The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yesterday was the lowest I ever reached mentally.

Anything related to matters of the mind

FMJJ

Scaling eCom Brands
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,821%
Dec 26, 2017
Miami Beach, FL
Yesterday was the lowest I ever reached mentally. That was the most painful experience in my life. These past several days were hell to me. I let negative thinking take over my mind. My ego led me to believe I couldn't make it. This limiting and false belief was a significant source of unnecessary suffering. The mind can really only hold one thought at a time. I let myself dwell on negativity. The thoughts in my head were primarily negative. I was stressing out over nonsense that was out of my control. Positive thinking is so important because what an individual thinks about most of the time is character-defining. I have a responsibility to take care of myself. I have a responsibility to get rid of unnecessary suffering. It's not about "trying." It's about giving my all no matter the circumstances till my life ends naturally. It's about COMMITMENT. I am so strong. I am committed. I have the potential to create an amazing future. I am in control and I will fulfill my full potential. Giving up? No... That's not me. I'm no quitter. My life has meaning. I have a purpose.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Check out this month's book read, The Chimp Paradox. Kinda explains the inner battle you're fighting.

The emotional you with the negative thoughts is the chimp. And when it takes over and dominates, it leads to lows, sometimes depression.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
When you're going through hell, keep going! You got it bud. Just remember that this too shall pass. In 20 years you're not going to be worrying about what you're stressing out about right now.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Check out this month's book read, The Chimp Paradox. Kinda explains the inner battle you're fighting.

The emotional you with the negative thoughts is the chimp. And when it takes over and dominates, it leads to lows, sometimes depression.
Another really good introduction to this is the cognitive functions from the, dare I say it, MBTI (I know... I know... Don't kill me XD)

The cognitive functions Carl Jung was hypothesizing back in the day was the Feeling, Sensing, Thinking, And intuiting functions of the human brain. What's interesting is that they (Dario Nardi along with Dave Powers and a few others using the scientific method to dive deeper into the findings) have found that the thinking and intuition our brain uses is correlated with a later development of the brain while the feeling and sensing parts of our brain are from the stem which is often referred to as the lizard brain (What you just called the chimp).

Okay I digress. I'll just keep rambling for another 24 essays.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I had this feeling not long ago. Was building up over a few months but hit seriously hard for about 2 weeks and led to the worst depression I've ever had.

It forced me to reevaluate what I'm doing and make changes with how I was working. Feeling a lot better now, and like mentioned above, was only temporary.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I find that whenever I've gotten a bit low, it has usually been related to isolating myself to some degree.

As someone who is seeking to build a business and carve your own path, it's much more likely that you often find yourself lonely. I could be wrong, but do make sure that you are ticking off the relationships box. It's very important to have a good community surrounding you.

Without it, even when business is doing well and there's no reason for me to be negative - I can feel rather depressed and unmotivated.

Sure, we're all different, but I just wanted to point this out because I never really considered it as the root until I payed attention to it. I always thought that I was someone who could spend lots of time alone because that's what I did in my high school and college days.

I didn't really realize that it was okay then because I had the community while I was at school and an obvious network of peers.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
I find that whenever I've gotten a bit low, it has usually been related to isolating myself to some degree.

As someone who is seeking to build a business and carve your own path, it's much more likely that you often find yourself lonely. I could be wrong, but do make sure that you are ticking off the relationships box. It's very important to have a good community surrounding you.

Without it, even when business is doing well and there's no reason for me to be negative - I can feel rather depressed and unmotivated.

Sure, we're all different, but I just wanted to point this out because I never really considered it as the root until I payed attention to it. I always thought that I was someone who could spend lots of time alone because that's what I did in my high school and college days.

I didn't really realize that it was okay then because I had the community while I was at school and an obvious network of peers.
This to the 3 billionth degree man! Solitude is great in sprints but it'll drive even the most introverted man insane if taken in for long periods of time. I've been forced into isolation because I sold my car and live where all my family is too far to see frequently so I joined meetup and went to a meetup for longboarding. Met a bunch of cool dudes there to connect with more frequently. Def take this man's advice to heart.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

This was my problem too. So funny to think that I used to believe working alone was what I preffered!

