The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World Cup 2014 - Who are you picking?

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Lol have you been before?
Amsterdam is amazing everyone practically non dutch walks around with pink glary eyes and a smile across their face, its an experience.
I know I fancy Chile's chances in this game but I have a soft spot for the Oz's.

Isn't Spain supposed to be the best defensive team in the tournament? They got their collective asses handed to them, and it was almost 6-1. Spain's worst loss since 1950.
I would say Italy has the best defense in the tournament imo.
Chiellini and Ogbonna as their Centre backs will be a force.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Lol have you been before?

If I've been before, I wouldn't be open to going again. (only go everywhere once unless it's to visit family, or for business).

Direct flights from my home base to Amsterdam, so it would be hella easy.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well I have to say my first experience was tonight. lol Did have the beers. Forgive my writing if it's messed up. Not a drinker, but the dutch knows how to put on a party. Netherlands won too! Which made it even more fun!

D

DeletedUser394

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOTTTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRR FUUUUUCCCKCKINGNGGGG G RICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was awesome! I never screamed so much at a tv in my life.

D

DeletedUser394

Decided I'm going to also travel to the top 3 countries that played a match I most enjoyed. (so 1 place per year until the next cup)

So far;

1. Costa Rica (3-1) vs. Uruguay
2. Netherlands (5-1) vs Spain
3. Croatia (1-3) vs Brazil

Football is awesome.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
England and Italy both look way better than every other team I've seen so far. The Netherlands looked good, but I'm not sure how much of it was due to Spain's collapse.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Argentina were a bit poor yesterday, Bosnia deserved something out of it, think their 5-3-2 formation throttled them, just hoping that aguero/messi do it all.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
It is not because I am Dutch, but I think the Netherlands has a good chance to win the worldcup.

We were a finalist in 2010 and we just crushed (5-1) the reigning world champion Spain on Friday.

What more do we need to do to show that we are one of the top candidates?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Team USA plays tonight at 5PM central.

D

DeletedUser394

Germany is steamrolling.

Will be great to see the USA play tonight, even better if they win!

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Germany is steamrolling.

Will be great to see the USA play tonight, even better if they win!

Didn't know the USA was playing at the tournament.

Anyway, Germany shows it has a good chance of winning the whole championships.

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
It is not because I am Dutch, but I think the Netherlands has a good chance to win the worldcup.

We were a finalist in 2010 and we just crushed (5-1) the reigning world champion Spain on Friday.

What more do we need to do to show that we are one of the top candidates?

Consistency.

See my earlier post. Most of times they screw it up for themselves. If not, there is always some random factor (arbitrage, bribery, substance abuse by the opposing party) that knocks them out.

cristian tello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 11, 2013
India
, bribery,
When did this happen :O ?

Portugal may not be in top form (and may have potentially lost 3 first-team players ) but I still think they can grab the second spot instead of USA or Ghana

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
When did this happen :O ?

Portugal may not be in top form (and may have potentially lost 3 first-team players ) but I still think they can grab the second spot instead of USA or Ghana
I fancy America to finish second if they do well tonight. The game is on the up over there plus they play well as a team imo.
That Nigeria game was terrible one of the worst games Iv ever seen at a World Cup.
Im still going with my gut with the Germans to do well this tournament.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Up 1-0 early

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Hope Altidore isnt out too long he would make a huge difference being a presence up front and running down the channels.
The striker whos came on in his place doesnt look too bad not pacey at all but passes it well and moves into the right positions.
Bedoya used to play for my team and he was terrible for us whats happened?.. Anyone know what happened to Bocanegra?

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
Changed your mind already? ;)

Well, it depends.

As I said before, I've seen too many matches and whole tournaments that were spoiled by factors that had nothing to do with football.

Here in the Netherlands after the win against Spain you can't walk into a shop without tripping over the orange balloons and stuff like that.

This goes on for a week or 2 and then the team goes against Portugal and it turns into a kick boxing fight with red cards and all that, or against Brazil and you get a dubious penalty against you because the home team needs to win.

I've seen it too many times and I'm fed up with it.

But I like watching countries like USA and Ghana, because everyone knows they don't stand a chance anyway, so there aren't all these random factors.

I like the game, but I don't like the corruption behind it that plays at the level of the tournament favorites.

Magik

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Sep 23, 2013
Good win for the US. We've got a shot at beating Portugal, but we have no chance against Germany. Germany definitely looked like the best team in the tournament.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Well, it depends.

As I said before, I've seen too many matches and whole tournaments that were spoiled by factors that had nothing to do with football.

Here in the Netherlands after the win against Spain you can't walk into a shop without tripping over the orange balloons and stuff like that.

This goes on for a week or 2 and then the team goes against Portugal and it turns into a kick boxing fight with red cards and all that, or against Brazil and you get a dubious penalty against you because the home team needs to win.

I've seen it too many times and I'm fed up with it.

But I like watching countries like USA and Ghana, because everyone knows they don't stand a chance anyway, so there aren't all these random factors.

I like the game, but I don't like the corruption behind it that plays at the level of the tournament favorites.
I agree with you with the biased refeering decisions towards home nations but this tournament so far has had plenty of bad refeering decisions so far.
Even tonight in that game Muntari had a late challenge and was indefinitely a yellow but Jones I think stopped it and played it down to the ref. Good on him a bit of sportsmanship.

Jones, Beckerman and the two centre backs had great games
as i've previously said I fancy the US to do well.
They will only get better in future World Cups

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro
I fancy the US to do well.
They will only get better in future World Cups

I like their positive style of playing.

My estimate was that they've grown since I saw them at previous World Cups.

They can grow even faster if they find a way to play against top countries on a regular basis.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.