The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Zero sales, not enough $ to move out from parents

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Disclaimer slight rant

So I have been working my business and I have always have had a task to keep moving the business forward. Literally clueless now. My marketing just doesn't work.

I tried all the tactics that all these people used to grow their business and this venture has no sales. The influencer marketing is hard as hell when you just starting out. Nobody wants to promote a nobody brand, but then again you need influencers to promote so I become a somebody.

It's like chicken and egg scenario.

Response rates are terrible for influencers. I can get shoutouts easily, but thats not the goal. I changed headlines of emails and even asked really small influencers and nothing. I am looking for a personal influencer that wears the product. Not just a shoutout of my product. One of the people I sent product hasn't even posted anything. The influencer that charged me and posted great content and did the typical instagram growth methods, but then again no sales.

Its also frustrating how these influencers only want pay per post. I have no guarantee of ROI, but they do. The best way is commission, but nobody wants to do it that way. So far I have just burned money in this influencer. But its a clothing/accessories brand and this has been proven to be the best way to build it as of now.

With all new things, I would do the same thing to overcome barriers: Learn, Action, Trail and Error, Assess, Redo. But with this marketing thing, I'm getting nothing. It's holiday season and I can't get any sales.

Can't move out because not enough money.
Not enough money because putting money into business to advertising and promotion.
No sales, losing money, stuck at home.

The longer I live on this planet, the more I realize MONEY is LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Disclaimer slight rant

So I have been working my business and I have always have had a task to keep moving the business forward. Literally clueless now. My marketing just doesn't work.

I tried all the tactics that all these people used to grow their business and this venture has no sales. The influencer marketing is hard as hell when you just starting out. Nobody wants to promote a nobody brand, but then again you need influencers to promote so I become a somebody.

Response rates are terrible for influencers. I can get shoutouts easily, but thats not the goal. I changed headlines of emails and even asked really small influencers and nothing. I am looking for a personal influencer that wears the product. Not just a shoutout of my product. One of the people I sent product hasn't even posted anything. The influencer that charged me and posted great content and did the typical instagram growth methods, but then again no sales.

Its also frustrating how these influencers only want pay per post. I have no guarantee of ROI, but they do. The best way is commission, but nobody wants to do it that way. So far I have just burned money in this influencer. But its a clothing/accessories brand and this has been proven to be the best way to build it as of now.

With all new things, I would do the same thing to overcome barriers: Learn, Action, Trail and Error, Assess, Redo. But with this marketing thing, I'm getting nothing. It's holiday season and I can't get any sales.

Not enough money because putting money into business to advertising and promotion.

The longer I live on this planet, the more I realize MONEY is LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

Rich people have enough money to run their businesses and also afford their own homes.

My advice is make more money!

How? You need to expand your horizons beyond this influencer crap. It’s not working. Why not try something else?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Sometimes you have to quit and move on to the next thing.

Tried a marketing tactic, gave it your all, and it didn't work? Quit and move onto the next tactic.

Tried to build a business? Tried every marketing strategy, monetization strategy, and business model but still failed? Quit and start a new business.

I don't know your business, situation, or how hard you tried, so only you can decide if it's worth quitting, but note that sometimes it is.

Also this mentally isn't helping you. Money isn't everything. Freedom is. Freedom can be attained in a multitude of ways, one of which is money.

The end goal isn't money, but to do cool shit.

stuck at home

And this isn't that bad.

Western culture, especially American culture, is obsessed with moving out and being independent at all costs, but sometimes being at home is what's best.

Look at being at home as an opportunity. A lot of people out there don't have caring parents that are in a position to provide for them. You have a situation with all of your overhead paid for. Likely housing, food, utilities, etc. paid for. No responsibilities outside of business and maybe school. No worries or concerns except for the occasional "F*ck, I live with my parents :(."

You're in a great position to learn/succeed. Living at home sucks, but it's a lot better than getting a job, barely paying rent, and slaving away the rest of your days to keep up with the rat race.

Put your head down. Think smart. And keep grinding.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Sometimes you have to quit and move on to the next thing.

Tried a marketing tactic, gave it your all, and it didn't work? Quit and move onto the next tactic.

Tried to build a business? Tried every marketing strategy, monetization strategy, and business model but still failed? Quit and start a new business.

