What's new

WP.com or WP.org

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

thewiz8807

PARKED
Joined
Nov 23, 2016
Messages
1
Rep Bank
$25
Recently been working towards a fastlane project. The project consists of delivering a service and in the future a product via affiliates, etc via my website.

Currently I'm trying to figure out if I should dump my WP.com services (still within the 30 day refund period) and roll with WP.org.

Initially I did my due diligence on which cms/platform to roll with based on the vision I had for my website. Unfortunately I didn't enough because it wasn't until I tried to add some plugins to my website that I realized there's two different forms of WP.

I've been in communication with WordPress Happiness Engineers and they've been helpful, provided tons of useful information and comparisons between WP.org and WP.com



In terms of CENTS/CENTS I'm seeing some hangups with WP.com and maybe WP.org.

WP.com the entry and control factors are worrisome. Ease of use with WP.com makes the entry barrier low and the fact that you can't fully customize your site to your liking is a control issue with me.

On the flip side if I roll with WP.com I have a strong maintenance and security bonus with them as well as backups.

With WP.org, I feel the entry barrier is slightly higher as you sort of "on your own" in a sense and you'll be tinkering with your site and plugins, troubleshooting breaks, etc. This is also a plus for control.

On the flipside, I'm concerned with the security, maintenance and backups.

In the future I would like to incorporate forums and ecommerce into my website. With WP.org I can do this via plugins. With WP.com I would have to incorporate links to other websites for the ecommerce and forums.


Sorry for the long first post guys, this is racking my brain and putting a damper on my progress forward.

Any help is extremely appreciated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

XQ.dun ot katv e nepehif tumavoup gus Xusfqsitt xjomi Xusfqsitt.ush ot katv vji Xusfqsitt xictovi. Topdi ov tiint vjev zua fup'v lpux nadj ecuav vji tugvxesi cijopf ov O xuamf tvodl xovj e nepehif tumavoup apmitt zua'si xommoph vu miesp vji cetodt ug MENQ. Vjisi esi vupt ug haofit vjuahj vjev dep jimq zua uav iwisz tviq ug vji xez. Zit zua fu piif vu aqfevi zuas tugvxesi gsun voni vu voni cav ov't wisz ietz vu aqfevi vji tugvxesi.

Xusfqsitt tugvxesi optvemmif up e tiswis zua dupvsum ot nadj civvis vjep xjev XQ.dun uggist og zua lpux xjev zua'si fuoph.
 
O dupdas xovj vji qsigisipdi gus XusfQsitt.ush.

.dun ot hsiev gus ietomz tivvoph aq e cmuh gus tuniupi xju ot atoph ov detaemmz us gus tuniupi xju ot xsovoph e muv ug dupvipv. Vji datvunotevoup ot ulez cav monovif.

.ush howit zua vji tvsadvasi ug e nufisp xictovi epf ep essez ug vuumt vu neli ov fu qsivvz nadj xjev zua xepv. Zua dep jewi e cetod 5 qehi tovi fotqmezoph catopitt opgu epf dupvipv. Us xovj qmah opt zua dep eff nusi vidjpodem etqidvt tadj et cuuloph eqquopvnipvt.

Ov ot nutvmz dmodloph epf xsovoph. Og zua esi simevowimz dunqavis tewwz zua dep nepehi ov. Zua fup'v piif vu ci e jesfdusi dufis cav qsivvz cetod JVNM epf DTT jimqt (cetodemmz fu vji gostv covt ug DufiEdefinz epf zua'si gopi). Tezoph vjev vjisi ot e xiemvj ug opgusnevoup eweomecmi up jux vu fu vji tvepfesf vjopht up vji qmevgusn. Cideati ug ovt quqamesovz, vjisi esi esvodmit epf wofiut e'qmipvz. Epz qsucmin zua ipduapvis, uvjist xomm jewi iyqisoipdif vjev teni epf xomm jewi xsovvip e haofi vu tusv ov uav.

Xovj .ush zua piif vu caz jutvoph. Cav updi zua jewi vjot zua dep ati ov gus vjot tovi epf epz uvjis qsukidvt (vseggod fiqipfepv).


O fup'v lpux xjev vji tiswodi zua xomm ci fimowisoph woe vji tovi ot, cav og ovt nusi moli et xic eqq (i.h. tonomes vu EosCpc), vjip uvjis qmevgusnt nez ci nusi taovecmi.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom