The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any advice for a 19 Year old trying to escape the rat race from a third world country ?

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Hi fastlaners, I'm new here. I'm 19 years old from Africa trying to escape the rat race and I believe this forum will be a good place to meet like minded people and learn form the Top dogs in the game . I've read the millionaire fast lane and unscripted book by MJ which really gave me the insight on what it means to be true wealthy and the right businesses to get into for explosive income . I'm currently working a regular Job and I also started a social media marketing agency to get my foot on the door , I know it's going to be really hard considering I'm operating from a third world country but I'm not going to give up on this journey. Any advice for 19 year old trying to go fast lane from a third world country?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi fastlaners, I'm new here. I'm 19 years old from Africa trying to escape the rat race and I believe this forum will be a good place to meet like minded people and learn form the Top dogs in the game . I've read the millionaire fast lane and unscripted book by MJ which really gave me the insight on what it means to be true wealthy and the right businesses to get into for explosive income . I'm currently working a regular Job and I also started a social media marketing agency to get my foot on the door , I know it's going to be really hard considering I'm operating from a third world country but I'm not going to give up on this journey. Any advice for 19 year old trying to go fast lane from a third world country?
Welcome, and thanks for your introduction @BELIEVER.

Consider adding whitespace to your opening post. Make it easier for readers and they'll reward you with more attention.

It's not social media marketing per se, but this thread might help:

@Kung Fu Steve has a thread somewhere that might help too. Maybe he can link to it if he sees this.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Any advice for 19 year old trying to go fast lane from a third world country?
As @Andy Black said, consider formatting your work so that it is easier to read.

Being in a third world country means we have to responsibility to build our nations.

Your responsibility. My responsibility. Is to build our respective nations.

We are in the shoes of Carnegie, Ford, Rockefeller, and the others.

Our states have made counterproductive priority to build infrastructure we don't want. It is up to us to do the right thing.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
You are 19. Quite younger than me.

When I was your age, that's 8 years ago, I was just joining university. Back then I only loved to read newspaper columns and articles, and sometimes, fiction. The Script.

The first time I came across 7 Habits, I couldn't understand it. So I cowardiced and stopped reading it. Besides, I held the belief that money is evil. And the best was to go to school, get a job, live a normal life and retire to a package and a pension, maybe also a business.

You have already gone beyond all those limiters. Therefore, the ground you have covered is worth noting.

Take heart and provide value. That's what Africa wants. Not some money chasing zombies.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Africa has many problems, hence entrepreneurship here has huger challenges. Funding, demand, and what not.

But these many problems also mean larger wider opportunities to pioneer in many areas. Our continent, save for the internet, is over a century behind the West and Japan.

We want everything we see in those countries built up from scratch. That's our obligation.

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
As @Andy Black said, consider formatting your work so that it is easier to read.

Being in a third world country means we have to responsibility to build our nations.

Your responsibility. My responsibility. Is to build our respective nations.

We are in the shoes of Carnegie, Ford, Rockefeller, and the others.

Our states have made counterproductive priority to build infrastructure we don't want. It is up to us to do the right thing.
Thank you very much sir

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Africa has many problems, hence entrepreneurship here has huger challenges. Funding, demand, and what not.

But these many problems also mean larger wider opportunities to pioneer in many areas. Our continent, save for the internet, is over a century behind the West and Japan.

We want everything we see in those countries built up from scratch. That's our obligation.
Well said , we have so many challenges here starting and running a business especially on an international level and it's also an opportunity to solve these problems and get rewarded for it . Thanks for you insight

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
You are 19. Quite younger than me.

When I was your age, that's 8 years ago, I was just joining university. Back then I only loved to read newspaper columns and articles, and sometimes, fiction. The Script.

The first time I came across 7 Habits, I couldn't understand it. So I cowardiced and stopped reading it. Besides, I held the belief that money is evil. And the best was to go to school, get a job, live a normal life and retire to a package and a pension, maybe also a business.

You have already gone beyond all those limiters. Therefore, the ground you have covered is worth noting.

Take heart and provide value. That's what Africa wants. Not some money chasing zombies.
You know , the internet has grown very fast and still growing , making informations much more easier to access than 8 years back . I would also be in your shoes if not for the internet and I believe it's the best route to escape this mess .

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Thank you
Welcome, and thanks for your introduction @BELIEVER.

Consider adding whitespace to your opening post. Make it easier for readers and they'll reward you with more attention.

It's not social media marketing per se, but this thread might help:

@Kung Fu Steve has a thread somewhere that might help too. Maybe he can link to it if he sees this.
Thank you Andy

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
The information highway envisioned by the founders of the internet.