I don't know your business, situation, or how hard you tried, so only you can decide if it's worth quitting, but note that sometimes it is.

Also this mentally isn't helping you. Money isn't everything. Freedom is. Freedom can be attained in a multitude of ways, one of which is money.

The end goal isn't money, but to do cool shit.

And this isn't that bad.

Western culture, especially American culture, is obsessed with moving out and being independent at all costs, but sometimes being at home is what's best.

Look at being at home as an opportunity. A lot of people out there don't have caring parents that are in a position to provide for them. You have a situation with all of your overhead paid for. Likely housing, food, utilities, etc. paid for. No responsibilities outside of business and maybe school. No worries or concerns except for the occasional "F*ck, I live with my parents :(."

You're in a great position to learn/succeed. Living at home sucks, but it's a lot better than getting a job, barely paying rent, and slaving away the rest of your days to keep up with the rat race.

Put your head down. Think smart. And keep grinding.

I'm like over 10k deep on this product...I guess my main problem is my product price. The price of my product for what I am selling is very expensive. I feel like I can sell it if I lower the price, but my markup is already very low. First variation is 37% and the other is 25%... But in the eyes of the consumer, my product is still expensive. Cost to manufacture product one is $65.

I came from wholesale and had a strong distaste for small margins because even if I wanted to give 10/10 customer service, I could not afford to. This is why I chose private label to have higher margins. If I don't drop the price nobody is going to buy. What do I do? I have read keystone pricing is 100% lol!

TLDR;
Cost to manufacture is high and can't drop price any lower
Consumer perceives product as too expensive still.
What the competitors are selling for, is what it costs for me to manufacture.
But added value that is why the price is high.

I've been in solitude working on this entrepreneur thing for like 2.5 years? Kind of losing track of how long I have been doing this. I can't start over again. Yes, my situation is very good compared to lots of people. My parents actually charge rent and I do work full time rat race doing this.

I can send you my website if you want.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've been in solitude working on this entrepreneur thing for like 2.5 years? Kind of losing track of how long I have been doing this. I can't start over again. Yes, my situation is very good compared to lots of people.

First off, sounds like you might need to just sell it for what you paid for it or less and recoup some cash if you believe that you can't sell it at a higher price.

Also you "can't" start over again? What kind of attitude is that? By the looks of it, you're probably going to have to.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
First off, sounds like you might need to just sell it for what you paid for it or less and recoup some cash if you believe that you can't sell it at a higher price.

Also you "can't" start over again? What kind of attitude is that? By the looks of it, you're probably going to have to.

Because so far I have not lived my life at all because of entrepreneurship. I have delayed all instant gratification. Starting over again would mean sacrificing several more years again. Don’t know if I should take a break and start living. All money made has went to investments, business, books and education.

I think this might be your problem.

Well, if you don’t have money you really feel it. I look at my situation as logically as possible. Why am I in this situation and what can I do to get out? I break down the variables and what is the limiting variable holding me back? Money. I don’t have enough to live at all. It’s just mathematics. Money enables a person to just about anything. Why can’t I move out? My mind is 100% ready to do this, but unable to do them because of lack of money. It’s just the harsh reality and pretty much red pill of life.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Because so far I have not lived my life at all because of entrepreneurship. I have delayed all instant gratification. Starting over again would mean sacrificing several more years again. Don’t know if I should take a break and start living. All money made has went to investments, business, books and education.

Maybe you need to take a break for a week or two.

I've started my journey in 2012 and still haven't fully gained my freedom. I've failed and failed and failed and failed and failed and failed and now I finally have something making money. It took me 5 years to get here. I'm sure I have at the very minimum another 5 years to go. You don't have to spend every waking moment on your business or working. You're free to go out and have fun. Reward yourself if you need it. Entrepreneurship isn't about being at the grid stone during every breath you take.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
I break down the variables and what is the limiting variable holding me back? Money.

I disagree. I think your beliefs about money are holding you back, not money itself.
Money is something, but it is not "LITERALLY EVERYTHING" as you put it.

fauche65

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I would be interested to see your product, and understand what market you are trying to target. When I consult on marketing and marketing strategy, price is the last thing discussed. And forget the influencer crap unless your target is the type of people that these infulencers work and socialize with.

There are 100's of clothing brands that have started in the last 10 years, including high end labels with high margins, that did the basic marketing first (cheap grassroots), and then sought the influencers and mavens after they were making money.

