The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your looks have a major impact on your life

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
[video=youtube;YoQjmYP2oGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoQjmYP2oGg&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser11

I think its harder for women, men can change their looks quite significantly,

unless your really short <5 5" or awkwardly tall +6 5" you can rocket yourself to above average if you work hard enough at your body.

Most ppl can get a great physique in around 4 years and their face will look way better at 5-7% bodyfat with as much muscle as genetically possible no question about it.

Even if you dont want to work hard at it you could just pump a lot of juice and you will get their 10 times faster, all women can really do is lose weight and get plastic surgery and hope for the best.

You dont have to be born with good looks.

just look at how much this dude changed

v3hveo.jpg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

unless your really short <5 5" or awkwardly tall +6 5" you can rocket yourself to above average if you work hard enough at your body.

Most ppl can get a great physique in around 4 years and their face will look way better at 5-7% bodyfat with as much muscle as genetically possible no question about it.

Even if you dont want to work hard at it you could just pump a lot of juice and you will get their 10 times faster, all women can really do is lose weight and get plastic surgery and hope for the best.

v3hveo.jpg

The guy used steroids and died from a heart-attack at age 22 (not sure if steroid related, it also was in his family). Not really a good role-model if you consider that.
Aziz Shavershian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I agree with you on the rest of your post. Being fit/muscular makes a BIG difference in looks. Currently working on that myself (altough I don't consider myself bad looking, even at the fatty stage I'm in right now :p).

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
As I see young guys here, below the age of 25 having to say something about their height,
I just have to drop in these 2 cents:

- Some of you may know I'm into the whole attraction/seduction thing
(planning to do dating coaching at some point), so after extensive research
and all the experience I can tell you one thing - ladies DO appreciate height,
and it CAN make or break your chances with particular lady.

And please ladies on the forum be welcome to comment on my claim.

There are exceptions of course, but generally it's much much better to be taller,
and for many girls you'll be invisible as a potential partner if you're shorter than
them, or even shorter than them in heels.

Why? Well they like to feel feminine, they like to feel you're stronger,
and they want to feel secure and protected. No hard feelings, but that's just
what it is.

So yeah, you can compensate for it with strong aura, personality
and strong body. And also a tall guy can mess his advantage by being goofy/weak.

You sure can get girls taller than you, but your starting position will be better
if you are taller, that's all I'm saying.

- To the young guys (this is just my personal opinion): If you feel bothered by
your height (lack of it), do something about it! It's nice and great to accept yourself,
but if something bothers you and you CAN change it, DO IT. Because while you're young,
you can still grow naturally, so there's a TON of stuff you can do to become taller.

Exercise, nutrition and medical treatments are available, so if you're young and
bothered by it, go do something. You can ignore the facts but they still will be facts.

Ask any girl about the looks of her dream man, one of the features will be "tall":)

This is such a pain point for many guys that internet is overloaded with various
"miracle" products, and you know what? Many older guys who can't grow anymore
naturally - go to a super painful and super risky procedure where their bones are
broken and regrown. Crazy! So do something about it while you're young.

This may not be the most popular post, but I have seen time and again shorter
guys being ignored by girls, bullied or just treated with less respect, so this is
post to hopefully help them out.

You'll also find many short guys in the gym bulking up to make up for it,
and some are very successful at it and get their respect.

Please anyone, don't be offended, this is just your invisible friend telling it
like it is, and trying to give helpful advice.
Wow, your opinion is a f*cking joke about height and how to "grow up tall" when you are still too young and shouldn't really care about such things. Who cares about what some "barbie girls" like and doesn't like. Educated people have grown past the "being pretty" phase years ago... now it's all about personality. lol

PUA is a complete joke too. I almost got in to that when I was younger, but all you are aiming for is some self destructive ladies with issues. Not in all cases but there are certainly many like that. Find yourself a cool woman instead and stop playing games. That's my advice to you. Be who you are and stop preteding you are something you're not.

