The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You win/are given $100K. How are you going to use this to set up the rest of your life?

Feedback

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
You are given $100K in a crypto wallet. I was just thinking what would be the best way to utilize 100K to set yourself up for the rest of your life.

Maybe invest the majority potion into RE? and about 25k to invest in yourself? 10k for expenses. 25k to invest in yourself. 65k on investments? Investing in your own business with a 'starving crowd'? And that has a multi-billion $ 'pie'?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Everyone’s circumstances, skills and personal challenges are different.

How the money will be allocated largely depends on you.

set yourself up for the rest of your life.

$100k isn’t a lot of money. You can blow through that in no time and make no progress. I’ve done that before.

But, that definitely is a life changing sum for someone who has never had that much. And it definitely is an opportunity to make something of it.

But to answer the question even if it’s hypothetical. I would first get educated, get disciplined, fix my mental/physical health. Which doesn’t cost a whole lot money. You see where this is going?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My answer is the same, regardless if it is $500K, $100K, or ten bucks...

Start a damn business.

In America, $100K can't even buy you a luxury car any longer and it certainly can't change your life long-term, unless you leverage that capital into something more life-changing.

$100K simply makes some things easier, with less stress.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Immediately quit my job where I flip burgers and gamble them in an attempt to make $1,000,000.

As retarded as that sounds, that's actually what someone in my area did... 2 weeks later, they're back to waiting tables right across the street from their old job.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
You are given $100K in a crypto wallet. I was just thinking what would be the best way to utilize 100K to set yourself up for the rest of your life.

Maybe invest the majority potion into RE? and about 25k to invest in yourself? 10k for expenses. 25k to invest in yourself. 65k on investments? Investing in your own business with a 'starving crowd'? And that has a multi-billion $ 'pie'?
Invest 0% into finding a idea/ product, spend 5-10% on prototype, spend 50% getting mass produced, spend 20% advertising, spend rest on something else that’s needed

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.