Let me know if there is some way I can assist.

fauche65

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto, Canada

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
I would be interested to see your product, and understand what market you are trying to target. When I consult on marketing and marketing strategy, price is the last thing discussed. And forget the influencer crap unless your target is the type of people that these infulencers work and socialize with.

There are 100's of clothing brands that have started in the last 10 years, including high end labels with high margins, that did the basic marketing first (cheap grassroots), and then sought the influencers and mavens after they were making money.

Let me know if there is some way I can assist.

Sure, I'll PM you. Thanks!

I assume you know the story of Live Fit Apparel. It started with an idea, a ton of determination, really hard work, and tons of free marketing.

In case you don't know:

The Company - Live Fit. Apparel

The Founder & CEO - https://www.linkedin.com/in/randall-pich-3b40123a/

Interview with Randall -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvPCoISgB4

His Digital Book on Startups (You may want to purchase) - Evolution of a Start Up

Best of luck!

I appreciate the recommendation on the book and I have read up on Live Fit Apparel briefly. The thing is that I have read tons of case studies of clothing & accessory brands. Daniel Wellington, MVMT, Lokai bracelet, Gymshark, etc. and try to match their marketing strategies and nothing yet... I fear the same thing will happen if I read more in depth with another case study. Read, take action, nothing happens...Which is why I am currently at a loss. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh lol, at reading the synopsis on the book at building a team. I can't afford a team

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
its a clothing/accessories brand
The world doesn't need another me-too clothing & accessory brand.

Stop wasting time on this madness, try to sell your inventory at cost or worst case throw it away and write it off and start building a real business. Get a job or freelance if your business isn't making any money and move out. Maybe reread TMF along the way, because it seems like you didn't understand it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm like over 10k deep on this product...I guess my main problem is my product price. The price of my product for what I am selling is very expensive. I feel like I can sell it if I lower the price, but my markup is already very low. First variation is 37% and the other is 25%... But in the eyes of the consumer, my product is still expensive. Cost to manufacture product one is $65.

I came from wholesale and had a strong distaste for small margins because even if I wanted to give 10/10 customer service, I could not afford to. This is why I chose private label to have higher margins. If I don't drop the price nobody is going to buy. What do I do? I have read keystone pricing is 100% lol!

TLDR;
Cost to manufacture is high and can't drop price any lower
Consumer perceives product as too expensive still.
What the competitors are selling for, is what it costs for me to manufacture.
But added value that is why the price is high.

I've been in solitude working on this entrepreneur thing for like 2.5 years? Kind of losing track of how long I have been doing this. I can't start over again. Yes, my situation is very good compared to lots of people. My parents actually charge rent and I do work full time rat race doing this.

I can send you my website if you want.

First $10k deep... sunk costs

People think it’s too expensive... so lower your price

10/10 customer service means nothing if you have 0 customers

Keystone is 100%... says other people... maybe yours is 5%

Your perceived added value is not there or you aren’t communicating it properly.

Any IG influencers raving about your product when they get their free sample?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
The world doesn't need another me-too clothing & accessory brand.

Stop wasting time on this madness, try to sell your inventory at cost or worst case throw it away and write it off and start building a real business. Get a job or freelance if your business isn't making any money and move out. Maybe reread TMF along the way, because it seems like you didn't understand it.

Hey I know there are bigger problems in the world. I have studied other case studies of entrepreneurs that have or are trying to solve big problems.it amazes me how people could build these global businesses with large impact. I thought, how can I do something like that. The capital needed is far out of reach for the common man. So I was looking at something I can bootstrap myself. After reading in depth about these bigger entrepreneurs , I realized that they built businesses that required capital in the range that any common man can do. Aka smaller businesses. This fashion brand is attainable to me. I will use Funds to solve bigger problems in the future. But right now, I do not have money to take on the so called global challenges like these.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I will use Funds to solve bigger problems in the future.
But you are not making any money with this.

I'm not talking about global challenges or disruption or making the world a better place or any of that rah-rah startup bullshit. Just sell something that everybody and his dog isn't also selling.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
First $10k deep... sunk costs

People think it’s too expensive... so lower your price

10/10 customer service means nothing if you have 0 customers

Keystone is 100%... says other people... maybe yours is 5%

Your perceived added value is not there or you aren’t communicating it properly.