D

DeletedUser11

The guy used steroids and died from a heart-attack at age 22 (not sure if steroid related, it also was in his family). Not really a good role-model if you consider that.
Aziz Shavershian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I agree with you on the rest of your post. Being fit/muscular makes a BIG difference in looks. Currently working on that myself (altough I don't consider myself bad looking, even at the fatty stage I'm in right now :p).

i know his death wasn't steroid related its was probably a genetic condition he also was well into recreational drugs coke, ecstasy. I think he knew he was gonna die young so he made the most of the time he had

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
EDIT: In this post the term PUA was mentioned, so here's the meaning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_artist

Wow, your opinion is a f*cking joke

Which part of my polite post, with clear disclaimer it's my opinion, with lots of IF's, and the friendliest tone possible sparked reaction like this?

You just insulted me for no reason, so I could get into my first ever argument on this forum, and for example take a guess on your height,
as I don't see what else would've got you mad. My post was just that, AN OPINION, but backed with tons of research and real life experience, and talk with both women and men.

Intention of the post was to express my opinion but also help guys who feel it's their issue, and at least 1 person so far found the post helpful, which is more than enough to make worth writing.

Your counter argument (to which I'd be open) is what - a curse word?

when you are still too young and shouldn't really care about such things

What? That's the best time to care about such things as looks, as your activities while young can determine your
health condition and looks when you're older. If someone is still in natural growing phase, and they want to be taller,
why on earth shouldn't they stimulate growth? Especially if it can be done naturally, by proper exercise and nutrition.

PUA is a complete joke too. I almost got in to that when I was younger, but all you are aiming for is some self destructive ladies with issues.

You don't even know me, but you know what I do? Wow. I never mentioned PUA in this post on purpose but now that you mention it, on surface it doesn't look like that, but PUA is a community of people wanting to improve their lives, and yes it does start with trying to meet girls and overcome shyness, but it ends up with people building their inner strengths, social skills, becoming better persons in ALL areas of life, being happy with their lives and VERY respectful towards ladies. I know many PUAs and am very proud of their success in life, and proud to be their friend!

By this you insulted both me and the ladies of my choice, without knowing a single thing about us, or providing a single fact to back it up.

stop playing games.

What games? Another random insult of someone you don't know.

Be who you are and stop preteding you are something you're not.

And another random insult without knowing anything about me.

And super lame advice "be who you are". Well if who you are is not satisfying you,
or isn't bringing you the desired results out of life, you have to take action and BECOME WHO YOU WANT TO BE.

Your show here your premise on life is super-passive. Like we're given to "be something", so you just
live by and "be who you are". We become who we are by every moment we live, and we change who we are
by every new moment added to our lives.

Educated people have grown past the "being pretty" phase years ago...

Educated is not changing core instincts. You still have to eat, sleep, and well...be attracted to someone,
and be attractive TO someone, as degree will not get you dates.

NOTE: I respect EVERYONE. The original poster claimed looks matter and I just confirmed him this truth,
and tried to provide some possible solutions to those who feel bad about their looks.

I don't care if it hurts, or is unfair, such is life. There are many other painful truths and unfair situations,
and each of us has to deal with them however we best know.

@Maxjohan: This is my first post ever of confrontational type, but you started it bro with such tone.
I realized from the rest of the post it's all well intended, and I hope we're cool, as I have never ever
yet used "block person" option, but passion did get this reply out of me and it's staying there.
If you're cool with me I am cool with you.

Ironically, my whole post was intended to show something else, the POWER OF MIND which can overcome
EVERYTHING. I will leave it for the next post.

@everyone: sorry for making this look like flaming threads on bodybuilding forum:)

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
To anyone using looks, or ANYTHING ELSE as an excuse, please watch through the following videos,
it should crush each and every one of them, and make you humbled, and moved to action right now,
thankful for the precious gifts you're given:

[video=youtube;0DxlJWJ_WfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxlJWJ_WfA[/video]

[video=youtube;my969ygh6lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my969ygh6lg&feature=fvwberel[/video]

[video=youtube;JQVBdSkSUxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQVBdSkSUxk&feature=related[/video]

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
Agree look at these people

boyfriend plan an acid attack on her face *Katie Piper*
ht_katie_piper_100105_xwide.jpg

she can't gain weight
article-2202512-14FDC6B5000005DC-534_634x394.jpg

now they are role models....

