The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YouTube removes dislike button, potentially ruining the platform.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's becoming clearer by the day that Big Tech, Big Pharma, the media and the government are in bed with each other. It seems like this is the case the world over to a greater or lesser degree. The question is, who is really pulling the strings behind all this?

Naw, there's no conflicts of interest among agendas...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
I was listening to a Gary V podcast recently and he said most of these big name YouTube channels get sponsored by huge companies but their numbers are fake. They have fake comments,fake views etc. Now with this dislike feature gone, a lot more of these big YouTube channels can make absolute crap videos and keep the money pouring in.

Templeton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 25, 2019
Kraków, Poland
I don't like this change tbh. When I had some issue with pc/phone whatever and I wanted to watch some tutorial how to fix something and video had 4000 down votes and 20 ups I knew it's not worth watching it already at start

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Honestly, in a way I think this is good, because obvious behavioral agendas by big companies and platforms will only push more and more for open source or just better alternatives, and things like NFTs

Athena_

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 3, 2021
India
Dislike button is working fine I just checked ,

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
Dislike button is working fine I just checked ,
The button stays, its the dislike count that Is removed, now only the Channel can see It
Which doesn't make sense
YouTube says It Is so that creators can't get dislike attacks. Well the Number of dislikes Is gone, but they still can get disliked!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Not sure why there are 4M dislikes. It's definitely annoying though.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Lacking+goat_03415b_9146669.jpg

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
I don't get it. How am I supposed to judge the video's quality now in a new topic I know little about? A high number of dislikes indicated something off. Now it's impossible to tell who's telling BS.

Which I guess is exactly what YouTube wants...

In my opinion this is actually a good thing. It would be even better if all the like/dislike system was a hiden feature in all social media platforms.

Reliying on other opinions to make judments only encourages herd mentality. It is a fallacy to think that the mayority owns the truth.

Self-reliance and critical thinking should be the baseline.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
In my opinion this is actually a good thing. It would be even better if all the like/dislike system was a hiden feature in all social media platforms.

Reliying on other opinions to make judments only encourages herd mentality. It is a fallacy to think that the mayority owns the truth.

It can go both ways but I agree with you.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
"Make it better" lol come on
I bet it will be hated twice as much as the last ones

Well man you can have self judgement but are you the only one watching the video ? Or are you trying to get it to millions of viewers ?
Your viewers are your judges, the "marketmind" as MJ calls it in unscripted . Creators and entrepreneurs have to serve the marketmind to find success.

Likes/dislikes are a system that properly pushes and distinguishes quality content from shit content

The herd doesn't necessarily "hold the truth" in a way they know what they want but they don't know the underlying mechanism. They will just react and give viewes/likes to the video which is what you want

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
maybe we could just report videos that aren't good enough? report it as "insensitive" or "dangerous"?

Untio

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Sep 15, 2020
Spain
Well man you can have self judgement but are you the only one watching the video ? Or are you trying to get it to millions of viewers ?
Your viewers are your judges, the "marketmind" as MJ calls it in unscripted .

Sorry, I think you are misquoting me, never said anything about self judment. The market judges everything I agree..

Creators and entrepreneurs have to serve the marketmind to find success.

That's true, but sometimes the marketmind is wrong/distorted and a good entrepreneur should go against the marketmind to serve people. This forum is literally a prove of that. I bet MJ got a ton of dislikes.

Likes/dislikes are a system that properly pushes and distinguishes quality content from shit content

I have to disagree. The likes/dislikes system pushes and distinguishes content. That's it. Some times quality content sometimes garbage.

The herd doesn't necessarily "hold the truth" in a way they know what they want but they don't know the underlying mechanism. They will just react and give viewes/likes to the video which is what you want

What I said was that like/dislike system should be in my opinion a hiden feature and with this I mean the numbers not the buttons to react.

The algorithms will catch the data and rank the contents equally but people won't be manipulated so easily and creators can check the feedback as usual in their dashboard.

Numbers can be faked, you know that. Everyone can buy likes, followers, comments, reviews...etc.

There is multiple problems asociated with those little numbers.

Maybe people want to be manipulated, I don't know but in my opinion those numbers doesn't benefit the consumers. The ammount of likes/dislikes are not a reliable source of information to make decisions. They can be helpful sometimes though.

Last edited:

anthonyseoul

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 16, 2017
London
Why not go one stage further? Why not ban the view counter so that those YouTubers with low views don't get offended?

We should also ban the comments section for the same reason. There may be some negative comments in there that may hurt the feelings of the creator.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why not go one stage further? Why not ban the view counter so that those YouTubers with low views don't get offended?

We should also ban the comments section for the same reason. There may be some negative comments in there that may hurt the feelings of the creator.
The “president” has already turned off comments on all videos.

Guess they don’t care what the people think!

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
now there's somebody who saw a problem
Right. I don't know what will happen once YT removes dislikes from their API, the company who made this says it will use a combination of archive data and projection for dislikes.

D

Deleted70138

You can install web browser extension from here and you can see dislike button and numbers on youtube

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
everyone gets a trophy!!!! this is the byproduct of our new environment folks..... cough laughin out loud....

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I recently used YouTube to remedy a DIY home maintenance project.

WIthout the dislike button, what was a normally efficient process (< 5 minutes) took more than 30 minutes as I was stuck watching low quality videos, many of which were time wasters. Sorry, I don't need to watch you unpack a box for 5 minutes while you comment on the quality of the packing material.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So I saw this while uploading a new video to YouTube...

1640207667073.png
I'm wondering, does this mean internally on my dashboard, or will this show publicly? I checked YES, so I guess I'll find out...

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
So I saw this while uploading a new video to YouTube...

View attachment 41223
I'm wondering, does this mean internally on my dashboard, or will this show publicly? I checked YES, so I guess I'll find out...
I still see newly uploaded videos (even from big channels) with the dislike button, so I guess the latter.

e.g.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like the you can have a DISLIKE button on your video, it just won't show the number or the ratio... which means drive-by viewers won't be able to ascertain any type of value.

Having it private on your dashboard is also a waste of time since most people now know that clicking DISLIKE becomes an internal metric, not a public one.

Too bad you deleted the comment, it was a great take.

anthonyseoul

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 16, 2017
London
Looks like the you can have a DISLIKE button on your video, it just won't show the number or the ratio... which means drive-by viewers won't be able to ascertain any type of value.

Having it private on your dashboard is also a waste of time since most people now know that clicking DISLIKE becomes an internal metric, not a public one.

Too bad you deleted the comment, it was a great take.

This is the other problem. YouTube removed the dislike button because it was hurting YouTubers feelings. Now that viewers know that the act of clicking on the dislike button won't result in a public display of that dislike, they are reluctant to even click on it. It defeats the whole purpose of the dislike button in the first place: Viewers won't click on the dislike button to show their disapproval and content creators won't know when they are making shitty videos.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.