The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would love some feedback on my website.

Marketing, social media, advertising

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
We build tiny homes on wheels and deliver them anywhere in North America (mostly on the west coast). I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some feedback on my website. What you like, dont like and what you think I could improve on. Thanks

website

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
We build tiny homes on wheels and deliver them anywhere in North America (mostly on the west coast). I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some feedback on my website. What you like, dont like and what you think I could improve on. Thanks

website
Looks good to me, I'd recommend adding some social proof if you have. Reviews from previous customers. People trust what other people say rather than what you do.

Saint

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Sep 11, 2022
I'm not an expert on what converts, but the home page is pretty! And your products look awesome.

On my browser the contact/FAQ look a bit weird stacked together:
1682074568383.png

Something about the copy in the pages other than the home page is not grabbing my attention as I read. You might play with the formatting to make those pages more compelling and feel less like a wall of text.

Might also consider organizing the tabs to make it more clear that the middle few pages are specific offerings you have. Took me a second to realize that's what those were.

Overall though it's a really great start! I bet someone looking for this would be willing to fill out the form and start the conversation with you.

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
First of all, your webdesign looks very clean and appealing! Great job on that part!

I'll give you a layout I use for my clients (might not fully suit your type of business):

- Above the fold:
Pretty much the same design as you have right now, but I would add a nice big catchy headline with a slogan/short testimonial/or just text which describes your offer and sets you aside from competition.

Above the headline, make use of an "eyebrow" which directly speaks to your dream customer.

- On the fold:
Social proof

- Below the fold:
  1. Call out the problem (if there is any)
  2. CTA
  3. Why others suck
  4. Introducing... (your business)
    1. “This is my product, it does all these wonderful amazing things, solves all the problems I mentioned above, and is way superior than any alternative."
  5. CTA
  6. How it works
  7. Future the pace
    1. "This is what your life looks like with my product"
  8. CTA
  9. Social proof (look at all these wonderful people with their tiny houses)
  10. Make your offer
  11. CTA
  12. Did you just skip to the bottom? (Quick summary)
  13. CTA
Hope this helps!

ostojics

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 18, 2023
Looks good, in the hero section (that big image right below the navigation menu) you might have some hero message so it can have the user be introduced immediately to the mission and the purpose of your business without having to scroll down. Also, some people with smaller desktop screens will have the navigation links laid out weirdly. Maybe you could group some of the links in a nav dropdown?
Let's say you have custom tiny home, b2b and van conversion grouped in a dropdown called services. That way you could have the links layout issue prevented for people with smaller laptop screens. Overall, the website seems quite nice, good job.

EthanH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Jun 19, 2020
Manchester

website
On the "Custom Tiny Home" page of your site the "Dream Big Live Tiny" text on the image is too dark, I didn't see it at first as the image itself is quite dark too. It'd also look good to include some more pictures on the "Custom Tiny Home" page to break up the text because it looks very text heavy currently. Other than that (and what others have mentioned) it looks great and I hope it works out for you.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
I am sorry guys, I see this all the time for people asking about this on the forum. Are people allowed to do that? Is it not considered an advertisement?

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
There are some good replies already about improving your sales copy, so I won't comment on that. Yula's suggestions are excellent and Paul David is absolutely correct about the need for some customer reviews.

Instead, I'll just provide some editorial comments on the visual design and wording choices on your home page. I haven't looked at your other pages and I won't, because my advice here will be enough to apply to other pages on your own.

1. This use of a common template is visually appealing and well utilized:

Wll13OQ.jpg

It's simple and it gives a bit of a "this is a one-size fits all template" vibe, but I think it works well. The photo is bright and really showcases the product in an appealing manner.

The text in the blue area is good. You didn't try to say too much and offered a link forward to more information for those who want it.

2. I think your header is solid. The choice of page links seems on-point and if I was a potential customer, I'm pretty sure it would be easy to find the page that had me the information I would be looking for. I particularly think that having a "Why Us" page is smart, because when I saw the link, I actually wanted to click it because I became curious about what sets your product apart, even though I have no intention of being customer. The FAQ page, in comparison, didn't make me curious at all. However, it's where I'd go first if I had a question that wasn't answered on the pages I'd read so far, so I do think its inclusion makes sense from a logical UI perspective.

of8nVq3.jpg

Grammatically, I do think it would be more pleasant to pluralize "Custom Tiny Home" as "Custom Tiny Homes" and "Van Conversion" as "Van Conversions."