Attachments

• abigailbritanny01.jpg
    abigailbritanny01.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 394
  • progeria3.jpg
    progeria3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 526

AimForTheMoon

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 2, 2012
New York
It's all about confidence. I know some high frequency low latency quantitative FPGA trading model developers who are brilliant, sucessful, wealthy and very awkward looking (socially and physically). But they demand respect, and receive it.
Point being, it's not always about looks; but rather understanding what you have, leveraging it to the best of your ability and be confident in it and yourself!

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Being born attractive certainly gives you an advantage. So does being born with a higher IQ, EQ, natural athleticism, fast metabolism, bigger than average genetalia etc.

In undergrad psychology we talked extensively about attractiveness and advantages in life. It's also significantly more important for women to be above average looking than men, this is due to men generally being most attracted to looks and women being most attracted to security.

Nobody is born perfect and we can't change the cards we are dealt, only the hand we play. So get smarter, get fit, get confident. You can achieve your dreams only if you go at them with tenacity, intelligence and use leverage. You can have that girl you want.

Like 40 Year Old Virgin stated "Don't put the pussy on a pedestal". Don't put your dreams or ambitions in life on a pedestal. You can achieve what you want if your execution is solid.

Make money, have great friends and connections, get beautiful women, be healthy and enjoy life. That's my 2 cents.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I had severe acne during highschool. Nobody wanted to talk to me. They made fun of me, they punished me. Nothing that I could do about it. The doctor described Accutane (chemotherapy drug) after a long period of suffering.

I also had serious acne in high school. Initially it was very difficult but I was able to over come it, made tons of friends, partied my a off, and was even able to score a few good looking girls too. If its one thing that girls love more then anything else its Status.

At the end of the day I did not let my negative apperance impact my life and I made it happen with what I was given. Although I will agree that attractive people most likely have a lot of things easier does not mean that others cannot achieve the same. It just means you might have to work a little harder at it. Just like some people struggle with weight while other dont. At the end of the day you can be any weight you want it just might take some more work/ time.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
and for example take a guess on your height, as I don't see what else would've got you mad.
Well, I'm between 5'9 to 5'10. And I'm perfectly happy with my height. If women find me unattractive, so be it, there's plenty of women in the sea, you know? I'm not gonna change :thumbsup:

Intention of the post was to express my opinion but also help guys who feel it's their issue, and at least 1 person so far found the post helpful, which is more than enough to make worth writing.
You can talk with men and women as much as you like. And if they feel bad about their height, then they got low self esteem, and nothing else.

How do you break out of low self esteem? I'm not certain I can tell you that, but comparing yourself too much with other people doesn't help. You need to live free and set your own rules. And stop reading those beauty and fashion magazines.

They don't help one bit, especially for women I think. The next rule is just to not give a f*ck about rules and what's normal in society, good and bad in life. Live on your own terms, but try to not break the law. Personally, I look up to empathic people, those who doesn't care if you're ugly or super hot. Doesn't care if you smell a little bad on a saturday morning, etc etc. That's the people I want to be around.

Your counter argument (to which I'd be open) is what - a curse word?
Seriously, I censored out the curse word. And for some odd reason I have completely stopped cursing in real life. And if I still manage to do it, I actually feel bad about it and ask the person/people I'm with if it's okay if I curse.

What? That's the best time to care about such things as looks, as your activities while young can determine your
health condition and looks when you're older. If someone is still in natural growing phase, and they want to be taller,
why on earth shouldn't they stimulate growth? Especially if it can be done naturally, by proper exercise and nutrition.
Well, lol... you actually suggested medical treatments in your post too. Isn't that a bit far fetched? To go to this lengths just to grow taller. Is it really that important to you? What do you suggest for example to men with small penises? Get the "penis enlargement surgery" or something like that? lol

Then, I also think a lot of people are overestimating how much you can affect to grow taller. Not a whole lot I bet. Eat right, pop some vitamins, and that's it? right? lol.

And super lame advice "be who you are". Well if who you are is not satisfying you,
or isn't bringing you the desired results out of life, you have to take action and BECOME WHO YOU WANT TO BE.
I mentioned how I live and look at life above.

