like everything else? (stated that the product being sold provides enough value)

I'll be looking forward to hear from you guys. Wish me good luck. Thanks for your time!

View attachment 55995

As RobDavis, said in his very good comment, you are getting way ahead of yourself here.

You are thinking of step 996 (scaling) when you don't even have a single customer.
Your first goal is to help 1 person, get paid, then 2, get paid and so on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This should help:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Oct 26, 2012
Your past does not define you. How you respond to your past defines you.

- Carl Gustav Jung

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...