Also, unless B2B is a major part of your business strategy, I'd move that link to your footer to simplify things a bit and increase navigation clarity for B2C customers.

I absolutely LOVE the logo! It's simple and clean, but really pops and gives your enterprise a real air of credibility.

3. This area is uninspiring and needs some added contrast to make it pop. This area of the page made my brain so uninterested, I just scrolled past it:

SJTXHtp.jpg

The white text is so small it just get lost in the page and the larger dark gray text doesn't contrast nicely with the background because it's sucked into the weird grid patterns.

4. This area below has the pop that the area pictured just above does not. Nicely done.

However, the text here is confusing because of the inconsistency in the subject for each verb:

1D31s55.jpg

It creates a possible impression that the customer might be doing that building. Although a customer could logically guess based on the fact that delivery occurs after the build, it's still a bit logically jarring and is best avoided.

I'd suggest instead using something along the lines of the following short phrases:

"You Order" "We Build" "We Deliver"

Or perhaps "You Design" "We Build" "Delivery Included"

5. The section transition at the bottom is visually jarring:

koo01kW.jpg

I know that you are working with a template and this may have just been what was included in the template, but it robs the page of being fully clean and professional, and would best be corrected.

Last edited:

Hurks2048

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Apr 15, 2023

website
( I was on mobile)
Good job on taking action!
I found the “completely customisable models” section to be rather pleasant to look at and read, and the sections above might look better with some more detail.
But that’s just my opinion. Good luck!

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
I am sorry guys, I see this all the time for people asking about this on the forum. Are people allowed to do that? Is it not considered an advertisement?

To be fair, Im not advertising my product, just looking for feedback on my website. How else should people ask for feedback?

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
It looks great on my side. Nice color palette, nice pictures, and nice global atmosphere.

I can see you made it on SquareSpace. It's a great and simple tool to create websites, but it creates unnecessary complex code. This could impact your SEO and global visibility on search engines.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Read the rules of the forum again.

I'm not a moderator or anything, but my understanding is if someone is new, they should not do this. But once someone has been on the forum a while, and we have a sense for who they are, this is okay to do.

The OP has been on the forum since 2013. Yeah, we can help him with his website...

I can see you made it on SquareSpace. It's a great and simple tool to create websites, but it creates unnecessary complex code. This could impact your SEO and global visibility on search engines.

You're not wrong, but I have ranked squarespace sites before. It's not a terrible choice.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
There's been a lot of helpful info here. I run my own marketing agency and we primarily focus on Branding and Web Development, so take this info however you'd like.

1. By having just an image in the above the fold, you're missing out on prime real estate.
  2. Your URL slugs need to be better, eg. instead of campervanconversion, have it as camper-van-conversion
  3. Have a CTA down the bottom of every page, that way if your user reaches the end of the page, they're most likely interested in learning more, give them an easy way to contact you.
  4. Navigational links in footer
  5. Do you have socials too? Put them in the footer
  6. Link up your phone in the footer for easier phone conversions on your contact page and footer
  7. Start my build page needs to be built for CRO (conversion rate optimization), meaning have buttons throughout that page that anchor down to the build form. There are many other ways to build for CRO but it'll be an essay in itself.
  8. You have a great video on your build page that should be utilized for your homepage.
  9. Put testimonials on your homepage too, but if you can, put it in a carousel as it's easy to keep adding more without the need for further scrolling.
I could go on forever, but regardless very good job for your first site!

Best of luck!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

website

I found it difficult to find your prices. That led to a bad experience for me.

Considering I someday soon could be in the market for something like this, hopefully that carries a little more weight than just an opinion. I work in website marketing, but I approached this like a potential customer. I wanted to know how much it cost me, you made it hard to find that information, and I might go to your competition instead.

There's been a lot of helpful info here. I run my own marketing agency and we primarily focus on Branding and Web Development, so take this info however you'd like.

