The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yea, somebody had to calculate that shit

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread has turned out to be joy. Love all the perspectives. :)

I was the same way and I think it has to do with being right brained. I have always been a dreamer, fascinated by science (chemistry, physics), music (all types, including scores i.e. Hans Zimmer)

OMG yea, me too. You like Two Steps from Hell too? Left handed? @AllenCrawley and I have been having PM discussions about... not business, not FB marketing, not Instagram, not finance.... but .... quantum physics. Ha Ha. :yuck:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gruby Phil

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Dec 12, 2011
Poland
Thread has turned out to be joy. Love all the perspectives. :)

OMG yea, me too. You like Two Steps from Hell too? Left handed? @AllenCrawley and I have been having PM discussions about... not business, not FB marketing, not Instagram, not finance.... but .... quantum physics. Ha Ha. :yuck:
I don't want to hijack the thread but the story of Thomas and Nick (guys who founded Two Steps From Hell) is truly fastlane. I've been in the music industry for quite some time now and I remember when they were starting out. Amazing how much success they've had in just a few years.

EDIT: Of course I can relate to all you said about being right-brained.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but the story of Thomas and Nick (guys who founded Two Steps From Hell) is truly fastlane.

Thanks for the tip, I had no clue to the history of the music. Gotta check it out...

wilddog

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto
I work in aerospace. Most people would lose their fear of flying if they knew how much science/development/testing goes into commercial aircraft engines.
It's mind boggling.

kaqm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 1, 2014
Interesting to think of everything that has happened back here on earth while that probe has been quietly hurtling through space.

This reminds me of our flight paths out of the slow lane :p while everyone else is plodding along towards retirement, entrepreneurs are gradually but surely making our trajectory towards success and freedom. It might go unnoticed to the people around us that think we don't know what we're doing/will never make it/are wasting time but we know for ourselves that if we keep at it, like that comet, we will reach our destination :)

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Any chance to excite a young mind about doing something like this, please take a minute to really get them into the WOW factor and hook them by letting them see that THEY could be the ones doing it in the years to come.....engineers, electronics technicians, welders, machinists. We NEED you!

When I was younger, I really enjoyed this short Disney cartoon called "Donald In Mathmagic Land." If anyone here has kids you should show it to them. It might get them more interested in mathematics or at least "plant the seed" in their mind.

Bill Nye the Science Guy too!

If we humans aged slower / lived longer, I would have studied science and philosophy in university for sure.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008

YES. Also, E.S. Posthumus (believe their song Nara was used in Avatar). Jesper Kyd (Hitman, Assassins Creed, etc.). And many others! All the 1 hour epic music mixes on youtube are great as well.

Picks up at 1:20

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DeletedUser394

Philae is nearly dead and will run out of battery soon.

Considering it crash landed, it unfortunately won't be able to recharge as it's in a crevice or something like that.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
If you have a decent grasp of physics I'd imagine you would have a really good time figuring out how and when things would work in the world. Is there "complex math/physics for every day use" type of books?

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
The question I have for them going to all that effort/$$ for 10 yrs is......why?

Why in general: To finally implement an idea that's been possible "in theory" for decades.

Why in specific: These days we're so technologically, socially and economically advanced in the West that we feel like there aren't anymore basic questions that need to be answered. Of course, we're wrong. We still don't know one of the most basic things: Where life came from. It wasn't always on the Earth, and it doesn't seem like it just magically formed out of nothing. We know we must have originated from very simple, even unicellular organisms, but where did those things come from?

One theory is that they came from an asteroid. There are a few ways to look at this theory. You can say that asteroids containing organic compounds, alien to Earth but essential to life, (any combination of carbon and other elements) hit the Earth, enabling a chemical reaction. Or you can say these comets/asteroids were formed in collisions of planets or celestial bodies that contained those basic, unicellular lifeforms (extremophiles) and just gave them a ride to earth when they later collided with it.

If this comet contains basic life forms, that would be a defining moment in human history. But I dunno if that's likely at all. I'm just a guy on the internet. What I do know is this comet is pretty damn old, and if they find organic compounds that would be a pretty huge indication that at least the theory of asteroids and comets creating life makes sense.

Links for the interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_(spacecraft)#Search_for_organic_compounds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/nov/12/rosetta-mission-philae-historic-landing-comet

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some more mind boggling perspective...

zchdw0w.jpg

Developmental

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Oct 10, 2014
Nottingham, UK
If you have a decent grasp of physics I'd imagine you would have a really good time figuring out how and when things would work in the world. Is there "complex math/physics for every day use" type of books?

One I often recommend to people is Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You, It covers both quantum and astro physics and covers quite a lot of ground without going off into unnecessary jargon - Clicky here

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.