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
You need to watch your food intake and eat healthy, the result of what you digest daily is part of the reason why you are at this point. Take 5mins and eat some Blueberry Pie and Icecream. While your slowly eating, hold an imaginary meeting in your mind, with 5 knowledgeable people. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and you can choose the 5th. What would they have to say about your current condition, argue pros and cons with them. The subconscious is pretty powerful.

"Your conscious mind commands and your subconscious mind obeys. Your subconscious mind is an unquestioning servant. It works day and night to make your behavior fit a pattern consistent with your emotionalized thoughts, hopes, and desires. Your subconscious mind grows either flowers or weeds in the garden of your life."

FMJJ

Scaling eCom Brands
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,821%
Dec 26, 2017
Miami Beach, FL

@MJ DeMarco

Thanks for the book recommendation. I got it today. It seems like this is the book that will significantly help me with my current problems in life. I definitely have a good feeling about it. I'm excited to move forward. I will persevere through the struggles I am currently dealing with. I will definitely apply what I learn from the book.

I'll be posting a review in the book review thread when I finish it.

You need to watch your food intake and eat healthy, the result of what you digest daily is part of the reason why you are at this point. Take 5mins and eat some Blueberry Pie and Icecream. While your slowly eating, hold an imaginary meeting in your mind, with 5 knowledgeable people. Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and you can choose the 5th. What would they have to say about your current condition, argue pros and cons with them. The subconscious is pretty powerful.

"Your conscious mind commands and your subconscious mind obeys. Your subconscious mind is an unquestioning servant. It works day and night to make your behavior fit a pattern consistent with your emotionalized thoughts, hopes, and desires. Your subconscious mind grows either flowers or weeds in the garden of your life."

@Mark Trade

Healthy eating is actually very important to me. Optimizing mental and physical energy is a concept I really value. I am committed to being as healthy as I can be. I actually apply what I learned from the book Genius Foods by Max Lugavere. I established permanent eating habits based off of his book. I allow no exceptions to my routine. I primarily eat eggs, vegetables, grass-fed ground beef, salmon, low-sugar fruit (such as avocado and tomatoes), cashews, and almonds. I also drink a ton of water.

Mark Trade

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 16, 2019
Sydney Australia
@FMJJ the other thing I learnt earlier on was food groups, some counteract others, as you may know. Plus once a fortnight, I eat nothing but Bananas for a day. Good brain fuel. Keeps the mind active.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Yesterday was the lowest I ever reached mentally. That was the most painful experience in my life. These past several days were hell to me. I let negative thinking take over my mind. My ego led me to believe I couldn't make it. This limiting and false belief was a significant source of unnecessary suffering. The mind can really only hold one thought at a time. I let myself dwell on negativity. The thoughts in my head were primarily negative. I was stressing out over nonsense that was out of my control. Positive thinking is so important because what an individual thinks about most of the time is character-defining. I have a responsibility to take care of myself. I have a responsibility to get rid of unnecessary suffering. It's not about "trying." It's about giving my all no matter the circumstances till my life ends naturally. It's about COMMITMENT. I am so strong. I am committed. I have the potential to create an amazing future. I am in control and I will fulfill my full potential. Giving up? No... That's not me. I'm no quitter. My life has meaning. I have a purpose.
This too shall pass... But, before you shake it off, take a moment. Let yourself feel the despair for a limited amount of time. It's real. Acknowledge and honor it. These experiences are a gift for your personal growth. And, you're absolutely right. Part of the path out of that place is getting up and going on. Before you take those painful steps, grab a pad of paper and a pencil. Make a list of things you are grateful for in your life. To start with, you are still alive. You survived to tell about it. The sun will come up tomorrow, ready or not. Ask yourself some questions and record your answers on your list. What have you learned from your experience of living through the nadir of your life? Who loves you? Who has helped you? Do you have anything left from this last challenge that will help you? Did you learn of a better path for the future? What do you like about yourself? And the list goes on... The items you record on your grateful list can change your life. At the least, they will ease your path back from your personal hell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.