Any IG influencers raving about your product when they get their free sample?

Hey biophase, thanks for response. My website communicates the value I believe well. But then again it’s just an accessory. So the perception is that it is overpriced for an accessory. There were only two influencers that I gave it out for free as in they did not request payment. One influencer says that he wants to wear it longer before posting. Other guy posted it because it’s his business model it seem. Last influencer was bigger and posted it because I actually paid him. He said he liked it and so did the one that didn’t post yet. Doesn’t seem like they raved though.

Another reason I held back from cutting price is that it prevents me from ever running a sale.

Edit: also I need margin to pay the one affiliate on commission

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Disclaimer slight rant

First off, I feel ya. It's not an ideal situation you're in. It's painful (mentally).

What you're doing is digging yourself deeper and deeper into the very hole you want to get out of. Specifically, you're viewing it from YOUR perspective. To get out of the hole, you've got to see it from the perspective of the market. If you can put aside the desperation to make money for a moment and ask what the market wants, put yourself in their shoes, you'll have new inspiration that wasn't possible when focusing only on yourself.

Pulling for you!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Forget the influencer thing, how many have you SOLD period?

Influencer marketer is worthless if you have a product problem. In other words, if no one sees its inherent value at its price point, the outreach marketing becomes pointless. You have to retool the brand messaging, or the product itself.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I've been in solitude working on this entrepreneur thing for like 2.5 years? Kind of losing track of how long I have been doing this.

... buddy... I just... I can't... I...

I think from now on you're only allowed to say that after busting your a$$ for 10 years or more.

@everyone

Is this the "Millennial disease?"

@MakeMoreMoves I'm not trying to pick on you man but the mentality here is so far off my thought process I'm trying to understand so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm seeing this all over the place coaching lately. So many young guys and gals are missing the ENTIRE point of a business.

They all want to be "coaches" and "influencers" but it's as if no one taught them the basics?

Read Phil Knight's book or Daymond John's book and see that before all of the "influencer marketing" and "brand awareness" they speak about so much -- they were selling shit out of their trunk.

What happened to the basics?

It's not easy to build a business. Anyone who says that is lying to you. It takes rolling up your sleeves, going and talking to thousands of people, and making it happen.

I know everyone is listening to Gary Vee lately -- which is fantastic -- but you can't just pick out the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't.

Patience. Hustle. Gary Vee is the guy that was delivering personally wine Christmas Eve AND Christmas day.

Anybody can sell T-shirts, buddy. Just ask the hustlers standing on some corner in New York. Maybe that's who you need to learn from for a bit.

Pointless rant over :p

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Hey MakeMoreMoves - I have typed up my initial thoughts. Check your PM's.

Looking at it now, thanks a bunch for the write up. Will get back to you soon.

... buddy... I just... I can't... I...

I think from now on you're only allowed to say that after busting your a$$ for 10 years or more.

@everyone

Is this the "Millennial disease?"

@MakeMoreMoves I'm not trying to pick on you man but the mentality here is so far off my thought process I'm trying to understand so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm seeing this all over the place coaching lately. So many young guys and gals are missing the ENTIRE point of a business.

They all want to be "coaches" and "influencers" but it's as if no one taught them the basics?

Read Phil Knight's book or Daymond John's book and see that before all of the "influencer marketing" and "brand awareness" they speak about so much -- they were selling shit out of their trunk.

What happened to the basics?

It's not easy to build a business. Anyone who says that is lying to you. It takes rolling up your sleeves, going and talking to thousands of people, and making it happen.

I know everyone is listening to Gary Vee lately -- which is fantastic -- but you can't just pick out the stuff you like and ignore the stuff you don't.

Patience. Hustle. Gary Vee is the guy that was delivering personally wine Christmas Eve AND Christmas day.

Anybody can sell T-shirts, buddy. Just ask the hustlers standing on some corner in New York. Maybe that's who you need to learn from for a bit.

Pointless rant over :p

It's just that I am seeing these case studies of people building a million dollar business in 2 or less years. This is why I have this type of time frame. I am basing that as the average time frame. Or people growth hacking the hell out of instagram building half a million followers in a less than a year. This is the core of the so called impatience? It's like what the hell. This person finds success in a year time frame so its hard for me to justify that it should take 10 years.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
It's just that I am seeing these case studies of people building a million dollar business in 2 or less years. This is why I have this type of time frame. I am basing that as the average time frame. Or people growth hacking the hell out of instagram building half a million followers in a less than a year. This is the core of the so called impatience? It's like what the hell. This person finds success in a year time frame so its hard for me to justify that it should take 10 years.

