The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You Are Not Special - High School Graduation Speech

Anything related to matters of the mind

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"The universe has no center and therefore, you cannot be it."

Just that line right there sums up the speech.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Saw this morning in the news...

Great!

How come he did not get an standing ovation?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Saw this morning in the news...

Great!

How come he did not get an standing ovation?

I don't know if you remember any of your high school graduation speeches. I graduated just last year and I don't remember them. The message flew over their head because they were sitting out in the sun in a thick gown and a sweaty cap for five hours just waiting to get their diploma and go party. At least, that's how I felt.

Plus, they probably didn't like the message anyway.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im not impressed, this guy is a high school english teacher. If he knows the answers why is he an english teacher?

Most kids need to learn that they dont deserve things to be handed to them, but will have to follow a different path in life to really meet their life's expectation. Not NO you cant BS.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Im not impressed, this guy is a high school english teacher. If he knows the answers why is he an english teacher?

Most kids need to learn that they will have to follow a different path in life to really meet their life's expectation. Climbing the corporate ladder is a joke that most people follow.

Please excuse my mistakes, Im using tapatalk and a mobile device.

Runum's a teacher because he likes doing it. I don't think you should be bashing on teachers and school workers: in fact, one of the administrators at my high school was a millionaire. Talked to him about RE investing. Cool dude; he loved his job even though he definitely didn't need it.

Plus, he didn't claim to know the answers. All he said was that the crap that these kids have been learning from Mister Rogers and their mothers and teachers is a lie and that the world is a harsh, unforgiving place that doesn't give a F*ck about your 3rd grade spelling bee win.

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
I heard this on the news this morning! I think it is GREAT! I know I have been to many of many graduations (big family) where they "blow smoke" by saying how great the kids are, how special and unique they are. I think kids need to hear that they are not special that they are a grain of salt amongst a salt shaker.

I think the purpose of the address was to make the point that if you think that you are special and unique, think again. If you think you have the best idea, think again. If you think that you are the best, there is always someone better than you. I think it makes the kids work harder, through the process, of defining and separating themselves.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Damn J I didn't mean to piss in anyone's cheerios.

I throughly believe that if you really want to be something and put forth the effort you can, but I agree you won't be special for existing like some of today's kids are brainwashed to think.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Damn J I didn't mean to piss in anyone's cheerios.

I throughly believe that if you really want to be something and put forth the effort you can, but I agree you won't be special for existing like some of today's kids are brainwashed to think.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

It's all good, man, just didn't understand what you meant.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
The man knows how to write a captivating speech.

I took something from that. Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.