The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would I have been successful with this system?

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hi guys, for years, I've been trying to work my way online but as you know a job holds one back. About 2 yrs ago, I was introduced into a online system that creates websites. You just buy a domain name, input all the relevant keyword and it'll post articles, videos and ads related to your keyword. Only difference is, the domain name you're buying should be old or existing (those that people probably forgot to renew), and has traffic already.

I bought a couple of domains, around 30, and the tool went to work on its own. Weekly, we were advised to create our own report and post it in our sites so that our rank in searches would increase (I couldn't keep writing on my own so I hired ghost writers - got a good deal like $1 for an original article).

The tool costs around $3000 (yes, before I was one of those with "Get-rich-easy" mentality and wanted the easy way to get it so I placed it on credit), though there were sites that actually produces $5-$10 a month of income with ads but because I lack the funds, I couldn't continue managing all the sites. Every year, about 10 sites I didn't renew and in 2 yrs only 5 sites remained (those that are profitable). Still if I do the math, yearly renewal of the domain, hiring ghost writers and payment of the debt eats much of my funds.

After 2 yrs, I decided to give-up all the sites and decided to just keep working on my job. Question is, if I do have the funds, would I have been successful? Or is there something that I could have done differently to make it successful (wanted to learn from my mistakes)?

Thank you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
So let me get this straight...

You spent 3,000$ over 2 years and have not made a cent back? And your asking if it would have worked if you kept at it? That's like asking if you think you would have won the lotto if you stuck with it and played every week.. I'm sorry to come off as a dick, but this is the most absurd thing i've ever read.

Have you read the book yet?

Everything about what you posted violates the principles of the fastlane.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
After 2 yrs, I decided to give-up all the sites and decided to just keep working on my job. Question is, if I do have the funds, would I have been successful? Or is there something that I could have done differently to make it successful (wanted to learn from my mistakes)?
Even if you had more money I doubt you would have been more successful. Theres really two main issues that could have caused you to not make any money and I dont believe throwing more money would have made you more successful.
1. The system that you bought was flawed. It sounds like you got a little bit of traffic? Did the system rank your sites and pages higher on google? Im sure recent updates destroyed this system but at the time was it working to bring traffic?
2. The second issue is you didn't have the skills to properly monetize the traffic. Relying on ad traffic isnt a great strategy.

Neither of these issues would be solved by throwing more money at it. With more time invested you could have come up with better ways to monetize the traffic (if it existed).

For your next project find a real need that has barriers to entry. Read the Millionaire Fastlane (if you havent).

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
You spent 3,000$ over 2 years and have not made a cent back? And your asking if it would have worked if you kept at it? That's like asking if you think you would have won the lotto if you stuck with it and played every week.. I'm sorry to come off as a dick, but this is the most absurd thing i've ever read.

thanks for your direct comment, guess there are no gold nuggets and improvement points in that system but hey, I jumped tracked as I said and if there's anything to learn from that experience that I've missed I'm willing to seek it out which is why I asked. thanks again!

For your next project find a real need that has barriers to entry. Read the Millionaire Fastlane (if you havent).

Thank you for that 1step, appreciate your time to add to my learning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nosferatu

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 7, 2013
Long Island, New York
thanks for your direct comment, guess there are no gold nuggets and improvement points in that system but hey, I jumped tracked as I said and if there's anything to learn from that experience that I've missed I'm willing to seek it out which is why I asked. thanks again!

Thank you for that 1step, appreciate your time to add to my learning.

rep++

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
1. The system that you bought was flawed. It sounds like you got a little bit of traffic? Did the system rank your sites and pages higher on google? Im sure recent updates destroyed this system but at the time was it working to bring traffic?
2. The second issue is you didn't have the skills to properly monetize the traffic. Relying on ad traffic isnt a great strategy.

Hi 1step, yep I believe it was flawed though I was thinking before how he succeeded and how I could also succeed using his strategy. I do got traffic but I think it was only because I bought a used domain with existing traffic. I also got a lot of spam posts though...lol. As for the google ranking, nope, nothing helped unfortunately.

I also agree that I was dependent on others to control traffic and doesn't know anything about monetizing the site. Maybe due to my slowlane work? though now I decided, for my next project, i'd be learning everything about it first and being on-top of things, controlling it rather than letting others control it for me.

Thanks again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.