One of Unscripted 4D's is Comparative Immunity. Re-read chapter 43. That should solve the problem you just described.

fauche65

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto, Canada

It is possible, but as I stated in the doc, you are targeting a niche of a niche. That does not happen overnight, and not very easily.

You need to come up wait a solid marketing plan before you spend another dollar.

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Alright my man, I want to give it a try of helping you. Look I was in the same position. In fact I was 27 and still living at my parents. Everything I tried, failed. I also wanted to move out and wanted a business that made money. So what did I do? I got a simple job and moved out the house asap. And once my enviorment changed I changed as well. It was not even far, I was like 10min walk away from my parents. But it felt like a lot more.

What you are doing does not work. The people are telling you that by not buying from you. LISTEN to them. And trust me, good marketing will not sell something that does not sell, period! Once you have something that does sell, trust me, marketing will not be your problem. Because it will sell like crazy whitout any marketing.

Everyone is telling the same thing here. Your business is dying. Take your loss and get out! -10k is better than -20k after a while. Get out of there, and get a job. It will buy you time and work on your business after or before your work. I did that for years. So can you.

I think you have to fail a few more times before you get lucky. Because reading all the things you say tells me that you are not on the level yet. Fail a few more times, and do not get stuck in your failures. Accept if it does not work/sell and go and do it better.

Make changes and changes will happen. Best thing you can do is moving out and getting a job.

Good luck!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali

So.

Firstly, you've received some great advice. Use it.

I suspect my age is similar to yours but I see my younger mentality in your words.

An inner mindset transformation is needed. Read this thread: (GOLD - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread) and you need to internalise that state of mind. To imitate minimally will not do. Your results in business will correlate to the extent that you reach a more empathic (amongst other things) state of being.

When I read what you say it's coming from the frame of:

"I like fashion so I built a fashion company, I googled how to market, listened to Gary V and it isn't working, why isn't it working, it's not fair, I did all the steps!!! Why don't I have millions yet???

To be blunt, the core message here is: Nobody owes you shit.

Create something that you would give someone money for. It doesn't need to change the world (at least not for now ;) ) But just get started by selling a hungry man some bread...

Beyond that, recognise that the journey to get 'it' is the treat. So HAVE FUN.

Find joy in the process, and let the consequential benefits sneak up on you.

Strap in, recalibrate, go get em'.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Alright my man, I want to give it a try of helping you. Look I was in the same position. In fact I was 27 and still living at my parents. Everything I tried, failed. I also wanted to move out and wanted a business that made money. So what did I do? I got a simple job and moved out the house asap. And once my enviorment changed I changed as well. It was not even far, I was like 10min walk away from my parents. But it felt like a lot more.

What you are doing does not work. The people are telling you that by not buying from you. LISTEN to them. And trust me, good marketing will not sell something that does not sell, period! Once you have something that does sell, trust me, marketing will not be your problem. Because it will sell like crazy whitout any marketing.

Everyone is telling the same thing here. Your business is dying. Take your loss and get out! -10k is better than -20k after a while. Get out of there, and get a job. It will buy you time and work on your business after or before your work. I did that for years. So can you.

I think you have to fail a few more times before you get lucky. Because reading all the things you say tells me that you are not on the level yet. Fail a few more times, and do not get stuck in your failures. Accept if it does not work/sell and go and do it better.

Make changes and changes will happen. Best thing you can do is moving out and getting a job.

Good luck!

I actually do have a job, but moving out would mean that I would need to be fully dependent on the job which is something I was trying to avoid. My mindset is suffering hard at home, but then again the only reason I could execute my business plan was because I stayed at my parents. Seems like I can't have both. Money or Mindset.

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
Forget the influencer thing, how many have you SOLD period?

Influencer marketer is worthless if you have a product problem. In other words, if no one sees its inherent value at its price point, the outreach marketing becomes pointless. You have to retool the brand messaging, or the product itself.

None, sorry somehow skipped your post. I might settle for 15% margin and see how that works.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.