The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wowed by selfish-less customer service

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
If you have read MJ's book and/or have been here in the forum for some time, you know that he talks a lot about meeting and exceding customers' expectations.

Well, this simple example made my day.

I was looking for a place in the DC area for a DEXA Scanning. Unfortunately from google searches I found a lot of places that did it but the people I talked to were clueless about its purpose as a way to measure body fat.

It was frustrating.

Then, from a google result I ended up on a forum where somebody linked to a place in Chicago that actually uses this just as I wanted it to be, DexaFit - DXA Scan, V02 Testing, RMR Testing, Body Composition Testing

I decided to email them yesterday evening to ask them if they knew of a place similar to theirs in the DC area.

Of course, I was not expecting any reply. Why should they bother? I already told them I am not in their demographic/regional area, and I am asking them to do something for me.

Well, it seem Adam there does care about people, whether I ever be a patient or not.

This morning I got an email from him, the conversation went like this:

to dexafit

Hi,

I saw your site with great reviews in an online forum. I have not been able to find a similar service to yours in the Washington DC area.

Is there a place you can recommend over here?

Thanks in advance,

Andres

This morning's reply:

Hi Andres,

Sure, I believe you can get the test here: Exercise and Clinical Testing | Exercise Science | Departments | School of Public Health and Health Services | The George Washington University

Let me know if that doesn't work out, and I'll see if there's another place nearby. Good luck!

Adam

So I replied:

From Andres 9:47 AM (1 hour ago)
to Adam

wow, Adam, that seems like the perfect place. I really appreciate your help with this.

Regards,

Andres.

And then Adam said this:

Adam Kadela 9:50 AM (1 hour ago)
to me

Np. Hope it works out. It's a great motivator, and provides very helpful feedback concerning your diet and training program.

Take care

So, if this is not customer service, I don't know what it is.

So, if anybody wants to go for a dexa scanning (or any of the other services they provide), I can recommend this company without even been their direct customer. Why? Because they show me already they care.

Also, if you have any business, if you provide this type of service, for sure people will feel the need to keep working with you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Saqua

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 20, 2013
UK
If you have read MJ's book and/or have been here in the forum for some time, you know that he talks a lot about meeting and exceding customers' expectations.

Well, this simple example made my day.

I was looking for a place in the DC area for a DEXA Scanning. Unfortunately from google searches I found a lot of places that did it but the people I talked to were clueless about its purpose as a way to measure body fat.

It was frustrating.

Then, from a google result I ended up on a forum where somebody linked to a place in Chicago that actually uses this just as I wanted it to be, DexaFit - DXA Scan, V02 Testing, RMR Testing, Body Composition Testing

I decided to email them yesterday evening to ask them if they knew of a place similar to theirs in the DC area.

Of course, I was not expecting any reply. Why should they bother? I already told them I am not in their demographic/regional area, and I am asking them to do something for me.

Well, it seem Adam there does care about people, whether I ever be a patient or not.

This morning I got an email from him, the conversation went like this:

This morning's reply:

So I replied:

And then Adam said this:

So, if this is not customer service, I don't know what it is.

So, if anybody wants to go for a dexa scanning (or any of the other services they provide), I can recommend this company without even been their direct customer. Why? Because they show me already they care.

Also, if you have any business, if you provide this type of service, for sure people will feel the need to keep working with you.

Wow really fantastic customer service, its a shame he didn't make any money. Its a shame most big companies dont really have this policy to exceed customers expecations.

And in MJS book does he really argue we should exceeds customers expectations? Ive worked in a call centre for a billion dollar company and most policies in force are clearly designed to maximise revenue and not care about customers.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
And in MJS book does he really argue we should exceeds customers expectations? Ive worked in a call centre for a billion dollar company and most policies in force are clearly designed to maximise revenue and not care about customers.
This is a common thing for companies that go from a customer-centric focus to a "maximize profits, make wall st happy" mentality.

And I recommend you read the book as soon as you can.

cashflow3000

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 13, 2011
Bellingham, Washington, USA
Wow really fantastic customer service, its a shame he didn't make any money. Its a shame most big companies dont really have this policy to exceed customers expecations.

Look, providing great customer service, while it *will* help you make money, isn't about making sure you make money out of every customer service interaction, right now, today.

Take Andiv's story for example. I have no idea what he is talking about, but if there is someone who visits this forum in future, who is in the market for whatever a DEXAScan is, they will likely follow the link.

It's the old shampoo commercial all over again. You want to provide good enough service that not only is your customer happy, but they tell other people about the great service they received from you or your company. And they'll tell two friends, and so on.

It's what makes the difference between customers that struggle to get any business at all, and customers that enjoy 80% repeat and referral business.

Learn it, live it, and prosper.

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.