Although in Africa there is much value to be provided outside the internet.

Uganda
That's right so much opportunity but it requires great finding that's an online business is the best route due to low cost , higher leverage scalable probability and access to wider audience.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Dean White on Youtube - he is also from south africa, as far as I know. Not SMMA, but he focuses on getting people clients. And solving problems.

@Fox on youtube has made excellent videos in the past - check out Fox Web Academy. He is incredible at his explanations.

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
Reminds me of the story:

"Once upon a time, a shoe company sent two salesmen to Africa to determine the market potential for their products. One salesman was sent to the east coast of Africa, while the other salesman was sent to the west coast of Africa. Both the salesmen completed a basic survey of the target market and called back to the office. The salesman sent to the east coast of Africa reported: “No one here wears any shoes, there is no market for us here!”. The other salesman sent a message “No one here wears any shoes, there is a huge market for us, send inventory fast!”."

You will either relocate to somewhere easier to make money, or you will have to learn to think differently than the people around you. Accept both will be hard. The culture and habits of the people around you will lead to the same results (third-world, subsistence farming, struggling above poverty) I'm not putting down that way of life, that is pretty great for the environment and can be a fulfilling and simple way of life. If you want to be rich, know that you will have to be different and exposed to different ways of thinking than your peers and upbringing, so immerse yourself in a culture of business.

Start thinking about what you can do and offer to the world that nobody else can or is better than what exists right now, what unique needs your country has that no one has solved yet.

Take inventory of:
  1. What skills and talents do you have?
  2. What do you have special knowledge in?
  3. What do people around you need? What can you make that they don't even know they need?

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Dean White on Youtube - he is also from south africa, as far as I know. Not SMMA, but he focuses on getting people clients. And solving problems.

@Fox on youtube has made excellent videos in the past - check out Fox Web Academy. He is incredible at his explanations.
Wow! Thank you brother !

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Thank you @PlushyLad for your advice . I'm glad that I'm already following the path you outlined above .

I'm greatly focused on the education and mindset aspect because I understand that's the foundation for everything else .

I also enjoyed your short story , it was so inspiring and I learnt alot from it . Thanks

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Solve Third World problems.

They are literally staring you in the face if you live in Ghana.

eg You presumably finished your education not that long ago. Well access to education is a top 5 priority for Ghana and indeed most of Africa.

Literally hundreds of millions of parents who don't want their kids to be doing low paid donkey work anymore desparately want them educated but have no where to turn. @Isaac Odongo has his finger in this sector at a low level right now but will move up with experience and contacts.

Another example is infrastructure. eg Africa has population growth on steroids. So who is going to supply the water, electricity, remove the rise in rubbish mountains?

Another example is Agricultural reform from subsistence farming to an actual modern sector that brings in revenue whichc means the raw material needs to be processed in Africa and not as currently happens get sent to Europe to be processed then imported at a much higher cost than exported. Chocolate being an example. @Awakened2022 is moving up in this sector and making higher level contacts.

Another example is access to healthcare. Ghana is on the red list of countries for Doctors and Nurses yet the UK is flouting ths and actively seeking to recruit tens of thousands of your Doctors and Nurses which could collapse your system if we can on.

Get the idea?

Dan

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Solve Third World problems.

They are literally staring you in the face if you live in Ghana.

eg You presumably finished your education not that long ago. Well access to education is a top 5 priority for Ghana and indeed most of Africa.

Literally hundreds of millions of parents who don't want their kids to be doing low paid donkey work anymore desparately want them educated but have no where to turn. @Isaac Odongo has his finger in this sector at a low level right now but will move up with experience and contacts.

Another example is infrastructure. eg Africa has population growth on steroids. So who is going to supply the water, electricity, remove the rise in rubbish mountains?

Another example is Agricultural reform from subsistence farming to an actual modern sector that brings in revenue whichc means the raw material needs to be processed in Africa and not as currently happens get sent to Europe to be processed then imported at a much higher cost than exported. Chocolate being an example. @Awakened2022 is moving up in this sector and making higher level contacts.

Another example is access to healthcare. Ghana is on the red list of countries for Doctors and Nurses yet the UK is flouting ths and actively seeking to recruit tens of thousands of your Doctors and Nurses which could collapse your system if we can on.

Get the idea?

Dan
Thank you Dan for taking the time to put out your great advice.

You're opening my eyes to a lot of opportunities within this continent . Now I know There's so much much to be done and the sky is only our limit . Thank you once again !

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
Hello, I also live in a third world country. It becomes quite difficult to start.
Por ejemplo, muchos medios de pago están deshabilitados en mi país, lo que dificulta mucho el trabajo en línea, altos impuestos, inflación, devaluación, etc.

When I see users from the United States and European countries I envy them, they have many more options, more opportunities, they live in business-friendly worlds, everything is easier.
We play on the "very hard" level of the game.

Do you want advice? I can't tell you much specifically but think about it, either you try as hard as you can or you'll have nothing. There is no other option but to keep trying until you can't do it anymore.

Specifically, perhaps some advice would be to make contacts/friends abroad, try to do things together, cooperate together. For example, if you find someone you trust, they could help you open a bank account in another country, it can be very useful to take care of your assets.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
May 30, 2023
Thank you Dan for taking the time to put out your great advice.

You're opening my eyes to a lot of opportunities within this continent . Now I know There's so much much to be done and the sky is only our limit . Thank you once again !
Oh yeah, you have VCs there ready to help you with capital... If you are ready to give up equity, of course

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
There is no other option but to keep trying until you can't do it anymore.
I disagree.

We will not try. We will do the damnest hardwork until we have made it. Amen.

We eat adversity for breakfast.

In Africa everything is raw. It is upto Africans to take these and make something out of it.

Giving is not an option. Only death is gonna stop us, and terrible health.

Almighty God help Africa, by giving us more years.

bluehorse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jul 1, 2020
Argentina
No estoy de acuerdo.

No lo intentaremos. Haremos el trabajo más duro hasta que lo logremos. Amén.

Desayunamos la adversidad.

En África todo es crudo. Depende de los africanos tomar estos y hacer algo con ellos.

Dar no es una opción. Solo la muerte nos detendrá, y una salud terrible.

Dios Todopoderoso ayude a África, dándonos más años.
Perhaps the translation from Spanish to English was not clear.
I meant to say: "don't stop trying until you die"

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Hello, I also live in a third world country. It becomes quite difficult to start.
Por ejemplo, muchos medios de pago están deshabilitados en mi país, lo que dificulta mucho el trabajo en línea, altos impuestos, inflación, devaluación, etc.

When I see users from the United States and European countries I envy them, they have many more options, more opportunities, they live in business-friendly worlds, everything is easier.
We play on the "very hard" level of the game.

Do you want advice? I can't tell you much specifically but think about it, either you try as hard as you can or you'll have nothing. There is no other option but to keep trying until you can't do it anymore.

Specifically, perhaps some advice would be to make contacts/friends abroad, try to do things together, cooperate together. For example, if you find someone you trust, they could help you open a bank account in another country, it can be very useful to take care of your assets.
Thank you brother , I'm also happy to find someone that resonates with me here .

You made great points especially where you talked of building networks and connections with people from tier one countries and that's something I have been working on greatly . Thank you for your contribution!

JoBatiquin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 19, 2023
Thank you brother , I'm also happy to find someone that resonates with me here .

You made great points especially where you talked of building networks and connections with people from tier one countries and that's something I have been working on greatly . Thank you for your contribution!
My advice to you brother is to find your purpose in life and do this even if you can't any money with it. I'm also in the 3rd world country of the Philippines. It was tough to ends meet especially when you're just starting, but I have the vision to change this country, I'm crazy about what I am saying but if you believe your whys this will be your alarm clock in the morning, as MJ says: "A formidable “why” is all you need to turn your daily activities into passionate motivation —the “get up in the morning” metamorphosis to bust open a Fastlane road.

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
My advice to you brother is to find your purpose in life and do this even if you can't any money with it. I'm also in the 3rd world country of the Philippines. It was tough to ends meet especially when you're just starting, but I have the vision to change this country, I'm crazy about what I am saying but if you believe your whys this will be your alarm clock in the morning, as MJ says: "A formidable “why” is all you need to turn your daily activities into passionate motivation —the “get up in the morning” metamorphosis to bust open a Fastlane road.
Thank you joBatiquin for you advice, that's the right mindset to have tackle it

kp001

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jun 5, 2018
Hey there brother, I dont have a lot of advice but do wish you genuine success. For me, I needed to go through the slowlane for a long time to wake up. You on the other hand are enlighteded and many years ahead of others! Keep up that hunger mindset.

BELIEVER

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 30, 2023
Hey there brother, I dont have a lot of advice but do wish you genuine success. For me, I needed to go through the slowlane for a long time to wake up. You on the other hand are enlighteded and many years ahead of others! Keep up that hunger mindset.
Thank you brother

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...