1. By having just an image in the above the fold, you're missing out on prime real estate.
  2. Your URL slugs need to be better, eg. instead of campervanconversion, have it as camper-van-conversion
  3. Have a CTA down the bottom of every page, that way if your user reaches the end of the page, they're most likely interested in learning more, give them an easy way to contact you.
  6. Link up your phone in the footer for easier phone conversions on your contact page and footer
  7. Start my build page needs to be built for CRO (conversion rate optimization), meaning have buttons throughout that page that anchor down to the build form. There are many other ways to build for CRO but it'll be an essay in itself.
  8. You have a great video on your build page that should be utilized for your homepage.
  9. Put testimonials on your homepage too, but if you can, put it in a carousel as it's easy to keep adding more without the need for further scrolling.

Best of luck!

I agree with some of this stuff. You obviously know what you're talking about.

Shouldn't every page be built for CRO?

In my tests, when I have a call to action at the bottom, things like navigation links in the footer and social links in the footer tend to distract from actual conversion. Have you ever tested this?

Since you're into CRO, do you find videos on the homepage help? I suppose you do because you recommended it, but I'm asking if you've actually tracked video views and seeing if that led to conversion. I find it off and slows load time, and therefore requires extra work too lazy load for a small payoff because most people don't click to play the video in the first place.

I hope this doesn't come off as argumentative. I'm trying to compare notes with another professional...

I'd suggest instead using something along the lines of the following short phrases:

"You Order" "We Build" "We Deliver"

Or perhaps "You Design" "We Build" "Delivery Included"

I agreed with a lot of your points as well. But this point felt like overthinking. The type of brain that would actually be tripped up by that section is the type of brain that would read the fine print on the start my build area and get their question answered.

Most serious buyers understand that they are not going to spend $50,000+ and then build it themselves.

So I would leave that section with simple messaging.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013

Best of luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I agree with some of this stuff. You obviously know what you're talking about.

Shouldn't every page be built for CRO?

In my tests, when I have a call to action at the bottom, things like navigation links in the footer and social links in the footer tend to distract from actual conversion. Have you ever tested this?

Since you're into CRO, do you find videos on the homepage help? I suppose you do because you recommended it, but I'm asking if you've actually tracked video views and seeing if that led to conversion. I find it off and slows load time, and therefore requires extra work too lazy load for a small payoff because most people don't click to play the video in the first place.

I hope this doesn't come off as argumentative. I'm trying to compare notes with another professional...

Every page should definitely be built for CRO. But I guess I just kept it pretty simplified for him as to not overwhelm him (you and I build/create websites daily, this is his first).

I've never fully tested the navigational distraction away from the CTA -- but that would be dependent on a case by case basis and the clients' usual marketing channels. As a whole, I think @StartupsRFun should be utilising Tiktok and Instagram, so I'd be putting those in the footer as an extra way to find your content.

Great videos help, crap videos hinder. We get pretty great conversion rates for our Fitness client who have invested quite a bit into their video marketing, however, it can't slow down the site drastically. You can usually compress it and if you keep it under 20 seconds, it'll load fast with a great server (we use Cloudways).

Definitely not argumentative! I'm always down for a healthy discussion.

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Every page should definitely be built for CRO. But I guess I just kept it pretty simplified for him as to not overwhelm him (you and I build/create websites daily, this is his first).

I've never fully tested the navigational distraction away from the CTA -- but that would be dependent on a case by case basis and the clients' usual marketing channels. As a whole, I think @StartupsRFun should be utilising Tiktok and Instagram, so I'd be putting those in the footer as an extra way to find your content.

Great videos help, crap videos hinder. We get pretty great conversion rates for our Fitness client who have invested quite a bit into their video marketing, however, it can't slow down the site drastically. You can usually compress it and if you keep it under 20 seconds, it'll load fast with a great server (we use Cloudways).

Definitely not argumentative! I'm always down for a healthy discussion.

This isnt my first website. Ive had this website up for years, just always improving and looking for feedback. I've had other businesses with websites Ive had built, and always looked for feedback from customers and non customers, just trying to dial things in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.