We become who we are by every moment we live, and we change who we are
by every new moment added to our lives.
What Guru or PUA said that to you? I really want to know because it's complete nonsense. Just so you know, in my opnion that is. Personalities are personalities. They don't change a lot over time.

Educated is not changing core instincts. You still have to eat, sleep, and well...be attracted to someone,
and be attractive TO someone, as degree will not get you dates.
Bravo. I said, find a cool woman, and that's exactly what I'm going to stick with. No need for dates then. Personally, I'm attractive to no one, and I'm perfectly fine with that for now. I want to find my soul mate. A person that are also attractive to no one.

@Maxjohan: This is my first post ever of confrontational type, but you started it bro with such tone.
I realized from the rest of the post it's all well intended, and I hope we're cool, as I have never ever
yet used "block person" option, but passion did get this reply out of me and it's staying there.
If you're cool with me I am cool with you.
Cool, we are :thumbsup::coolgleamA:

Ironically, my whole post was intended to show something else, the POWER OF MIND which can overcome
EVERYTHING. I will leave it for the next post.
Well, I can bet you a million bucks that the power of the mind can't make you overcome shit if you are mentally ill. Seriously, you need to think before you start using the gurus bait.

Hairy Maclary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2012
Apparently that greek guy who went out with the Kennedy's sister and almost took over USA thought looks were pretty important. I think its pretty common sense that they are... It seemed to do something for him anyway.

Its not only about commanding respect from others, but respecting yourself and then confidence following!

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Apparently that greek guy who went out with the Kennedy's sister and almost took over USA thought looks were pretty important. I think its pretty common sense that they are... It seemed to do something for him anyway.

Its not only about commanding respect from others, but respecting yourself and then confidence following!

Ok, and Bill Gates who DID take over the USA at one point never thought looks were important.... we could do this all day.

Sylvester Stallone almost didn't get to make Rocky because people told him he was ugly. Had he listened we would have never seen the movie.

The point is, whatever you believe inside is what you will portray. If you believe looks matter, they do, if you don't, they don't.

You can respect yourself regardless of your looks. If you depend on your looks to allow you to respect yourself, then external forces will always have power over you.

av1atic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 3, 2012

v3hveo.jpg

Spot on. I've personally spoken to Aziz on a few occasions as we used to both frequent one of the same forums a while back. He was the perfect example of how looks not only affect others' perception of you, but also your own perception of yourself. His confidence that he displayed through his numerous videos was what inspired so many to attain "aesthetics" and the "aesthetic lifestyle", not merely his physique.

There are obviously those who have high self-confidence without necessarily looking attractive through the view of others, but there's a much different feeling one has when they almost know for certain that the people around them are "mirin'" as Aziz, and many of his fans, put it.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Great posts everyone!
To each his own.
I think it's important to accept the harsh realities of life such as how looks can do to you. But it's also about finding ways to improve what you already have and develop what you don't have in order to have a better life condition.

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
But it's also about finding ways to improve what you already have and develop what you don't have in order to have a better life condition.
Improve and develop looks? Can't just some of you guys accept my belief... that I'm average looking and happy about it. I don't care much what other people think. I got a taliban beard right now for instance. lol :cool:

And those who don't accept my looks for what it is... well, sorry to say it, but I just think they still got an teenage mentality then and haven't grown past the "being pretty" phase yet. Which is kind of sad in it self.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Looking the "right part" for a role will always make it 10x easier to convince people you're meant for it. But at the end of the day it really just comes down to marketing. Take whatever you look like, figure out the end result you want for yourself & then start applying the amount of -self-marketing it will take to get there.

And whatever you do keep your insecurities to yourself . No one trusts someone who acts like they are "broken".

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
People respond positively to people who are confident about themselves.

The world does not require us to look good but it requires us to fight back and be GOOD at the challenges it throws at us.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Our looks is the reflection of what's inside.

If you feel good about yourself, you'll look happy and confident.

If you're depressed, you'll look dull and lifeless.

We all have the reason to look good even if we are going through something.

Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do everyday, even if others don't care.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Again- I agree but not totally. There are people who looks nerd but are really cool and awesome. We tend to judge people by their looks. But I suggest we mind our own life and looks. As long us those people are not hurting us then let's just let them live their lives the way they want it to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.