The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

www.ebusinessbillboard.com ... IDEAS please!

Idea threads

jfub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 22, 2011
What I originally envisioned:

A clean, minimalistic advertising website which had a full-screen blank billboard on the homepage for new aspiring web-based businesses.

The idea was to remind people of the milliondollarhomepage.com ... but I never planned on using the word "pixel" with my idea..

Anyways, the giant blank billboard had 50 open spots. Each fixed, adequately equal sized pixel space was to be raffled off once per week. In the first year of filling up the ebillboard, I was to optimize the hell out of the page. Each business to win a spot would also earn an interview that we would post on all social networks, and we work grab the RSS feed of the winners site as well and put it in the blog portion.

So, the idea was to give new businesses a chance to buy $1 raffle tickets for the space. If the site took off, I envisioned 50, 500, 5000 businesses entering $1/week to raffle for the space (2"x3" space roughly), for 50 weeks, ultimately filling up the space. After all, it was just $1 for new businesses to enter..

After a year, if successful, maybe offer a monthly subscription plan or re-raffle space in a continuous format, so it was constantly changing.

I bought the domain, the hosting, the eleganttheme wordpress subscription, and the rights to a 8000x4000 blank billboard picture... and I began building...

And as I continued, I missed one tinyyyy little detail....

:bgh: Online raffles are illegal. Raffles undergo state-specific guidelines.:bgh:

Lesson learned. Do your homework people!

Anyways.

I would love to roll out an idea thats fastlane and have it ready by January 2013. I now already have paid for the resources to build a very professional website, and the domain name is actually pretty decent.

eBusinessBillboard
...not bad.

Perhaps auction each space instead? Reverse auction each space? Maybe take an entirely different approach altogether?

If you lovely fastlaners have any ideas that you would like to post or message me about, I would sincerely appreciate it.

I'm so close to finally executing...

:smx6: Cheers,
-Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Halffull

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Oct 25, 2012
I don't see any reason to create a business just cause you have a domain name.

Seems like kind of a backwards way to think about it :).

But if you think the domain is valuable, maybe hold on to it for a bit, then sell it at a domain name auction site.

jfub

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 22, 2011
True. Thanks for the input.

I thought I had a valuable idea, I just failed to do adequate research. Now I just want to make the best out of the situation.

-Joe

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.